Medals

King Of The Cat Cafe

King Of The Cat Cafe

Out of curiosity, do players in a Championship-winning team receive individual medals?

If so, is there any qualification criteria: get one regardless of playing five games or 25?

I remember the old First Division of 18 teams and 34 games gave medals to anyone with 8 appearances. That suggests a quarter rounded down - so maybe 6 games?

Italian Lambretta

They should gather up all the winning medals, melt them down and cast them into a metal cock.

Then send it back to Dungcaster.

1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

They should gather up all the winning medals, melt them down and cast them into a metal cock.

Then send it back to Dungcaster.

Big fan of that. Or a big middle finger and donate it to the SFA.

Malinga the Swinga

For someone like Gnando, Kingsley, Halliday, or anyone who didn't play last season, why shouldn't they take medal. Might be first thing they've won in career, and wasnt there fault we are where we are. 

been here before
5 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

For someone like Gnando, Kingsley, Halliday, or anyone who didn't play last season, why shouldn't they take medal. Might be first thing they've won in career, and wasnt there fault we are where we are. 

Do us all a favour and please stop interupting the 'I care less than you' mob from trying to outdo each other eh?

Its funny as.

6 minutes ago, heartyhub said:

Launch them Gary O’Connor style 

Aye right at Dungcaster’s heed!

You would have to be a special kind of loser to do anything bar chuck it out the second you received it. I therefore fully expect most of the squad to keep theirs.

This is where we are under an owner who probably sees coming in fourth in an egg and spoon race and third in the three legged race as an achievement.

been here before
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

You would have to be a special kind of loser to do anything bar chuck it out the second you received it. I therefore fully expect most of the squad to keep theirs.

This is where we are under an owner who probably sees coming in fourth in an egg and spoon race and third in the three legged race as an achievement.

A special kind of loser eh?

For once you can talk with some authority.

Blackshades

This place gets madder by the day if you think professional sportsmen are going to behave like the dog and duck,s div4 Domino team that's just lost to daisy,s tearoom in the lake District league decider.

23 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

This place gets madder by the day if you think professional sportsmen are going to behave like the dog and duck,s div4 Domino team that's just lost to daisy,s tearoom in the lake District league decider.

Are you Blackadder's script writer  😂

Some of these players may never win another medal there whole playing career.

They deserve those medals, should be proud to receive them

It isn’t Maybury League division six FFS, 

This place gets crazier by the day

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Any player wanting a medal for this horrible season needs to have a word with himself.

Get them in the bin.

Shay Logan might want to know what it looks like.

27 minutes ago, been here before said:

A special kind of loser eh?

For once you can talk with some authority.

Takes a special type of loser to be a winner :lol:

King Of The Cat Cafe
6 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

I doubt the players will show them off with pride but to say chuck them is just immature.

This, when you consider the number of footballers who never come within a sniff of winning anything in their careers.

I would not blame any player for considering it recognition of doing a job this season - especially those who had no part in us being in the Championship.

Bunny Munro

There 100% was the last time we were in the championship. If you look at the squad lists from late on that season a few players came out the cold so they could qualify. Kenny Anderson and Brad McKay were certainly two.

ScandinavianJambo
38 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Some of these players may never win another medal there whole playing career.

They deserve those medals, should be proud to receive them

It isn’t Maybury League division six FFS, 

This place gets crazier by the day

This

Gimme an H...
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

How do you manage to be so relentlessly negative about everything? 

credit card

They've earned the medals by winning the league. Many of them haven't earned our respect for the way they did it. They are the ones who have to look in the mirror before depositing it in a drawer.

As for the trophy it deserved to be pi55ed in and the handled dug-durted (new verb). Doncaster should then be asked to pick it up in a full house Tynecastle.

14 hours ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Out of curiosity, do players in a Championship-winning team receive individual medals?

If so, is there any qualification criteria: get one regardless of playing five games or 25?

Given 25 by the league, but you can apply for more, giving reasons but need to pay for.

I think Logan and Souttar were players 26 and 27 to be given league game time this season so far.

Edited by DETTY29

Per London Hearts there are 23 players with 6 or more appearances. Stewart, Brandon and Souttar have 1 game and Logan 2. If 25 medals is correct then they might all get one.  

Medals are precious to players as outside Celtic/Rangers few win more than an occasional trophy.  Ask Gary Mackay, Craig Levein, Henry Smith, Walter Kidd or John Robertson (yes I know,  but he played as many minutes as Denis Prytchynenko). 

Robbo & Denis won Cup winners medals and I know they both value them despite not playing. This league is not a major trophy but you can only finish first in your league - 4 National titles and 3 second tier titles for us in 150 years is not a great return!

5 minutes ago, JTJ said:

Per London Hearts there are 23 players with 6 or more appearances. Stewart, Brandon and Souttar have 1 game and Logan 2. If 25 medals is correct then they might all get one.  

Medals are precious to players as outside Celtic/Rangers few win more than an occasional trophy.  Ask Gary Mackay, Craig Levein, Henry Smith, Walter Kidd or John Robertson (yes I know,  but he played as many minutes as Denis Prytchynenko). 

Robbo & Denis won Cup winners medals and I know they both value them despite not playing. This league is not a major trophy but you can only finish first in your league - 4 National titles and 3 second tier titles for us in 150 years is not a great return!

Spot on

Don't know the criteria for a medal now but it was 10 league appearances when Hearts won the title in 1958 and 60.

Willie Bauld managed just 9 in one of those seasons due to injury. Hearts had to ask the SFL for permission to have a medal independently struck for Willie and they agreed.

According to SPFL Rule C39

C39 The Company shall present to the Champion Club of the League 25 League Championship Medals for Players, other staff and Officials. Additional League Championship Medals may be purchased from the Company with the prior consent of the Board. Only those Players who participated in 25% or more of the League Matches for the Champion Club in the relevant Season will be eligible to receive such medals.

However SPFL Rule C41 states

C41 The Company shall present to each Division Champion Club in each Season, 25 Division Champion Club medals for Players who have Played for the relevant Division Champion Club in the League in the relevant Season and for other Club staff and Officials. Additional Division Champion Club medals may be purchased from the Company by a Division Champion Club with the prior consent of the Board.

Appears rules are slightly different between THE Champion club and the other 3 divisions.

Edited by DETTY29