2021 Scottish Parliament Election (Thursday 6th May 2021)

8 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

You and your oppo Jack Ladd truly are the Woodward and Bernstein of Scottish political commentary...

Or should that be Statler and Waldorf?

Beavis and Butt-head. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Unknown user

• ri Alban

Unknown user
1 minute ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Humza was an awful justice minister. An absolute demagogue.

And Zlatanable was an awful poster, an absolute gobshite

Mars plastic
2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Robison, Fagash Freeman and now Yousless. Wowzers. 

Konrad von Carstein
15 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Ah no way, Z's been booted

I saw that the thread starter had changed to Guest... Such a shame he contributed so much goo... No I can't :lol:

Konrad von Carstein
11 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

And the ministers in WM are ALL consumate professionals and on top of their brief, SNP bad but.

#butthetoariestho

Nucky Thompson

The Telegraph reporting that Nationalists tactically voting for the Greens cost the SNP 3 list seats and therefore an overall majority :biggrin2:

dobmisterdobster
27 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

And the ministers in WM are ALL consumate professionals and on top of their brief, SNP bad but.

#butthetoariestho

No but it's still night and day compared to the dearth of talent in Holyrood. Sturgeon's law anyone?

manaliveits105
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The Telegraph reporting that Nationalists tactically voting for the Greens cost the SNP 3 list seats and therefore an overall majority :biggrin2:

:bravo:

Unknown user
24 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

And how did tactical voting work out for you lot in stopping an independence majority?

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

And how did tactical voting work out for you lot in stopping an independence majority?

Tactical voting was to stop the SNP getting an overall majority and therefore a strong claim for another referendum.

The mythical 'independence' majority won't put the same pressure on Bojo.

It looks like the Nationalists tactically fecked it up :rofl:

Unknown user
1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Tactical voting was to stop the SNP getting an overall majority and therefore a strong claim for another referendum.

Aye bollocks, don't tell me you're claiming this was the result you wanted as well!

In what way is the independence supporting majority in Holyrood mythical? 

Konrad von Carstein
38 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

No but it's still night and day compared to the dearth of talent in Holyrood. Sturgeon's law anyone?

Brexit,  anyone?

Nucky Thompson
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Aye bollocks, don't tell me you're claiming this was the result you wanted as well!

In what way is the independence supporting majority in Holyrood mythical? 

Off course it wasn't the result I wanted, but it was the best result we could have hoped for.

On the lead up to the election, everyone was predicting an SNP overall majority, some predicting that they would sweep all the constituency seats.

Weakened Offender

Off course it wasn't the result I wanted, but it was the best result we could have hoped for.

On the lead up to the election, everyone was predicting an SNP overall majority, some predicting that they would sweep all the constituency seats.

On the lead up to the election everyone was predicting the SNP would split in two and Nicola would be forced to resign but don't let your memory of facts get in the way of the utter shite you're consoling yourself with today. 

Nucky Thompson
Just now, Weakened Offender said:

On the lead up to the election everyone was predicting the SNP would split in two and Nicola would be forced to resign but don't let your memory of facts get in the way of the utter shite you're consoling yourself with today. 

What political commentators were predicting that??

Unknown user
19 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The best result you could hope for was the SNP getting even more votes and MSPs as the independence coalition's majority increased aye?

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The best result you could hope for was the SNP getting even more votes and MSPs as the independence coalition's majority increased aye?

The best result was the SNP not getting the overall majority that they were predicting and it's an even better result knowing that voting for the Greens cost them 3 list seats. Definitely Aye

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

The best result was the SNP not getting the overall majority that they were predicting and it's an even better result knowing that voting for the Greens cost them 3 list seats. Definitely Aye

If you say so

Nucky Thompson
Just now, Smithee said:

If you say so

Surely you must think that the SNP would have been in a far stronger position and Bojo would be under far more pressure if they had got an overall majority

Unknown user

Surely you must think that the SNP would have been in a far stronger position and Bojo would be under far more pressure if they had got an overall majority

I doubt it would make any difference at all to be honest, there's already a clear majority of MSPs who had independence in their referendum.

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's spin, and then there's the Torygraph spin. 

That's proper bottom of the barrel scraping.

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's not mythical, it's real.

If Johnson feels less pressure then it's testament to his political ineptitude.

But I guess if it gives you solace, then enjoy!

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Most of the polls/commentary I read prior to the election was suggesting an SNP minority. To end up one short of a majority was quite impressive imo, given the electoral system. After 14 years in power, that says a lot.

The only tactical voting was by Gold, Red and Blue Tories.

Hundreds of thousands of SNP list votes were wasted because SNP won EVERY seat in several regions and so got no list seats at all.

Unionist media is still beating the "SNP failed to win a single party majority" drum and the morons lap it up.

10 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

51 seat majority. 62 v 11. But hey, we better give out prizes for coming last, so have some seats, Losers! 

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

51 seat majority. 62 v 11. But hey, we better give out prizes for coming last, so have some seats, Losers! 

