Season tickets

Smoked-Glass

Saint Jambo
23 minutes ago, Percival King said:

If this deal is bad for Hearts, wouldn't it follow that it's also bad for most clubs which would then beg the question as to why those clubs, perhaps including Hearts, have agreed to it. As much as we don't rate Doncaster, surely he can't unilaterally agree a TV deal which the member clubs object to.

It would only be a bad deal if Hearts went down the route some are suggesting of selling games at £15 each rather than selling season tickets. The club won't do that. They simply can't afford to.

I'm much more optimistic than most about the prospects of crowds next season. People seem to be thinking of it like last year when the plan was to gradually increase capacity as they worked out how to manage people travelling to and then being in a stadium safely, testing what the upper limits of that was to keep risk low.

But we're in a different environment now. We know outdoors is much safer than indoors. More importantly the driver is the vaccine programme. At what point do you believe that you've managed the risk through mass vaccination and suppression that you can effectively return to normal. Helpfully it also turns out that most of the risk is removed with first dose. The second dose seems to mainly improve longevity. As vaccine roll out reaches the whole population and hospital admissions and deaths drop of significantly the options to remove restrictions ramp up quickly.

If the vaccines are on track, then every adult will have been offered the first vaccine by the end of July and the second vaccine by the end of October. All those in the higher risk groups will have had a second dose by mid-July. Notably for what this means for us, Nicola Sturgeon talked last week about moving beyond level 0 back to even greater normality in "late summer". That suggests to me that Scottish Government are looking at this high risk full vaccinated plus all others recieved first dose as the tipping point to return to (almost) normal.

The plan from late June at level 0 is 2,000 spectators seated outdoors, but with more allowed by agreement with government. Given they are going to allow 15,000 into Hampden at a time when we are at level 1 and the standard max for outdoor seated is just 1,000, I think it is likely that they will allow significant numbers into sport stadiums by the time we reach August. UK Government have suggested that they will allow full stadiums from 21st June, although FA have apparently told UEFA they expect 20,000 at Wembley for Euro group games, with "many more" for the knock out games.

What is worrying (for football not just Hearts) is that if this thread is representative of fans' levels of optimism, then clubs have a real barrier to selling season tickets to overcome.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• davemclaren

• Smoked-Glass

• GinRummy

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, jambali said:

Yes ... and?

The discussion was about what Budge has said she will do and what the government ask clubs to do, testing folk to get into games. 

upgotheheads
14 hours ago, been here before said:

**** any deal that involves Hearts TV. Id rather eat my own shite than tolerate another season of paying to watch games presented by the leagues worst club online streaming service.

Surprise, surprise up pops Pavlov dave to defend the inept shit that is Hearts TV

Everyone in the league this year thats been available for us to watch- plus whatever cup games we've had streamed, Ive watched.

Hope thats good enough for you. 

Honestly its funny as.

Criticise Hearts TV and up he pops.

14 hours ago, GinRummy said:

If I’m being honest, it’s shit for a club our size but I’ve watched different club tv on iptv for years and the Scottish clubs are all dreadful at it bar the O.F.

I think there must be two streams being broadcast by Hearts, one from the regular gantry in the Wheatfield with good cameras and another from behind the corner flag under the police office for moaners, using a mobile phone.

The stream I've been watching has been very good for the most part, with a couple of glitches,  but better than some of the crap dished up by the BBC.

As I understand it s/t holders will get the same service as this season with games available even if it's being broadcast on another platform. My problem will be that I have become so used to sitting on my arse at home, rather than the four hour train journey costing £20, plus the compulsory beers in the Diggers, that I might struggle to get back into the habit, though I probably will. Also I will want to protect my season ticket seat. 

Harry Potter
15 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I think there must be two streams being broadcast by Hearts, one from the regular gantry in the Wheatfield with good cameras and another from behind the corner flag under the police office for moaners, using a mobile phone.

The stream I've been watching has been very good for the most part, with a couple of glitches,  but better than some of the crap dished up by the BBC.

As I understand it s/t holders will get the same service as this season with games available even if it's being broadcast on another platform. My problem will be that I have become so used to sitting on my arse at home, rather than the four hour train journey costing £20, plus the compulsory beers in the Diggers, that I might struggle to get back into the habit, though I probably will. Also I will want to protect my season ticket seat. 

