Semi Final v Celtic - 9 years ago the day

Mars plastic

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Stampie's red at Easter Road was a gem to receive.

Oh to have that GIRUY attitude back again, it would e a joy to behold 😀

Nelly Terraces
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I never even knew he got sent off till about a year later.

:lol: Yeah,don't think anyone realised till the next day at the earliest. 

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Yep. 

When that equaliser went in I'd imagine even the most optimistic of jambos thought it was curtains. 

The elation when Beattie scored the pen and the final whistle went soon after was unreal. 

Yeah mate, not a single one of us there didn't think "Awww F ** K here we go again" when they equalised.

I was literally on my knees at the end of game praying for the ref to blow the whistle. Extraordinary scenes. Some utterly magnificent GIRFUY to the plastic Irish kants on their buses on the way back as well. Pretty much in my top 3 Hearts games of all time (been going since 1976).:thumbsup:

One of the best days ever. Doing to them what they normally do to us. Was covered from head to toe in bruises! Was orth every last one of them! A day never to be forgotten. To quote Mr Busby: “What a beautiful day to be a jambo “ 

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Yeah mate, not a single one of us there didn't think "Awww F ** K here we go again" when they equalised.

I was literally on my knees at the end of game praying for the ref to blow the whistle. Extraordinary scenes. Some utterly magnificent GIRFUY to the plastic Irish kants on their buses on the way back as well. Pretty much in my top 3 Hearts games of all time (been going since 1976).:thumbsup:

Just amazing. That game and the final were the greatest ever for me (so far). In terms of pure joy that semi maybe even just edges the final. That was just relief more than anything else!

Jambo Radus

Just got a reminder pic on Facebook of my lovely but sadly late dog with a Hearts scarf on, seem to recall impromptu BBQ and loads of drink. Memorable day!!

Smoked-Glass

Was in diggers and was a great atmosphere.  Remember thinking at full time it's an Edinburgh Derby final... 😳😳😳.  Then remembered we always pump them in big games 😃😃😃

It's understandable that a lot of retrospective focus is on their equaliser and our winner.  My recurring memory of that game however was the opening goal.

It was spectacular and was scored by a fellow called Skacel.  Doubt if many of you will remember him as he made very little impact but he was quite good.

I reckon a place could be found for him in our current side.

AC Mallin_51

Something I think that goes unmentioned that I quite loved is that I’m sure we had around 6 key players who were a booking away from being suspended from the final, Skacel was 100% one of them. I remember just accepting if we are going to pull this off that we are going to lose some good players for the final vs the scum. We never lost one 😂

Robbo-Jambo
6 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Something I think that goes unmentioned that I quite loved is that I’m sure we had around 6 key players who were a booking away from being suspended from the final, Skacel was 100% one of them. I remember just accepting if we are going to pull this off that we are going to lose some good players for the final vs the scum. We never lost one 😂

Half of them were probably tempted to chase Beattie after his penalty but they knew that might bring a booking. 

Good restraint from these guys 😁

jimmy the jambo

I remember having a flat tyre in the morning before I left the house,I swear I could’ve got a job with an F1 team if they seen me do a tyre change. 

Why was Lenny going nuts at the end of the game,Is a double hand ball not enough to get a penalty? 

AC Mallin_51
20 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Half of them were probably tempted to chase Beattie after his penalty but they knew that might bring a booking. 

You can actually see Darren Barr chasing Beattie and then just having to come to a halt 😂

Robbo-Jambo
Just now, AC Mallin_51 said:

You can actually see Darren Barr chasing Beattie and then just having to come to a halt 😂

Aye that's right, he slammed on the brakes just in time 😅

Forza Cuore

We were right behind the goal and I somehow managed to keep my hands still to catch this before the mayhem.

Absolute scenes, lost my 11 year old laddie in the aftermath 🤣

IMG_20210415_145620_422.jpg

Edited by Forza Cuore

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

They were sitting just behind us so we got a photo. Who were they I wonder? 😜

45D250BC-AED4-4025-8422-BDE2133AE663.jpeg

Ha ha ha brilliant

8 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Yep. 

When that equaliser went in I'd imagine even the most optimistic of jambos thought it was curtains. 

The elation when Beattie scored the pen and the final whistle went soon after was unreal. 