:lol:

Nucky Thompson
24 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

At the end of the day the SNP are still a minority administration in Holyrood and need the Greens to pass their budget :fonzie:

I'll be contented with the prize of being in the UK for the foreseeable future :smugger:

Konrad von Carstein
18 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

At the end of the day the SNP are still a minority administration in Holyrood and need the Greens to pass their budget :fonzie:

I'll be contented with the prize of being in the UK for the foreseeable future :smugger:

No issue with consensus politics in Scotland from me, keeps baser instincts in check which are all too prevalent in the other place.

I see that while you have a hard on about minority administrations you are "forgetting" that majorities are supposed to be impossible with the voting system in the SP which makes the SNP hitting the bar all the more remarkable.

On your last point, the UK you are in at the moment may not look the way it does just now in around 5 years.

The Scottish Parliamentary system was custom designed to prevent majorities.

But you know that.

And you're just trolling.

The fact that the SNP keep winning massive landslides and have been able to govern in tandem with the Greens for the last 14 years has brought stability to an inherently unstable system.

If the Unionist parties could perhaps come up with more policies than "TEAM GB", maybe they'd be in with a shout of getting into coalition.

But then all they know is the adversarial, winner takes all politics that exists in the Medieval Feudal Westminster Parliament.

So they keep getting smashed.

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

No issue with consensus politics in Scotland from me, keeps baser instincts in check which are all too prevalent in the other place.

I see that while you have a hard on about minority administrations you are "forgetting" that majorities are supposed to be impossible with the voting system in the SP which makes the SNP hitting the bar all the more remarkable.

On your last point, the UK you are in at the moment may not look the way it does just now in around 5 years.

Not really that excited about minority administrations Konrad. It's only a bit of banter on a fans forum.

Douglas Ross, Willie Rennie, Anas Sarwar are all knobs too. Typical politicians.

Regarding the UK. I cross the border every weekend and don't want to be showing my passport and exchanging currency every time :whistling:

Konrad von Carstein
49 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Not really that excited about minority administrations Konrad. It's only a bit of banter on a fans forum.

Douglas Ross, Willie Rennie, Anas Sarwar are all knobs too. Typical politicians.

Regarding the UK. I cross the border every weekend and don't want to be showing my passport and exchanging currency every time :whistling:

Ah the banter card... :lol:

I'm not remotely excited, old chap, just adding my tuppence worth to your driv... Err, postings :)

Unknown user

The SNP got the highest amount of votes ever cast in a Scottish election

The SNP got the highest percentage vote of any UK election in the last 50 years

The SNP got more seats than last time

The coalition government's majority increased

The red, yellow and blue tories rearranged the furniture and no more despite a big effort at tactical voting

More people voted in the Scottish election than ever before

Let's be honest, banter's the only way a unionist can score a point with that result!

Nucky Thompson
13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The coalition government's majority increased

:biggrin2: I don't think the SNP formed a coalition with the Greens and are continuing as a minority administration

If the Scottish Parliament had 650 seats like Westminsters does, and if Scotland used first-past-the-post like Westminster does, the 2021 Scottish Parliament Election would have returned the SNP to power with a MAJORITY of 454.

A MAJORITY OF FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY FOUR.

Puts all the unionist spin/lies into perspective.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:biggrin2: I don't think the SNP formed a coalition with the Greens and are continuing as a minority administration

Ah yes, my mistake. The government's hand was strengthened though of course.

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

If the Scottish Parliament had 650 seats like Westminsters does, and if Scotland used first-past-the-post like Westminster does, the 2021 Scottish Parliament Election would have returned the SNP to power with a MAJORITY of 454.

A MAJORITY OF FOUR HUNDRED AND FIFTY FOUR.

Puts all the unionist spin/lies into perspective.

Puts spin & lies into perspective by using something completely made up ? 😂

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Puts spin & lies into perspective by using something completely made up ? 😂

Ah you'll be another one dead chuffed at the SNP's record breaking election

Just now, Smithee said:

Ah you'll be another one dead chuffed at the SNP's record breaking election

Nope I really couldn’t care less. They were always going to win and win quite convincingly. No point losing any sleep over things you can’t control. Unlike the i dependence seekers I can accept whatever way the counted votes end up. I get the uk government I vote for so happy enough with that. 

Unknown user
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Nope I really couldn’t care less. They were always going to win and win quite convincingly. No point losing any sleep over things you can’t control. Unlike the i dependence seekers I can accept whatever way the counted votes end up. I get the uk government I vote for so happy enough with that. 

Yeah, I'll take a "pff I'm no bothered" from someone who clearly does bother about the subject

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Yeah, I'll take a "pff I'm no bothered" from someone who clearly does bother about the subject

Take whatever gets you through the day buddy. 👍

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:brucey:

He isn't bothered, that's why he tells us all numerous times a day how he's not bothered about the SNP and Greens increasing their seats and votes