Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

By the players as a chorus with harmonies?

A statement from FOH would do.

But given FOH's obsession with ceremonies maybe your idea would appeal to them.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

Hard to believe Dumbcaster gets paid more than the first minister and prime minister salaries put together.

We think we have some wage thieves.  

I think they'd get criticised for being churlish if they refuse to celebrate the trophy.

However, if I'm honest I'd like to see them all stand there lifting the trophy with those expressionless faces that people used to do for photos pre-WW2!

Captain Canada

Once we get our points deduction for no apparent reason, we'll have to hand the trophy back anyway so the players shouldn't bother. 

gashauskis9

I can’t believe we haven’t sorted this out yet.  More worried about disrespecting clubs that had us demoted than the views of fans pumping millions into the club through piss poor performances against shite. 

Likely to be more focus on this than tactics for beating ICT tomorrow.  

10 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

I can’t believe we haven’t sorted this out yet.  More worried about disrespecting clubs that had us demoted than the views of fans pumping millions into the club through piss poor performances against shite. 

To be honest I think it’s okay for the players to think about disrespecting other players. End of the day the players of other clubs played no part in the decision making last year. The fan in me wants them to boot the trophy done the tunnel but I can see where the players are coming from. 

According to Naismith the players are meeting today to discuss and 

“In all honesty, I don't know what's going to happen. The club are still talking about it,” he said. “I know they've been talking to the league and the different bodies. Personally, I can't emphasise enough that we are all in the same position in terms of the fact we shouldn't have been here.

Why on earth would we be discussing this with the league? 

I've changed my mind.  I want all the confetti and bubbly and we are the champions followed by hysterical dancing and cuddling.

I'll be doing most of that if I can be bothered.

9 hours ago, normando said:

Hard to believe Dumbcaster gets paid more than the first minister and prime minister salaries put together.

He even gets paid more than Joe biden

45 minutes ago, lou said:

According to Naismith the players are meeting today to discuss and 

“In all honesty, I don't know what's going to happen. The club are still talking about it,” he said. “I know they've been talking to the league and the different bodies. Personally, I can't emphasise enough that we are all in the same position in terms of the fact we shouldn't have been here.

Why on earth would we be discussing this with the league? 

Because if we decide we aren't going to accept it then they won't go to the bother of bringing it.

5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Because if we decide we aren't going to accept it then they won't go to the bother of bringing it.

Bother??? I haven't never joined in with the "club has turned soft"  mantra, but really??

Is that not defeating the purpose of the leave it on the stand objective???

Edited by lou

Gordon Ramsay

Of course we'll accept it. 

Neilson will be pushing for it so he can ram it down everyone's throats in Scotland. 

Show Ann that he's a hero and deserves an 8 year Alan Pardew contract, she'll probably give him it too. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

It's not about the fans only tho. 

The club is professional. 

The players are professionals and will in general respect each other. 

Some of these players may not win a thing ever again. 

Maybe some fans should stop thinking about thier own tantrums and to use a phrase on here-look at the bigger picture. 

I personally want them to take a dump in the trophy and launch it at the SFA representives head. 

However, being an adult I know it's not all about me and that is unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Maybe some fans should stop thinking about thier own tantrums and to use a phrase on here-look at the bigger picture. 

I personally want them to take a dump in the trophy and launch it at the SFA representives head. 

This week, if nothing else, has shown that it kinda is all about the fans.

On the second bit, I'm not sure I'd consider this has something that has been 'won', given the context; rather, it something that has been done.  Maybe if we'd won the league in a fashion that clearly shouted we had no reason for being in this division, I'd feel better.  As it is, we've been the best of a bad bunch.

gashauskis9
25 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I’ve been looking at the bigger picture for 7 years and therein perhaps lies the problem. 

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Haken said:

This week, if nothing else, has shown that it kinda is all about the fans.

On the second bit, I'm not sure I'd consider this has something that has been 'won', given the context; rather, it something that has been done.  Maybe if we'd won the league in a fashion that clearly shouted we had no reason for being in this division, I'd feel better.  As it is, we've been the best of a bad bunch.

