Zak Rudden

5-1Jambo

Comes from a massive Jambo family. Grandad Rab Aitchison was on our books as a lad and has been a big mentor for the lad. Zak was on Rangers books, loaned to Partick when they were in the Champiinship(pre stitch up). He played half a season on loan and got player of the year. Gerrard pulled him back but punted the lad when he got what looked like a serious injury. Now back at Partick and scoring for fun. The lad has a bit of guts about him and an eye for goals. 

Scored twice tonight and as I said is just on come back from injury and very little football. Just keep an eye on him. He was very well thought off by Gerrard before his injury. 

Lone Striker

He got good reviews by Falkirk fans when he was on loan there a couple of years ago in the Championship. It does seem odd why he's lingering in L1 now.

Just now, Locky said:

Why do you hope we're looking at him? Plenty better out there surely.

I just think young Scottish talent, especially hungry strikers should be covered by our scouts. When you see some of the dross we have brought in recently I think we could do worse than take a look at lads like Rudden. I just said worth a look not we need to sign him right away. 

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, Locky said:

Why do you hope we're looking at him? Plenty better out there surely.

Aye, we've got a wonderful track record of unearthing young strikers so we really should just dismiss him. 

A_A wehatethehibs

Worth monitoring to see how he does next season at Partick. A good last couple of games for him, back to back doubles 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, we've got a wonderful track record of unearthing young strikers so we really should just dismiss him. 

I'd personally rather someone who's proven rather than taking the punt on some lad from Partick Thistle.

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Locky said:

I'd personally rather someone who's proven rather than taking the punt on some lad from Partick Thistle.

We've tried proven. They sign for us and immediately become shite. 

1 minute ago, sassenach said:

Can't we do both? Bring in players if they are good enough for the first team, but also try to develop players ourselves?

No chance. That's too sensible.

Just now, sassenach said:

Can't we do both? Bring in players if they are good enough for the first team, but also try to develop players ourselves?

As my original post said the lad was well thought of by Gerrard and is only at Partick because of his injury. If he hadn't got Injured and let go I doubt Partick would have got him. But they took a punt on the lad and are being repaid. 

TyphoonJambo

He's on a good little run but not too many games left this season for him to establish himself as a first pick starter,unfortunately.  They should make the play offs though and If he plays a major part in those games he'll come to the bigger teams attention.

Personally, considering folk here were considering crap like Cummings,or bemoaning the loss of Wighton, I'd like to see us taking a chance on players like this.

And,as an aside, it might even make his uncle cheer up (massive Jambo)🤣

If he does well next year I'd say its worth sticking an offer in. According to Wiki he signed a 2 and half deal with Partick. 

Absolutely worth keeping an eye on though, didn't realise he was that tall too. 

maroonblood
12 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Comes from a massive Jambo family. Grandad Rab Aitchison was on our books as a lad and has been a big mentor for the lad. Zak was on Rangers books, loaned to Partick when they were in the Champiinship(pre stitch up). He played half a season on loan and got player of the year. Gerrard pulled him back but punted the lad when he got what looked like a serious injury. Now back at Partick and scoring for fun. The lad has a bit of guts about him and an eye for goals. 

His mum is obviously a bad influence as she is a Hibby, so presumed he was too, although was at Rangers a long time. Was a Scotland regular in his age group. 

john thomas
5 hours ago, OTT said:

If he does well next year I'd say its worth sticking an offer in. According to Wiki he signed a 2 and half deal with Partick. 

Absolutely worth keeping an eye on though, didn't realise he was that tall too. 

Think Rangers have a buy back clause ?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, Turkishcap said:

And if loads withhold season ticket money we cant afford big signings

Called cutting off your nose to spite your face and a self fulfilling prophecy

kevins_barnet
6 hours ago, maroonblood said:

His mum is obviously a bad influence as she is a Hibby, so presumed he was too, although was at Rangers a long time. Was a Scotland regular in his age group. 

He is a Hibs fan too. I believe he attended the performance school at Broughton before joining Rangers. 

Edited by kevins_barnet

1 hour ago, Gary Locke said:

Big zak is a hibee, went to same school not that he wouldn’t sign for the hearts if the opportunity arose 

His grandad and uncle are died in the wool jambos. 

51 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

His grandad and uncle are died in the wool jambos. 

Must be a mixed family.  I worked beside his Brother , Colin, who is a Hibs fan. Good guy actually, lives in Baberton.

Always joked he disowned his Brother for signing with Hearts but admitted he’s fully turned maroon now after growing up a Hibs fan. 

PS. Think they’re originally from Clermiston?

Edited by Debut 4

Ricardo Quaresma
On 15/04/2021 at 20:22, 5-1Jambo said:

Comes from a massive Jambo family. Grandad Rab Aitchison

From Musselburgh?