Funny thing was, the reaction of the Hearts crowd, who had been getting quieter and quieter the longer the game went on, was to get incredibly loud all of a sudden and roar the team forward.

What a day. From the moment Rudi scored the first, you knew something was on. I’ve never seen him celebrate as wildly as he did that goal.

And yes. Better than the final.

Edited by leginten

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

It's understandable that a lot of retrospective focus is on their equaliser and our winner.  My recurring memory of that game however was the opening goal.

It was spectacular and was scored by a fellow called Skacel.  Doubt if many of you will remember him as he made very little impact but he was quite good.

I reckon a place could be found for him in our current side.

Absolutely. For me, that was the truly great moment.

2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Aye that's right, he slammed on the brakes just in time 😅

he realised he was a booking away from missing the final and if he had we would have missed

7096160.jpg

Rocky jamboa
1 hour ago, Forza Cuore said:

We were right behind the goal and I somehow managed to keep my hands still to catch this before the mayhem.

That's a great pic 👌

2 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

Great photo ! Best angle I've seen of that goal! Thanks for sharing.

WoolfordsHearts

I've only one mug left 😫

In my top 3 games watching Hearts,lucky to be alive to see it after the journey through but that's another story.

Happy Craig Beattie day🇱🇻

Screenshot_20210415-204317_Photos.jpg

Nelly Terraces
4 hours ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Just amazing. That game and the final were the greatest ever for me (so far). In terms of pure joy that semi maybe even just edges the final. That was just relief more than anything else!

Yeah mate, think obviously the fact we were massive underdogs (and lets face it, who really thought we'd win, it's always more hope than expectation versus those those horrible kants),and the siege mentality at the game of being outnumbered support wise made it a better day than the final, if you can call doing the vermin mugs 5-1 in a final being second to anything.Thing with that game for me was I was honestly 100% confident we'd win it, though the wining margin was greatly pleasing.

Would literally kill for days like that again. 

maroonsgotop

found this on youtube which I thought this summed it up perfectly. After we scored there were still about 4 minutes of additional time played all shown here together with the agonies and then celebrations of the fans. Some great clips. The video kicks in after about 2 minutes. Enjoy

Robbo-Jambo
18 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

found this on youtube which I thought this summed it up perfectly. After we scored there were still about 4 minutes of additional time played all shown here together with the agonies and then celebrations of the fans. Some great clips. The video kicks in after about 2 minutes. Enjoy

Cracking video 👍

Still makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. 

millerjames398
9 hours ago, RalphieCifaretto said:

Easily in the top three Hearts games I've ever been at. Celtics late equaliser...the feeling of inevitability of them then going onto win it...only for us to go on a win it with a late penalty. Then the Webster penalty shout (never a pen btw). 

Some of the most mental celebrations I've been involved in. Could see me in the Daily Record the next day making a beeline down the stairs celebrating Beattie's pen. 

When they equlaized, i turned to my mate and said "we've seen this movie before"...how wrong i was😆🇱🇻

maroonsgotop
5 hours ago, Baxfee said:

I’m sure I’ve seen the goal filmed from the Celtic end - think someone posted it on JKB a few years ago. It was cracking 

try this

The Goalscoring Knee

Up there with one of the best Hearts games I've been to. Joyous bedlam at the end.

Remember telling my son on the long happy drive home that the chances of Hearts being awarded a penalty in the dying minutes in Glasgow against Celtic in a cup semi were virtually non-existent and to make the most of it.

As previously posted, I went to bed with a feeling of great trepidation that we were going to lose.  At the last minute before nodding off however I remembered that Rudi Skacel played for us, not them.

Joy unconfined in the morning.  When I saw Rudi's goal on the news I actually burst into tears of joy.  Had downed 3 Heinekins before the wife got up.

7 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The scars on my shins will never disappear from taking a tumble over the seats in the chaos when that went in that evening. Yet another top visit to the shitehole.:thumbsup:

Was about to say I had bruises that lasted for weeks from the goal celebrations. :lol:  Wild scenes. 

Das Viertel Hearts
10 hours ago, jamboozy said:

Remember walking out with my son and we were chuckling at some wee Hearts urchins singing “where’s yer treble gone” ?to the tune of middle of the roads old hit at some rough looking Celtic fans walking by, the look on the mhanks faces was priceless 😂😂

Brilliant I love that tune and can see how that would have really hurt !!!   

