Alloa and Brechin

rory78

Brechin did win a game this week. You never know.

But position as bottom club can be confirmed tonight.

Edited by Mikey1874

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• Fozzyonthefence

• Rogue Daddy

Footballfirst

It is pretty clear that the SPFL challenged the SFA's decision and took the matter to arbitration, at a cost that will be borne by all SPFL clubs.

SFA

“We are delighted that the decision by the judge corresponded with the view of the Scottish FA and provides the necessary clarity to the league bodies and certainty to those clubs affected.”

SPFL

“We therefore worked with the Scottish FA to conduct an arbitration in front of a senior judge and are very pleased that the position has been definitively clarified, and that this season’s Pyramid Play-Off Matches will proceed as normal.”

Edited by Footballfirst

Delighted.

Arbroath, Brechin, Forfar and Montrose should get with it and become Angus FC.

Just make sure Ken Ferguson is nowhere to be seen.

Lone Striker
23 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Brechin took it to arbitration. Sfa1 spfl 0

Wow !!   We know Brechin wrote a begging letter to Doncaster a couple of weeks ago, ....... so did the SPFL actually take Brechin's side in the arbitration ?  And when the decision was to uphold the SFA plan,   surely heads need to roll at the SPFL ?  :arry:

Edited by Lone Striker

FarmerTweedy

Not really fussed who wins between Kelty and Brora but I hope whichever one does win goes on to absolutely annihilate Brechin, and that they do indeed get dumped in the Highland League rather than their preferred Lowland League!

8 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Wow !!   We know Brechin wrote a begging letter to Doncaster a couple of weeks ago, ....... so did the SPFL actually take Brechin's side in the arbitration ?  And when the decision was to uphold the SFA plan,   surely heads need to roll at the SPFL ?  :arry:

No benefit to Celtic in this one so they are shit out of luck.

I honestly thought Brora and Kelty would get shafted again, really pleased they get their chance, and I hope they take it, and Brechin peter oot like a wet fart.

Rogue Daddy
2 hours ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Unfortunately for Brechin, our one loan to then fellow strugglers, Albion Rovers, has had a much bigger positive impact than Brechin’s three from Rangers.

:greggy:

Either Brora or Kelty will batter Brechin.

Would be good to lose Cowdenbeath as well, if only for Findlay!

Edited by nijambo
Spelling

John Findlay

Brechin v Annan tonight. Brechin fail to win and they will be conformed as SPFL team 42.

Also be interesting to see if Forfar v Clyde goes ahead tonight too.

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Delighted.

Arbroath, Brechin, Forfar and Montrose should get with it and become Angus FC.

Just make sure Ken Ferguson is nowhere to be seen.

Nonsense.

Kill 4 clubs for a new one thst no one wants.

The Treasurer

What is the point of the SPFL as a ruling body if anything they fu.. (sorry) decide, can be overruled by the SFA.

Surely we only need one body to make a shambles of running the game, not two

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Does this suggest there really should have been a play off last season too?

Their argument is no play offs took place at all last year. Maybe if other teams had went to arbitration then might have been different 

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

What is the point of the SPFL as a ruling body if anything they fu.. (sorry) decide, can be overruled by the SFA.

It was an independent arbitration set up by sfa similar to ours. One side sfa backing the pyramid and spfl backing club 42

The Treasurer
Just now, Newton51 said:

It was an independent arbitration set up by sfa similar to ours. One side sfa backing the pyramid and spfl backing club 42

My point still stands

5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

My point still stands

It is a shambles. Ken Ferguson on spfl board then resigns so he can send a letter to the boards saying this is unfair on club 42 and spfl back this club

Niemi’s gloves
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

The point to me is that the SFA is the senior ruling body, although they haven’t always acted that way. The SPFL is a members’ organisation ultimately subordinate to the SFA and it’s rules and regulations. Rather than have one body, I’d have have greater separation of the two, with no Doncaster ex-officio on the SFA board and no sharing of offices. Indeed I’d like to see one of them moved out of Glasgow to somewhere like Perth. 

Footballfirst
35 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

The point to me is that the SFA is the senior ruling body, although they haven’t always acted that way. The SPFL is a members’ organisation ultimately subordinate to the SFA and it’s rules and regulations. Rather than have one body, I’d have have greater separation of the two, with no Doncaster ex-officio on the SFA board and no sharing of offices. Indeed I’d like to see one of them moved out of Glasgow to somewhere like Perth. 

The SPFL needs to appoint an Independent Executive Board to promote the League, negotiate broadcasting contracts, seek sponsorship, provide governance for its competitions etc.

The Independent Board should be tasked to review the current structures and governance, and to come up with  21st century solutions for the professional and semi professional games, including league structures, voting rights, financial distribution and its interfaces with the SFA and the pyramid leagues.  Consultation needs to take place with all the parties involved, including the SFA, clubs, broadcasters, sponsors and fans. 

The vote to accept the proposals should be largely taken in advance of the review and effectively be a rubber stamp exercise at its conclusion. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Is there a plan to televise the playoff between Brechin and the winner of Brora/Kelty?  I'd be willing to get PPV for that - it could be near as much fun as watching Hamilton demote Hibs.

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

davemclaren
15 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

Is there a plan to televise the playoff between Brechin and the winner of Brora/Kelty?  I'd be willing to get PPV for that - it could be near as much fun as watching Hamilton demote Hibs.

Not quite as good as that. 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Not quite as good as that. 

Not quite - but nearly . 

Hit it, Leon....

GMEdinburgh
6 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

It is pretty clear that the SPFL challenged the SFA's decision and took the matter to arbitration, at a cost that will be borne by all SPFL clubs.

SFA

“We are delighted that the decision by the judge corresponded with the view of the Scottish FA and provides the necessary clarity to the league bodies and certainty to those clubs affected.”

SPFL

“We therefore worked with the Scottish FA to conduct an arbitration in front of a senior judge and are very pleased that the position has been definitively clarified, and that this season’s Pyramid Play-Off Matches will proceed as normal.”

If the costs are to all member clubs I wonder if Hearts and others gave consent to proceed with arbitration. 

Italian Lambretta
17 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

SFA

SPFL

When you read those 2 statements it looks like it has come form the same person. Dungcaster. 

19 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Officials 

Just saw this.  Makes my day.  Kelty or Brora?  I don't care as long as Brechin get obliviated.  

Cowdenbeath next season.

I think the pyramid system is great for Scottish Football.  There are a lot of ambitious clubs who have the opportunity to freshen up the lower leagues.  It's up to teams that get demoted to fight their way back.   If we can't improve our game from the top down (due to the ugly sisters) we can try from the bottom up.  

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

Just saw this.  Makes my day.  Kelty or Brora?  I don't care as long as Brechin get obliviated.  

Cowdenbeath next season.

And Albion Rovers the following season.

Hagar the Horrible

I Will have a wee drink over either Brora or Cove being promoted at Club 42 FC's expense  Lat year I came up with the Calpol 3,  this year Alloa and Brechin are the Kleenex 2,  Dry your eyes!

What I wanted to ask but for some reason work has kept me busy, the nerve!

This concerns me, it is as though they were looking for a loop hole to stop the pyramid system again Maxwel and Doncaster had to go to a judge to ensure that there views matched those of the SFA/SPFL, I just dont believe them, otherwise why go to a jugde to enforce existing rules.  I truly believe the Judge was asked is this legally binding and can we ignore it and do our own thing as usual, and the Judge went Yes/No/NO.

Lets see if this game has the worst ref decisions ever!!!!!

Preston Jambo

The League 2 clubs and some League 1 clubs must be beginning to realise that  dropping out of the league is a one way ticket as things stand.

East Stirlingshire had a relatively good season last time out and were nowhere near promotion. Berwick were more likely to get relegated to the East of Scotland League than promoted.

I think they will start agitating soon for reconstruction and a fairer promotion system from the non league set up to give them any hope for their long term future.

Edited by Preston Jambo

But for the grace of God...  A 10 team league leaves little wriggle room if a club is having a mare of a season.  At least League 2 in England has 24 clubs where it is easier to hide in mid-table.