Harry Cochrane leaving

iantjambo

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Always the chance he could go from non contributor at Montrose to an English Premier team.

Now how can we turn this in to a “Hearts are clueless” type thread?

Has he been scamming Hearts, Dunfermline and Montrose all along.

How has he potentially be scamming those clubs?

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• Pasquale for King

• DH1986

• GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
18 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Yep.  That's a common sense  conclusion .... even if the contract being offered is on reduced terms.  Something's driving his decision to chuck it in at Hearts.    

I wonder if Harry's problem stems from Broonie's revenge having dented his bravery/mentality (as well as his body) - and he's maybe now considering trying his luck in the manicured US league, where he could earn better money too.

Look at GMS since he came back from the US - he seems to have lost the heart to  take on the cloggers back here. 

The list of promising young players choosing to leave Hearts over the last few years is a bit of an embarrassment - but do our coaches (or Arnott) feel embarrassed or at fault ?

Don't think they will fel embarrassed Tbh. 

Hearts are the biggest club most of these players will play for. 

Who has made it "bigger" and went on to better things. 

Most weren't and are not good enough for where we are and where we want to be. 

Patterson left for down south, Hickey got a big move. 

The rest are nothing special,their careers will prove that over the piece. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Don't think they will fel embarrassed Tbh. 

Hearts are the biggest club most of these players will play for. 

Who has made it "bigger" and went on to better things. 

Most weren't and are not good enough for where we are and where we want to be. 

Patterson left for down south, Hickey got a big move. 

The rest are nothing special,their careers will prove that over the piece. 

Looks like Patterson is heading for League One to be fair. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Once again though we seem to be offering peanuts. I know it was rumoured before,and generally considered to be unfounded, but last night I was speaking to someone very close to his family and they say the stories about us offering Irving a pittance are spot on.

But most folk want a low basic and a high bonus type salary. 

Now folk are moaning that low basics might not keep or attract players. 

Can't beat jkb for a bit irony Tbh. 

Irving has been average the last two seasons in a poor Hearts team, there is no justification for breaking the bank for him. 

He's not even established himself as consistent in the championship. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Looks like Patterson is heading for League One to be fair. 

He played in the epl tho and  his big pay day, I'd also take him back. 

I'd take Hickey back. 

All the rest mentioned on here, Holt, Robinson, doig, Cummings, morrison, MacDonald ( who I liked) are all very average players who might peak in a few years but they were not good enough for us. 

Add Irving and cichrane to that list. 

Folk  going on about Hearts destroying youth are missing the biggest issue, very few players will break through at Hearts and add value to us through the first team and  those that do will Likley move on for a nice 3/4 year deal ( down south) as soon as they can. 

We're not in a great atm way and pretty much every player mentioned bar Hickey and Patterson wouldn't even get in this seasons team, never mind next seasons when folk want, sorry demand swashbuckling football and 3rd/ 4th place finishes or everywan oot. 

This Place is ****ing nuts. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Remember the season we actively boasted about playing the most minutes of teenage players in Europe?

BOASTED. LOUDLY. Through our official SM?

Then binned it.

40 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Remember the season we actively boasted about playing the most minutes of teenage players in Europe?

Then binned it.

Wow wow, you can't say that 😱 no that's wrong can't be correct that. 

Pasquale for King
59 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Then binned it.

They didn’t mention that we played 43 players that season and only McLaughlin didn’t miss a game due to injury. 

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Heard that Hibs are in for him.

Got a few bites with that well done 😆😜👍🏽👏🏾

Is it likely that Patterson has no value left and we could get him back if he wanted to come?  If not, what do people think his current transfer value would be?

I think he went to SW for £500,000.

A_A wehatethehibs
3 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Is it likely that Patterson has no value left and we could get him back if he wanted to come?  If not, what do people think his current transfer value would be?

Wish it were possible but I would think Wednesday will definitely be very keen to hang on to him for a promotion campaign because they’re losing Rhodes on a free at the end of the season. And there’s financial questions looming as well. They certainly won’t be letting him leave for nothing. 

Guest ToqueJambo
12 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

That was quite a bargain for English football. He's done well too, 40 games and 8 goals isn't to be sniffed at. He's carving out a very good career down there. I think Championship teams will always take a chance on him for his character and versatility and he's always got the chance of the odd season in the EPL. Would love him to come back. He'd transform our defence, midfield and attack!

Guest ToqueJambo

Cochrane could be one of these players who might be suited to playing in a better team and league and not really built for lower league or bottom 6 Scottish football.

He does have the composure and technical ability, kind of like how Jason Holt always had that. It all seems to rest on if he can rebuild his confidence. He can probably only do that with better players around him and in a team doing relatively OK. It's disappointing he didn't get a chance this season in particular and that he's turned down a contract with us. I wouldn't be surprised if a D Utd, Hibs, or St J take a chance on him. Hope he does well at any of them except Hibs obviously.

Funnily enough, he's the kind of "project player" Levein used to like to sign too many of.

Edited by ToqueJambo

upgotheheads
26 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Cochrane could be one of these players who might be suited to playing in a better team and league and not really built for lower league or bottom 6 Scottish football.

He does have the composure and technical ability, kind of like how Jason Holt always had that. It all seems to rest on if he can rebuild his confidence. He can probably only do that with better players around him and in a team doing relatively OK. It's disappointing he didn't get a chance this season in particular and that he's turned down a contract with us. I wouldn't be surprised if a D Utd, Hibs, or St J take a chance on him. Hope he does well at any of them except Hibs obviously.

Funnily enough, he's the kind of "project player" Levein used to like to sign too many of.

Very possible, when you look around the middle clubs of the premier league there's a few ex- jambos being useful squad players.

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Hamilton interested.

Apparently we are entitled to a six figure development fee, kinda narrows his options big time 

jamboinglasgow
7 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Apparently we are entitled to a six figure development fee, kinda narrows his options big time 

I might be wrong but I think thats only if he stays in Scotland that we would get 6 figures, he may find his options better abroad or in England.

On 19/04/2021 at 05:50, Kiwidoug said:

Paterson will be back one day imo, however he's got years left down south to try and get back in the prem and he has every right to think he can

1 hour ago, jbee647 said:

That would make sense as he joined us at under 13 age group so has been with the club about seven years.

hmfc_liam06
7 hours ago, jbee647 said:

We'll take a lower offer.

Really poor the way this has worked out.

If there was a youngster you thought was going to properly break through and be a regular it was Cochrane, especially around the time of his performance in the 4-0 game against Celtic, great left foot goal aswell.

Not sure why it hasn't worked and why he wasn't kept and given game time in this division but it is worrying that even a youngster that plays as well as he did in some games can't make it at Hearts.

been here before
49 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Played again for Montrose. Won. 

Played in the Scottish 3rd Division. Won thanks to an own goal. Subbed off. Remains mid table.

Lets keep him.

Edited by been here before