To be harsh, I find that attitude poor Tbh. 

Very OF and elitist. 

Utd, rangers and Hibs and all failed at promotion first time in recent years. 

Also just seems another convenient way to play down any success we have under Robbie. 

Not to mention clubs like Partick, Falkirk, Dundee and Dunfermline who have struggled. 

We should never have been demoted, but we still won the championship, easily. If fans are carrying anger from that then fair enough, but being bitter / angry about that is irrelevant in regards to being promoted again. 

The players can do what they want, I won't take offence either way. Many fans are waiting to get angry about how they celebrate / react. 

It's their win, thier trophy.  Shit in it, celebrate - whatever they want to do. 

As a fan, I'll be happy on  promotion and our first step to recovery. 

Many are now in a cycle of anger, no matter what and don't want to or can't take any joy from Hearts winning a game or in this case the championship and promotion. 

Howdy Doody Jambo

Take the trophy the players have won it on merit, it maybe the 1st and last some win in their careers to look back on 

Just don't give it back, we could lose it somehow or forgot where we put it 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Here’s a novel idea, let all the other clubs vote on it. Seriously though I don’t care I just want this season to be over and any rebuild to begin.

26 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We should never have been demoted, but we still won the championship, easily. If fans are carrying anger from that then fair enough, but being bitter / angry about that is irrelevant in regards to being promoted again. 

Easily?? We were lucky we hit the ground running and trained earlier than most times or else I doubt we would have won the league

3 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

Sorry but late to the party, is the presentation tommorow and if so are we on tv?? 

Game isn't on tv.

There was talk of negotiations with BBC and Sky as to how the presentation could be shown, probably live.

29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

To be harsh, I find that attitude poor Tbh. 

Very OF and elitist. 

Utd, rangers and Hibs and all failed at promotion first time in recent years. 

Also just seems another convenient way to play down any success we have under Robbie. 

Not to mention clubs like Partick, Falkirk, Dundee and Dunfermline who have struggled. 

The players can do what they want, I won't take offence either way. Many fans are waiting to get angry about how they celebrate / react. 

It's their win, thier trophy.  Shit in it, celebrate - whatever they want to do. 

As a fan, I'll be happy on  promotion and our first step to recovery. 

Many are now in a cycle of anger, no matter what and don't want to or can't take any joy from Hearts winning a game or in this case the championship and promotion. 

Well, if you think not being head over heels about stumbling over the finishing line in a very poor Championship is elitist, that's up to you.

I won't get angry, whatever the players choose to do.  I'm not sure what the 'cycle of anger' is.  A lot of posters have been angrier than me for longer.  But I'm quite slow to react, but not as slow as some, it would appear.

gordiegords
7 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Game isn't on tv.

There was talk of negotiations with BBC and Sky as to how the presentation could be shown, probably live.

👍

Is it just me whos pissed off with the "it's about respecting the other clubs" statement from Halkett? 

**** the other clubs, if we are going to lift it use a different driving factor than that.

Prick.

Harry Potter
11 hours ago, normando said:

Beyond belief, does nothing for the money.

Harry Potter
18 minutes ago, 151 said:

Is it just me whos pissed off with the "it's about respecting the other clubs" statement from Halkett? 

**** the other clubs, if we are going to lift it use a different driving factor than that.

Prick.

Aye the other clubs bar Inverness respected us when we got shafted, 

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, Baxfee said:

I’ve read some crud on JKB over the years but stuff in this thread is embarrassing. 

So are you unhappy that some of us are still seethin on the way we were demoted from the premiership.

David Black

I can understand the players taking their medals, but when it comes to the trophy they should maybe try and have some effinity with a large section of the very people paying their wages. They don't have to kick it around the pitch, spit on it or even lift it, all that needs happen is acknowledge it is there and simply touch it on the way past. Who in fact do they want to offend more, the SPL,Doncaster or the fans.

Should leave it to budge to collect the trophy.  It's her incompetence that's let us to this fabulous achievement, millions and millions of fans cash has been spent to get us to this level.

