Absolute Scenes

Absolute Scenes

Over the summer, we shift deadwood, smaller senior team, Henderson and maybe Cammy Logan step up into senior team Players like GMS, Souttar, Kingsley get up to speed, we keep our strong core, McEneff continues to thrive and stabilise his posits in the centre of midfield, Boyce and nando grow into their partnership. We kick off the season like we did with levein and get off to a flyer. Robbie has us playing strong attacking football, to players strengths, into their correct position. We play like a team that has confidence and a team that knows their the 3/4 biggest in Scotland. Do we keep Robbie? A lot of big ifs in there I know...

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Scottie Wanshot.

• Drumjambo

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

merseyjambo

Hopefully Chris Hamilton and Connor Smith can get into the equation as well. 

Would like to see Hamilton in middle with Haring and McEneff in a free role

Robbie can GTF

Edited by merseyjambo

Noooooooooio.dont fall into the same rut.if neilson stays it will be groundhog day over and over.ok you've done what you were employed to do and got us back.but no way in the world the man to take us forward.

Yesterday did give some positives. Albeit versus a poor Alloa that let you play football. 

Souttar, Logan improve the team instantly. 

It doesn’t matter for some of the support. If we did that and then went on to win the Champions League there’d still be some claiming he should be sacked because we conceded a goal in the final. 

lost in space

No, burnt his boats.

Bad enough blaming pitch, ref, wind and everybody else but when he tries to down-play the worst results in our history + play crap football + ignore youths + sign crap players he is not going to recover.

To then have a go at pundits and then fans shows his true lack of class and common sense.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yesterday did give some positives. Albeit versus a poor Alloa that let you play football. 

Souttar, Logan improve the team instantly. 

Biggest positive is how good we play without GMS and Naismith in the starting line up. GMS imo isn't good enough and Naismith spends more time shouting at his team mates than playing football. Maybe Naisy would be better as a coach?

Robbie neilson is not the best manager we could get. I can’t understand why anyone couldn’t see that. Any scenario where he does well would see us do better with a better manager. It’s as simple as that. 

I don't doubt the calibre of the squad, I doubt the calibre of the management, he is so bloody boring and negative, players have started 95 percent of games this season looking like they have been woken up 5 minutes prior. 

We need a winner in, you look at Neilson and I can guarantee we go to places like Kilmarnock and St Mirren and just roll over.

Boyces beard

I think he will be forced out at some point, might not be this month or even this year, but once you lose the fan base its inevitable you will eventualy lose your job.

He has started top tier seasons quite well with us, League Cup and European exits notwithstanding. But the positive start fizzles out when the going gets tough. It wouldn’t surprise me to see us win a few games under him at the beginning of next season. The turgid, lifeless, directionless stuff would be waiting for us just after the first setbacks, though.

Someone at Tynecastle managed to get a tune out of that demotivated, disaffected squad last night. But it’s a massive leap to hope that a bunch of players Neilson habitually sends out looking as if they’d rather be anywhere else than on a football pitch will be bouncing around full of the joys in July/August.

Keeping him on is just negligence on Budge’s part.

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Over the summer, we shift deadwood, smaller senior team, Henderson and maybe Cammy Logan step up into senior team Players like GMS, Souttar, Kingsley get up to speed, we keep our strong core, McEneff continues to thrive and stabilise his posits in the centre of midfield, Boyce and nando grow into their partnership. We kick off the season like we did with levein and get off to a flyer. Robbie has us playing strong attacking football, to players strengths, into their correct position. We play like a team that has confidence and a team that knows their the 3/4 biggest in Scotland. Do we keep Robbie? A lot of big ifs in there I know...

robbie s a dead man walking ,

Just now, troy said:

robbie s a dead man walking ,

Might not stop us flogging a dead horse for a ridiculously long time. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Last night was a good performance with a great result however they have been few and far between. Possibly only the Dundee, Hibs, Celtic, Raith and Alloa games have had anywhere near the performance I was hoping. I appreciate we were never going to beat every team by multiple goals but we struggle to break down any team that sits back. 

I don’t agree with a lot on here who hurl abuse at Neilson & Budge but I do think they need to be thanked for what they’ve done and moved on.

Lone Striker
4 minutes ago, jambo3tevie said:

I think he will be forced out at some point, might not be this month or even this year, but once you lose the fan base its inevitable you will eventualy lose your job.

I understand what you're saying - but the OP's scenario is  challenging the Robbie haters  (which is probably NOT everyone) to voice their opinion.  IF (a big if)   Robbie gets us playing decent football with decent results next season (having recruited and promoted wisely over the summer), you're going to demand his head due to a few months of guff in the Championship which didn't impact on us winning it ?     Seriously ?

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I mean... Yes!

But how likely is the actual question, along with is that scenario more likely with another manager such as Neil?

I'd say not very and yes.

Look if your scenario played out, beautiful, and certainly where I was only 2/3 weeks or so ago.

Robbo-Jambo
26 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Robbie neilson is not the best manager we could get. I can’t understand why anyone couldn’t see that. Any scenario where he does well would see us do better with a better manager. It’s as simple as that. 

Exactly this. 

Neilson will not take us anywhere in the SPL. 

The thought of him having another transfer window gives me the fear. 

Boyces beard

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

I understand what you're saying - but the OP's scenario is  challenging the Robbie haters  (which is probably NOT everyone) to voice their opinion.  IF (a big if)   Robbie gets us playing decent football with decent results next season (having recruited and promoted wisely over the summer), you're going to demand his head due to a few months of guff in the Championship which didn't impact on us winning it ?     Seriously ?

If Robbie has us winning matches in the prem and has us at the top end of the table he should keep his job regardless of who he signs or what style of football he chooses to play. However it is my opinion that he won't be able to win over enough Hearts fans to make his position tenable in the long term.

The chances that Neilson would have us playing positive football are absolutely zero.

He's a Negative Nancy and will never change.  And that's the reason why people want him gone.

If the club announced his resignation tomorrow it would be the biggest result of the season bar none.

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, jambo3tevie said:

If Robbie has us winning matches in the prem and has us at the top end of the table he should keep his job regardless of who he signs or what style of football he chooses to play. However it is my opinion that he won't be able to win over enough Hearts fans to make his position tenable in the long term.

Ok fair comment - except its not the fans who employ him. Its the HMFC Board, and AB in particular (currently).   If he's got us doing well in the league, they (and she) will not even consider sacking him.   "Winning the fans over"  is pretty much irrelevant, unless they all stop buying stuff.

Frank Sidebottom

No chance any youth players are getting a chance next season. 

Excuse this season was that it was too important to throw youngsters in. Will be the same next year. 

Instead we’ll recruit more dross and we’ll having the Neilson out campaign again in October.  

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Ok fair comment - except its not the fans who employ him. Its the HMFC Board, and AB in particular (currently).   If he's got us doing well in the league, they (and she) will not even consider sacking him.   "Winning the fans over"  is pretty much irrelevant, unless they all stop buying stuff.

That’s not true, fan power almost always wins through in the end. It’s very difficult for a manager to survive at any club if the vast majority of fans want a manager gone.  And in Scotland, unlike English Premier, the fans are still the lifeblood of a club. 

Boyces beard
3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Its a tough one to guage because we don't actualy know what precentage of Hearts fans want Robbie gone. We don't know how many of those who do want him to go will change there mind about Robbie if we are holding our own back in the prem. But to say winning the fans over is irrelevant is just not true, all over the globe as far as football is concerned the fans will eventualy get there way, especialy if the larger percentage of fans are unhappy. The board will eventualy be forced to act. A football team is nothing without there fans and will  also struggle to function to the best of there ability when the fan base are divided.

Let's just see how Robbie and the players approach the last 3 games of the season. 

They all know they are now 100% on trial .

Last night was a start no more than that .

The sensible option is keeping Robbie in charge and obviously working closely with Savage regarding transfer activity.

The club quite rightly cannot bend to the will of the supporters every time they don't like something. 

From a personal point of view I just want to see my pals again and get back inside Tynecastle to watch the team. 

Unfortunately all I see ahead on here is 3 months of micromanaging from the usual despisers critising everything trying to put everyone off buying season tickets again. Sad 😔

Lord Beni of Gorgie
38 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Exactly this. 

Neilson will not take us anywhere in the SPL. 

The thought of him having another transfer window gives me the fear. 

Yet the same man, in fact, has delivered the strongest Premier League finish in over 10 years and was backing it up before defecting. 

