We have the best academy in Scotland.

Bongo 1874

The “Levein is doing a fantastic job with the Academy” was last chance saloon for the Levein fanboys on here - as with the rest of their ramblings it was pure shite!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bongo 1874

• DH1986

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• soonbe110

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

Who takes credit for the sea of talent we’ve got coming through ?

These boys get picked up by local scouts, or by sending a email to the club for someone to come along and watch them 👍

What we then do with them is not my fault but make no mistake about it, we have good youth coming through. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

These boys get picked up by local scouts, or by sending a email to the club for someone to come along and watch them 👍

What we then do with them is not my fault but make no mistake about it, we have good youth coming through. 

So nobody from the club gets any credit for having all these good youth players coming through ?

Ok........

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That's what I thought about your opinion on Friday about Henderson when you said he wasn't good enough 😂, only for him five minutes later for him to turn into Lionel Henderson and prove you wrong, if anyone wants to have a look it's on the match day thread, Henderson was getting it tight Bongo backed him 😁 and he done this business 😉

Then you had Smith right boot saying a ken ma onions because I said Boyce is a player 😂😂 😂😂 mate just pipe it eh 😉

Henderson still isn't good enough imo, but the lad played well on Friday. 

This is your warning 🤣🤣🤣

You speak like you are some kind of authority or strategist. When in reality you're just white noise. 

Ann will not listen to you, no one from Hearts will. 

You've lost all credibility when you said cathro inherited a mess from Robbie. You are rabid. 

Absolute joker who is always looking for an angle to have a go at the club in some way. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

So nobody from the club gets any credit for having all these good youth players coming through ?

Ok........

Every thing he says is ridiculous or contradictory. 

Bad things - Ann, Robbie out, Stendel in. 

Good things - nothing to do with these folk. 

Guy is constantly all over the place just to slag CL, Robbie, Anne and ultimately in his praise for Stendel. 

It's like two different folk are posting for him half the time. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Henderson still isn't good enough imo, but the lad played well on Friday. 

This is your warning 🤣🤣🤣

You speak like you are some kind of authority or strategist. When in reality you're just white noise. 

Ann will not listen to you, no one from Hearts will. 

You've lost all credibility when you said cathro inherited a mess from Robbie. You are rabid. 

Absolute joker who is always looking for an angle to have a go at the club in some way. 

Cathro did inherit a mess, the plan was to bring through youth within the club with Neilson here? Neilson signed foreign player after foreign player? He hardly used youth? Who did he bring through that went on to cement a place in the Hearts team?. 

Cathro followed it up by doing the same while Levein sat back in his cushy role and watched?. 

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The “Levein is doing a fantastic job with the Academy” was last chance saloon for the Levein fanboys on here - as with the rest of their ramblings it was pure shite!

Well if we have these potential greats on the cusp of making it.....someone was doing a fantastic job.

I think we need to know who....just so can ensure he/she is cleared of any future abuse.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Cathro did inherit a mess, the plan was to bring through youth within the club with Neilson here? Neilson signed foreign player after foreign player? He hardly used youth? Who did he bring through that went on to cement a place in the Hearts team?. 

Cathro followed it up by doing the same while Levein sat back in his cushy role and watched?. 

A Hearts team that finished 3rd after promotion and was in 2nd place - a mess. 

Put the glue doon.

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Ok........

I've just told you these players are picked up by local scouts or by emailing the club to get someone to watch them 😂

What we then do with these players, is out of my control but what I would say, I find it hard to believe that these players aren't good enough when i can name 5 right now that are playing a level above us. 

This is just facts whether you like it or not. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What mess did Cathro inherit?

We were less than 3 years into a complete overhaul of the academy ffs. The first academy youngster to  get any real game time since coming back up was Cochrane and he’d only been at the club for a couple of years.

What youth players in that first Neilson period did we not give any game time to that we should have ?

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

A Hearts team that finished 3rd after promotion and was in 2nd place - a mess. 

Put the glue doon.

You are Deflecting from the question I've put to you?. 

Yes Neilson did finish 3rd first season back he gets credit for that, but at the same time the league was the worst i had seen in a long time, and Derek mcinnes finished ahead of him. 

As for second he can't be judged on that as he never stayed the full season, and Aberdeen had two games in hand which they won, and it put us 3rd. 

