Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )

August Landmesser

Leave it on the stand?  

653 members have voted

1. 1. After accepting their medals, should the team leave the trophy on the stand?

• Yes
    • No
    • St Johnstone

John Findlay

We behave with dignity. Collect the medals and trophy, say thank you and head back in doors. 

We show everyone what proper class is.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Bazzas right boot

• NANOJAMBO

• sadj

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

We behave with dignity. Collect the medals and trophy, say thank you and head back in doors. 

Yes to this. They can take away a chunk of last season but they're not having our dignity.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

100% this. And the players deserve it after having suffered a season under Robbie.

Fortunately the fans will play no part.

jamtartan74

Should have a bucket at the end of the line or before the entrance to the tunnel for anyone who wishes to drop the medal and trophy into it, FTSFA/SPFL

wattie exploited

the players won it so let them enjoy it ,

ok the football has been a bit shit and we should never had been relegated but it is what it :rifle:

if we never won the league can you imagine the meltdown here lol !!!!!!!!!

so let the players get their medals get the league trophy  and stick it in the cupboard :rifle: 

no big fan fare but let the players enjoy actually being promoted  :rifle:

I voted no. I think we should collect it then go straight down the tunnel with it.

I understand why folk feel like this though, the way we were treated last season etc.
Stick with giving no cash to the teams that fecked us over, let them see how much they miss the maroon pound, especially when they see the crowds we will take to teams like caley, partick etc.

davemclaren
28 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

How many of this seasons team will actually be there to lift it??

Most. It’s after the ICT match I believe. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Most. It’s after the ICT match I believe. 

Ah ok. Let them have their day then, I doubt many will lift any other trophy.

Psychedelicropcircle
7 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Where’s the option for throwing it off the forth bridge. 

St Johnstone 👍

Holyrood_Hearts
2 hours ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

Have more class I know it's meaningless winning this cup but staying professional is more important. 

Leaving it in the stand is somthing the vermin would do.

Would they?

Holyrood_Hearts

I’ve voted yes. Im all for the pettiness. There’s absolutely no chance of it happening though 

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Agreed. Not taking it is pointless, bit like refusing to play in the league in the first place.

3 hours ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

Have more class I know it's meaningless winning this cup but staying professional is more important. 

Leaving it for three years is something the vermin would do.

Sorted.

Edited by Boof

King Of The Cat Cafe
5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

👍

siegementality

I’m all for leaving it on the stand. It’s the perfect time to show utter contempt toward the SPFL. Feck them.

been here before

Should we just be telling them to ram the prize money too?

Or do we keep it and divvy up between our new bestest mates in the whole wide world at Inverness and Partick?

The players should get the trophy and for the obligatory picture  should pose with glum faces, just like team pics in early 1900s. 😁

I’m over this but not lifting that trophy would be a fitting way to bring the club back together again as one and give two fingers back to the SPL

As fans we want this to happen but the players will probably celebrate as like others have said it might be there only chance of winning silverware in their careers, that kind of says everything about most of the players we currently have.

Spent the last day saying we should leave it on the stand and walk away, but in all honesty I'm now thinking we may just look like a petty little club. Unless we have massive changes next season we may be straight back down with egg on our faces. Take the cup with dignity and don't go overboard.

Howdy Doody Jambo

If every player sanitised their hands before picking it up would be fine then straight in the cabinet, it may be the only championship that some of these players win in their careers and certainly will be as the class of 21 of which they could wear a t-shirt, with a message to Doncaster "£400, 000 salary a year Doncaster! What do you do for that?" 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

Harry Potter
15 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

👍

A Berra punt on the thing.... Bit harsh, it will take out a satellite!

Ha Ha, very good.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Don’t touch it or look at it.

Or even think about it! 

Bazzas right boot

Let the players decide and back them either way. 

Folk will get angry and all worked up on here no matter what they do. 

Voice of reason

I understand the reasoning behind doing this but I think this would be unsporting behaviour not fitting for our stature in the game. Surely a professional club has to rise above this and leave the petty actions to our fans, which we will do very well and with long memories, and the club simply act professionally.

I coach at a youth football club and we go on at the kids all the time about shaking hands with the ref at the end, and with the opponents etc. whatever has gone on before. Honestly, I’d be absolutely cringing if a Hearts team acted like petty supporters and not professionals. Such a bad example to set. Just my opinion.

(Nothing wrong with being a petty supporter by the way! I can hold grudges as long as the next person! 😀)

Naismith/Gordon will lift it with no emotion on their face and that's fine with me. Please don't have us jumping around with it.

ScottieMac17
19 hours ago, sassenach said:

Just accept the medals and trophy and be done with it.  To do anything else would be a bit too Garry O'Connor for me.

This!!

ScottieMac17

They put us down and we fought to get back up.

Take the medals, take the trophy, bang on a smile and don't drop our standards to meet theirs.

Aside from the SFA, last season we only won a handful of games, lets look at the positives for how far we have come in a short space of time. 

If 'leave it on the stand' leads to the club doing the bare minimum (25 players, coaching staff collect medals, pick up 'not 'lift') head straight back to dressing rooms, even with Naismith taking the trophy to do as they please, within covid guidelines, then job done.

Edited by DETTY29

10 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

They put us down and we fought to get back up.

Take the medals, take the trophy, bang on a smile and don't drop our standards to meet theirs.

Aside from the SFA, last season we only won a handful of games, lets look at the positives for how far we have come in a short space of time. 

I'm far from convinced winning this tin pot league which no-one knows whether we would have been in if games played out, barely half a dozen good to decent performances; still no idea on our best formation; some of and the worst result in our history; no player improved, the vast majority regressed, is coming far in a short space of time, I'm beyond a tad concerned.

Tokyo Drifter

For some of these players it's the only trophy they'll ever lift so I think it's unfair to pressure them into not accepting it. Granted they haven't always covered themselves in glory this season but they have won the league by a fair margin and they deserve every playing accolade that's coming to them within that context. I say enjoy the day - and well done.

16 hours ago, John Findlay said:

This all day long.  Anything else just gives the weegie press and the SFA/SPFL ammunition to fire at us. Any celebrations by the players can be done in the privacy of the dressing room, but publicly, accept the medals and the trophy with no fuss and head up the tunnel. 

heartsfc_fan
41 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Naismith/Gordon will lift it with no emotion on their face and that's fine with me. Please don't have us jumping around with it.

This.

No confetti or fireworks either.

If the press need a wee picture of the players holding the cup that's fine.

Shouldn’t even be adding it to our honours list.  It will forever be a reminder of how badly we have been mismanaged, for a club with our budget to end up in this division is laughable. 

It’s a disgrace, I would like to just move quietly forwards and try and put this sorry episode (and wasted millions) behind us. 

I didn't and won't celebrate the league win in any way.  Thinking about this season, I've only really celebrated the odd goal due to the farce of last season's vote putting us in the champ, and probably no fans being at the games has an influence too.

Couldn't care less what the players + management do.  They should celebrate however they want.

Disagree with those saying, "We shouldn't stoop to their level" "We should smile and celebrate as normal", etc.  Us being in the championship was not a normal football decision.  Regardless of whether you are over the events of last year, winning the champ this season - despite being a big step in putting things right from our end - isn't cause for any great celebration.     

It's up to the club and the players how they celebrate (or don't). They won it so they can do what they want. Ok, we were royally shafted by all and sundry last year but nobody else is bothered or even understands why we are all upset about it, so please lets forget about all the petty stuff that'll just make us look exactly that, petty. 

No longer active

Let them pick up the trophy and medals... if we are allowed in then total silence whilst that happens

I would say leave on stand but not as protest but because its not an achievement worth celebrating. Spot on what souttar said...we will celebrate when win something worth celebrating. Its a no brained.

**** pressed no by accident. Defo up for some pettiness. Always remember Kheredine whatshisname saying Hearts fans will eventually let this go. Nope, not me, never. Keep the bitterness rolling, will never accept what happened to us

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Should be up to the players. The board have no right to dictate how the players celebrate a title that they won. And by that logic, I don't think it will be fair to criticise the board when the players do lift the trophy.

On 12/04/2021 at 17:04, John Findlay said:

That's what should and will happen imo. 

No OTT celebrations there will be no fans there anyway for the trophy presentation. 

Flag unfurling is a good chance for the fans (if back) to let their views be known. 😏

davemclaren
3 hours ago, George Cowie said:

Let them pick up the trophy and medals... if we are allowed in then total silence whilst that happens

Happening at the ICT match I read. So no supporters there. 

David Black
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Happening at the ICT match I read. So no supporters there. 

After receiving their meddle's leave it up to each player if he wants to lift the trophy or not when it is passed around. If it were me I'd accept my meddle and just ignore the trophy.

• davemclaren changed the title to Trophy presentation - lifted ( merged )