Team Selection for Last games.

MR INCREDIBLE

10 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I would play the strongest possible team until we play Caley and hopefully get them into a play off spot. It would also hurt the others ( Dundee and RR ). Play the young guys and out going players once we are winning those games comfortably. Anything to help Caley get promotion gets my vote.

This all day long 

Just keep it the same as Alloa.Lets see if we can build on that display or if that was a one of cause Alloa ain't that great , maybe have more youth on the bench to bring on.

jamboinglasgow

I would keep the same team, it worked and got the most out of players who will still be here next season. Get some game time and confidence before summer break. Get some youngsters on the bench who can get some game time. 

Nookie Bear
22 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Just keep it the same as Alloa.Lets see if we can build on that display or if that was a one of cause Alloa ain't that great , maybe have more youth on the bench to bring on.

Have to agree with this. Robbie needs momentum and results so finishing on a good run will calm a lot of people down. 

Also believe managers sometimes find the best team or formation almost by accident and that may have happened here. 

Time will tell though

15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have to agree with this. Robbie needs momentum and results so finishing on a good run will calm a lot of people down. 

Also believe managers sometimes find the best team or formation almost by accident and that may have happened here. 

Time will tell though

Finishing on a good run will not win over the vast majority of the fans.

Nookie Bear
59 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Finishing on a good run will not win over the vast majority of the fans.

Well not me and it’s too little too late imo but he could at least be a bit bullish if we finish strongly. 

I personally think he will tinker and we will stumble to the end. 

53 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Well not me and it’s too little too late imo but he could at least be a bit bullish if we finish strongly. 

He was already “bullish” with his ram it down our throats shit!

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

He can't help himself.He doesn't ever have belief in his own players it's always a worry about what the opposition are going to do in Robbie's head imo.

18 hours ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Do you think the Inverness game will also end up on TV? Likely the game where we get the trophy 

Had our 2 BBC live games unless the Alloa one can be determined as a non counter.

22 hours ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

All of the following would benefit from minutes, so need to play IMO:

- Souttar

- Haring

- Henderson

- Walker

- Stewart (if we’re keeping him)

- Logan (again if keeping him)

- McEneff

- GMS

Team just about picks itself at that. Maybe give Gordon, Boyce, Kingsley, Smith a wee rest by rotating.

Gordon will want to play every game so as to be as match fit as possible for the Euro's

eyesandears

Majority of senior players will want to play the remaining games. They are greedy buggers and will want a chance to earn another three win bonuses now with zero pressure on them to deliver.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine

Don't care about the other teams in this league so we should be using these games to benefit us. As much as I don't think he's good enough, Henderson has to play all of the last 3 games so we can see whether he has got enough to part of the squad for next season. Souttar definitely needs these games under his belt. McEneff is starting to play his way into form, so he plays. Same goes for Haring. So for me, we'll still field what is effectively a full strength team for the last few games.

Ron Burgundy

If we won't blood youngsters now with the league won and up against Championship sides we are as well closing the academy for good.

13 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Boyce wants to score 20 for the season so he’ll be involved a lot. 

About to say. Boyce's going to be hunting down goals. It's true what he says, Armand pins one Centerhalf, Hendo's pace gives the other one a problem leaving Boycie with loads of space in behind. 

Stendelnator

We should get more chances to score in our last three games as the teams we’re playing can’t afford to settle for draws. 

ScandinavianJambo
On 11/04/2021 at 09:02, DS98 said:

Give Gordon, Boyce and Smith the rest of the season off. I’d have said Halkett too as he’s played about every minute of the season but he and Souttar need to build that understanding again.

Tell Henderson and McGill they will play the next 3 games so go out and play with no pressure. Maybe give Darge and Flatman some game time. 

Haring and McEneff need to stay together too as Friday was the first time in months we have controlled a midfield. 

That's not going to happen. Robbie needs to go out on a high note. 

ScandinavianJambo
2 hours ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Don't care about the other teams in this league so we should be using these games to benefit us. As much as I don't think he's good enough, Henderson has to play all of the last 3 games so we can see whether he has got enough to part of the squad for next season. Souttar definitely needs these games under his belt. McEneff is starting to play his way into form, so he plays. Same goes for Haring. So for me, we'll still field what is effectively a full strength team for the last few games.

