Hospital

Marvin

After going through major surgery just 12 months ago. I'm back in hospital in a couple of weeks time for more surgery, seperate issue. Hopefully it's just an overnighter, they'd prefer you to recover at home in with your own germs. Unfortunately last 3 occasions going under the knife there has been complications. Maybe I'll get lucky. I have a preoperative assessment next week then I have a Covid swab too before surgery. They asked about special dietary requirements, told them Curry 😂 apparently they can't do that for me 🙁. At least it gives me an opportunity to catch up in some reading.

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, Marvin said:

After going through major surgery just 12 months ago. I'm back in hospital in a couple of weeks time for more surgery, seperate issue. Hopefully it's just an overnighter, they'd prefer you to recover at home in with your own germs. Unfortunately last 3 occasions going under the knife there has been complications. Maybe I'll get lucky. I have a preoperative assessment next week then I have a Covid swab too before surgery. They asked about special dietary requirements, told them Curry 😂 apparently they can't do that for me 🙁. At least it gives me an opportunity to catch up in some reading.

Good luck.

JudyJudyJudy
16 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Good luck . Yes it’s prob better that your in hospital as little time as possible due to covid . However the numbers are now very low so you should be fine . I had an op on Jan then got a track and trace message a week later saying I had to self isolate as I had been in contact with a person who had covid in the bloody hospital ! Unreal . That’s been one of the many scandals Of covid 

Just now, The Real Maroonblood said:

Good luck.

Thanks, I've definitely had my NI payments worth. I have waited for this one for some time. I think I've had around 2 dozen operations now since childhood.

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Marvin said:

Thanks, I've definitely had my NI payments worth. I have waited for this one for some time. I think I've had around 2 dozen operations now since childhood.

Hopefully this’ll be your last purely from a health prospective.

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Good luck . Yes it’s prob better that your in hospital as little time as possible due to covid . However the numbers are now very low so you should be fine . I had an op on Jan then got a track and trace message a week later saying I had to self isolate as I had been in contact with a person who had covid in the bloody hospital ! Unreal . That’s been one of the many scandals Of covid 

I have to isolate from end of this month. I'm working from home currently so no skin off my nose. If needed I have the girls across the way and my mate who drives can also help. 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Hopefully this’ll be your last purely from a health prospective.

It will be the last for a while. 🤞

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I have to isolate from end of this month. I'm working from home currently so no skin off my nose. If needed I have the girls across the way and my mate who drives can also help. 

That’s good then , hope it all goes well and as I said covid is now very  rare 

Just now, JamesM48 said:

That’s good then , hope it all goes well and as I said covid is now very  rare 

I'm just thinking about the girls from over the road :brows: Nursed me well after I had my neurosurgery.

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

The gender transition operations these days do wonders. Good luck.

49 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The gender transition operations these days do wonders. Good luck.

1 minute ago, redjambo said:

OP after his next operation. ;) All the best Marvin.

sixmillmov02a.jpg

😂 Thanks. It will be a piece of piss. I can probably screw an extra few days off work too. 

Harry Potter
5 hours ago, Marvin said:

Hope everything goes well bud, take care.

15 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Hope everything goes well bud, take care.

Cheers this one is just routine surgery for a health condition I've inherited at birth. Piece of piss. I used to use it as a sickie when working in retail prior to moving to Bath.

highlandjambo3
5 hours ago, Marvin said:

Tell them you like a good balanced meal..........

burger in both hands should do it ☺️

53 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hospital's are great fun. Have a good day, Marv!👍🏻

When I stayed in St Johns 27 years ago it was a laugh because the ward I was in, nobody was ill, just guys getting their wisdoms done or tats removed. It was a great laugh. We used to be allowed to play cards late at night too. Not a chance of anything similar this time around. 

I'm at risk or have begun showing signs of PSC (I forget which as I wasn't really listening to the Doctor last week).

Hopefully can count on some of you donating bits of your liver to me if need be in the future.....not all of you mind. Donations from most of you folks on here would probably make me more ill.

• 2 weeks later...
Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Marvin said:

Had OP should be out tomorrow 🇱🇻

image.jpg

I thought it was Jeff Goldblum 😀

Take care x 

45 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Good news! Hospitals are terrible places. Full of sick people.

😂