Very easy to stay at home with a stream, hard enough for me to go in a freezing cold day, if we

get back in i will purchase a season ticket, if not, pay 18.50, never missed a game this season plus

my FOH is still up and running.

upgotheheads
6 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Very easy to stay at home with a stream, hard enough for me to go in a freezing cold day, if we

get back in i will purchase a season ticket, if not, pay 18.50, never missed a game this season plus

mine too.

1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

As I said in a later post, it's not so much the stream (which isn't great) it's the whole thing. The whole production (for want of a better word) offers poor value for money imo and is amateurish. Probably fine for foreign viewers paying £20 a month or whatever but that isn't who is watching it now. Things have changed. FWIW I'll be buying my season tickets regardless but that doesn't change my view.

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, Harry Potter said:

Same for me. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Me three, in the winter when I was sitting in the warmth watching a game i really wasn’t missing sitting in the cold watching crap. 

Footballfirst

H1B5 have put their ST's on sale today.  Prices are typically £420 for an adult in the West and East stands

A season ticket remains the only option to see every home Premiership match at Easter Road, whether in person, or via Hibs Pass and the continuation of The Match.

We have frozen season ticket prices at 2020/21 levels and have added additional benefits to each season ticket category of Gold, Silver and Bronze to show our thanks for your continued support.

These include free access to Hibs TV for the season, quarterly events, open training sessions and discounts at our new kiosks for the duration of the 2021/22 season.

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

H1B5 have put their ST's on sale today.  Prices are typically £420 for an adult in the West and East stands

A season ticket remains the only option to see every home Premiership match at Easter Road, whether in person, or via Hibs Pass and the continuation of The Match.

We have frozen season ticket prices at 2020/21 levels and have added additional benefits to each season ticket category of Gold, Silver and Bronze to show our thanks for your continued support.

These include free access to Hibs TV for the season, quarterly events, open training sessions and discounts at our new kiosks for the duration of the 2021/22 season.

Same approach as last season but with a few more perks. 

jambo-in-furness

I can’t be the only one who has felt the benefit of not getting up very early in the am,  spending upwards of £30 on a train ticket and sitting 2 hours + each way on the train each way, (when they run on time)  all in all a day spent just for 90 minutes of “match atmosphere”

The stream might be poor value if you live near Tynecastle,  but for we travelling fans,  it’s not too shabby,  seeing matches you might not have made due to them being midweek or trains not running has made my purchase of next seasons ticket a must,  I can retain my seat,  and if I can’t make the game due to COVID restrictions or bad weather or many other reasons I have the stream as back up.  LONG LIVE STREAMING.  Pledge for life,  never forget, never forgive.

28 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I can’t be the only one who has felt the benefit of not getting up very early in the am,  spending upwards of £30 on a train ticket and sitting 2 hours + each way on the train each way, (when they run on time)  all in all a day spent just for 90 minutes of “match atmosphere”

The stream might be poor value if you live near Tynecastle,  but for we travelling fans,  it’s not too shabby,  seeing matches you might not have made due to them being midweek or trains not running has made my purchase of next seasons ticket a must,  I can retain my seat,  and if I can’t make the game due to COVID restrictions or bad weather or many other reasons I have the stream as back up.  LONG LIVE STREAMING.  Pledge for life,  never forget, never forgive.

Only 90 minutes of "match atmosphere"?

Did you not do the pub pre and post match?

:olly:

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

A whole day then a hangover the day after is my preference. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
34 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

No you are not.  For me it is five hours of driving and flying just to get to Edinburgh.  And the same to get home again, obviously.  Then there is the financial cost, an average of £200 a game - not including ST.

I am happy to fall back on the streams next season if it helps free up limited capacity, with a view to physically getting back into my seat the season after.

jambo-in-furness
48 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Aye, at 72 years of age, that tended to wreck me.  Platform 5 has a lot to answer for.

Edited by jambo-in-furness

1 hour ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Aye, at 72 years of age, that tended to wreck me.  Platform 5 has a lot to answer for.

True :lol:

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

2 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

No you are not.  For me it is five hours of driving and flying just to get to Edinburgh.  And the same to get home again, obviously.  Then there is the financial cost, an average of £200 a game - not including ST.

I am happy to fall back on the streams next season if it helps free up limited capacity, with a view to physically getting back into my seat the season after.

