2021 Scottish Parliament Election (Thursday 6th May 2021)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Unknown user

• ri Alban

Zlat laying the early groundwork for the Indyref result challenge in the event of a yes vote. “Yes officer, I deduced they were all the same person but they all had a vote each, all 1.4 million of them.”

The Real Maroonblood
8 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Are you seriously not seeing the thing where a single person is running multiple accounts?

Do you suffer from insomnia?

Governor Tarkin
8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

yHe’s a good lad, good Jambo but could do with a shovel roond the back of the heed at times where indy is concerned. 

And occasionally the front of the heid imo.

Jeffros Furios
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Were you also a Rangers fan growing up like Spacey?

Does Spacey in real life believe 9/11 was an inside job ? 

Some of his  comments were vile .

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

:cornette_dog:

Ron Burgundy
8 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

I haven't read them but genuinely believes the moon landings are fake so it wouldn't surprise me.

He is harmless in real life though, just a bit of a conspiracy theorist.

Personally can't see this not going to court unless Johnson is super confident of getting the result he wants.

The democratic argument is pretty simple.  As long as enough MSPs vote for the Bill for a referendum to progress then it should progress to that next stage.  Then you move onto the legalities as to whether the SG can go alone, needs WM approval or whether WM or the PM is legally allowed to block.

I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone with a straight face can say that as the SNP does not have a sole majority or that the constituency vote which was less than 50% should be the indicators as to whether it can progress to the legal stages.

Edited by DETTY29

frankblack
43 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Personally can't see this not going to court unless Johnson is super confident of getting the result he wants.

The democratic argument is pretty simple.  As long as enough MSPs vote for the Bill for a referendum to progress then it should progress to that next stage.  Then you move onto the legalities as to whether the SG can go alone, needs WM approval or whether WM or the PM is legally allowed to block.

I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone with a straight face can say that as the SNP does not have a sole majority or that the constituency vote which was less than 50% should be the indicators as to whether it can progress to the legal stages.

It can go to court, but I think the rules around article 30 are pretty clear, and WM will win.

coconut doug
8 minutes ago, frankblack said:

It can go to court, but I think the rules around article 30 are pretty clear, and WM will win.

What rules are these?

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Zlatanincapable thinks Space Mackerel and I are the same person, because nobody else has the same opinion as him that folk that do must be the a multiple poster. 

Probably the most offensive accusation ever witnessed on Kickback.

Get lawyered up.

• Moderators

Please try and post on topic and leave the outing of members with multiple accounts, or otherwise, to the moderating team. 

15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I'm not sure why you're so certain the UK government would win? 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, pablo said:

I'm not sure why you're so certain the UK government would win? 

He’s Mystic Meg.

2 minutes ago, JKBMod 3 said:

Please try and post on topic and leave the outing of members with multiple accounts, or otherwise, to the moderating team. 

That reads like something Pasquale would type. 🧐

Anyway, speaking of multiple roles. Has Doug stated if he intends to keep both House seats? Which one will he consider his day job? I suppose his party are an irrelevance in Holyrood so that won’t take up as much time. 

Ron Burgundy

If we were to have a referendum where both sides were honest and the financial implications were laid out honestly then I would have no problem with that. 

More people voted for unionist parties so I doubt that the SNP will go near one for a very long time but they can bluster their way round it by pretending to demand one.

The question asked should be , should Scotland leave the current union to attempt to re-join the EU.

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

but they can bluster their way round it by pretending to demand one.

which they have done since 2014.

5 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

should Scotland leave the current union to attempt to re-join the EU.

I would definitely vote for that. 

Ron Burgundy
2 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

I would definitely vote for that. 

Well considering that's the whole reason for this demand for a referendum it should be the question. The problem the SNP have is that a third of their supporters voted for Brexit.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Were you also a Rangers fan growing up like Spacey?

No my dad took me to my first Hearts game when in was 2 in 1972, his mates used to say they would get the cruelty man to him if he kept taking me to watch that shite 😆

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If we were to have a referendum where both sides were honest and the financial implications were laid out honestly then I would have no problem with that. 

More people voted for unionist parties so I doubt that the SNP will go near one for a very long time but they can bluster their way round it by pretending to demand one.

The question asked should be , should Scotland leave the current union to attempt to re-join the EU.

That’s a separate question that will need to be asked in another referendum. 
Yes started at 25% in 2014 and anyone who did their homework on the facts voted for Independence. 

Boris' government hasn't got a great track record in the Supreme Court.

For some reason, he keeps getting defeated there.

Maybe because he's a gobshite.

Pasquale for King
35 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Probably the most offensive accusation ever witnessed on Kickback.

Get lawyered up.

Hahahahaha I’m ok thanks 😜

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, gjcc said:

That reads like something Pasquale would type. 🧐

Anyway, speaking of multiple roles. Has Doug stated if he intends to keep both House seats? Which one will he consider his day job? I suppose his party are an irrelevance in Holyrood so that won’t take up as much time. 

Don’t get me in any more trouble ffs 😆
Yes he’s keeping all four jobs, useless at them all and makes around £500k a year doing so 🙈

A Boy Named Crow
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes started at 25% in 2014 and anyone who did their homework on the facts voted for Independence. 

Aye, I know plenty of folk who were against independence say ten years ago, but when they actually picked through the various arguments, became yes voters.

