I’m awa for a pint.

Angel eyes

Is that statement still a thing? Forget the last year and lockdowns, coronavirus and like and the madness that will prevail in a couple weeks time if englandshire is anything to go by but prior to that did you “go for a pint” not including football where that could be part of the routine on match day but a Friday night Saturday night thing either on your own with the wife or your mates or do you grow out of it and replace it with a bottle red and crap tv at home.

Greedy Jambo

I'm a pubs worst nightmare. 

I'd far rather get a cheap carryout from a local shop and fire round to a mates house for tunes and terrible banter. 

Fiver for a drink in town, the company isn't that good!

Both the pubs near my house in D Mains are very much the type that people just pop in for a pint as a normal routine sort of thing. I used to be the sort of person that enjoyed a pint after work but not sure if I can get back into that again. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I was still going out quite regularly but preferred afternoon pints more as the years went by, other than the occasional bender with mates. 

Still nipped out to watch a match with pals or even on my own with a Sunday paper. Bliss. Two hours away from the kids😀

I’ll definitely go back to it but it does depend on how much hassle it is in terms of masks on to the bog, booking in for a time slot etc. 

If it’s too much hassle I’ll be much happier having a beer in the garden or visiting pals, especially over the summer months. 

Prefer the afternoons as well.

Nights are a thing of the past for me unless it’s a special family event.

I Used to head up on a Friday after work to the Scottish Engineer then stop by the Village Hotel for 1 before staggering up the road. Got the dog now was planning on walking down to Toby Carvery at Silverknowes when they re open for a pint but the dog won’t sit still she will be all over the place 😂

been here before

Cant beat an ad-hoc pint. Summers day out for a stroll and you pass a pub with the doors wide open. That old pub smell of beer and fag smoke  on a hot day I used to find irresistable.

Always reminded me of Ryries and the Artisan on London Road.

51 minutes ago, been here before said:

Cant beat an ad-hoc pint. Summers day out for a stroll and you pass a pub with the doors wide open. That old pub smell of beer and fag smoke  on a hot day I used to find irresistable.

Always reminded me of Ryries and the Artisan on London Road.

All you can smell now is flavoured vapes and watch everyone drink Gin 😂 I know what you mean tho with the pub smell I can literally smell it now 😂

Dennis Reynolds

Getting off the bus and heading for a pint after work on the way home was a weekly thing for me years ago. Not the same now I'm driving home. Few times last year I ended up at the pub in the afternoon with my laptop working. Started off on the coffee before moving onto the pints. Amazingly productive when lager is involved. 

More of a weekend drinker than during the week though. Looking forward to spending a Saturday night in the local with a big group of friends.

8 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

Is that statement still a thing? Forget the last year and lockdowns, coronavirus and like and the madness that will prevail in a couple weeks time if englandshire is anything to go by but prior to that did you “go for a pint” not including football where that could be part of the routine on match day but a Friday night Saturday night thing either on your own with the wife or your mates or do you grow out of it and replace it with a bottle red and crap tv at home.

Why is football exempt? There are plenty other things in life that are part of someone's "routine" 

I used to go for a pint on a Monday (Darts), Thursday (Pool), Friday straight after work until Sunday. I will go for a pint when the Pubs and restaurants open again. 

Most plurals in Scotland are  usually referred to by the singular, for instance 5 year or 10 pound.

14 pints equals a pint, a jar, a bevvy. 

Edited by ri Alban

JudyJudyJudy

ive never been one to have a drink after work. I cant abide hangovers if working the next day. Thats just a no no.   and when I go to the pub im there for the night. Its that simple. I can never just go for the one. It just doesnt compute with me.  I therefore only go out at weekends . Usually in evening and thats us out all night. Pissed and home usually around 2/3 am and sometimes the party continues depending on the state of us. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

I used to like just going out for a pint or 2 but after a third and all the troops were out out I was out out till pub shut, if I just only went out and ended out out it was like a Brucie bonus night, nowadays it's just a night in or In in 

Yup. In fact, pre-lockdown, I used to seldom drink at home at all. 

Payday Friday up the town with mates straight from work. Couple of pints pre-match on a Saturday and quite often out of a Sunday with the lads from my Sunday league team.

Midweek pints weren't always the done thing, but me and my girlfriend would occasionally go for a meal with a couple of pints after.

I do miss a wee pint in town after work from time to time. Didn't happen all that often, but if I just had one of those days in the office then I loved nothing more than sitting down (outside preferably, especially in autumn/winter) to a cold pint, putting the earphones in, and just taking half an hour to myself.

"Going for a pint" stopped for me 3 or 4 years ago, it wasn't a conscious decision it just seems to have happened. Still plenty of opportunities to go to the pub just not on it's own.