Boycott Lifting the Trophy

SectionN

Seen numerous Hearts pages on Facebook & Twitter suggesting that it would be a good way to show their feelings regarding the ruling body. 

Think it’s a good idea, get the medals and down the tunnel. 

Views?

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, SectionN said:

Seen numerous Hearts pages on Facebook & Twitter suggesting that it would be a good way to show their feelings regarding the ruling body. 

Think it’s a good idea, get the medals and down the tunnel. 

Views?

Can you be more precise?

Just now, davemclaren said:

Can you be more precise?

Players receive the medals and don’t lift the trophy at all. Just walk down the tunnel. Would certainly make a point to the SPFL that we still aren’t happy with them.

Just now, SectionN said:

Players receive the medals and don’t lift the trophy at all. Just walk down the tunnel. Would certainly make a point to the SPFL that we still aren’t happy with them.

Wow!  A point would be made, and the SPFL would immediately glean that Hearts ‘aren’t happy’. ?

What a super-duper idea.  👍

Blackshades

So your asking player's more than half that weren't here last year just to ignore something they have been working for all season  just to ignore it . Not going to happen 

Edited by Blackshades

It's absolutely not going to happen. 

Not lifting the trophy proves absolutely nothing, and the SPFL/Neil Doncaster won't even blink at it. 

What will be a real "**** you" will be finishing high up that League table next season.

7 minutes ago, SectionN said:

But the players have worked so hard all season...

been here before

Im totally ragin' more than you.

I totally couldnt care less more than you.

Boring as **** now.

And the fact its being touted on "facebook and twitter".... :rofl:

Probably the only trophy some of those players will ever win, if they want to be happy with themselves then let them 

Bazzas right boot

We should take it, melt it down, turn it into Coins, then pelt doncaster with them. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

The players should do what they want to do.

The club made it clear last season what they thought.

Now, if the fans were at Tynecastle. I'm sure all you'd here is... SFA W*NK, W*NK, W*NK!

We will get our moment.

Never going to happen.  Of course they should accept the trophy. I think the SPFL know what supporters and indeed the club think of them.

players will rightfully collect the trophy and they can celebrate it all they want. 
Turn your TV or laptop off if offended. 

been here before
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Never going to happen.  Of course they should accept the trophy. I think the SPFL know what supporters and indeed the club think of them.

players will rightfully collect the trophy and they can celebrate it all they want. 
Turn your TV or laptop off if offended. 

Aye but its on facebook and twitter...

No celebration, no acceptance of what they did to us. That will spoil their fun, we don't need any of their showtime crap at Tynecastle.

Boab Mugabe

As much as I’m for a petty gesture to show  contempt for the SPFL and treat their risible ‘league’ we got voted into with the maximum disrespect it deserves, the club will sadly be instructed to graciously accept and celebrate it by the Chairwoman.

If bowling over welders and binmen is what some of our players regard as an achievement and worthy of celebration then good for them. I wouldn’t be having any of those longer term at the club.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I wouldn’t be surprised if we got sanctioned for bringing the game into disrepute- but I back the players from walking away from the trophy.

Would give me some faith that at least some of them understood the fans and were with us rather than keeping everyone else happy.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

There won't be an actual presentation, will there?

Won't it just be the trophy and medals sitting on a table and the players have to pick them up by themselves?

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

Facebook and Twitter are both full of utter dolts. 

And this place is for arseholes (allegedly) so what could go wrong. :lol:

Selkirkhmfc1874

No way the club will do this because tv / newspapers etc will want pictures and the sponsors will also want it.

We probably have a legal obligation under the competition rules to take part in a winners ceremony. The competition sponsors will want their name shown in the media coverage of the event. It's what they are paying for after all and they won't care what club wins it and how that club feels about it in private.

So we will not boycott it and will be required to show some respect to the sponsors. 

That will not mean any over the top celebration just polite gracious dignity. 

SectionDJambo

Given the current restrictions, and the fuss made about Celtic drinking at the poolside and Scotland's conga, I would imagine any presentation will be extremely low key anyway.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No way the club will do this because tv / newspapers etc will want pictures and the sponsors will also want it.

Quite, which is why the boycott is up to fans. Switch off your TV or other devices.

1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

And this place is for arseholes (allegedly) so what could go wrong. :lol:

This thread has removed any shadow of a doubt.

Deary me !

8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if we got sanctioned for bringing the game into disrepute- but I back the players from walking away from the trophy.

Would give me some faith that at least some of them understood the fans and were with us rather than keeping everyone else happy.

To be honest, had we won the Scottish Cup, I was all for the team walking off the pitch, getting on the bus and heading up the road....no comment, leaving the trophy. Such was my contempt at the SFA for backing up Doncaster in the legal challenge. 

Make no mistake, it would have made national news and would have seriously embarrassed the Hampden mafia. It would have shone a light on the Mickey Mouse league and the obsession with the bigots.

Perhaps too much water under the bridge now.

Bret the Hitman Hearts
1 hour ago, stuart500 said:

We probably have a legal obligation under the competition rules to take part in a winners ceremony. The competition sponsors will want their name shown in the media coverage of the event. It's what they are paying for after all and they won't care what club wins it and how that club feels about it in private.

So we will not boycott it and will be required to show some respect to the sponsors. 

That will not mean any over the top celebration just polite gracious dignity. 

There are no sponsors, unless I am missing something?

Dougie Masterton
2 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

There are no league sponsors. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Whether or not they performed to the standard expected of them this season, the players earned the right to lift the trophy and I will not begrudge them at all for doing that. If they're all wearing t-shirts saying 'Back where we rightly belong, Champions 2020-21' that would do the trick for me.

43 minutes ago, Bret the Hitman Hearts said:

There are no sponsors, unless I am missing something?

No you are correct. My apologies for havering. 

I thought it was sponsored by Betfred but that's only the cup. 

Could the club change it's name temporarily to something like 'Doncaster is an Arse' so that gets engraved on the cup?

Harry Potter
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

I'll be celebrating. I'd celebrate Hearts winning a long shots competition. 

Might have a full glass o red kola.

Daily Record & the Sun running stories regarding the campaign which started on Twitter & FB. Seems to be some support from the supporters.

Ex member of the SaS

Non story as Budge is all for mending bridges and will not want to rock the boat. This has been proved when we loaned a keeper at the start of Hearts first.

Adam Cameron

Just get the captain to accept the trophy politely, no need to lift it up or have fireworks and confetti.  Dignified and respectful and shows we have a bit of class about us.

The Old Tolbooth

If we make a big deal of celebrating this, then it's an embarrassment, I'm all for telling them to stick their trophy up their arse and dumping it in a bin along with the medals. 

4 minutes ago, Adam Cameron said:

Just get the captain to accept the trophy politely, no need to lift it up or have fireworks and confetti.  Dignified and respectful and shows we have a bit of class about us.

Not convinced we will get much choice, it will be SPFL protocol.

It's all about doing the absolute minimum in that 15 minutes or so.

We could run a sweep on which daftie wraps a scarf around his head.

Little things like just going up to collect medals; no need for players to go back to dressing room (prob not Covid allowed) then come back out to Scott Wilson announcements; certainly no Ann Budge bringing out the trophy like last time; ask for no ticker tape and so on.