Overall he never left much for Cathro to build on the recruitment was terrible, we had rherras playing left back and he was right footed, when rherras was out injured he put Liam Smith over to left back ohh the nightmares, play the young man in the position he is good in 🤔

What was Robbie's answer to left back Juwon?. 

I've just told you these players are picked up by local scouts or by emailing the club to get someone to watch them 😂

What we then do with these players, is out of my control but what I would say, I find it hard to believe that these players aren't good enough when i can name 5 right now that are playing a level above us. 

This is just facts whether you like it or not. 

But someone at the club has surely taken the time to chase up these scout reports and emails and judge if they’re good enough to join our academy?

And then from that point to the point where you are telling us about this tidal wave of great youth on the verge of making it......nobody at the club has done anything to merit a wee well done ?

Not even the guy who set up the relationships with the scouts ?

There must be someone I can congratulate?

I think it’s amazing we have the best youth academy in the country and we’ve done no work to get it to that prestigious level.

Its quite an achievement imo.

5 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

What mess did Cathro inherit?

We were less than 3 years into a complete overhaul of the academy ffs. The first academy youngster to  get any real game time since coming back up was Cochrane and he’d only been at the club for a couple of years.

What youth players in that first Neilson period did we not give any game time to that we should have ?

Just look at the team Cathro took over 😂? We didn't even have a left footed player in the team 😂it was so unbalanced it was crazy, and when we did sign a left footer Robbie Muirhead it was an attacking player 🙈

Liam Smith was a player now playing at a level above Robbie had him playing out of position to give Dr Funk a game, when he could of played patty right midfield with Liam Smith at right back, instead he played Nicholson on the right with bauben playing left wing, now bauben isn't a left winger?. 

Liam Gordon was let go, Holt, Robinson? All these players could of played a part but we decided to bring in more foreign players?. 

That's why when it came to Derbys hibs had the beating of us?. 

Cummings?. 

The list goes on and on. 

Harry paton?. 

Josh Doig? 

Jamie Gullan?. 

6 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I think it’s amazing we have the best youth academy in the country and we’ve done no work to get it to that prestigious level.

Its quite an achievement imo.

Best in terms of potential and ability, unfortunately ruined when taken on by current structure, system coaches / management. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Just look at the team Cathro took over 😂? We didn't even have a left footed player in the team 😂it was so unbalanced it was crazy, and when we did sign a left footer Robbie Muirhead it was an attacking player 🙈

Liam Smith was a player now playing at a level above Robbie had him playing out of position to give Dr Funk a game, when he could of played patty right midfield with Liam Smith at right back, instead he played Nicholson on the right with bauben playing left wing, now bauben isn't a left winger?. 

Liam Gordon was let go, Holt, Robinson? All these players could of played a part but we decided to bring in more foreign players?. 

Cummings?. 

The list goes on and on. 

Harry paton?. 

Josh Doig? 

Jamie Gullan?. 

How many of these did Neilson let go ? 

Cummings left Hearts in 2012.....we can’t blame CL or RN for that....surely ?

Holt has been a real joe average and Robinson has had one good year. He was rotten and ended up at East Fife ffs. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Best in terms of potential and ability, unfortunately ruined when taken on by current structure, system coaches / management. 

So we don’t have any sea of talent coming through ? I’m so confused.

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Who are the best prospects at the academy Bongo and what ages are they?

With proper management, are there any that could potentially break into the first team next season?

Berra than you
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Neilson played him out of position so that he could play our best player? What are you talking about? The scenario you have presented for what Robbie could have done would still involve someone our of position.

Bazzas right boot
26 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You are Deflecting from the question I've put to you?. 

Yes Neilson did finish 3rd first season back he gets credit for that, but at the same time the league was the worst i had seen in a long time, and Derek mcinnes finished ahead of him. 

As for second he can't be judged on that as he never stayed the full season, and Aberdeen had two games in hand which they won, and it put us 3rd. 

Overall he never left much for Cathro to build on the recruitment was terrible, we had rherras playing left back and he was right footed, when rherras was out injured he put Liam Smith over to left back ohh the nightmares, play the young man in the position he is good in 🤔

What was Robbie's answer to left back Juwon?. 

A Hearts team 2nd in the league -  a mess 😂😂😂

There are no questions there, just ramblings. 

