Russia

Cruyff

47 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

No coincidence that agent Sturgeon is trying to destroy the United Kingdom of Great Britain either :greggy:

:yas:

The occupation of Scotland is almost over. So no luck agent. 

Jeffros Furios
8 hours ago, JackLadd said:

You really are quite stupid aren't you. Why do you think Putin and his intelligence services were keen on Salmond?

:conspiracy:

11 hours ago, His name is said:

Did you know that Salisbury Cathedral has a 123m spire, famous worldwide, apparently

I wasn't aware of that, thanks for the heads up.

I'll be sure to visit the cathedral the next time I'm in Salisbury p̶o̶i̶s̶o̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶ ̶d̶o̶u̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶̶a̶g̶e̶n̶t̶ on holiday. 

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

:conspiracy:

Was Salmond on the payroll of Putin's state broadcaster? Yes. Now ask why he got the gig. Connect the dots.

Jeffros Furios
3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Was Salmond on the payroll of Putin's state broadcaster? Yes. Now ask why he got the gig. Connect the dots.

Have a :cornette:

Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

Thats terrible , do you think Salmond gave the Ivans the nuclear codes ?

He's a paid asset because Putin likes a weaker divided Britain. Capiche?

Jeffros Furios
13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

He's a paid asset because Putin likes a weaker divided Britain. Capiche?

Maybe Salmond was the Salisbury agents  handler ? 

• 8 months later...

Invasion a dead cert.

Just a matter of how far they'll go. Land bridge between the Crimea and Russia proper?

Or all of the Donbas?

Or even everything east of the Dnieper?

Will Belarus let them invade Ukraine from the north from its territory? (yes)

UN and NATO won't do shite all but impose sanctions.

Putin will turn off the gas taps and Europe will freeze.

Russia knows its crazy demands will never be met.

It's all just a matter of when the fighting starts.

He truly is a nasty, evil piece of work. I can see him invading the Russian speaking bits of Ukraine in the East and North and absorbing them into Russia. The Western bits are much more Westward looking and in time, once Putin is long gone (He’s 70 this year), the Ukrainian speaking part of the country will seek EU, NATO membership and proper democracy. But unfortunately lots of violence and bloodshed of innocents between now and then.

He’s a bitter, delusional old bar steward, desperate to be relevant and yearning for the olden days of the Soviet Union which will never return. He’s also thinking of his legacy and image with his public. 

Malinga the Swinga
10 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

He truly is a nasty, evil piece of work. I can see him invading the Russian speaking bits of Ukraine in the East and North and absorbing them into Russia. The Western bits are much more Westward looking and in time, once Putin is long gone (He’s 70 this year), the Ukrainian speaking part of the country will seek EU, NATO membership and proper democracy. But unfortunately lots of violence and bloodshed of innocents between now and then.

He’s a bitter, delusional old bar steward, desperate to be relevant and yearning for the olden days of the Soviet Union which will never return. He’s also thinking of his legacy and image with his public. 

Maybe we will get bye into world cup if Ukraine ceases to exist.

On a serious point, Russia will invade under excuse of Russian speaking Ukrainians requesting help, and then that will be that.

West will kick up fuss, stock some sanctions in place but that will be limit.

Putin might be an evil man, but he is clever, ambitious and utterly ruthless, which is a dangerous combination.

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s quite worrying among other things that are happening in Europe. Lots of very radical Serbian nationalism on the rise again as well. 

They needed to be put down far harder after Balkan conflict but rest of Europe failed Bosnia, Croatia and Kosovo.

Even now, they don't accept they were in wrong with their behaviour.

Jeffros Furios
25 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s quite worrying among other things that are happening in Europe. Lots of very radical Serbian nationalism on the rise again as well. 

Republic Srpska distancing itself ever further from Bosnia , they recently  ordered 1000s of weapons from Russia 

Serb part of Northern Kosovo had the Kosovan military patrolling whilst Belgrade sent down tanks ! 

Putin again helping his Orthodox brothers unsettle the region , what a mess .

52 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Bosnia is on the verge of breaking apart.

The "temporary" multi party semi autonomous political landscape thrown together as part of the peace process was never changed.

Different bits of the army are controlled by different bits of the government, and now we have the Bosnian Serb devolved parliament stating it's going to take control of all armed forces in its region, which would pretty much mean a unilateral declaration of independence from the rest of Bosnia.

Jambo_jim2001

Pay back for the Cuban missile crisis?,NATO no doing similar to them.suits pick the fights and poor folk like us fight and die in them.war usually kick starts the economy.

Robbies right hand man

I know this is going to be a controversial statement, so please excuse me.

The truth is that much of Ukraine, as well as many former soviet states, are in favour of a union again.

The west, especially NATO, are really not in a position to criticise any other country for aggressive acts.

It’s very hard to distinguish who we are in terms of preaching non aggression when we’ve been expanding and threading the east constantly.

Russia does not want a war any more than we do. It does however, have a right to protect its sovereignty.

11 hours ago, Robbies right hand man said:

The truth is that much of Ukraine, as well as many former soviet states, are in favour of a union again.

The west, especially NATO, are really not in a position to criticise any other country for aggressive acts.

It’s very hard to distinguish who we are in terms of preaching non aggression when we’ve been expanding and threading the east constantly.

Russia does not want a war any more than we do. It does however, have a right to protect its sovereignty.

Not controversial as far as i can see. I didn't know that Ukraine was in favour of reunification though i was aware they didn't want to break away from the Soviet Union in the first place. 

Ukraine is really a creation of the Soviet union anyway as far as i understand things and the Crimea and the Donbass have never been ethnically Ukrainian.

Ukrainians may be coming to realise that they are being taken for mugs by Nato, the USA and the Biden family.

The idea that the Russians would need a false flag to legitimise an invasion is laughable.

12 hours ago, Robbies right hand man said:

Really?

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/03/06/regional-polls-show-few-ukrainians-russians-want-a-united-single-state/

Go Russia. Some ***** who does take any shite fae America and it's wee prick mate GB. 

America and it's wee prick mate are those shouty ***** who pish their pants when you stand up ask them outside.

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Go Russia. Some ***** who does take any shite fae America and it's wee prick mate GB. 

America and it's wee prick mate are those shouty ***** who pish their pants when you stand up ask them outside.

:muggy:

It seems to be that a lot of history is being repeated ,hard lessons learnt have been forgotten it seems , the balkans , appeasement, etc 

Germany and France are blocking the opening of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline.

It's been built but isn't shipping gas yet.

UK prefers to profit from selling weapons and actually inflaming military tensions, so par for the course there.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Germany and France are blocking the opening of the Nord Stream 2 pipeline.

It's been built but isn't shipping gas yet.

UK prefers to profit from selling weapons and actually inflaming military tensions, so par for the course there.

I thought it was the US threatening sanctions on any European/US company that takes part in it rather than the countries themselves blocking it? Or am I making that up?

On 14/01/2022 at 18:04, Robbies right hand man said:

With all respect to your opinion the major entities Russia, America, China, have been preparing and threatening for years. At some point one of them such as in this particular action is going to become irreversible and hostilities  will commence until one of them has to use one of these weapons of mass destruction. Its human nature just like the guy who has a rep a a hard man and pulls his act in the wrong crowd and is challenged and has to fight, not as good as he thought and ends up having to use a weapon. Man just has a problem with being called out as a phoney.

Robbies right hand man
5 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

With all respect to your opinion the major entities Russia, America, China, have been preparing and threatening for years. At some point one of them such as in this particular action is going to become irreversible and hostilities  will commence until one of them has to use one of these weapons of mass destruction. Its human nature just like the guy who has a rep a a hard man and pulls his act in the wrong crowd and is challenged and has to fight, not as good as he thought and ends up having to use a weapon. Man just has a problem with being called out as a phoney.

No, Bob, I agree with you.

I think I had written that Russia doesn’t want war any more than the west. 

I just don’t believe the west has any right to take a stance against unwarranted aggression against others.

Edited by Robbies right hand man

19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

:interehjrling:

Why would the Russians bother sending 6 landing ships all the way from the Baltic ports right round to the Black Sea, when they already have around double that in the Black Sea Fleet already?

Also:

53121361-10417951-image-a-167_1642606759

I thought they would actually pop right around Africa and back up through the Suez.  That'll really cause some confusion as opposed to what is literally the only viable route for them, short of the Russian Navy popping along the Danube for a nice cruise  :lol:  

13 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Why would the Russians bother sending 6 landing ships all the way from the Baltic ports right round to the Black Sea, when they already have around double that in the Black Sea Fleet already?

Also:

I thought they would actually pop right around Africa and back up through the Suez.  That'll really cause some confusion as opposed to what is literally the only viable route for them, short of the Russian Navy popping along the Danube for a nice cruise  :lol:  

Nae idea. Perhaps they don't have landing ships in the black sea. Bit of mind games perhaps. The Ukrainians are surrounded on three sides and won't know where to locate their defences or where they'll begin their offensive.

20 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Also:

I will tell you. Flexing their muscles.

Sailing past the coasts of almost all NATO Navies with the exception of the USA.  There is a NATO force present in the North Atlantic known as STANNAV FORLANT(Standing Naval Force Atlantic), Consisting of Naval Warships from the USA, Canada, UK, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands, France, Portugal, and Spain. Also the USA has its Sixth Fleet based in the Mediterranean, so the yanks and Ruskies will cat and mouse with each other in the Med. Of course to gain access to the Black Sea you sail through the Bosphorus River which has Instanbul on its banks, Turkey are also Nato members, along with the Greeks.

It is all sabre rattling from both sides.

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Bit of mind games perhaps. 

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Flexing their muscles.

It's exactly what it is.  They have a significant force already in the Black Sea, but they're doing this because they can and because it is impossible to miss them doing it.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Trump would have caved into any demands Putin had by now. 

Absolutely this. Russian banks pretty much own Trump. Thank feck he's no longer in office. Though very worryingly, he's the favourite to win next time.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

t is all sabre rattling from both sides.

Hopefully we didnt go through shit of the last couple years to be nuked. :( 

Maybe we shouldn’t have sent merchant ships to Murmansk, after all , during WW2 to help the Russians. You’d think it’d be a friendship for life :sad3:

4 hours ago, tian447 said:

It's exactly what it is.  They have a significant force already in the Black Sea, but they're doing this because they can and because it is impossible to miss them doing it.

I think Putin is going to do it and the US & Europe will do **** all. Ukraine will surrender within a month. It'll be Blitzkrieg stuff. 

On 18/01/2022 at 15:31, Robbies right hand man said:

I just don’t believe the west has any right to take a stance against unwarranted aggression against others.

There are some things it's absolutely vital to at a bare minimum take a stance. Like Chamberlain taking a stance when Hitler was taking chunks of Europe here and there. Then later the stance evolved to a line in the sand, Poland.

It makes sense to do anything we can to prevent it reaching a point like that. Ukraine isn't comparable to Hitler's attack on Poland. But it might be considered in the same ball park as a Czechoslovakia moment.

Putin is absolutely ruthless, he's not Hitler but he would do anything to achieve his goals. One peculiar thing about this to my mind. Why wait till Trump is gone to pull this shit?

Presumably because Trump USA and Putin were best buddies, even Putin can't do that to a bestie. Just wait and do it to the next guy. Even if he doesn't actually invade, he is creating a major incident.

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I think Putin is going to do it and the US & Europe will do **** all. Ukraine will surrender within a month. It'll be Blitzkrieg stuff. 

I think if they do it the Ukrainians will put up a terrific battle before succumbing. This wont be like sweeping aside an Iraqi army, the battle will be massively costly to Russia. And the longer it goes on the more likely there will be some further Western response.

Even if Ukraine did succumb it's likely it would then evolve into a guerilla war in which the West would supply the guerillas.

The main problem we have is that after Afghanistan and especially Iraq, The West has lost all moral authority when it come to "don't invade other nations for no reason".