Maybe if we had a different manager for cup ties though, dire

Well we're going to find out as I very much doubt that Robbie will be given the heave-ho before next season. If he does stay, hopefully he'll learn that being adventurous can be fun too.

Win win for me. If he stays and we get better. Great.

If, as I suspect we revert to type and we're gash he'll be punted. Too late really and another season wasted along with a transfer window.

However, if he stays, and I believe he will there will be a fair few less season tickets sold. IMO

A_A wehatethehibs

This is a decent and not unrealistic scenario one many of us would like to see happen. In addition to that, there’s also a chance we could sign some good players. But unfortunately a certain subsection of fans won’t be back until budge and Neilson are gone. But they’re still here somehow even though they said they’d be gone. 

2 hours ago, lost in space said:

No, burnt his boats.

Bad enough blaming pitch, ref, wind and everybody else but when he tries to down-play the worst results in our history + play crap football + ignore youths + sign crap players he is not going to recover.

To then have a go at pundits and then fans shows his true lack of class and common sense.

Were you keen on Robbie staying before the Brora setback?

Lone Striker
20 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s not true, fan power almost always wins through in the end. It’s very difficult for a manager to survive at any club if the vast majority of fans want a manager gone.  And in Scotland, unlike English Premier, the fans are still the lifeblood of a club. 

That's true, especially when FoH become the majority owner.    But the sort of scenario being discussed here is if the team are mid-table or better next season even if we're scraping dull 1-0 wins with the slow sideways/backwards passing stuff.  Pretty much every potential replacement  manager mentioned on the RObbie Oot threads have been shot down by some folk.   It would take a hell of a bad first half of the season  for AB to even start thinking of firing him.   Who knows what the FoH leaders would do once they become owners. 

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Yet the same man, in fact, has delivered the strongest Premier League finish in over 10 years and was backing it up before defecting. 

Maybe if we had a different manager for cup ties though, dire

Thats the problem its our only top 4 finish in the last 10 years - Budge OOT!! she's a liability

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Drumjambo said:

Thats the problem its our only top 4 finish in the last 10 years - Budge OOT!! she's a liability

Did anyone want Vladimir out? Honestly don't remember 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Neilson's never had us below third place in any league.

Seethers going to seethe, but them's the facts.

It's a weird fact, but it is a fact.

Barely won a cup tie mind 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Which manager would you like to see coming in that’s guaranteed to deliver more than Neilson? Just asking. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Which manager would you like to see coming in that’s guaranteed to deliver more than Neilson? Just asking. 

Derek McInnes would do better than Neilson. Duncan Ferguson has been mentioned but probably unrealistic. Who do you think would be the best manager to take over?

lost in space
10 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Were you keen on Robbie staying before the Brora setback?

Absolutely not. Didnt want him back as I remembered how bad the football was when he left.

Was prepared to give him a second chance (yes, how big of me!).

Is not positive enough as a person or a coach.

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It's a weird fact, but it is a fact.

Barely won a cup tie mind 

If we win the premiership I'll not complain about a poor cup run.

29 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

The sensible option is keeping Robbie in charge and obviously working closely with Savage regarding transfer activity.

The club quite rightly cannot bend to the will of the supporters every time they don't like something. 

From a personal point of view I just want to see my pals again and get back inside Tynecastle to watch the team. 

Unfortunately all I see ahead on here is 3 months of micromanaging from the usual despisers critising everything trying to put everyone off buying season tickets again. Sad 😔

Robbie in charge will send us straight back down,have you been watching?

39 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Let's just see how Robbie and the players approach the last 3 games of the season. 

They all know they are now 100% on trial .

Last night was a start no more than that .

Shame that Logan and Harry Stone can't get a game with us in the run in.....

8 minutes ago, stevie said:

Robbie in charge will send us straight back down,have you been watching?

I haven't seen any evidence of that at all. 

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, Bull's-eye said:

I haven't seen any evidence of that at all. 

Sniff 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

If we win the premiership I'll not complain about a poor cup run.

Very true. Maybe third would be a good start  :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Shame that Logan and Harry Stone can't get a game with us in the run in.....

Logan was playing last night 

:whistling:

LarrysRightFoot
1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Remember it was Alloa.

Exactly. No disrespect to them, they are a PT team punching above their weight. But it was equal to us playing PSG. Can’t read anything into it - other than it’s what we should have been doing all season.   

Edited by LarrysRightFoot