I know nobody, who has ever gone the other way*

*Except made up people on internet forums

Edited by A Boy Named Crow

Ron Burgundy
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

But it's the whole reasoning behind having a referendum.

As for the second part, I felt I couldn't do any homework due to the lack of information regarding the implications. They had no plans re currency FFS. Oil was the saviour. 

If they want to win they need to have a far better thought out reasoning than "it'll be better, trust us".

And if the sums add up then I'm in. I hold no loyalty to any flag, just my family. 

4 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Well considering that's the whole reason for this demand for a referendum it should be the question. The problem the SNP have is that a third of their supporters voted for Brexit.

And two thirds of Labour supporters voted remain. Membership or otherwise of the EU will be decided after independence. Personally I would prefer efta but I'll worry about that after Covid is done and a referendum is held. Anyway, time to close this thread surely as, despite attempts to deny it, the election is over and independence parties won. Maybe start another thread in a year or so when the push for a referendum will start

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

But it's the whole reasoning behind having a referendum.

As for the second part, I felt I couldn't do any homework due to the lack of information regarding the implications. They had no plans re currency FFS. Oil was the saviour. 

If they want to win they need to have a far better thought out reasoning than "it'll be better, trust us".

And if the sums add up then I'm in. I hold no loyalty to any flag, just my family. 

No it’s not it’s the change in circumstances that required another vote. 
The SNP won the election with a promise to have another referendum, like the Tories did in 2015 and in 2019 to get Brexit done, on a much smaller vote share, nobody questioned their right to do this democratically. 
The plan was to use the pound, and to use oil as the UK has to borrow money. 
If you think staying in the UK is best for your family in the present and the future then there’s not much more to say. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Aye, I know plenty of folk who were against independence say ten years ago, but when they actually picked through the various arguments, became yes voters.

I no nobody, who has ever gone the other way*

*Except made up people on internet forums

Definitely, look part the debunked myths and media lies and it’s all there to see. 
It’s not really for us to persuade folk, we can only show them where to find out the facts and make their own decisions. 

frankblack
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

No it’s not it’s the change in circumstances that required another vote. 
The SNP won the election with a promise to have another referendum, like the Tories did in 2015 and in 2019 to get Brexit done, on a much smaller vote share, nobody questioned their right to do this democratically. 
The plan was to use the pound, and to use oil as the UK has to borrow money. 
If you think staying in the UK is best for your family in the present and the future then there’s not much more to say. 

Any educated person would think that remaining in the UK is best for themselves and their family in terms of wealth.  If you want to make yourself poor and have your assets devalued then go for independence.

A Boy Named Crow
2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Any educated person would think that remaining in the UK is best for themselves and their family in terms of wealth.  If you want to make yourself poor and have your assets devalued then go for independence.

Genuinely curious,  how do you support this statement?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Hahahahaha ok then, Frank get the door. 

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What an arrogant, pompus pile of crap.

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

frankblack
1 minute ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Genuinely curious,  how do you support this statement?

• The nationalists won't say how they will finance their share of the national debt.  It isn't likely to be pretty reading for their supporters.
  • Scotland has an unsubstainable deficit.
  • Scotland hasn't got a central bank.
  • Scotland won't be in the EU.
  • A Scottish currency would be worth less than sterling based on our economy vs rUK.
  • Scotland would need a trade deal with the rest of the UK, let alone agree how to transport goods to the continent without charges at Berwick.

A Boy Named Crow
Just now, frankblack said:

• The nationalists won't say how they will finance their share of the national debt.  It isn't likely to be pretty reading for their supporters.
  • Scotland has an unsubstainable deficit.
  • Scotland hasn't got a central bank.
  • Scotland won't be in the EU.
  • A Scottish currency would be worth less than sterling based on our economy vs rUK.
  • Scotland would need a trade deal with the rest of the UK, let alone agree how to transport goods to the continent without charges at Berwick.

Largely slanted conjecture then,  smashing, thanks.

frankblack
Just now, A Boy Named Crow said:

Typical head in the sand response from the nationalists.

The Real Maroonblood
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, A Boy Named Crow said:

Probably conjecture because the snp have never addressed it. I’ve no idea why this hasn’t been fully put in front of us so those that are swaying can make an informed decision. Independence is going to cost us a lot of money, let the country know how much extra tax it will cost us then people can judge whether it is worth it. 

The Real Maroonblood

giphy.gif

You're full of shite. 

You'll be poorer Blah! Blah! Blah!

How do you know that?

Right enough you're Mystic Meg.

A Boy Named Crow

Typical head in the sand response from the nationalists.

Not really, most of what you wrote was conjecture,  which has been slanted by your pre-existing opinions. 

I thought maybe you had some new insight to share.  All good. 

A Boy Named Crow
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Probably conjecture because the snp have never addressed it. I’ve no idea why this hasn’t been fully put in front of us so those that are swaying can make an informed decision. Independence is going to cost us a lot of money, let the country know how much extra tax it will cost us then people can judge whether it is worth it. 

No government could ever give the kind of certainty about any economic decisions, years out from the event. It's lunacy to expect them to! Hence, conjecture!

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Norm said:

With all the identity crises, I'm getting worried. 

Does anyone know who I am? 

Yes I do 😜