***Official Hearts Review of the Season 2020/21 Thread***

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Now we know how everything ends up, it's as good a time as any to start this.

Best result of the season: 2-1 AET against Hibs in last year's cup semi, that was so ****ing pleasing. FTH.

Player of the season: Can't choose between Craig Gordon and Liam Boyce, they're the only two who've performed all season like they deserved to be at the top end of the Premiership where we belong.

Young player of the season: Slim pickings, which is no surprise without a reserve league. Andy Irving had a decent run, but his contact situation and performances haven't cut it recently. I'm going for Euan Henderson - the jury's still out, but he's a hard-working guy and he did very well last night.

Goal of the season: Very hard to decide, we've scored a lot of beauties when we haven't been picking them out of our own net. I've hardly ever cheered a Hearts goal as much as our third against Celtic, though.

Highlight of the season: Getting the job done and getting out of this shitty league. Closely followed by our 2019/20 Scottish Cup performances and our fans' support for Robbo and Inverness.

Worst result of the season: Brora was a historic low, but it meant next to nothing beyond the embarrassment. Losing to Alloa in the League Cup was more significant, it denied us a big chance to compete for a cup, but it's the manner of that Celtic defeat after an outstanding performance which will stay with me longest.

Disappointment of the season: That Celtic final.

Unsung hero: Last night showed that John Souttar and Peter Haring are hugely important to Hearts, and they've both spent 20/21 working hard to get back from injury hell and into the team. That deserves recognition, it's great to have them back.

Kalamazoo Jambo

😄🙂🙂:verymad:🙂🙂😄🙂🙂:verymad:🙂:verymad:🙂🙂🙂😑😑😑🙂🙂😑:verymad:😑😄

(league only, cups not worth even thinking about)

All I have to say is it's been a guff season and if I had to not been in a stadium for any season I'm glad it's this one, but at least it's job done in terms of promotion.

On 10/04/2021 at 17:22, tartofmidlothian said:

Best result of the season: 2-1 AET against Hibs in last year's cup semi, that was so ****ing pleasing. FTH.

Player of the season: Can't choose between Craig Gordon and Liam Boyce, they're the only two who've performed all season like they deserved to be at the top end of the Premiership where we belong.

Young player of the season: Slim pickings, which is no surprise without a reserve league. Andy Irving had a decent run, but his contact situation and performances haven't cut it recently. I'm going for Euan Henderson - the jury's still out, but he's a hard-working guy and he did very well last night.

Goal of the season: Very hard to decide, we've scored a lot of beauties when we haven't been picking them out of our own net. I've hardly ever cheered a Hearts goal as much as our third against Celtic, though.

Highlight of the season: Getting the job done and getting out of this shitty league. Closely followed by our 2019/20 Scottish Cup performances and our fans' support for Robbo and Inverness.

Worst result of the season: Brora was a historic low, but it meant next to nothing beyond the embarrassment. Losing to Alloa in the League Cup was more significant, it denied us a big chance to compete for a cup, but it's the manner of that Celtic defeat after an outstanding performance which will stay with me longest.

Unsung hero: Last night showed that John Souttar and Peter Haring are hugely important to Hearts, and they've both spent 20/21 working hard to get back from injury hell and into the team. That deserves recognition, it's great to have them back.

Surely losing to Brora denied us a big chance to compete for a cup in exactly the same way as the Alloa defeat did? A bigger cup at that.

Beating Hibs at Hampden, again, was the highlight for me. 

They've went on to have a decent season but that derby defeat haunts them which gives me a wee glow of pleasure and satisfaction.

Girfuy ya Hibs scum.

As we sang as we left Boghead after clinching promotion in 1983: "Hibees, Hibees here we come..."

Brace yourselves ya emailing feckers.

Nookie Bear
4 minutes ago, leginten said:

Surely losing to Brora denied us a big chance to compete for a cup in exactly the same way as the Alloa defeat did? A bigger cup at that.

And an opportunity to repeat the Best Result, Goal of the Season and one of the Season Highlights the OP lists.

Euan Henderson as Young Player of the Season speaks volumes as well.

Bloody good shout on the Unsung Heroes though.

indianajones
On 10/04/2021 at 17:22, tartofmidlothian said:

Best result: Hibs semi. Instant karma for those shitehawks after a blatant dive for their penalty. 

Player of season: Toss up between Craig Gordon and Liam Boyce. I'd probably go for Boyce. 

Young player: Would have to be Andy Irving. Only real constant even though he hasn't been that great really. 

Goal of season: Struggling to think of ones but Kingsley on the opening day sticks out. 

Highlight of season: Spending less time in the Championship than Hibs despite being relegated more times.

Worst result: Brora. Should've been the end of our coaching team. Somehow still here. 

Disappointment of the season: Total lackluster football and struggling to be excited about my club. 

Unsung hero: Us. The fans. We put up with a lot of pish! 

Edit: Just realised that is an extremely depressing read. Sums it up really! 

Edited by indianajones

6 minutes ago, martoon said:

Beating Hibs at Hampden, again, was the highlight for me. 

They've went on to have a decent season but that derby defeat haunts them which gives me a wee glow of pleasure and satisfaction.

Girfuy ya Hibs scum.

As we sang as we left Boghead after clinching promotion in 1983: "Hibees, Hibees here we come..."

Brace yourselfves ya emailing feckers.

A Seafield-type stench is already emanating from the Lochend area.

3 minutes ago, leginten said:

A Seafield-type stench is already emanating from the Lochend area.

Seafielders love the smell on their doorstep.

Blocks out the Lochend whiff.

tartofmidlothian
4 hours ago, leginten said:

Just that if we'd got past Alloa, other results meant we would have had a really good chance in the LC, up against the likes of Livvy and St Johnstone. Still most of the big teams to potentially get past after Brora, though.

The season ends up as a "Job done" with the Hampden games the main highlights along with six off McPake's rabble.  After the Final there seemed to be a concentration lapse as we appeared under no real threat in the league. A challenge from any team might have given us more focus, but promotion was achieved comfortably. Brora/Alloa in the cups were obviously dreadful. Then again, St Mirren beat Rangers in the League Cup QF but didn't make the final (too bad!).

Put politely we have some 'room for improvement' but Gordon, Boyce, Souttar and M Smith give us a good start for a team with Haring, Kingsley, Nando and Gino (probably) good enough around them.  Henderson  & McEneff may develop too. 

12 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Just that if we'd got past Alloa, other results meant we would have had a really good chance in the LC, up against the likes of Livvy and St Johnstone. Still most of the big teams to potentially get past after Brora, though.

Well one of them is going out at the weekend so just as big an opportunity missed. And we don’t have the chance to knock out Hibs (whilst worrying that they may pull off a cup shock). Brora result was about so much more than just the embarrassment. 

sandylejambo

biggest disappointment is realizing that the board of directors don't give a flying **** about what the fans of HMFC want, it's what they want and we the fans can **** 0**