I was going to give this match a miss because watching us just ruins the rest of the weekend, however I'm now going to tune in to see if there are any cringeworthy 'celebrations', especially given some of the pathetic displays they've put in this season. 

🤬🖕

Nookie Bear
37 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

I’ve read some crud on JKB over the years but stuff in this thread is embarrassing. 

In what way?

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Should leave it to budge to collect the trophy.  It's her incompetence that's let us to this fabulous achievement, millions and millions of fans cash has been spent to get us to this level.

she can just ask a family member to lift it for her ^_^

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

she can just ask a family member to lift it for her ^_^

Good idea, could pay him millions above the going rate to do it as well.  

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Haken said:

Well, if you think not being head over heels about stumbling over the finishing line in a very poor Championship is elitist, that's up to you.

I won't get angry, whatever the players choose to do.  I'm not sure what the 'cycle of anger' is.  A lot of posters have been angrier than me for longer.  But I'm quite slow to react, but not as slow as some, it would appear.

100% not you in mind, as I said some are in a cycle of anger. 

By that I men angry no matter what the club says or does. 

Apologies if it came across as personal, it was more in general. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, lou said:

Easily?? We were lucky we hit the ground running and trained earlier than most times or else I doubt we would have won the league

Easily- yip, never in danger of not winning it from the moment we beat Dundee 6-2 in the first game. 

11 minutes ago, Shanks said:

This, 100%.

That  big beamin' face telling everyone what a raging success the season has been. And a confetti canon from FOH showering the players in fivers. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, 151 said:

Prick.

Player wants to be professional to other players. 

The players never voted Hearts down. 

Class is permanent. 

Calling our own player a "prick" ffs. 

Now the norm on JKB tho, it's tragic. 

Hopefully fans that go about calling our players pricks stay away from Tynecastle, for good. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This, 100%.

That  big beamin' face telling everyone what a raging success the season has been. And a confetti canon from FOH showering the players in fivers. 

Twenties, fivers ffs. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Game isn't on tv.

the U.K. media assembled to see us dismiss the trophy. 😆

49 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Crud

:cornette:

At the end of the day what you have is those that don’t like the way we were treated opposing those that don’t mind getting ****ed over. 

They’ll dress it up to save their shame as being more adult and intelligent but it’s cowardice. 

Let them lift the trophy the club has already pissed all over the only Hearts motto. 

For me personally I’m not really bothered regardless. The real issue is the one with how the club is being run.

I understand fans anger and there’s been a lot to be angry at over the years but I would much prefer we address our internal issues and have ‘meetings’ regarding that than this.

Not lifting the trophy sends out a strong message. 

That message is more powerful than words as the pictures will be shown all over the world. 

Pictures say 1000 words 

David Black
34 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Just think if it hadn't been for the millions the fans have ploughed in, maybe we could have achieved League 2 status. 

Nelly Terraces
17 hours ago, Gambo said:

They can ram any respect for other teams.

Why are we so soft?

17 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

Budge 

Yep. We're talking about someone who after the these other clubs stabbed us in the back got in touch with them saying 'no hard feelings' ffs.:vrface:

She's an absolute disaster of an owner & her soft as shite attitude permeates every aspect of the club.

Saint Jambo

I'm in the don't really care mob.

Seems clear from some of the comments that some of the players want to enjoy the celebration. As they say, some will rarely win anything. For all the season has been a bit of a disappointment, I wouldn't want to take that away from someone.

I'd be more interested in how the fans make our continued feelings known about the SPFL, SFA and other clubs the first time we are allowed back in the stadium.

Maybe a gesture at the trophy ceremony like wearing t-shirts that say "Though we're sometimes voted down, we can aye come back up." 

Just now, Restonbabe said:

Not lifting the trophy sends out a strong message. 

That message is more powerful than words as the pictures will be shown all over the world. 

Pictures say 1000 words 

Instead the club spent circa £500K on a legal case to end up smiling while it collects the trophy it fought so hard not to be playing for in the first place. Doncaster should be told in no uncertain terms what we think of that. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )