Armand-Gnanduillet drives around the town blasting the hearts song

j1964m

He gets it and for that reason he will have a good relationship with the fans.  It never has been difficult.

Edited by i8hibsh

24 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Top lad - shite player

Disagree.

Any striker that gets close to, or more than a goal every 2 games is doing his job fine enough for Hearts. We’ve suffered enough with strikers that don’t score in the past.

Borders Jambo
47 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Top lad - shite player

He really isn't.

For some reason he reminds me in terms of playing style of Jim Hamilton.  Creates uncertainty and anxiety in the opposition box.

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Top lad - shite player

He's improved quite a bit. I thought Fridays game was his best yet. Still not tested at SPFL level but he deserves a chance. 

Ted Hastings
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

He's improved quite a bit. I thought Fridays game was his best yet. Still not tested at SPFL level but he deserves a chance. 

Well according to Craig Gordon, Nisbet told him he finds playing in the Prem easier than the Championship so he might fare even better 🤞

2 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Well according to Craig Gordon, Nisbet told him he finds playing in the Prem easier than the Championship so he might fare even better 🤞

He could do. 

ford donald
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Top lad - shite player

Reserve my judgement on him,not convinced,give him more time though.

2 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Top lad - shite player

I think he seems like he may do well next year.  He looks good and I get the feeling he is nowheere near the level he will go to with us.  He must up his game however several folds like most of his team mates for next season as the standard is much higher than what he is facing now.

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Top lad - shite player

Shite comment, he's actually a very decent player suffering from a lack of service from his team mates, and a manager who has absolutely zero clue of how to play to his strengths, he's one of the very few players I'd keep! 

I like him, his off the ball running pulls defenders all over the place, if he forms an old fashioned partnership with another player then there will be goals aplenty 👍

if he learns all the words of the Hearts song= legend in the making.

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Shite comment, he's actually a very decent player suffering from a lack of service from his team mates, and a manager who has absolutely zero clue of how to play to his strengths, he's one of the very few players I'd keep! 

He has certainly suffered as so many Hearts front men have, dating back as far as Calum Elliot under Rix, of being isolated up front with no support, and having to go back 30 or more yards just to get a touch of the ball. Friday was the first game he had players around him who hadn't spent so long getting forward that the opposition has everyone back and well prepared and organised. It will be interesting to see how he does in a more adventurous set up if and when we see one more than once in a blue moon. Even so he has done OK and better than average.

If he has been a shite player for us what exactly does that make GMS?

Francis Albert
18 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

I like him, his off the ball running pulls defenders all over the place, if he forms an old fashioned partnership with another player then there will be goals aplenty 👍

if he learns all the words of the Hearts song= legend in the making.

Agreed. Of course I am not remotely comparing him with the Legend, but how many goals would Robbo have scored without Colquhoun and Clark's support? Still a lot but not nearly as many.

5 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

He gets it and for that reason he will have a good relationship with the fans.  It never has been difficult.

Does he get it?

Fair enough if he is just driving around blaring out the Hearts song BUT if he is doing it to celebrate this league win then I would question whether "he gets it".

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Does he get it?

Fair enough if he is just driving around blaring out the Hearts song BUT if he is doing it to celebrate this league win then I would question whether "he gets it".

If he isn't fully versed in the demotion saga and can't list off from memory each team that voted against our resolution then he needs binned IMO. 

Big Slim Stylee
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Does he get it?

You really are a miserable piece😀

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Does he get it?

He's been at the club for what, 3 months?  Probably never even heard of Hearts before signing for us, so what if he's celebrating what he can only see as a good thing.

If he's not been brought up to speed on club history, and recent goings on, then blame the club, but you can hardly blame a new player for celebrating a League win and trying his best ffs.

Edited by tian447
Quoted the wrong poster, apologies JMGM.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

He's been at the club for what, 3 months?  Probably never even heard of Hearts before signing for us, so what if he's celebrating what he can only see as a good thing.

If he's not been brought up to speed on club history, and recent goings on, then blame the club, but you can hardly blame a new player for celebrating a League win and trying his best ffs.

I was being facetious. I'm delighted that he's driving around blasting the Hearts song after a good result. It's great to know that the players in the dressing room aren't as bitter as the fans. However, the post I was replying to I fear was not as tongue-in-cheek. Some people can't let themselves enjoy anything. I blame lockdown but for some it has run deeper.