Hopefully we're "a mess" again next season 👍

10 hours ago, FERRY HEARTS said:

Took the words right out my mouth  Soon be !  Cracking post wehate 👍

My favourite post in ages 🤣🤣

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good post. 
I would say that the youngsters all started back in August with the rest of the squad and Neilson played guys like McGill/Cochrane/Moore/Brandon/Henderson and decided to go with experienced players. His choice to sign 13 players and restrict the chances for young guys, he decided they weren’t good enough. 
Moore has over a year left on his contract, like a few others being told you’re free to go and them actually leaving is a different thing altogether. Guys like Damour are still costing us a fortune and unfortunately things like that will mean although he’s gone Levein still haunts the club. 
Oh and his defensive disciple also. 

They didn’t all start back in august. We were testing in August and we had a limited number allowed in the first team bubble. It was operating on a one in one out basis ie if someone got injured or if we signed someone then a player could come into the squad or go out of the squad. It really limited the young boys chances to train When not in the first team squad for training back in the August, September timeframe the Smiths, Logan’s, McGills were allowed one training session a week usually on a Friday night in groups of 6. Even in first team squad they were split into groups of six initially for training. There were no friendlies at youth or reserve level. They only really started to get integrated to an extent when we stopped testing in October because there was no requirement to for the championship teams. As a result the young guys were not ready for first team opportunities as they hadn’t played any competitive football since early March 2020. Been a really tough year for all these young guys. For a while the closest they were getting to a game of football was as ball boys at home games.  

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Absolutely, yet they continue to spout shite even now, it’s unbelievable they think they have any credibility. I remember a couple of years ago these posters in packs aggressively attacking anyone questioning Levein, Budge, look at where they are now. Just a few really sad individuals who can’t accept how wrong they have been

Edited by HMFC 86

32 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Who are the best prospects at the academy Bongo and what ages are they?

With proper management, are there any that could potentially break into the first team next season?

Yes Cochrane, Smith, Logan, Hamilton, Watson, McGill, Mcdonald, should of all been given a chance this season. 

Callum flatman coming through and Harry Stone if you want ages, @Footballfirstis your guy.

36 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Neilson played him out of position so that he could play our best player? What are you talking about? The scenario you have presented for what Robbie could have done would still involve someone our of position.

Nicholson should of been switched to left midfield a position he can play?, with Paterson right midfield and Liam Smith right back simple but effective 👍

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yes Cochrane, Smith, Logan, Hamilton, Watson, McGill, Mcdonald, should of all been given a chance this season. 

Callum flatman coming through and Harry Stone if you want ages, @Footballfirstis your guy.

MacDonald? 

Berra than you
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nicholson should of been switched to left midfield a position he can play?, with Paterson right midfield and Liam Smith right back simple but effective 👍

For what it's worth Liam Smith was good with both feet and performed well at left back. I get your points about some players we have let go performing at a level above hearts. But a hearts team performing where it should do, these players wouldn't get a game. So I don't see the decision to let these players go as poor, it's what we have brought in that's not been good enough 

Edited by Berra than you

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Looked into it this week and the youth narrative is a wee bit of a busted hand tbh. Seems to be a bit of a podcast meme that doesn’t properly add up in reality. 

End of the day it has always been the case that from 10-15 youths that gets whittled down to 2 or 3 making it to the first team squads. OP appears to follow the academy so you should know that. Go back however far you want. The one time we were forced to play an entire youth team under Locke in 13-14 with Dylan McGowans and Kevin mchatties etc Hearts literally could not compete, Locke went 20 odd games without a win mid season, we got relegated, and would have been in a relegation battle and still bottom even without the points deduction. In the end, from that crop, only Walker, Paterson and Nicholson made it into an actual Hearts team that was up to Hearts standards and finished 3rd in the league.

These players today who are out at Montrose or Cove Rangers need to really skyrocket to go from that level up to Hearts first team, you can look back all through history and you’ll see that most of the time, they don’t. But this season in particular the kids are at an even bigger disadvantage as they are all way way off the game time levels they need. Covid has been a real spanner in the works. How can folk slate the club when the normal progression from U20s to reserves to first team hasn’t even been operational for a year? These kids haven’t even played reserve games till now? They need to get those 10-15 games which they’ll hopefully get now. So we’ll see pre season, but the only names on OPs list there who I’m optimistic about are Logan and Henderson. The rest, I am calling it now, none of them will be playing any games in the Hearts Premiership first team next season. Maybe either Cochrane or Smith, if Irving leaves. Even if we changed the manager it’d be the same. The pressure to win and get above Hibs next season and get to the latter stages of cups, is absolutely immense. And we also actually have a bit of a transfer war chest too, with the large amount of dross that’s getting slashed off the wage bill.  

From the last crop it was whittled down to Brandon, Irving, Henderson. A few like Leonard, Morrison, Doig and others chose to leave in search of football or a different path into pro level. Others like Moore weren’t good enough and were let go. 1 was sold for 7 figures and that bankrolls the whole academy for a few more seasons. Yes we’ve not given very many debuts which is disappointing at surface level, but these things do go in cycles as OP will know from his stellar knowledge of youth football. You’ll have a season where there’s a lot of debuts then the next few years it gets whittled down as you sort wheat from the chaff. Next crop will be similar. Great to see the U18s are back playing, I’m sure a number of them will have great careers to look forward to. Maybe 1 of them could even be on to bigger things and english Premier etc. But the vast 90% majority won’t. If there’s any more than 3-4 youth players age 20 or under in a matchday squad of 18 players, I would say we’re doing pretty well. 20% matchday squad representation would be 3-4 academy players under the age of say 23. I think that’s a very decent aim and if you look at the facts we’ve actually been pretty close to that this season, a pity McGill hasn’t got more games but how good is he really? Is he a better player than Haring Mceneff Irving and Halliday? 

Maybe you would advocate that 20% squad levels to be say 30%. That would be 6 academy U23s out of the matchday 18 players. I actually agree with that, but would say maybe it would just be an age thing rather than just academy. We need to be signing more 20-21 year old players as well. Thats something we’ve not done. But the main thing, our overall squad age has been too high. I think that is achievable and what I’d be wanting as well  But that would have to be a long term thing to manage. And it would be very ambitious to get consistently to Europe while doing it. Because the fact is, not every kid is particularly good. A lot of them just aren’t. We can sign better quality players than them. Mceneff vs Irving, case in point. Mceneff is pushing for full international caps for his country. Irving will likely never get a cap. So what, we have to just not sign anyone and play Irving? That’s where it gets difficult. 

If Cochrane and Smith were not attached to hearts, they were just 20 year old Cove/ Montrose players. Would you be advocating for Hearts to go and buy them for next season from these clubs, for Hearts first team? Talking shite if you say yes tbh 

Next season i hope to see 2 or 3 more of them into the squad as the likes of White Berra and others move on. But I expect signings as well. A shame none of these kids are a top Center half as we could really use an 18 year old version of Berra to come through now.  That would be very handy. Next season there will hopefully be a full pre season, youth season and reserves season underway and we will be in a position to give a couple of debuts, if a few of the u18 lads look ready. 

Neilson is a long way away from putting that cup exit right. He’s at the bottom of Mount Everest in fact. But we got the promotion job done and avoided the disaster of failing to get up first time of asking as happened with other “biggest clubs in the division” of previous years. So it’s basically time to move on. Maybe he’s at base camp of Mount Everest now. A mammoth task ahead for him to recover, and that’s without of forcing him to have to play an absurd number of 10-15 kids next season. That won’t be happening and it doesn’t matter who the manager is. That’ll never happen. 

And if you want to discuss what’s happened to Irving as well, that is pretty obvious to me. Peter Haring has got back to fitness, he is now only 70-80% back to his best and he is better than Irving. Mceneff has come in to the club and he is better than Irving in terms of his pedigree, experience, pace, athleticism. Took some games to get up to speed but showed what he’s about now. Fact is Irving should be signing on, and looking to be Peter Harings shadow and start to copy all these wee tricks Haring plays, traps he sets and the way he skids the ball about. Irving can be that good if he has the patience to be a sponge, he’s only 20 so next season is ideal for him to turn 21, then on to 22 you’d think it’s perfect progression for him. But he isn’t going to be a certain starter or on big money. That’s not “ruining” him that’s just having better players than him and setting high standards for him to reach which at this time, Irving, looking back to the last 2 years under 3 managers, he just hasn’t got there yet. Nowhere near. And those standards I expect to be even higher next season as my expectation is for a Djoum type athletic power house midfielder to come into the engine room as well.