Real PHM 👍🏽👏🏾

Fort Vallance
6 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I'm exactly the same as you train / distance etc. But I can't wait to get back, see the lads, have a beer or two. I even miss the walk from Haymarket. It's the 90 minutes in the middle that's putting me off. 

scott herbertson

I don't mind the travel (2 hour bus then the bus from the West end, 3 hours inStratties, game maybe 1 a pint in Benson's post match and a snooze in the bus on the way back to Birnam - leave the house at 9, back at 9

As someone pointed out the only downside it the bit between 3pm and 5pm, and maybe the waking up in Pitlochry instead of Birnam (if more than one post match pint   image.jpeg.a093c427806fb4da143d6bb66fb6b67d.jpeg    )

7 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Real PHM 👍🏽👏🏾

Wish it was that easy for me.  😔

davemclaren

9 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I don't mind the travel (2 hour bus then the bus from the West end, 3 hours inStratties, game maybe 1 a pint in Benson's post match and a snooze in the bus on the way back to Birnam - leave the house at 9, back at 9

As someone pointed out the only downside it the bit between 3pm and 5pm, and maybe the waking up in Pitlochry instead of Birnam (if more than one post match pint   image.jpeg.a093c427806fb4da143d6bb66fb6b67d.jpeg    )

That journey getting home after post match drinks would be a bladder challenge for me these days. 

scott herbertson
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

That journey getting home after post match drinks would be a bladder challenge for me these days. 

Takes careful management and timing.

Plus leg crossing and seat squirming

On 19/04/2021 at 22:39, Saint Jambo said:

It would only be a bad deal if Hearts went down the route some are suggesting of selling games at £15 each rather than selling season tickets. The club won't do that. They simply can't afford to.

I'm much more optimistic than most about the prospects of crowds next season. People seem to be thinking of it like last year when the plan was to gradually increase capacity as they worked out how to manage people travelling to and then being in a stadium safely, testing what the upper limits of that was to keep risk low.

But we're in a different environment now. We know outdoors is much safer than indoors. More importantly the driver is the vaccine programme. At what point do you believe that you've managed the risk through mass vaccination and suppression that you can effectively return to normal. Helpfully it also turns out that most of the risk is removed with first dose. The second dose seems to mainly improve longevity. As vaccine roll out reaches the whole population and hospital admissions and deaths drop of significantly the options to remove restrictions ramp up quickly.

If the vaccines are on track, then every adult will have been offered the first vaccine by the end of July and the second vaccine by the end of October. All those in the higher risk groups will have had a second dose by mid-July. Notably for what this means for us, Nicola Sturgeon talked last week about moving beyond level 0 back to even greater normality in "late summer". That suggests to me that Scottish Government are looking at this high risk full vaccinated plus all others recieved first dose as the tipping point to return to (almost) normal.

The plan from late June at level 0 is 2,000 spectators seated outdoors, but with more allowed by agreement with government. Given they are going to allow 15,000 into Hampden at a time when we are at level 1 and the standard max for outdoor seated is just 1,000, I think it is likely that they will allow significant numbers into sport stadiums by the time we reach August. UK Government have suggested that they will allow full stadiums from 21st June, although FA have apparently told UEFA they expect 20,000 at Wembley for Euro group games, with "many more" for the knock out games.

What is worrying (for football not just Hearts) is that if this thread is representative of fans' levels of optimism, then clubs have a real barrier to selling season tickets to overcome.

I agree with this. Putting the usual issues of faith in Budge and Neilson and pricing, the big issue is where we are going with covid.

If you look at the statistics most of Scotland is at level 1 or 2 in the WHO risk categories, and heading rapidly towards 0. The Scottish Government is keeping the whole of the country at level 3 from next week, with the promise to offer us more freedom after the election. This level of control added to continual negativity and threats is all a bit tiring. Every time somebody looks to enjoy themselves we are all scalded like naughty schoolchildren and told that this may result in the need for tighter restrictions. The classic case was the Rangers celebrations that we were told would result in a spike of cases around Glasgow. Was there a spike? The figures suggest not, with the trends in Glasgow reflecting those in Edinburgh but at an overall higher rate no doubt attributable to population density and less working from home due to the differences in employment sectors. 

As long as there is the threat of local shutdowns and travel limits this will impact on season ticket sales. I believe that something like 40% of season ticket holders live outside the City of Edinburgh Council area. The overall lack of certainty makes me nervous to commit, which goes against my general position of positivity on where we are going with covid. I cannot help but think that the vaccination roll out is having a massive effect on reducing numbers, but I just do not trust those making the decisions to make calls in line with the statistical evidence. This of course is just one aspect. All that has gone on in the last year will see some people very reluctant to return to the normality of attending football, and this is perfectly understandable. A lot of supporters have had awful experiences. 

Hearts has a big job on its hands if it is to sell anything like the numbers it has in previous years. 

