Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• sadj

• Thomaso

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Folk still wear boot cut jeans 😮

They still wear feckin bell bottoms in Dundee. Everytime you enter your watch goes back 40 years. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

They still wear feckin bell bottoms in Dundee. Everytime you enter your watch goes back 40 years. 

:lol:

Hardly, it's not Motherwell.

If you haven't been to Dundee in a while I'd recommend it highly 👍

3 minutes ago, 151 said:

:lol:

Hardly, it's not Motherwell.

If you haven't been to Dundee in a while I'd recommend it highly 👍

Stayed there for two years. Shithole. 

5 hours ago, Cruyff said:

"Yes City". Populated by bams who do not fear the inevitable harsh economic realities of separatism because they believe Nicola will continue to furnish them with free hings from cradle to grave.

6 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

"Yes City". Populated by bams who do not fear the inevitable harsh economic realities of separatism because they believe Nicola will continue to furnish them with free hings from cradle to grave.

Yes a definite negative - everyone here is a staunch "yes" bam. Some boy drives round with his whole car stickered and flagged with the t shirt on the lot.

11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Nonsense but okay :lol:

Parts of it are horrendous but not unlike any other city.

Harry Potter
15 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Folk still wear boot cut jeans 😮

least theres no turn-ups on the jeans, whats that all about.😕

1 hour ago, 151 said:

Ive never seen so many junkies in my life. 

I was in Clark bakery one day and two junkies walked in wearing stab proof vests. :rofl:

Tokyo Drifter
On 11/04/2021 at 18:31, Silvery_Moon said:

If we are going to lie down to anyone make it the Inverness game. The rest can rot as far as I'm concerned. Would love Dundee to end up 5th though. 

Yeah, Inverness or no-one. **** Raith Rovers.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

I was in Clark bakery one day and two junkies walked in wearing stab proof vests. :rofl:

Yeh its horrible. Like zombieland. 

Spitonastranger
9 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

Still better that a unionist bam who believes the tories will look after them 😉

The Old Tolbooth
On 11/04/2021 at 23:14, The White Cockade said:

You do realise that the Dundee fans had no say in last season’s vote and anyway most of the comments I read were pretty reasonable 

Short memory, or you don't read very much social media, their fans were mocking us at every opportunity, along with Dundee United fans, they had a mini love in at the expense of ourselves at one point, not to mention that every time we play them they remind us of the only trophy they've ever won in recent times, the Albert Kidd cup, and their love in with Hibs is vomit inducing too, they're a pissant, paltry, stinking cesspit of a midden type of club, and if anything bad happens to them, I'll raise a glass! 

If ICT can keep up their good form with hopefully a little help from us, then one of Scumdee, Rat Rovers, or Scumfermline will be losing out, and I can live with that, but out of that lot my choice would be the spoon burners. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

And that was just the local Bobbies stopping off for twa meat pehs an' an ingin in anaw. 🥧🥧🥧

Edited by Wee Mikey

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Horrific look I agree. 

Ruins a good pair o jeans bud😄if they were meant to be like that, they would come like that.lol

Silvery_Moon
6 hours ago, Tokyo Drifter said:

Yeah, Inverness or no-one. **** Raith Rovers.

Or it would be funny if Dundee finished 2nd then failed in the playoffs. Then their failure could be directly attributed to us being in the league. 

7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Is Clarks the one that looks like a takeaway thats open all day everyday? Sure I was in there the last time i was out in Dundee and some of the sights were emmm interesting...

9 hours ago, 151 said:

No its a shithole most folk that live there think its a shithole , most people that have heard of it in South America think its a shithole and even Penguins including the ones by the Discovery think its a shithole

1 minute ago, sadj said:

No its a shithole most folk that live there think its a shithole , most people that have heard of it in South America think its a shithole and even Penguins including the ones by the Discovery think its a shithole

Really isn't but okay. Still struggling to comprehend someone presumably from Edinburgh saying anywhere else is like turning your watch back 40 years. One look at the waterfront in Dundee and Edinburgh literally looks medieval. 

However, this isn't about cities its about a football club riddled with absolute diddys who's fans are arseholes. 

For anyone who may have missed it, Dunfermline v Dundee is on BBC Scotland at 1800. 

Should be good viewing hopefully Dunfermline pump them.

21 hours ago, Cruyff said:

When though? 

Been here for 10 years and it's a totally different place to what it used to be, as long as you stay roughly in the centre and don't venture into Lochee... or Charleston... or Hilltown... or Fintry... or Whitfield... or Downfield...

Actually, you might be onto something :lol:

In all fairness, it gets a horrific reputation and it really isn't that bad. Have loved living up here. 

53 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is Clarks the one that looks like a takeaway thats open all day everyday? Sure I was in there the last time i was out in Dundee and some of the sights were emmm interesting...

Yeah, Clarks up Blackness Road, it's a Baker in an industrial unit that sells everything under the sun and open all day everyday. It's actually quality. I stayed at the top of Blackness Road during my time in Dundee and it was 5 minutes away.

Just now, tian447 said:

When though? 

Been here for 10 years and it's a totally different place to what it used to be, as long as you stay roughly in the centre and don't venture into Lochee... or Charleston... or Hilltown... or Fintry... or Whitfield... or Downfield...

In all fairness, it gets a horrific reputation and it really isn't that bad. Have loved living up here. 

Whitfield has totally changed. I lived there from the ages of about 13-18 which was 15-20 years ago and even since then it is totally different. The shops are gone and new HS and new houses put up everywhere. Fintry and Downfield havent changed but don't really have a bad rep. More Kirkton and Hilltown that i'd say were bad areas tbh but the playground slagging of places people live and are from is pretty poor like. I was born in Edinburgh, then moved to Glenrothes, then have lived in Dundee since I was 11 with a 2 year stay roughly in Edinburgh in between. 

Dundee has definitely changed even since I moved here and it's only getting better still with the developments to the waterfront, new Esports arena getting built etc.

Just now, tian447 said:

When though? 

I stay in Dundee from 2018 until about October 2020. 

It's still an absolute shithole and you only realise how big a shithole it is when you've left. Junkies everywhere. It's absolutely filthy, rubbish everywhere, bushes overgrown and practically over pavements. The buildings are falling to pieces. The majority of folk live in pre-1919 Tenements or pre fabs which are falling to bits. 

Just because they've updated the front does not mean it's much better. It's not, the front is nice but it's like putting lipstick on a pig. 

18 minutes ago, tian447 said:

When though? 

🤣🤣🤣

Fintry 🤣🤣 Where the sign as you enter reads “Please check the id of the granny you are here to pump to make sure she is of legal age....”

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's still an absolute shithole and you only realise how big a shithole it is when you've left. Junkies everywhere. It's absolutely filthy, rubbish everywhere, bushes overgrown and practically over pavements. The buildings are falling to pieces. The majority of folk live in pre-1919 Tenements or pre fabs which are falling to bits. 

Just because they've updated the front does not mean it's much better. It's not, the front is nice but it's like putting lipstick on a pig. 

Ardler Gym deserves praise...

7 minutes ago, 151 said:

Whitfield has totally changed. I lived there from the ages of about 13-18 which was 15-20 years ago and even since then it is totally different. The shops are gone and new HS and new houses put up everywhere. Fintry and Downfield havent changed but don't really have a bad rep. More Kirkton and Hilltown that i'd say were bad areas tbh but the playground slagging of places people live and are from is pretty poor like. I was born in Edinburgh, then moved to Glenrothes, then have lived in Dundee since I was 11 with a 2 year stay roughly in Edinburgh in between. 

Dundee has definitely changed even since I moved here and it's only getting better still with the developments to the waterfront, new Esports arena getting built etc.

