Swashbuckling, Attacking Football

gedster

Just now, jimbojambo said:

Hopefully Souttar will make a big difference as no reason to be poor with Gordon, Smith, Kingsley and Halkett all good players also.

If he can get back to his best it’ll beat the best signing we’ll make this coming close season. Another solid centre back on top of JS would make a huge difference. 

siegementality
3 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

You'll just be another sheep without a mind of your own then.

Duly noted.

But if I had the same opinion as you I’d have a mind of my own? You obviously don’t do irony.

Guest ToqueJambo
9 hours ago, gedster said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/nostalgia/how-hearts-late-comeback-against-rangers-saved-the-2015-title-party-3201945

Hard to believe that's how the article says we played that season when we see the current rubbish we have to suffer.

"Says we played" We did play that way, quite often under Neilson. And we've even done it this season.

Edited by ToqueJambo

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

good thread though. The thread where you moved up from being the best hearts fans in the world to the hearts fan that understands football better than anyone else. Managed to upset an OAP in the process. What’s the next level up for you now. How can you rise any further in your quest for complete kickback superiority. 

At the risk of upsetting Bully......

😂😂😂

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Hopefully Souttar will make a big difference as no reason to be poor with Gordon, Smith, Kingsley and Halkett all good players also.

The jury is still out on Kingsley defensively and we need an upgrade on Halkett, he’s not good enough. 

1 hour ago, siegementality said:

But if I had the same opinion as you I’d have a mind of my own? You obviously don’t do irony.

No, I get someone in to do it.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

At the risk of upsetting Bully......

😂😂😂

Usual contribution 😔

4 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

An example to us all. All the women want to be with you, all the men want to be like you. A giant amongst men. Hearts are lucky to have you. Why not regale the crowd with one of your travelling 1000’s of miles to a game stories. 

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

An example to us all. All the women want to be with you, all the men want to be like you. A giant amongst men. Hearts are lucky to have you. Why not regale the crowd with one of your travelling 1000’s of miles to a game stories. 

900 mile round trip. Truth is in the facts.

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

900 mile round trip. Truth is in the facts.

Indeed mate, hats off to you. You are to Hearts what Ali was to boxing.

Psychedelicropcircle
17 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

There's no such thing as bad or boring or negative or eye bleeding football. 

Thousands of pitches across the country prove that.

There is a lot of silly wee Sheep on here and social media that have extreme difficulty in thinking for themselves and deep down should really and probably have at one point followed the bigots.

17 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

There's no such thing as bad or boring or negative or eye bleeding football. 

Thousands of pitches across the country prove that.

There is a lot of silly wee Sheep on here and social media that have extreme difficulty in thinking for themselves and deep down should really and probably have at one point followed the bigots.

I seen a program lately about the Saudi gov having a big team of positive spinners working on social media, has AB employed you for this purpose?

#whatdoyouknowaboutthemaroonbees

Tommy Brown
13 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

If you don't think some football is subjectively boring compared to other football then you're dafter than you act on here. Maybe stick to colouring books. 

:lol:

9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The jury is still out on Kingsley defensively and we need an upgrade on Halkett, he’s not good enough. 

Pre the St Mirren injury last season he was decent in my opinion so I think he might be OK. Kingsley I like as a wing back as opposed to full back. 

9 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Usual contribution 😔

I make plenty of constructive contributions but when it comes to your constant personal insulting comments against fellow JKB’s it’s the only response you deserve.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Only happened in a few games or in the last 20 minutes of games when the candlestick makers and cabbies ran out of legs

great achievement to win promotion and win or draw so many games that year the style of football has become an absolute myth

swashbuckling against hibs - nah against rangers nope (though did play well after they went down to 10 men in the 2-0 game)

swasbuckling games I can remember - Raith away 4-0 livi home 5-0 Cowdenbeath 10-0

im sure there are couple more but can’t remember them

when we won 2-1 at qos we were excellent - dominant after we equalised (pallardo v good) and got our reward in the end  -with a scrappy winner - it was a very old firm type performance and very good but more persistent than swashbuckling

what are the 10-15 games I’m missing - mind choose ones you saw cos lots like the 4-1 home against qos totally flattered us and swashbuckling it wasn’t (other than last 15 mins or so) ?

lost in space
10 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Re "irony" - I thought that was very funny. I didnt realise you had a sense of humour. You should use it more often.  In my opinion of course.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
7 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Only happened in a few games or in the last 20 minutes of games when the candlestick makers and cabbies ran out of legs

great achievement to win promotion and win or draw so many games that year the style of football has become an absolute myth

swashbuckling against hibs - nah against rangers nope (though did play well after they went down to 10 men in the 2-0 game)

swasbuckling games I can remember - Raith away 4-0 livi home 5-0 Cowdenbeath 10-0

im sure there are couple more but can’t remember them

when we won 2-1 at qos we were excellent - dominant after we equalised (pallardo v good) and got our reward in the end  -with a scrappy winner - it was a very old firm type performance and very good but more persistent than swashbuckling

what are the 10-15 games I’m missing - mind choose ones you saw cos lots like the 4-1 home against qos totally flattered us and swashbuckling it wasn’t (other than last 15 mins or so) ?

5-1 against Dumbarton and Alloa 3-0 against falkirk were above average/swashbuckling performances too

thats 6 so far I can remember most/all of the rest being professional old-firm-type (relatively speaking) effective performances eg the 2 away games to livi

this season we’ve had Dundee Raith and alloa that we’re above average

On 16/04/2021 at 14:30, Sir Gio said:

We've hit 6 three times this season, a five and a four. What more do people want, I just dont know 

:cornette_dog:

Just because you climax during sex does not mean you are very good at it!

What people want is entertained, a cohesive and fairly identifiable game plan, a forward pass or 2,  a decent cross once in a while, a team that look as if they have trained that week rather than just attended, maybe even introduce themselves to each other!

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Just because you climax during sex does not mean you are very good at it!

What people want is entertained, a cohesive and fairly identifiable game plan, a forward pass or 2,  a decent cross once in a while, a team that look as if they have trained that week rather than just attended, maybe even introduce themselves to each other!

:berra:

Ignoring the ridiculous sex comment, how can a team win the league if they are not at least some of these things most of the time? 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ignoring the ridiculous sex comment, how can a team win the league if they are not at least some of these things most of the time? 

Because the league is shite, you dunce

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You tell me as they didn't! Sorry if you are a bit prudish!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

All Scottish Cup weekend has taught me, Scottish football in general is brutal, we should not really be worried about the opposition, just ourselves 

23 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’d have to agree that Halkett has been dodgy in a Hearts shirt. The weird thing is that he got rave reviews playing in the SPL for Livingston, and signing him was supposed to be something of a coup.