Team Selection for Last games.

MR INCREDIBLE

MR INCREDIBLE

Does anyone else think we should play youngsters and fringe players v Inverness but strongest team possible v Raith.😜

I personally think play the strongest sides we can and win the three matches. Give the fringe players the minutes when we are 2 or 3 up. 

Edited by GinRummy

been here before
10 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Does anyone else think we should play youngsters and fringe players v Inverness but strongest team possible v Raith.😜

Nope.

St Mirren-esque type of behaviour.

8 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

That’s the suggestion of the year👍This auld yin is all for it, be a good chance to put outgoing players in the shop window and the young yins a chance to hone their skills.

22games nro
10 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

It’s a dilemma ,

with quite a few teams going for playoffs , I’d be happy to play a legends team against Caley, the other conundrum would be the raith game, if it meant Dundee losing out as they are neck and neck with Raith ,as much as I detest Raith for all their shenanigans I would prefer to hurt Dundee much harder ??

the Morton game - full strength and roger them. 

6B84B4CC-384C-46B5-970D-73C6C23CDD88.jpeg

19 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Me

A_A wehatethehibs

Keep the same team as Alloa. 0 changes. A management technique they used to use back in the Stone Age called: Dont change a winning team. 

davemclaren

I think the club will do what they feel is best for player/team ‘development’ for next season and don’t overly much care who gets the playoff places. 

Give Gordon, Boyce and Smith the rest of the season off. I’d have said Halkett too as he’s played about every minute of the season but he and Souttar need to build that understanding again.

Tell Henderson and McGill they will play the next 3 games so go out and play with no pressure. Maybe give Darge and Flatman some game time. 

Haring and McEneff need to stay together too as Friday was the first time in months we have controlled a midfield. 

The thing to do now is start preparing for next season. Players who will not be here next season should be dropped and youngsters given an opportunity. Anyone carrying injuries can be rested.

Even with a depleted squad we should win the remaining games, the wage bill of our players on the park will still exceed that of the opposition.

Ex member of the SaS

I would play the strongest possible team until we play Caley and hopefully get them into a play off spot. It would also hurt the others ( Dundee and RR ). Play the young guys and out going players once we are winning those games comfortably. Anything to help Caley get promotion gets my vote.

Jamboscanbevicius

All of the following would benefit from minutes, so need to play IMO:

- Souttar

- Haring

- Henderson

- Walker

- Stewart (if we’re keeping him)

- Logan (again if keeping him)

- McEneff

- GMS

Team just about picks itself at that. Maybe give Gordon, Boyce, Kingsley, Smith a wee rest by rotating.

14 minutes ago, jackal said:

Anything to shaft Dundee. Wonder if we could get the hologram back for a few games. 

🤣🤣🤣

Not averse to us taking it easy v. ICT and, as luck would have it, our players will probably feel the same.

I've always been for the three at the back system since Jeffries did that in the mid-90s. Yesterday they went with the system and it worked. There was width, depth and players getting forward more instead of hanging back in defensive midfield areas, and forwards not needing to drop back into midfield to try to get the ball moving. The players' looked far happier playing that way yesterday and it's the way they should go moving on to next season. They actually even looked like their confidence took a boost, it was less zonal, something i hate when players' are restricted to areas. Zonal stuff forces them to play at half pace as we've seen throughout the season, particularly with players' that thrive on movement.

We should go with the same team and set-up as Friday night, try to win all three games and build some momentum ahead of next season. We've had a shortened season anyway so we shouldn't need to rest players.

I've been trying to think of this season as an extra long pre-season before the real League starts in August. It's been a time to try out different systems and formations, some have worked, some haven't. Yesterday it did and it looked the best formation to go ahead with when proper football returns. Think of it as a 10 month football training camp.

This season has been fake, proven by Hibs being in third spot and Celtic and Aberdeen falling way short of the standards they set themselves. It all kicks off properly in August when (hopefully) fans are back in the stadiums, even if possibly with smaller numbers at first. Get this shite out the way, enjoy the Euros then get back to good old fashioned competitive football.

Batistuta87
3 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Absolutely. Wouldnt mind helping ICT into the playoffs by handing them 3pts then scudding Raith 😂

12 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Absolutely. Wouldnt mind helping ICT into the playoffs by handing them 3pts then scudding Raith 😂

The rage from Dundee and Raith would be epic.......😂😂...HHGH!!.

Nobody needs a rest, they have had 6 months off and a 27 game season.

Finish the season on a high, which is an unusual concept for us.

1 hour ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

All of the following would benefit from minutes, so need to play IMO:

- Souttar

- Haring

- Henderson

- Walker

- Stewart (if we’re keeping him)

- Logan (again if keeping him)

- McEneff

- GMS

Team just about picks itself at that. Maybe give Gordon, Boyce, Kingsley, Smith a wee rest by rotating.

I think those are the players that should be starting as well, maybe give McGill some minutes as well

____________Stewart

____Smith__Souttar__Halkett

Logan__McGill__Haring__Halliday

____________McEneff

___Gnanduillet__Henderson

give Walker and GMS minutes from the bench and swap in a young centre half for souttar if he’s too tired late on

14 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

____________Stewart

____Smith__Souttar__Halkett

Logan__McGill__Haring__Halliday

____________McEneff

___Gnanduillet__Henderson

give Walker and GMS minutes from the bench and swap in a young centre half for souttar if he’s too tired late on

No Boyce?

Bunny Munro

Same team as last night but have more youth options on the bench.

Do we have any players who need an appearance or two to get their medal. I remember Robbie playing Brad McKay and Kenny Anderson towards the end last time to make sure they qualified.

5 hours ago, jamboozy said:

That’s the suggestion of the year👍This auld yin is all for it, be a good chance to put outgoing players in the shop window and the young yins a chance to hone their skills.

Why would we do that ? Nobody in our squad that is not already out of contract is going to be given game time to try and sell them.

The sort of players we will be trying to offload would be Popescu, Damour and maybe Walker.

Probably best to hope some unsuspecting club just use Wyscout and Youtube videos which make the players look brilliant.

I agree that we should be giving a few of the youngsters a chance though.

Italian Lambretta

The person that picked the team against Alloa can do so again for the remaining games as it certainly wasn't the touchline scarecrow.

Gordon needs the games before the Euros so he should play - also Stewart just doesn't look good enough. One cross to deal with at Brora and he flapped to concede the winner with more errors against Queens. Harry Stone is doing well at Albion Rovers but I think he'll be loaned out for game time next season. We will need a back up for Gordon as Bobby/Doyle will be leaving.

Only 3 subs affects things as knocks, injuries, monitoring Soapy's return make it hard to guarantee time for young players. Those leaving like Popescu and Frear don't need to play (unless positional subs for injuries). Soapy may not play at Raith on the plastic pitch - it is a decent pitch for plastic though.

6 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

What youngsters do you suggest? 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Why would we do that ? Nobody in our squad that is not already out of contract is going to be given game time to try and sell them.

The sort of players we will be trying to offload would be Popescu, Damour and maybe Walker.

Probably best to hope some unsuspecting club just use Wyscout and Youtube videos which make the players look brilliant.

I agree that we should be giving a few of the youngsters a chance though.

It was sort of tongue in cheek Davy, sort of win-win situation where these guys could play and not harm us in the process, but as you say, wyscout etc, would be a better, socially distanced platform for their agents to show them off.

LarrysRightFoot
38 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Play absolutely nobody who is leaving in the summer.

I’d agree with that. It’s not like they could have a last run out in front of the fans. 

Gordon 

Halkett 

Smith             Soapy

Logan                            Halliday 

McEneff  Haring 

Boyce

Hendo  Gnando 

Why change it now?? 

3 hours ago, Sertse said:

Whatever hurts scumdee the most is the best option

This in spades and if it means throwing the points at ICT and Raith (spit!) then so be it!

3 hours ago, DC_92 said:

We should go with the same team and set-up as Friday night, try to win all three games and build some momentum ahead of next season. We've had a shortened season anyway so we shouldn't need to rest players.

This. One of the (very many) things wrong at the club since the start of the Budge era has been the shrug-of-the-shoulders, season’s over attitude which has been evident from the end of March onwards. There should be no let-up. If we aspire to ever becoming a club where excellence is the norm, then all the players should be busting a gut to win every match. And that includes the ICT game.

Play GMS and tell him straight “You have 3 games to prove you deserve to be at Hearts!”

5 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Keep the same team as Alloa. 0 changes. A management technique they used to use back in the Stone Age called: Dont change a winning team. 

Now there is a good suggestion, create good team consistency with players only changing if performance drops, injury or suspension until the end of the season

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

No Boyce?

I’d keep playing Boyce. He’s got a wee chance of hitting the 20 mark for the season. Deserves it. Without him and Gordon we probably wouldn’t be winning this league.

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Professionally we shouldn't, but be funny as **** If we did. 

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, MTS1874 said:

No changes for me, I want to see Hearts hammer, Morton, ICT and Raith.

This 

5 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

What youngsters do you suggest? 

Agree our youngsters are out on loan what other youngsters does the OP want to play

upgotheheads
11 hours ago, Arry said:

Me

And me. Perfectly reasonable to use remaining games to develop our squad, especially against ICT and Morton.

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, jackal said:

Anything to shaft Dundee. Wonder if we could get the hologram back for a few games. 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo😧

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Professionally we shouldn't, but be funny as **** If we did. 

Come in agent pereira. Hans eskilsson and Conor sammon up top. Kucharski at the back. Done.

8 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

" in goal for Hearts today, number 31, Euan Henderson!!"

Edited by Longbaws