Just now, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

I was being facetious. I'm delighted that he's driving around blasting the Hearts song after a good result. It's great to know that the players in the dressing room aren't as bitter as the fans. However, the post I was replying to I fear was not as tongue-in-cheek. Some people can't let themselves enjoy anything. I blame lockdown but for some it has run deeper.

Apologies, I multi-quoted and you got dragged into the friendly fire line :lol: 

See my edit!

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Apologies, I multi-quoted and you got dragged into the friendly fire line :lol: 

See my edit!

No problem bud, Gnando is the man 👍

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
5 hours ago, Borders Jambo said:

He really isn't.

For some reason he reminds me in terms of playing style of Jim Hamilton.  Creates uncertainty and anxiety in the opposition box.

Spot on comparison. He's big physical and ungainly but he makes a real impact. I like that just like when I was a kid I liked watching jim hamilton at tynecastle. 

The Treasurer

Whatever you think of him as a player or whatever you think of his reasons for "celebrating" the fact is we have been starved of real "characters" in the squad that the fans can identify with and feel a connection with.

6 hours ago, R1874 said:

No chance. Was very good Friday

Must have been watching a different game from me then. 

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Agreed. Of course I am not remotely comparing him with the Legend, but how many goals would Robbo have scored without Colquhoun and Clark's support? Still a lot but not nearly as many.

Now that you mention it FA, I think he could (almost) emulate Robbo if he had that kind of support.

Good player at our level with many strings to his bow:

Scores relatively frequently, and contributes even when he's not scoring: sets up opportunities for colleagues; mobile; lays the ball off with head and feet, helps out the defence at opposition corners, frightens the opposition in their box. 

We'd be daft not not keep him, even more so if he "gets" Hearts after only a few weeks here.

Jambo-Jimbo
9 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Top lad - shite player

The sort of comment that could come back and bite you on the arse.

Italian Lambretta
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

The sort of comment that could come back and bite you on the arse.

I hope so but I doubt it. 

He'll get found out next season and even more so if the Touchline Scarecrow is still in charge

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Seen better seen worse. Usual lack of cutting edge commentary, either brilliant or shit with nothing in between. 

Will say though a real threat at the set play 

6 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Exactly, hit the bye line and get the crosses in and he'll score the goals!!

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, jamboozy said:

Now that you mention it FA, I think he could (almost) emulate Robbo if he had that kind of support.

Too far. Far too far. 

But most (all?) Hearts strikers since Robbo would have scored significantly more with his level and quality of support.

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Too far. Far too far. 

But most (all?) Hearts strikers since Robbo would have scored significantly more with his level and quality of support.

👍fair comment.

Kirky Jambo
12 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

I think he seems like he may do well next year.  He looks good and I get the feeling he is nowheere near the level he will go to with us.  He must up his game however several folds like most of his team mates for next season as the standard is much higher than what he is facing now.

I agree with this, but think he is a player who (due to his playing style) will have a similar impact regardless of the standard of opposition. Instinctive finisher who won’t touch the ball much but generally hits the target and also occupies defenders off the ball.

Contrast with Henderson for example who looks great and lightning quick against part timers like Alloa and Airdrie but has never seemed convincing against full time professionals, almost to the point of being a man down at times.

Tokyo Drifter
On 12/04/2021 at 08:01, A_A wehatethehibs said:

😆 top lad. Think he will bang them in next season. 

Exactly. And that's why we shouldn't be encouraging the players to "leave it on the stand" (see other thread).

ScandinavianJambo
22 hours ago, Gambo said:

Does he get it?

Seriously, just don't. Killjoy has found a new level. 

ScandinavianJambo
1 hour ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Exactly. And that's why we shouldn't be encouraging the players to "leave it on the stand" (see other thread).

100% 

ScandinavianJambo
11 hours ago, everton_jambo said:

I agree with this, but think he is a player who (due to his playing style) will have a similar impact regardless of the standard of opposition. Instinctive finisher who won’t touch the ball much but generally hits the target and also occupies defenders off the ball.

Contrast with Henderson for example who looks great and lightning quick against part timers like Alloa and Airdrie but has never seemed convincing against full time professionals, almost to the point of being a man down at times.

Indeed. He is a natural poacher and will score when serviced. The problem with Scottish fans is that when a player isn't a box to box player they will be called lazy. G is fun, exciting and loves to play for Hearts and people still moan. It would be funny if it wasn't so boring.