Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

Saint Jambo
6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry if I’ve missed it - but do we know if anybody is actually presenting the trophy or will any SPFL representative be in attendance?

For the League Cup final St Johnstone just collected it from a stand. No officials around. Guess it will be the same tomorrow. As a result, I'd guess all the senior folk in the SPFL will stay away.

Given they aren't needed for the trophy presentation, it would be another really stupid PR move by the club if they haven't agreed with the SPFL that their figurehead won't come through.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

1 hour ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I’m not talking about how crap we were in games prior to COVID. I mean after we were wrongly demoted.

”Hearts” tried the only way possible after the demotion. We got screwed.

Winning the Championship (no matter how wrong it was we were ever in it) was the next step to getting back up.

That part is now in the history books.

Hearts won the league per the schedule.

And you respond by totally ignoring the points I made "per the schedule". 

3 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

I genuinely am trying to be positive, but I’m not buying the “some of these players might never win another trophy” story.  If the pinnacle of their career ambitions is winning the Scottish Championship then I’d argue whether they are good enough to wear maroon.  

Good post, we are a cozy club where people make easy money while showing no ambition or guts for the fight.

8 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Good post, we are a cozy club where people make easy money while showing no ambition or guts for the fight.

Might as well have a sign on the door.

Much ado about nothing, if some of the players and back room staff want to lift the trophy let them, if they don't they don't. No thought required. 

JamboAndrew
39 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Much ado about nothing, if some of the players and back room staff want to lift the trophy let them, if they don't they don't. No thought required. 

This.

I've played a little football. If you rarely win anything then go and enjoy 5 mins of lifting something.

Who cares. Its not the champions league.

1 hour ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Genuinely think we should be looking for new PR staff, the PR put out from the club over that last couple of years seems to have drastically went downhill.

Yeah, I don't know wtf has been going on in the PR department but its been actually dreadful. 

Budges statements have been atrocious for the better part of 2/3 years. Genuine fans comment should have been caught before release. I do suspect Budge is a law unto herself though.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would hope the club have told the spl that Doncaster not welcome but no doubt our spineless board will roll out the red carpet for him 

Ditto totally.......

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I don't know wtf has been going on in the PR department but its been actually dreadful. 

Budges statements have been atrocious for the better part of 2/3 years. Genuine fans comment should have been caught before release. I do suspect Budge is a law unto herself though.

Is there no one there who can say “You might want to have a think about how that sounds”?

I get that Neilson is interviewed right after games and just blurts whatever excuse he can come up with but club statements must have some sort of quality control no?

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Is there no one there who can say “You might want to have a think about how that sounds”?

I get that Neilson is interviewed right after games and just blurts whatever excuse he can come up with but club statements must have some sort of quality control no?

Budge is the PR department.

There are no checks /balances at the club when it comes to her behaviour and she clearly doesn't give a toss what fans think.  

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Makes sense when you say it like that eh? Its absolutely baffling. Likewise this most recent statement trying to make stumbling over the finish line to win the Championship where there is no discernible challenger to be some kind of achievement. 

My favourite line is about the players doing the 'hard yards' - Like getting pumped out both cups by part time opposition? Embarrassing. 

If Ann, Robbie or any of the players are interviewed by press today they must stress a couple of things to not further worsen club, fan relationship, imo.

While delighted to win league we are also because it would have been a disaster not yo after our unfair voted demotion last season.

And again while happy winning league we recognise our end points accumulation is well behind where we really should have been.

Interviews from Monday should be about Robbie ending his second stint at Hearts.

Edited by DETTY29

gashauskis9
10 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

There’s much better players than are are Hearts now from every generation never won a medal.

How many medals does Robbo have? 
Im sure it’s less than he hoped. Nothing is guaranteed in football. No matter how good you personally are. It’s a team sport.

Appreciate what you’re saying, but I’m pretty sure Robbo wouldn’t give up the experience of having playing at the highest level most of his career (coming within 20 mins of winning the league) in exchange for a handful of second division winners medals.  

What would you rather tell your grandkids? That you played in some of the biggest Hearts games of all time in front of capacity crowds or that you won a championship winners medal in what was essentially an arse kicking contest where the opponent has one leg and a fat arse?

colinmorewasgash

Any fans going along to plaza to clap and cheer our wonderful achievement or boo and shout budge out neilson out today.

8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

It is the correct decision to go and lift the trophy. 

Agreed on that bit. 

That statement is a shocker though. 

Almost as if it's been a deliberate attempt to wind up people who have been criticising the club and management team. 

I hope when they lift the trophy a load of P45's drop out like confetti.

Oh and kudos to Geoff for bloviate 

Are we now accepting that lifting a trophy is more important than why they are lifting a trophy. Will we soon have players hoping to be relegated because they would almost certainly get to lift a trophy the following season. 

A lot of those players are the reason we are in the championship and they want recognition for winning it without little to no effort. 

I can understand if we did actually get relegated because of football over the whole season but we didn't. Just another middle finger to the fans while they pick up their wages. 

Let's not lose sight of the fact that there's 9 other clubs in our division who'd rather be in our position. And let's also not forget that in a classic case of shooting oneself in the foot - 8 of them voted to have us there. Self-interest in the hope of the maroon pound filling their away ends. Well **** the lot of them. And ditto to the arsehole teams in the Premiership who voted likewise.

We need last summer's anger back - if it ever made it to the changing room in the first place.

Let them celebrate the most difficult league in Scotland maybe even the world. 

The level of expectation under the Budge regime is shameful. I’ve never felt so disconnected to this club. 

44 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Agreed on that bit. 

That statement is a shocker though. 

Almost as if it's been a deliberate attempt to wind up people who have been criticising the club and management team. 

I got as far as...” notoriously, the most difficult league in Scotland to win promotion from...” before I burst out laughing and clicked off.

gashauskis9
15 minutes ago, Boab said:

I got as far as...” notoriously, the most difficult league in Scotland to win promotion from...” before I burst out laughing and clicked off.

Aye.  Recent times would suggest that the Highland and Lowland leagues are more difficult, given that winning it doesn’t guarantee promotion!

Such a notorious league :rofl: :rofl:  Whoever wrote that article is a total ****ing loser.

Can't wait to see our wonderful captain Naismith lift this magical trophy, whilst also collecting his weekly wage which is more than one of our 'rivals' entire first team squads wage.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Such a notorious league :rofl: :rofl:  Whoever wrote that article is a total ****ing loser.

Can't wait to see our wonderful captain Naismith lift this magical trophy, whilst also collecting his weekly wage which is more than one of our 'rivals' entire first team squads wage.

Probably the woman who was featured in the documentary.

Harry Potter
12 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Correct decision by the club. Its a very poor statement they've released though. 

Certainly got the ups and downs bit spot on, 

12 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would hope the club have told the spl that Doncaster not welcome but no doubt our spineless board will roll out the red carpet for him 

The spineless board that took them to court? 

Randy Marsh
41 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Probably the woman who was featured in the documentary.

The one that made the tea and scones? 

I'm more miffed that it will be Naisy lifting it as captain. He has had very little input this season and he hasn't been regularly on the pitch, when he has had minutes he has been disappointing.

Craig Gordon has had the armband for the majority of the season as Naisy spent most of the season on the bench. CG should be the one to lift it  and certainly would do so with more class and dignity than Naisy.  I've been disappointed to see CG be captain for the majority of games but when SN comes on for the last 10 minutes of the game he has taken the armband back from CG. His lack of time on the pitch is not a captains input. His performances have been short of a hearts player's expectancy never mind a captains.

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

The spineless board that took them to court? 

Tbh I don't think they had any other option, imagine what the fans response would have been if they didn't take them to court. 