100%

GenovaHearts
On 11/04/2021 at 10:27, Jamboscanbevicius said:

All of the following would benefit from minutes, so need to play IMO:

- Souttar

- Haring

- Henderson

- Walker

- Stewart (if we’re keeping him)

- Logan (again if keeping him)

- McEneff

- GMS

Team just about picks itself at that. Maybe give Gordon, Boyce, Kingsley, Smith a wee rest by rotating.

I would be happy if Stewart never played another minute for us, nowhere near good enough and should be sent packing as soon as possible. Play Zlamal and give Gordon a rest however Gordon will want to play to enhance his Scotland chances.

Like the vast majority of Hearts fans, I fervently hope ICT come up with us.

By all means, let some youngsters play a part in the remaining games. Try a few new things now that the title is in the bag. That's fine.

But we play to win every game and we don't cheat.

We play to win the league by the largest possible margin with the highest possible goal difference.

We want Boyce to get 20 goals. We want Gordon to get yet more shut-outs.

ICT can get promoted by being the best of the rest.

Full strength and blitz mentality.

We are currently 2.083 points per game.  In 20/14/2015 we finished 2.527 points per game.  I want to salvage some pride, especially when Hibs slag us we can say that in their THREE years to get out they averaged as follows

2014/2015 1.944

2015/2016 1.944

2016/2017 1.972

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

We are currently 2.083 points per game.  In 20/14/2015 we finished 2.527 points per game.  I want to salvage some pride, especially when Hibs slag us we can say that in their THREE years to get out they averaged as follows

2014/2015 1.944

2015/2016 1.944

2016/2017 1.972

For once I’m in full agreement with you. 

The Treasurer
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

For once I’m in full agreement with you. 

I'm glad you said that, I was finding myself in agreement with i8 and it was a very worrying feeling 😟

The Treasurer

Some interesting points of view on this.

Personally I'd be playing our strongest team (possibly the same 11 as v  Alloa)

I agree that those not being retained should not be involved and maybe a couple of youngsters on the bench/in the squad that might get a run out at some point.

I think we'd all prefer ICT to come up with us but with the fixtures that all the other clubs have left, they can manage it without any help from us

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm glad you said that, I was finding myself in agreement with i8 and it was a very worrying feeling 😟

😂😂

I'd be going very strong, we need to win these games to try and go into the summer with some positivity.  I'd play Haring in every game as he needs the minutes, I'd give Walker a start as he deserves it. Other than that as strong as possible and no one leaving in the summer should be involved, even from the bench. Kastaneer/Frear etc can be replaced with a youngster.

highlandjambo3
43 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not just me then 😉

Momentum is massive. Play boys that are in the plans next season. Kaastaneer etc not needed. White not needed. If Irvine isn't going to sign then you are better giving scott mcgill game time. The planning starts now. 

been here before
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

2014/2015 1.944

2015/2016 1.944

2016/2017 1.972

:rofl:

That particular horse bolted long ago as far as you're concerned.

**** lying down, even if it is to spite Raith Rovers and Dundee FC.

St Mirren did it 30-odd years ago, and they are still disgusting, cowardly, dishonourable cheats.  I would absolutely detest if we stooped anywhere near their level.

Edited by tian447

8 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If we won't blood youngsters now with the league won and up against Championship sides we are as well closing the academy for good.

100% 

If we can't give any academy players a start when we've won the league already playing against second tier opposition with no crowds then what's the point?

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I want to **** every team over the next 3 games. We need some sort of momentum going into next season. We need to establish the core of the team that is staying.

Re subs - give some youngsters a chance apart from Henderson, who should start each game. If Boyce is giving the laddie praise then let them try and build on that.

On 11/04/2021 at 19:52, davemclaren said:

I think the club will do what they feel is best for player/team ‘development’ for next season and don’t overly much care who gets the playoff places. 

I've changed my mind and agree with you now.  The coaches will know what they want to see in these last 3 games and will act accordingly.

Regardless of what we do, there will be lashings of misery to go round in these play-offs.  I hope Dundee are part of it.

portobellojambo1
On 11/04/2021 at 21:07, vegas-voss said:

I agree with this. To me it is too late in the season to start looking at things in depth. Bringing a couple of youngsters into the pool as potential subs sounds good. As for saying put out a weaker side when we play ICT my thoughts on that are I was and am only interested in us getting up, and don't care about who gets into the play off places.