As for Doig well to be honest, I’m not going to use him as a stick to beat Neilson and Savage with. Neither of them was at Hearts when he was let go. We have already binned the man who was responsible. Folk need to understand that Craig Levein is gone from Hearts. The first step in recovery from Levein, was to get back promoted. That’s only the starting line. So folk need to start to move on from going over every single cock up the man made, there are literally hundreds. And though Doig was let go, we did still get 7 figures for Hickey so it’s not all bad. Give Savage and Neilson their first chance in the Premiership, that’s what we will do now. And if you don’t like that cancel your dd and stay away till budge and her appointees savage and Neilson are all gone. 

So the short version of the above. It’s right to have high hopes for the academy. But the first team bar is high and needs to go way way up next season. 

Good Post. 

In fact, fabby post. 

Thread should be closed as it is all that needs to be said. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So what you're saying is our Academy IS producing players? confused.com.

I'd like an answer from Neilson why we didn't play more kids. I'm going to guess he wanted old heads and the pandemic played a part in terms of not being able to assess them properly pre-season so he sent them out on loan. But be good to know the reason.

Did other teams our size play kids much this year? Hibs played Doig. I don't see many other big breakthroughs. The Rangers FB maybe.

Obviously if you're willing to look for positives we have given time to lots of kids over the last 6 years and some, like Paterson, Hickey, Walker  and Nicolson did very well with us and other teams, and others like Holt and Liam Smith, eventually found their feet with another club in the Premiership.

So it's not necessarily the dismal picture being painted here. There are valid questions around this season though as I think we all expected it to be more like 14/15 when we had a great mix of youth and experience.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Mr Brightside
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Cummings?. 

The list goes on and on. 

Harry paton?. 

Josh Doig? 

Jamie Gullan?. 

How many of these players are playing for top 4 teams or likely to be playing for top 4 teams. Only Doig, and he is still young.

They might be playing above us now but are not playing at the level we want to be at.

Footballfirst

What looked to be our best bet of a golden generation was the 2001 and 2002s

2001 - Hamilton, Cochrane, McDonald, Leonard, Sandison, Ritchie

2002 - Stone, Logan, Grigor, McGill, Doig, Smith, Strang, Lawler, Ward + 2 or 3 others who didn't get contracts

2003 - Spratt, King, Schiavone, Darge, Watson, Docherty, Denholm

2004 - McFarlane, Gordon, Flatman, Aitken, Kirk

2005 - Hambrook, Allen, Tait

Of those I have listed in the 2001/02 age groups, more that half of those have already left the club. Usually, you would expect more youngsters with a chance of making it at the younger age groups, but there appears to me a dearth of players that look to be significantly better than their own age group, which is one of the first things you are likely to take as an indicator of players with a decent chance.

The 2004s and 2005s are still young enough for others to come through as late developers so all isn't lost.

I still can’t believe we have the best academy in Scotland with a sea of talent coming through and there is nobody to thank for thIs sterling work.....but then it really isn’t coming through because of club management.....which in my book means the academy is far from the best in Scotland......

Cant beat a wee Sunday teaser.

16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No Anthony Mcdonald. 

In the previous two seasons he only managed about 15 appearances spread across us, ICT and Dunfermline. Both of them were in the Championship and he couldn’t hold down a first team place.  There is absolutely no basis for your assertion that he should have been given first team opportunities with us this season. Add also the fact that he left us p, his choice, before our league season started. 

29 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

For what it's worth Liam Smith was good with both feet and performed well at left back. I get your points about some players we have let go performing at a level above hearts. But a hearts team performing where it should do, these players wouldn't get a game. So I don't see the decision to let these players go as poor, it's what we have brought in that's not been good enough 

Disagree Liam Smith was never a left back and I have evidence to prove he was never comfortable at left back, 

https://youtu.be/dUVWqsXoUqA

Dundee third goal

happens with Smith giving away a free kick in the left back area because he isn't naturally left footed resulting in a goal in the 93rd minute a common theme between Neilson, Cathro, and Levein. 

Smith was also booked. 

A game under Robbie's tenure were both Liam Smith and Jordan mcghee during the game switched from right back to left back none being left footed 😂

Jordan mcghee under Robbie Neilson giving away a pen why because he isn't playing in his natural position he's right footed. 

But ultimately why is he playing at left back?. 

We ruin youth players 👍

Edited by Bongo 1874

20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Did other teams our size play kids much this year? Hibs played Doig. I don't see many other big breakthroughs. The Rangers FB maybe.

There has been literally no youth or reserve football In Scotland for over a year

even training sessions for younger age groups have been at a minimum 

a lot of things can be thrown at Hearts front door, but not playing enough youngsters during a pandemic isn’t one of them

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Disagree Liam Smith was never a left back and I have evidence to prove he was never comfortable at left back, 

https://youtu.be/dUVWqsXoUqA

Dundee third goals happens with Smith giving away a free kick in the left back area because he isn't naturally left footed resulting in a goal in the 93 Rd minute a common theme between Neilson, Cathro, and Levein. 

A game under Robbie's tenure were both Liam Smith and Jordan mcghee during the game switched from right back to left back none being left footed 😂

Jordan mcghee under Robbie Neilson giving away a pen why because he isn't playing in his natural position he's right footed. 

But ultimately why is he playing at left back?. 

We ruin youth players 👍

You can't blame Mcghee being played out of position, by Neilson, on him deciding to handball it for no reason. 

13 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

In the previous two seasons he only managed about 15 appearances spread across us, ICT and Dunfermline. Both of them were in the Championship and he couldn’t hold down a first team place.  There is absolutely no basis for your assertion that he should have been given first team opportunities with us this season. Add also the fact that he left us p, his choice, before our league season started. 

Yeah had injuries but was told by Neilson he wasn't going to get game time 👍

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The 2004s and 2005s are still young enough for others to come through as late developers so all isn't lost.

I know we’ve exchanged a few post about the 04s and that there were 3 Hutchie boys in last Friday’s U18 team. These boys have only come on the scene since December. Knowing some of the folk there, apparently there had been attempts to play games between Hearts and HV 04 equivalents before but Hearts hadn’t been that interested apparently. Funny that once it does happen all of a sudden 3 boys appear (and I know another HV boy who played in the match in December has signed for another team). 

sounds like something is amiss in the scouting network, I wonder if there are other kids playing BC which a bit potential who are getting missed. 

Just now, fast_blood said:

You can't blame Mcghee being played out of position, by Neilson, on him deciding to handball it for no reason. 

Oh my word how can you not he's playing in a position he isn't comfortable in, due to bad recruitment 🙈

20 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

How many of these players are playing for top 4 teams or likely to be playing for top 4 teams. Only Doig, and he is still young.

They might be playing above us now but are not playing at the level we want to be at.

What level we at the now?. 

And have we replaced them with better?. 

Bad recruitment is to blame for young player punching a ball above his head 🤣

Edited by DH1986

27 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So what you're saying is our Academy IS producing players? confused.com.

I'd like an answer from Neilson why we didn't play more kids. I'm going to guess he wanted old heads and the pandemic played a part in terms of not being able to assess them properly pre-season so he sent them out on loan. But be good to know the reason.

Obviously if you're willing to look for positives we have given time to lots of kids over the last 6 years and some, like Paterson, Hickey, Walker  and Nicolson did very well with us and other teams, and others like Holt and Liam Smith, eventually found their feet with another club in the Premiership.

So it's not necessarily the dismal picture being painted here. There are valid questions around this season though as I think we all expected it to be more like 14/15 when we had a great mix of youth and experience.

Out of the 6 you just mentioned how much did we receive in fees, and did we get what they were really worth?. 

Yeah had injuries but was told by Neilson he wasn't going to get game time 👍

That’s what managers have to tell players that aren’t good enough. 

Oh my word how can you not he's playing in a position he isn't comfortable in, due to bad recruitment 🙈

I actually cannot take you seriously anymore. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

That’s what managers have to tell players that aren’t good enough. 

Yeah he wasn't as good as Frear and Roberts, and Mackay Steven right 🤔🙄

Berra than you
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah he wasn't as good as Frear and Roberts, and Mackay Steven right 🤔🙄

No, he actually wasn’t. He did nothing apart from a couple of nice moments when he was given the chance. He went on loan and did nothing. He came back and still wasn’t good enough, so he wasn’t good enough.