Ukraine is a special case. During the revolution in 2014, the EU was openly supporting the anti-government groups and we saw staff from the US embassy on the streets urging them onwards. John McCain even flew in to make speeches! :vrface: That idiocy has come back to bite Ukraine and The West right on the erkie. Russia sees the events of 2014 as an illegal coup. And possibly with some justification. The deposed President was a Russian puppet, and no mistake. But the EU and USA acting in such a blatant and obviously biased manner was the totally wrong way to handle the affair.

Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine are the only remaining "buffer states" between the EU and Russia. Belarus is firmly in the Russia camp. Ukraine is heavily leaning to the EU. Moldova is split right down the middle on the issue (and risks breaking up).

Since 1991, Russia has been expanding and so has the EU. A kind of silent and unacknowledged Cold War was been on since the break up of the USSR.

The EU expands by diplomatic measures.

Russia expands through military measures.

North-west Georgia is now Russia, Crimea is now Russia, Belarus is a puppet state, only last week we saw Russia crushing a revolt in Kazakhstan.

All that remains to be seen is if we see a long and drawn out guerrilla war or a Georgia-style blitzkrieg and then how much of Ukraine ends up being formally Russia.

16 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Absolutely this. Russian banks pretty much own Trump. Thank feck he's no longer in office. Though very worryingly, he's the favourite to win next time.

Trump claimed he had no dealings in Russia iirc. The idea that he was owned by Russian banks seems xrazy to me. Do you have any evidence to support your claim?

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I think if they do it the Ukrainians will put up a terrific battle before succumbing. This wont be like sweeping aside an Iraqi army, the battle will be massively costly to Russia. And the longer it goes on the more likely there will be some further Western response.

Even if Ukraine did succumb it's likely it would then evolve into a guerilla war in which the West would supply the guerillas.

Not the slightest chance. No matter how well the west arms them and how much we fire them up they will likely have surrendered before we know it's started. They are being played by US and UK and most of them know it.

32 minutes ago, Cade said:

The main problem we have is that after Afghanistan and especially Iraq, The West has lost all moral authority when it come to "don't invade other nations for no reason".

Ukraine is a special case. During the revolution in 2014, the EU was openly supporting the anti-government groups and we saw staff from the US embassy on the streets urging them onwards. John McCain even flew in to make speeches! :vrface: That idiocy has come back to bite Ukraine and The West right on the erkie. Russia sees the events of 2014 as an illegal coup. And possibly with some justification. The deposed President was a Russian puppet, and no mistake. But the EU and USA acting in such a blatant and obviously biased manner was the totally wrong way to handle the affair.

Belarus, Moldova and Ukraine are the only remaining "buffer states" between the EU and Russia. Belarus is firmly in the Russia camp. Ukraine is heavily leaning to the EU. Moldova is split right down the middle on the issue (and risks breaking up).

Since 1991, Russia has been expanding and so has the EU. A kind of silent and unacknowledged Cold War was been on since the break up of the USSR.

The EU expands by diplomatic measures.

Russia expands through military measures.

North-west Georgia is now Russia, Crimea is now Russia, Belarus is a puppet state, only last week we saw Russia crushing a revolt in Kazakhstan.

All that remains to be seen is if we see a long and drawn out guerrilla war or a Georgia-style blitzkrieg and then how much of Ukraine ends up being formally Russia.

How did Russia crush this revolt in Kazakhstan?

What is the significance of a buffer state between the EU and Russia. Russia borders many EU states and part of it is surrounded by another. Isn't it greater European co-operation that wories the USA and is that not why they are so relentless in their anti-Russian propaganda?

Is it not the case that everywhere that Russia militarily expanded into has been in a place with a majority ethnic Russian population who have expressed a desire to remain in Russia and have been discriminated against because of their ethnicity? Is it not also true that civilian targets in ethnic Russian areas are shelled daily by Ukrainian forces?

Was the previous president not elected democratically and was he not removed by a coup ochestrated by the USA. 

Does the Biden family not have significant interest in maintaining the current Ukrainian regime? Do you think the current regime are puppets of the west?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-26079957 

I've been waiting for the Russians to kill us all for years. The west on the other hand has killed millions and destroyed the lives of tens of millions of others. They continue to do so. Russia just seems to protect it's own and it's allies. I'm with Trump on this, "wouldn't it be great if we could get along with Russia".