1 hour ago, Boof said:

Let's not lose sight of the fact that there's 9 other clubs in our division who'd rather be in our position. And let's also not forget that in a classic case of shooting oneself in the foot - 8 of them voted to have us there. Self-interest in the hope of the maroon pound filling their away ends. Well **** the lot of them. And ditto to the arsehole teams in the Premiership who voted likewise.

We need last summer's anger back - if it ever made it to the changing room in the first place.

Great post.. With the exception of our visitors today , I have no respect for any of the teams in this league. Hopefully a few go bust.  

Jambos_1874
3 hours ago, Boof said:

Genuine question, do you think they specifically voted us down or was it not the case that they voted to end the season so they could get access to desperately needed cash? As much as I completely disagreed with/was disgusted by the decision, I do think that most clubs just wanted to get money in the bank, which is of course self interest, rather than it being a malicious act. They will have known that the consequence of their decision was that we would be relegated but probably considered it as less of a priority. Again, not saying it was right, but don't think there was ulterior motives against us. Maybe I'm just naive.

Anyway, think the club are doing the right thing in terms of lifting the trophy. I just want the league concluded, us promoted and getting back to regularly beating Hibs and competing for Europe.

Edited by Jambos_1874

This trophy is a symbol of the Levein era! This is the end result of the shambles under him and the years of waste!

2CB6E47A-53F5-40AC-9A46-173258C11464.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

This trophy is a symbol of the Levein era! This is the end result of the shambles under him and the years of waste!

:clap:

7 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Genuine question, do you think they specifically voted us down or was it not the case that they voted to end the season so they could get access to desperately needed cash? As much as I completely disagreed with/was disgusted by the decision, I do think that most clubs just wanted to get money in the bank, which is of course self interest, rather than it being a malicious act. They will have known that the consequence of their decision was that we would be relegated but probably considered it as less of a priority. Again, not saying it was right, but don't think there was ulterior motives against us. Maybe I'm just naive.

Anyway, think the club are doing the right thing in terms of lifting the trophy. I just want the league concluded, us promoted and getting back to regularly beating Hibs and competing for Europe.

Everything was done to ensure the TV deal for 20/21 was not put at risk. There was never any real consideration given to extending the season at any level (hence Doncaster going to great pains to get UEFA to sign off on the  June contracts issue). 

7 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Genuine answer.

I believe it certainly was a factor in the decision-making for some of the clubs who voted to end the season early. I think some clubs believed we'd have fans back in the grounds by October and were rubbing their hands at the prospect of thousands of Hearts fans filling away ends. Surely you recall the 'boycott' chat on here?

The so-called cash windfall was proven to be a bit of a red herring wasn't it? Hadn't most of it been paid by the time the vote happened?

Anyway - here's hoping we never have the opportunity to boycott any of those shitehouse grounds on league business again.

alwaysthereinspirit
4 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

Appreciate what you’re saying, but I’m pretty sure Robbo wouldn’t give up the experience of having playing at the highest level most of his career (coming within 20 mins of winning the league) in exchange for a handful of second division winners medals.  

What would you rather tell your grandkids? That you played in some of the biggest Hearts games of all time in front of capacity crowds or that you won a championship winners medal in what was essentially an arse kicking contest where the opponent has one leg and a fat arse?

I think my post was more aimed at your original point of stating that if the pinnacle of their career is to win the Scottish second division then they’re not good enough to wear the maroon. Most probably aren’t at the level we’ll now need but that doesn’t mean winning this makes them think they’ve reached the highest point they ever will in football. They probably all hope they’ll be lucky enough to win something again. Maybe something bigger. If you play in the top league in Scotland, unless you play with one of the two @$$ cheeks you’ll probably never win the league. That leaves two cups. Anything can happen in a knock out tournament. Luck of the draw. We all know what 98 meant to us only because of how long it had taken us to win it. There’s no guarantees in club football for any skill level. I just don’t think Hearts players today are thinking “yes I’ve made it”

They did what needed to be done and now for a good few it’s the end of the Hearts journey.

Sorry for the long winded reply.

Stay Safe.

Rocky jamboa
15 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

....and the Budge era!

Lift the trophy, don’t lift the trophy, couldn’t care less.

Difficult league, hard yards - dreadful stuff..

Brora will be my lasting memory of this shambles.

niblick1874

She should walk out to the trophy, place a picture of the below back page in front of the trophy, then walk away. 

Sunday Mail back page

1 hour ago, dazajmbo said:

I'm more miffed that it will be Naisy lifting it as captain. He has had very little input this season and he hasn't been regularly on the pitch, when he has had minutes he has been disappointing.

Craig Gordon has had the armband for the majority of the season as Naisy spent most of the season on the bench. CG should be the one to lift it  and certainly would do so with more class and dignity than Naisy.  I've been disappointed to see CG be captain for the majority of games but when SN comes on for the last 10 minutes of the game he has taken the armband back from CG. His lack of time on the pitch is not a captains input. His performances have been short of a hearts player's expectancy never mind a captains.

Let our youngest player pick it up on behalf of the team..........

5 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Any fans going along to plaza to clap and cheer our wonderful achievement or boo and shout budge out neilson out today.

Drove along Ferry Road earlier this morning and spotted a "Neilson Out, Budge Out" sign over the red bridge near the roundabout. It's just as well fans aren't in the stadium today as that's pretty mild to what it would be.

Edited by jambonian

11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Let our youngest player pick it up on behalf of the team..........

Naw, let Neilson pick it up....His finger prints are already all over this Diddy trophy!

Nookie Bear
21 minutes ago, niblick1874 said:

She should walk out to the trophy, place a picture of the below back page in front of the trophy, then walk away. 

Sunday Mail back page

To be fair that is a reason for us to ban  certain media from Tynie more than anything. 

gashauskis9
25 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

I think my post was more aimed at your original point of stating that if the pinnacle of their career is to win the Scottish second division then they’re not good enough to wear the maroon. Most probably aren’t at the level we’ll now need but that doesn’t mean winning this makes them think they’ve reached the highest point they ever will in football. They probably all hope they’ll be lucky enough to win something again. Maybe something bigger. If you play in the top league in Scotland, unless you play with one of the two @$$ cheeks you’ll probably never win the league. That leaves two cups. Anything can happen in a knock out tournament. Luck of the draw. We all know what 98 meant to us only because of how long it had taken us to win it. There’s no guarantees in club football for any skill level. I just don’t think Hearts players today are thinking “yes I’ve made it”

They did what needed to be done and now for a good few it’s the end of the Hearts journey.

Sorry for the long winded reply.

Stay Safe.

Good response chief 👍

I think they should pick it up. All the other clubs would be delighted to lift it so it would be seen in the media as disrespectful to those clubs. We've had too much negativity recently, not lifting it would add fuel to the fire.

No big bugle fanfare or anything, just pick the trophy up, take it into the dressing room, grab medals and get back into the dressing room for a beer. No eye contact, hand-shake or acknowledgement with any SPFL employee. Leave them standing there embarrassed looking like a spare prick at a wedding. That way we'll have done the minimal expected and can't be pulled up for it.

davemclaren
37 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Everything was done to ensure the TV deal for 20/21 was not put at risk. There was never any real consideration given to extending the season at any level (hence Doncaster going to great pains to get UEFA to sign off on the  June contracts issue). 

Indeed, we were just collateral damage for that objective. 

niblick1874
9 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Drove along Ferry Road earlier this morning and spotted a "Neilson Out, Budge Out" sign over the red bridge near the roundabout. It's just as well fans aren't in the stadium today as that's pretty mild to what it would be.

Looking a bit like a, honest guv I just stumbled across it type post if you ask me 😉

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )