Good reviews for young Harry Stone....

Section Q

ford donald
24 minutes ago, The Fox said:

Best keeper since Gordon 

Certainly looks the business,we are lucky having him and CG.

7 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Certainly looks the business,we are lucky having him and CG.

Yup, one position is solid at least!

50 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

The highlights of their game against Stirling are worth a watch, he made some brilliant saves in that game.

Link...........?

One of many talents we have coming through, please don't ruin him Hearts. 

We could get a big fee if we play our cards right 🙏

Edited by Bongo 1874

StevenNaismith

He’s the best goalkeeper I’ve seen come though at Hearts since Craig Gordon. I don’t want to put pressure on him but he’s a better goalkeeper than Craig was at 18. He has everything you’d want in a goalkeeper and he’s also a lovely young man. I expect him to go to the very top, as does everyone else at the club. 

So many parralels with Gordon. I've not seen the kid and remember the same noises about Jack Hamilton so not taking anything for granted but can't help but hope he will be a good player for us. Hopefully his development is treated properly.

Bunny Munro

I'd offer him an extra year in hisbdeal. Then have him make his debut in the league cup group stages next year, I assume we'll get drawn against someone of league 1/2 standard (thinking about it, I bet we get Brora). Then a season long loan in League 1 or the championship. Somewhere he'll play 30-40 games.

2023 is such an awkward length of contract......

CG is going to be good for 21/22 at least.....how long is Stone going to wait for a chance? We need to put him out on loan to a Championship team next season to continue his development and hope he’ll sign a new extended deal.

Gordon will be no1 next season and I reckon step back to help develop Harry stone. Get Stone a year loan to the Championship and if he looks the real deal then he starts season 22/23. Get him on a new deal. 

17 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'd have him as no2 to Craig Gordon next season and punt zlamal, stewart and Doyle

I forgot Doyle’s still here.  :vrface:

Just now, BigAlim said:

give him the cup games next season

Jesus Christ man. If Roberto is still in charge can you imagine the fury if he put youngsters into the cup side. 

Just now, Tazio said:

Jesus Christ man. If Roberto is still in charge can you imagine the fury if he put youngsters into the cup side. 

Depends on the results tbh

22 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It would be the solid 2 hours of seethe after the teamsheet came out. 

let them seethe 

A_A wehatethehibs

Born in 2002. Craig Gordon made his Hearts debut that year, after a “sensational” loan spell at Cowdenbeath.

However, Craig Gordon didn’t have Craig Gordon stood in his way of getting the Hearts team! I think big CG might have a good couple of seasons in him yet. So will be tricky to manage that situation but for me, just bring the lad into the number 2 slot next season and try and get him 5-10 games. 

9 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

I'd have him as no2 to Craig Gordon next season and punt zlamal, stewart and Doyle

Aye let's just have him sit on the bench. The lad needs games, and not reserve ones. Out on loan to a championship team would be best. 

9 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Disagree. He goes out on loan then comes straight in at No1 if good enough. You don’t have a goalkeeper with that potential sitting on the bench imo. 

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Aye let's just have him sit on the bench. The lad needs games, and not reserve ones. Out on loan to a championship team would be best. 

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Disagree. He goes out on loan then comes straight in at No1 if good enough. You don’t have a goalkeeper with that potential sitting on the bench imo. 

A season as understudy to Craig Gordon actually being involved in Hearts matchdays is good progression next season and better education than a season on loan at a pub team. It’ll be Hearts first season back in the Premier so high standards will be set. And aside from anything else, Hearts need a decent number 2 next season, what if CG gets injured? Shall we extend Stewart Zlamal or Doyle’s deal? No ta.

Ideal progression to get this lad the honour of being involved in the matchday squad next season. And he will without doubt progress to playing over time. 

30 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

A season as understudy to Craig Gordon actually being involved in Hearts matchdays is good progression next season and better education than a season on loan at a pub team. It’ll be Hearts first season back in the Premier so high standards will be set. And aside from anything else, Hearts need a decent number 2 next season, what if CG gets injured? Shall we extend Stewart Zlamal or Doyle’s deal? No ta.

Ideal progression to get this lad the honour of being involved in the matchday squad next season. And he will without doubt progress to playing over time. 

I think you're giving the top flight way too much credit here. The step up between the leagues is not much at all. I honestly think he needs to play, even if it's a loan til January. I agree it's good experience for him to be involved in match day squads but we really need to make sure he's ready to go by having a decent run of competitive games. 

Not keen on any of the back up keepers that we have. It's likely Stewart will hang around though if Neilson is still in charge. 

10 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Nope, he needs to be playing and ideally in front of crowds which is the one thing he’s not been tested with as yet.

Its a good idea for him to go out on loan however I'd want him to train with Gordon week in and week out at the same time, are development loans still a thing?

Batistuta87
14 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

One of many talents we have coming through, please don't ruin him Hearts. 

We could get a big fee if we play our cards right 🙏

I can see it now Bongo. 

Back out on loan season 21/22

Breaks into our first team season 22/23, has a stormer, and we lose him for nothing. 

We absolutely must protect our interests with this laddie and get him signed on a long term deal ASAP. None of this dilly dallying and waiting until he's only got 2 months left before making an offer - get it done before he gets into his last year.

Edited by Batistuta87

TyphoonJambo
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

I can see it now Bongo. 

Back out on loan season 21/22

Breaks into our first team season 22/23, has a stormer, and we lose him for nothing. 

We absolutely must protect our interests with this laddie and get him signed on a long term deal ASAP. None of this dilly dallying and waiting until he's only got 2 months left before making an offer - get it done as soon as he has a run of appearances in the first team.

I believe he's a clever kid who's not keeping all his eggs in one basket,continuing his studies so may stick around longer whatever happens if we include the freedom to do so.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, fast_blood said:

I think you're giving the top flight way too much credit here. The step up between the leagues is not much at all. I honestly think he needs to play, even if it's a loan til January. I agree it's good experience for him to be involved in match day squads but we really need to make sure he's ready to go by having a decent run of competitive games. 

Not keen on any of the back up keepers that we have. It's likely Stewart will hang around though if Neilson is still in charge. 

it’s not the “top flight” that I’m giving credit to. It’s our club Heart of Midlothian. That is the badge I want Stone to be wearing, with pride, week in week out next season even though he won’t be #1. This season he has had his 10-15 game stint at the pub team this season to sharpen himself up. Next season he wears hearts colours and trains with Craig Gordon on Hearts match days for me. Let him be at Tynecastle for the fans return, and experience what it means to be a Hearts player. And as our #2 gets himself 100% ready to stand between the posts for Hearts if called on. Gordon could get stretchered off any time so the lad has to be ready. Look to get him his debut, and get him 5-10 games as well. And see if he gets in and performs, that’s his chance isn’t it. That’s his opportunity. 

Tell you what folk give too much credit for, it’s loans to play 50-60 games away at pub teams. He’s now had his loan, will get another good 10 games or whatever is left this season, so it’s about progressing him into our squad next season and from that point, onwards into the team. 

Batistuta87
3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I believe he's a clever kid who's not keeping all his eggs in one basket,continuing his studies so may stick around longer whatever happens if we include the freedom to do so.

He is. I believe he's aiming for some sort of medical degree or at least exam results to allow him to do so at a later date if football doesn't work out. We've currently got him on the Hearts Learning Academy thing at Balerno.

20 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

it’s not the “top flight” that I’m giving credit to. It’s our club Heart of Midlothian. That is the badge I want Stone to be wearing, with pride, week in week out next season even though he won’t be #1. This season he has had his 10-15 game stint at the pub team this season to sharpen himself up. Next season he wears hearts colours and trains with Craig Gordon on Hearts match days for me. Let him be at Tynecastle for the fans return, and experience what it means to be a Hearts player. And as our #2 gets himself 100% ready to stand between the posts for Hearts if called on. Gordon could get stretchered off any time so the lad has to be ready. Look to get him his debut, and get him 5-10 games as well. And see if he gets in and performs, that’s his chance isn’t it. That’s his opportunity. 

Tell you what folk give too much credit for, it’s loans to play 50-60 games away at pub teams. He’s now had his loan, will get another good 10 games or whatever is left this season, so it’s about progressing him into our squad next season and from that point, onwards into the team. 

I credit you for you enthusiasm and I wish others had the same however next season fans are demanding to be back up the top end of the table without fail. With that point in mind, I can see us giving Stone 5 - 10 games in the league. As someone else pointed out, maybe give him time during the betfred to see how he goes. 

A hell of a lot can change between now and next season. He's still a young lad but personally I'd want him getting regular games. 

27 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I really don't like the disrespectful  'pub team' chat. 

Who are we to mock other teams after exiting both cups to lower league opposition. 

Of course HS needs games, we could offer a short term loan with him coming back to us for the second half of the season. 

Hopefully we could give him some game time then. 

38 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You are a cheerful bugger - waiting on a bench until Craig Gordon gets stretchered off.  That's a fantastic football education for an up and coming player.

I would have thought that playing for Albion will give him more shot stopping experience than he'll get sitting on any bench.  Grow up.

Niemi’s gloves
11 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

I forgot Doyle’s still here.  :vrface:

I’m not a great fan of Colin Doyle but he has  continued to hold the No 1 slot at Kilmarnock (where he’s on loan) even though their nominally first choice keeper, Danny Rogers, has been back available for the last couple of months. If it comes down to a back up keeper for next season while Harry S goes out on loan again, it’s not obvious that Ross Stewart is a better bet than Colin. 

3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

I’m not a great fan of Colin Doyle but he has  continued to hold the No 1 slot at Kilmarnock (where he’s on loan) even though their nominally first choice keeper, Danny Rogers, has been back available for the last couple of months. If it comes down to a back up keeper for next season while Harry S goes out on loan again, it’s not obvious that Ross Stewart is a better bet than Colin. 

If memory serves me right i don't think the Doyle family are very fond of Hearts

StirlingJambo

If this boys as good as everyone is saying then hearts need to get this next contract spot on and not let the 2 years he has dwindle down.

If he is challenging Gordon give him a decent extension so we can make some decent cash down the line. None of this he’s young so not worth getting same as the journeyman that hearts seem to have been doing over the years.

I seen a fair few fans and journalists talking him up on Twitter. Sounds promising. As a keeper though you have to be patient it's probably the most difficult position to break into. 

I would like us to give him the league Cup games at the start of next season to see how he would handle the step up into the first team. 

Edited by Bluesy1874
Spelling error

15 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Me too 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
19 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

I'd offer him an extra year in hisbdeal. Then have him make his debut in the league cup group stages next year, I assume we'll get drawn against someone of league 1/2 standard (thinking about it, I bet we get Brora). Then a season long loan in League 1 or the championship. Somewhere he'll play 30-40 games.

If he goes on loan next season I'd like to think we would be able to sign him to a new deal at during the year if he impresses. Who knows with the power young players agents seem to have nowadays.

It’s another example of why the loss of the reserve league is so tragic. If there was a proper reserve league playing midweek games players like Harry could be playing 90 minutes a week while also getting the chance to be on the bench for the 1st team and getting experience of being in and around the main squad. It also has the bonus that players don’t get rushed back from injury too soon.