One of many great days at Hampden the incredible feeling sitting watching the penalty unfurl and think Celtic goal was touch offside.   Have some lovely pictures of me and my brother and sons in the south stand letting it all sink in sheer joy on their faces!!  Would agree with others above this was the game that was much much better and delicious than the final!!! !!! 

McGlynn The Money
4 hours ago, jimmy the jambo said:

I remember having a flat tyre in the morning before I left the house,I swear I could’ve got a job with an F1 team if they seen me do a tyre change. 

Why was Lenny going nuts at the end of the game,Is a double hand ball not enough to get a penalty? 

That and he wanted a penalty for the ball hitting Andy Webster's hip. Bitter, deluded, classless little prick.

Probably the most amazing roller coaster of a semi final Ive witnessed since my first one back in 76 , Unbelievable atmosphere this day, the support was really up for it.hardcore 12000 or so.

Paulo stood composed arms folded the whole game whilst the ginger one snarled, gnarled and fought with anything and everything not going his way, no change there. 

1 hour ago, Das Viertel Hearts said:

Brilliant I love that tune and can see how that would have really hurt !!!   

One of many great days at Hampden the incredible feeling sitting watching the penalty unfurl and think Celtic goal was touch offside.   Have some lovely pictures of me and my brother and sons in the south stand letting it all sink in sheer joy on their faces!!  Would agree with others above this was the game that was much much better and delicious than the final!!! !!! 

Probably, what was maybe at the back of everyone’s minds was, ‘yeah, Celtic, there’s always a contentious decision and they will win’ well there was a contentious decision and we still bounced back and won!

Better than the final. Beattie's penalty is probably my favourite moment at a Hearts match. After Celtic equalised, I said we wouldn't even make it to extra time as they'd score a winner. The emotional rollercoaster that day was incredible. I could barely speak on the way out of Hampden.

Loved that day, Best match I've ever attended hands down, my mums partner (a celtic fan) said before i left for hampden that he hoped i had a miserable afternoon, well when i got back he wasn't a very happy bunny to say the least.

It was an incredible day and that first goal by The legend is probably one of the most mental celebrations I have ever had in my life, absolute pandemonium from the 15k hearts fans that went that day, the winner from beattie was just relief and pure joy, I seen old guys with tears in their eyes, it was brilliant. The best part was that celtic should have pumped us in the first half, they hit the post twice and again in the second half, the other thing that i loved was lennon going ballistic at full time an absolute joy to see.

Forever Hearts
3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Loved that day, Best match I've ever attended hands down, my mums partner (a celtic fan) said before i left for hampden that he hoped i had a miserable afternoon, well when i got back he wasn't a very happy bunny to say the least.

It was an incredible day and that first goal by The legend is probably one of the most mental celebrations I have ever had in my life, absolute pandemonium from the 15k hearts fans that went that day, the winner from beattie was just relief and pure joy, I seen old guys with tears in their eyes, it was brilliant. The best part was that celtic should have pumped us in the first half, they hit the post twice and again in the second half, the other thing that i loved was lennon going ballistic at full time an absolute joy to see.

15k? I think you're being very generous there. I'd have it closer to 10k. 

4 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Facts are irritating.  I'd put it closer to 20,000 and I should know because I wasn't there.  I'm big on Quanon though and I feel things.

Forever Hearts
2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Facts are irritating.  I'd put it closer to 20,000 and I should know because I wasn't there.  I'm big on Quanon though and I feel things.

Night night.  

Undoubtedly the best Hearts game I've been to in terms of all the emotions that you get from football. The sheer joy of what we'd just witnessed added to the fact the final was against Hibs, who had hardly laid a glove on us all season,  was almost too much to take in. From memory we didn't sell the full allocation, but what a reward for those that were there.

:rudiyas:

3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Who cares

plastic_bas

My favourite Hearts moment. I'd never dared dream of an Edinburgh derby final and instinctively, I knew the cup was ours already.

My dad was recovering from an operation and we had to move seats due to folk standing in our section. We ended up in the disability seats high up on the concourse. When the penalty goes in, I'm like Beattie's spirit animal, charging about the empty concourse in a reverie. I didn't actually see Beattie's celebration until I got home. Whilst I love standing shoulder to shoulder with my fellow Jambos, I wish I had acres of space to celebrate all of our great goals.