2020/21 I’ve ‘watched’ more Hearts games on my season ticket than for many years. TV option is great, if you can’t make the match just watch on TV.

Is this the same deal that the SPFL have agreed with Sky for the Premier League in 2021/22? Ie on your season ticket you can watch matches at Tynie or if not on HeartsTV via your season ticket?
If yes there could be record season ticket sales!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

4 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

2020/21 I’ve ‘watched’ more Hearts games on my season ticket than for many years. TV option is great, if you can’t make the match just watch on TV.

Is this the same deal that the SPFL have agreed with Sky for the Premier League in 2021/22? Ie on your season ticket you can watch matches at Tynie or if not on HeartsTV via your season ticket?

♥️♥️♥️♥️

I am not so sure.   This season, it cost my household around £40.00 a game, to watch  it on a computer screen.  No matter how much quality they make the stream and the features, it will never be worth that much.  Especially if we are dross for almost all the season, which we have been for the last few seasons. 

You could get Hearts International for around a 1/3 of that price, which includes televised away games, as well as home, and will include the SKY games as you are ‘out with’ the UK.  All you need is a VPN, which comes with most security subscriptions anyway.   

if people believe there is a real risk of only being allowed to see a small number of games, or there are restrictions once you are in with regards to who you sit with, or interaction or singing and shouting, it may put them off.  As might any need to wear a mask in the ground.  Restrictions in pubs may also put folk off, if it is part of the ritual. Add to that the potential need for tests before each game, and the cost, or the requirement for both jabs, which not everyone may have by the start of the season

All these things, combined with being used to watching from home, and the poor performances, then  lot of people may not bother.  The main selling point is an emotional and loyal one, which will always be enough for some.  The other is the match day atmosphere and experience, but as above, restrictions may prevent there from being one.  

Edited by Paolo

17 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

Takes careful management and timing.

Plus leg crossing and seat squirming

Would you feel embarrassed if the driver knew your circumstances, pulled over somewhere quiet and said "Scott, do you want to go out for a piss"?

You might get a round of applause when when you get back on.

davemclaren
9 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️

I do think it’s a useful option for ST holders even ‘after’ Covid as there are usually a few games I can’t make a season, for various reasons. The TV rights holder may have a different view though. 

scott herbertson
4 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Would you feel embarrassed if the driver knew your circumstances, pulled over somewhere quiet and said "Scott, do you want to go out for a piss"?

You might get a round of applause when when you get back on.

Knowing the drivers (and them knowing me....) wouldn't trust them to let me back on again

😄

scott herbertson
5 hours ago, Paolo said:

I am not so sure.   This season, it cost my household around £40.00 a game, to watch  it on a computer screen.  No matter how much quality they make the stream and the features, it will never be worth that much.  Especially if we are dross for almost all the season, which we have been for the last few seasons. 

You could get Hearts International for around a 1/3 of that price, which includes televised away games, as well as home, and will include the SKY games as you are ‘out with’ the UK.  All you need is a VPN, which comes with most security subscriptions anyway.   

if people believe there is a real risk of only being allowed to see a small number of games, or there are restrictions once you are in with regards to who you sit with, or interaction or singing and shouting, it may put them off.  As might any need to wear a mask in the ground.  Restrictions in pubs may also put folk off, if it is part of the ritual. Add to that the potential need for tests before each game, and the cost, or the requirement for both jabs, which not everyone may have by the start of the season

All these things, combined with being used to watching from home, and the poor performances, then  lot of people may not bother.  The main selling point is an emotional and loyal one, which will always be enough for some.  The other is the match day atmosphere and experience, but as above, restrictions may prevent there from being one.  

Good post

I hope they are working hard to make whatever package we are offered attractive, or a lot of STs money may not be seen again

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I do think it’s a useful option for ST holders even ‘after’ Covid as there are usually a few games I can’t make a season, for various reasons. The TV rights holder may have a different view though. 

I agree. I like to spend a part of the deep mid winter in sunnier places and have always waited on the fixture list before finalising my plans so that I can minimise the matches I miss. I love the winter shutdown as it, plus an away draw in the cup can be very helpful! It would be great if I could watch the matches on my season ticket while abroad  

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Paolo said:

Yip, every club is going to ha e a financial hole to fill. 

Very few, if any will sell more season tickets for the variety of reasons you outline very well. 

I'm renewing, but if had 2/ 3 of in the house then I'd think twice. 

Why have numerous renewals when you can watch the games having purchased only 1