I stayed in Coldside, and it was a bit rough but I loved staying there before moving more into the Centre.  Worked in a bookies in Charleston, Lochee and out toward Downfield for the best part of 6 years so I've seen the worst those areas have to offer and it still didn't put me off.  I think there is a difference having a laugh about it as someone who lives here, rather than someone slagging it who's never even set foot in half of the places. 

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Think it depends where you stayed. The West End is great, and it's the fact that it feels more like a Big Town, rather than a Busy City is quite appealing. 

I like it, and I'll be sad to leave. 

23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Yeah, Clarks up Blackness Road, it's a Baker in an industrial unit that sells everything under the sun and open all day everyday. It's actually quality. I stayed at the top of Blackness Road during my time in Dundee and it was 5 minutes away.

Thats the one. Aye I quite enjoyed it. It was a proper cheat day feast at 4am 🤣 

No Idle Talk

I have an ingrained dislike for Dundee ever since that fateful day in 1986. The e-mail fiasco exacerbated that feeling. I have to say it would be better for Scottish Football to have them in the top division rather than clubs like Hamilton or Ross County being there but if Dundee aren't good enough to win promotion then that's their problem. I certainly won't be feeling sorry for them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/04/2021 at 09:22, Cruyff said:

:sweeet:

Visit the Shed today for an interesting bit of reading.

part_time_jambo
11 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

What's the best thing to come out of Dundee?

I genuinely can't think of anything 😕

The road to Edinburgh.

Auldbenches
28 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

The word heckle is about the only thing.   Which will be needed if neilson is still in charge when crowds are allowed back... 

Paddy Crossan
48 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

The road to Edinburgh.

The Dandy and the Beano? Some older people might say the Sunday Post

1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

Grand theft auto. Lemmings and the computer gaming industry 

Guest ToqueJambo

On 13/04/2021 at 08:37, 151 said:

Really isn't but okay. Still struggling to comprehend someone presumably from Edinburgh saying anywhere else is like turning your watch back 40 years. One look at the waterfront in Dundee and Edinburgh literally looks medieval. 

However, this isn't about cities its about a football club riddled with absolute diddys who's fans are arseholes. 

Edinburgh literally is one of the best medieval cities around. Dundee though... when your most famous export is a cartoon character in dungarees who sits on a bucket all day and talks to his pet mouse you know you've got some work to do.

The Wrinkly Ninja
1 hour ago, mscjambo said:

Probably Tosh’s left foot.

The real one obviously.

7 hours ago, 151 said:

:sweeet:

Visit the Shed today for an interesting bit of reading.

There's drugs everywhere but I've never walked through a shopping centre in Edinburgh and seen a junkie, in a wheelchair, with nae legs, overdosing like I did one day walking through the overgate. Nor have I seen overdosed junkies lying half dead in front of shop fronts. Dundee's got more smack than Afghanistan. 

13 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Edinburgh literally is one of the best medieval cities around. Dundee though... when your most famous export is a cartoon character in dungarees who sits on a bucket all day and talks to his pet mouse you know you've got some work to do.

Dundee isn't even as nice as what Edinburgh was in medieval times. 

24 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

There's drugs everywhere but I've never walked through a shopping centre in Edinburgh and seen a junkie, in a wheelchair, with nae legs, overdosing like I did one day walking through the overgate. Nor have I seen overdosed junkies lying half dead in front of shop fronts. Dundee's got more smack than Afghanistan. 

Haha i know mate I was kidding. Just thought it was funny folk referencing an article from Dundee from years ago when round about the same time that was a headline in another paper. 

Anyway **** Dundee FC and hope they rot in the Championship for years paying players over the top.

44 minutes ago, Rods said:

I think Dundee should make amends for there treachery by taking our manager from us. 

Was speaking about that at work, it wouldn't surprise me if he dropped down to a Dundee/Dunfermline.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

:gok:

59 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Dundee isn't even as nice as what Edinburgh was in medieval times. 

:gok: