10 April 2021: Should Robbie Neilson be the Hearts Manager in the Premiership next season?

David McCaig

10 April 2021: Should Robbie Neilson be the Hearts Manager in the Premiership next season?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be the Hearts Manager in the Premiership next season?

4 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

I think we can agree that a very large portion of the support want Neilson gone!

However, no matter how eloquent an argument on Jbk for him to be removed, or in his defence. The final decision rests with Ann Budge. The question is - What does she think Neilson will bring to the party long term? Does she see the club building a dynasty around him?
If she cannot see that then he has to go!

I have no idea who the next manager should be. However, I would prefer someone with no previous connection to the club either as a ex player, or ex coach.
Neil seems popular amongst the support, but I suppose that in part is due to his working relationship with Savage.

Given a choice I would prefer a foreign manager, Why?....Better coaching techniques generally. Developing young players. Promoting better life styles and fitness coupled with diet.
All that said and done. Joe Savage has to be the person ultimately responsible for the hiring process. Let's get right next time, and let's get it done quickly.

I'm desperately wanting some positive news ahead of the start of the new Premiership season 

Neilson Out

Neil popular amongst the support because there's a myth surrounding the guy that he's a good manager and an improvement. I don't believe that to be the case at all. 

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

• Cruyff

21 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Congratulations to Hearts on winning this season’s Championship and returning to the Premiership.

We all enjoyed last night’s 6-0 win and we’ve had time to calm down after the Brora debacle, but the question remains should Robbie Neilson be Hearts Manager in the Premiership next season.

This is once again a public poll.

I think it's a great time for him to move on while his stock is high after winning the championship.

7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I think it's a great time for him to move on while his stock is high after winning the championship.

Not going to happen. He won’t be sacked either. 

I want him out and not given another penny to waste.

Mackay Steven and Kasteneer.

Have offered zilch in his latest signing waste.

Bring in a manager that watches players before signing them.

3 minutes ago, Australis said:

I want him out and not given another penny to waste.

Mackay Steven and Kasteneer.

Have offered zilch in his latest signing waste.

Bring in a manager that watches players before signing them.

Both have disappointed but not sure that RN was responsible for signing them. 

Jambof3tornado
2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Both also playing in super negative setups. Like to see more of them but not under Neilson. He needs to walk. The brora result convinced me I was right to not want him back in the 1st place.

Lost all respect with the money spinning replay chat.

Famous 1874

Imagine voting yes after the season we have just had🤣🤣 laughable 

Shite football 

Won the league because of the dog shit standard

Poor recruitment 

No plan B

No youth development 

Snide comments 

Magnitude of excuses 

20 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

I think GMS will be a much improved player with a pre season. Hadn't played for a while before joining  us......

Kastener was a stop gap because "we had to have wingers".....

The Real Maroonblood
17 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Yaaaayyy another post saying

yaaaaayyy another poll 😁

Let’s have a poll of polls.

:P

portobellojambo1
35 minutes ago, Boris said:

It was rumoured on here, different thread I think, that there was a meeting between RN, JS and senior players early last week.

If true, and resulted in that performance, what do we take from it? Players told RN to stop fecking about and play on front foot?

I suppose what I'm trying to get at is does this mean everyone now pulling in same direction? If so where does this leave RNs authority? Enhanced, as open to criticism, or weakened? If the former then I don't expect him to leave/relieved of duties. Only plus from that I can see is a renewed sense of team spirit/unity.

It sounds awfully similar to what happened at half time in the first away game after we were promoted last time round, up at Dens Park. We were chronically awful in that first half and it was the players that dictated we needed to change the way we played second half. This time round we have been brutally underperforming at times in the Championship and it sounds like once again the coach has needed player input to correct things. We really cannot afford to start next season negatively, we need someone in from day one who knows how to set us up to be competitive from the outset and not chop and change until it is too late to correct things.                                                   

OmiyaHearts

I gave it a few days before deciding to vote today. Its a no, always will be. He's just not good enough.

Guest ToqueJambo

It's deja vu all over again. What on earth makes people think the current board will make the right managerial decision the next time? I'd argue appointing Neilson is the only one they've got right since the last time they appointed Neilson.

Let's cut to the chase here. The person most people have a problem with is Budge, that's why we keep hearing all this "last 5 years chat". The last 5 years were nothing to do with Neilson. He took over when we needed a manager willing and able to get us promoted with all the uncertainty (if you read Stendel and his agent's comments in June last year he was not willing to commit to that without some guarantees we couldn't make). He's done a 6/10 job for me up to Jan and a 2/10 job after Jan. so not great but still better than our last 3 managers.

So why not focus all your attention on Budge instead of her managers if your real end goal is getting rid of her?

Alex Neil, Derek McInness, for different reasons  wouldn't make me more confident of next season than retaining Neilson. If we appointed Duncan Ferguson I'd be excited but nervous as anything could happen. Finding a manager isn't as easy as folk make out. When a team with Celtic's stature and millions can't persuade an out of work manager not even being seriously linked to anyone to take over, how can we persuade decent managers, especially when budgets are uncertain? And Aberdeen went with an American B team manager.

The best candidates we've been connected with for me since Neilson have been Dougie Freedman and Aidy Boothroyd, looking at their records, experience and ability to work with young players. That was a very encouraging sign for me and it's a shame we couldn't get one of them, but they're both still young. 

Aside from that, every season is a good season for Robbo to step in. And even better, the boo boys etc would only have to change a couple of letters in their Robbie Out posters a couple of months into next season.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's deja vu all over again. What on earth makes people think the current board will make the right managerial decision the next time? I'd argue appointing Neilson is the only one they've got right since the last time they appointed Neilson.

Let's cut to the chase here. The person most people have a problem with is Budge, that's why we keep hearing all this "last 5 years chat". The last 5 years were nothing to do with Neilson. He took over when we needed a manager willing and able to get us promoted with all the uncertainty (if you read Stendel and his agent's comments in June last year he was not willing to commit to that without some guarantees we couldn't make). He's done a 6/10 job for me up to Jan and a 2/10 job after Jan. so not great but still better than our last 3 managers.

So why not focus all your attention on Budge instead of her managers if your real end goal is getting rid of her?

Alex Neil, Derek McInness, for different reasons  wouldn't make me more confident of next season than retaining Neilson. If we appointed Duncan Ferguson I'd be excited but nervous as anything could happen. Finding a manager isn't as easy as folk make out. When a team with Celtic's stature and millions can't persuade an out of work manager not even being seriously linked to anyone to take over, how can we persuade decent managers, especially when budgets are uncertain? And Aberdeen went with an American B team manager.

The best candidates we've been connected with for me since Neilson have been Dougie Freedman and Aidy Boothroyd, looking at their records, experience and ability to work with young players. That was a very encouraging sign for me and it's a shame we couldn't get one of them, but they're both still young. 

Aside from that, every season is a good season for Robbo to step in. And even better, the boo boys etc would only have to change a couple of letters in their Robbie Out posters a couple of months into next season.

Budge hasn't been responsible  for team selection, tactics, getting emptied out the cups by nobodies or a total inability to motivate the troops. 

But she is responsible for  appointing the guy who "delivered" all of this. 

sandylejambo

if it takes a crisis and the threat of him getting the sack to get him to motivate the players then he is not a good manager. he should be able to motivate them and know how to man manage them if he's good at his job, he's not, he can GTF.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Budge hasn't been responsible  for team selection, tactics, getting emptied out the cups by nobodies or a total inability to motivate the troops. 

But she is responsible for  appointing the guy who "delivered" all of this. 

No, it's time for people to be honest here. Budge and everyone considered to be "her people" - which includes Robbie and obviously Levein - has been getting it in the neck for years now from a section of our support that she upset by openly trying to weed out an element in our fanbase most of us would like to see the back of and making it clear they weren't welcome. Others, one on here in particular, and a lot on social media are simply misogynists.

Levein was appointed manager after Cathro and people were on his back from the start. They wanted him out at the end of 17/18 even though he had repaired a lot of the damager caused by Cathro, such as turning around our derby, cup and home form, even if the final league position was disappointing. Even so people wanted him out and spent all summer slagging him off. He then made good signings and started the season brilliantly with his own team and they went quiet. Anyone looking at this with a bit of perspective knows that Neilson could do the same thing. Of course another manager could, but I'm not filled with confidence by any of names put forward. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

SomethingAboutObua

The Alloa match was a great watch and results went our way this weekend but seriously, people still want him kept on? 

The whole seasons been a slog, how has beating an awful Alloa team changed people's minds so much?

According to Chick Young, via Brian McClaughlin, Hearts are staying silent over the weekend prior to a midweek announcement/statement.

Edited by martoon

7 minutes ago, martoon said:

According to Chick Young, via Brian McClaughlin, Hearts are staying silent over the weekend prior to a midweek announcement/statement.

Sorry for the questions but where did you hear this? Was it definitely in relation to the managers job?

9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No, it's time for people to be honest here. Budge and everyone considered to be "her people" - which includes Robbie and obviously Levein - has been getting it in the neck for years now from a section of our support that she upset by openly trying to weed out an element in our fanbase most of us would like to see the back of and making it clear they weren't welcome. Others, one on here in particular, and a lot on social media are simply misogynists.

An astute observation. I was delighted when AB decided to get rid of “the up to their knees brigade”. Tynecastle is better off without that lot.

Hate to say it but I have changed my tune and think we should keep Neilson for next season. Not because I think he will do a good job but because we need to restructure the club from Boardroom down, before we recruit a new manager. Does anyone have confidence Budge & Co would make a good pick? Their track record on managers over the past 5/6 years is really poor. Neil etc would be working under the same regime and I have zero confidence it would make a difference.
Unfortunately it probably means another season of mediocrity ....or worse!! We are in an awful place as a club.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Do why did you vote for him to stay then 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

Just now, GinRummy said:

Sorry for the questions but where did you hear this? Was it definitely in relation to the managers job?

Sportsound.

Chick alluded to there being no comment, thus far, about winning the Championship. Also stated that Brian McClaughlin knew everything that's going on at Hearts and he'd told Chick there was a statement/announcement coming after the weekend.

Didn't say what it was though, bud.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Levein was appointed manager after Cathro and people were on his back from the start. They wanted him out at the end of 17/18 even though he had repaired a lot of the damager caused by Cathro, such as turning around our derby, cup and home form, even if the final league position was disappointing. Even so people wanted him out and spent all summer slagging him off. He then made good signings and started the season brilliantly with his own team and they went quiet. Anyone looking at this with a bit of perspective knows that Neilson could do the same thing. Of course another manager could, but I'm not filled with confidence by any of names put forward. 

One of the best things she’s done is try to get rid of these bams, nip down to section N and you will see them at most home games. 
As for criticising her regime it’s because it’s been an utter failure that’s cost us millions of our money, and it’s  not just Butchers Apron flag shaggers who do this. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, martoon said:

Sportsound.

Chick alluded to there being no comment, thus far, about winning the Championship. Also stated that Brian McClaughlin knew everything that's going on at Hearts and he'd told Chick there was a statement/announcement coming after the weekend.

A new 4 year contract for Neilson probably 🙈

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

A new 4 year contract for Neilson probably 🙈

😄

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It does because you’re not just playing those teams. 
He was on the right road, he had tightened the defence. 
Who knows if we wouldve stayed up. 
Levein signed JP, probably his worst of the list of disasters that cost us millions. He and Macphee played JP too, nobody criticised them at the time or after it seems?
He had to wheel and deal in January due to the wastefulness of Levein and the paucity of the unfit squad, whilst trying to get them fit. He seemed happy with JP and thought he was better with the ball than the other two clowns, his biggest mistake. 

We would have been playing exactly those teams though....we were only a couple of games from the split. We would have played Ross County twice, St Mirren and Hamilton once each in our last 9 games. 

We lost 10 goals in his last 5 games....5 in 4 after the penny finally dropped with Stendel that JP wasn’t a capable GK. Took him way too long to realise that. And to say nobody has criticised CL for JP is revisionary at very its best.

CL lost 15 goals in 11 league matches.....Stendel lost 18 in his last 11...all after he dumped Berra. The defence worsened as far as I’m concerned.

He signed 4 players.....2 of which were absolutely horrible to say the least. 

The excuses being made for this guy are laughable. I know he wasn’t exactly handed a great hand......but what he got he didn’t improve on.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Holtie said:

Hate to say it but I have changed my tune and think we should keep Neilson for next season. Not because I think he will do a good job but because we need to restructure the club from Boardroom down, before we recruit a new manager. Does anyone have confidence Budge & Co would make a good pick? Their track record on managers over the past 5/6 years is really poor. Neil etc would be working under the same regime and I have zero confidence it would make a difference.
Unfortunately it probably means another season of mediocrity ....or worse!! We are in an awful place as a club.

I think we can trust Savage to pick the new guy if he’s allowed to, alongside a boardroom reconstruction that is initiated by the FoH. 

15 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The club has massively under achieved since RN left the first time. It’s not only agenda driven supporters who can see that. The real issue amongst the fans, imo, is some people will eat whatever shit Ann Budge serves up and say yum yum. We are in the championship, not just because of the spfl and sfa, but because of Ann’s horrendous mistakes. 

Let’s not lose track of that. We are, considering the investment we have all made, shite. 

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Sportsound.

Cheers 👍

Anyone know Brian McClaughlin personally or any ITK'ers know if there's anything significant in the pipeline?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, DH1986 said:

We would have been playing exactly those teams though....we were only a couple of games from the split. We would have played Ross County twice, St Mirren and Hamilton once each in our last 9 games. 

We lost 10 goals in his last 5 games....5 in 4 after the penny finally dropped with Stendel that JP wasn’t a capable GK. Took him way too long to realise that. And to say nobody has criticised CL for JP is revisionary at very its best.

CL lost 15 goals in 11 league matches.....Stendel lost 18 in his last 11...all after he dumped Berra. The defence worsened as far as I’m concerned.

The excuses being made for this guy are laughable. I know he wasn’t exactly handed a great hand......but what he got he didn’t improve on.

Not many saw JP was hopeless, I did. Folk said I was talking rubbish. 
We were worse after dropping Berra hahahahaha ffs. So that’s why you hate him because he was nasty to the big baby Berra 😭😢
I did try to explain to you that Levein had spunked all the wage budget on duds, no wonder he got those two in we were left looking at the dregs, they were on short term deals for peanuts compared to the Damours etc. 
When you have clowns like Zlamal and Doyle as back ups you’re totally ****ed, even Neilson noticed that. 

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Neil popular amongst the support because there's a myth surrounding the guy that he's a good manager and an improvement. I don't believe that to be the case at all. 

Agreed 👍

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The club has massively under achieved since RN left the first time. It’s not only agenda driven supporters who can see that. The real issue amongst the fans, imo, is some people will eat whatever shit Ann Budge serves up and say yum yum. We are in the championship, not just because of the spfl and sfa, but because of Ann’s horrendous mistakes. 

Let’s not lose track of that. We are, considering the investment we have all made, shite. 

No-one's disputing that. But on the other hand we're now not in the Championship anymore thanks to her realising she couldn't wait around for Stendel to decide if a 27-game championship was for him, so she moved fast to appoint someone definitely up to the job, and who did a very god job with us last time in the Championship.

As you say, we've underachieved since Neilson left. Although it's not been all bad. Two SC finals in two years is above average cup performances for us. The start of 18/19 was also the only time in 15 years since Burley that we've been able to dream of a real challenge at least for 2nd place. (Ironically the only other manager to have us sniffing around 2nd since  Burley is Neilson in 16/17.)

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Neil ticks some boxes for me, partly because he's young and up and coming, or is supposed to be, but I haven't followed his career closely since he left Hamilton. Is it just the link with Savage that's making people think he'll come to us? 

It's a bit like all those calls for Tommy Wright, who is currently getting Killie relegated. He had a LOT of supporters on here.

Edited by ToqueJambo

merseyjambo
20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Oh FFS

There is zero doubt that AB has to take a fair chunk of blame as to where we are. She didn’t question CL over Cathro then when Cathro flopped in a major way, the man whose idea it was to appoint him should have gone as well. Instead he was given the dual role of DoF and Manager. He didn’t oversee training then when things were clearly going wrong she kept him on and by her own admission should have got rid of him sooner. She brings in a breath of fresh air (albeit after a protracted period) then bottles it with the same person after demotion (I believe that he wanted to shake things up too much for her liking). She then brings back a man who if you believe some on here was hounded out by the fans because of a banner on a plane when the truth is he dropped his knickers to the first sign of interest from England and disappeared. A man who was appointed without even telling the previous manager he was no longer required. That man is still seen as CLs man.

AB by her own admission knows nothing about football. That’s why people have an issue with her. Her appointments have been poorly judged. The goodwill that was built up early doors has gone. The academy may be producing but the manager isn’t blooding anyone from there. 

Peoples feelings towards AB now has for the most part absolutely feckin zero to do with her hounding out a few knuckledraggers who would be better going to Ibrox.

AB needs to turn over the running of the football side of things to the DoF. By all means she can stay as the figurehead of the club but stick to the business side of the club.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not many saw JP was hopeless, I did. Folk said I was talking rubbish. 
We were worse after dropping Berra hahahahaha ffs. So that’s why you hate him because he was nasty to the big baby Berra 😭😢
I did try to explain to you that Levein had spunked all the wage budget on duds, no wonder he got those two in we were left looking at the dregs, they were on short term deals for peanuts compared to the Damours etc. 
When you have clowns like Zlamal and Doyle as back ups you’re totally ****ed, even Neilson noticed that. 

🤦🏻‍♂️

I don’t dislike Stendel.....he just did a piss poor job. I had no issue with him dumping Berra....but the facts are we lost more goals with DS than we did under CL so your statement of him tightening the defence was wrong. 

Stendel didn’t make any difference......he did nothing to improve our position. He had more league games and our position worsened.

Stop making excuses.....overall he he was terrible and his record will forever prove that.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Peoples feelings towards AB now has for the most part absolutely feckin zero to do with her hounding out a few knuckledraggers who would be better going to Ibrox.

We can agree to disagree. One glance at social media proves that. 

She's made mistakes including some big ones like all owners, but this "knows nothing about football" thing is pure misogyny for me, even if she has admitted it herself (if only other chairmen were so honest - Rod Petrie for one?)

What does Ron Gordon know about football really? Or Tom Farmer (did he even like football? He allowed Rod Petrie to grind Hibs into the ground on the pitch.) How much did Wallace Mercer know? She's a fan like us and knows as much as we do. That actually means she probably knows more about football than most owners who aren't fans. It's pure misogyny. Also see any thread on the women's team.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

No-one's disputing that. But on the other hand we're now not in the Championship anymore thanks to her realising she couldn't wait around for Stendel to decide if a 27-game championship was for him, Moshe moved fast to appoint someone definitely up to the job, and who did a very god job with us last time in the Championship. As you say, we've underachieved since Neilson left. Although it's not been all bad. Two SC finals in two years is above average cup performances for us. The start of 18/19 was also the only time in 15 years since Burley that we've been able to dream of a real challenge at least for 2nd place. (Ironically the only other manager to have us sniffing around 2nd since  Burley is Neilson in 16/17.)

Not denying he done a decent job the last time. He’s changed though, his answer to everything is to get more and more cautious until we have virtually no means of scoring goals. It’s slow, patient football from a bygone era. This season started so well and he slowly pulled in the reigns until the players just stood around in their positions passing the ball back and forward with no guile, no imagination, each man just making sure he isn’t the one that makes a mistake. It was horrendous and next season will go the same way. 

As for, not all bad, the last decent league run at the level we should be at ended on the 3rd November 2018. 

I suppose for us fans, it should come down to one thing - Is Robbie the best manager we could get to give us the best chance of success next season? Speaking personally, I don’t think that’s a difficult question to answer. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

🤦🏻‍♂️

I don’t dislike Stendel.....he just did a piss poor job. I had no issue with him dumping Berra....but the facts are we lost more goals with DS than we did under CL so your statement of him tightening the defence was wrong. 

Stendel didn’t make any difference......he did nothing to improve our position. He had more league games and our position worsened.

Stop making excuses.....overall he he was terrible and his record will forever prove that.

It was far better after dropping Berra and JP, when he had time to teach the others some basic defending. 
At least he can say he beat Rangers twice at Tynecastle something that charlatan ***** Levein never ever managed 🙈

Bad Religion
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

She's made mistakes including some big ones like all owners, but this "knows nothing about football" thing is pure misogyny for me, even if she has admitted it herself (if only other chairmen were so honest - Rod Petrie for one?)

What does Ron Gordon know about football really? Or Tom Farmer (did he even like football? He allowed Rod Petrie to grind Hibs into the ground on the pitch.) How much did Wallace Mercer know? She's a fan like us and knows as much as we do. That actually means she probably knows more about football than most owners who aren't fans. It's pure misogyny. Also see any thread on the women's team.

Start a new thread or add your crap on to one of the many others about Budge and Stendel. This ones about whether Bob remains as manager or not. 

Neilson out. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

So we are all bams and now misogynists? Get a grip you simpering fud. 

27 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Wow 🤪🤯

It shouldn't, but this place still surprises me at times....

Jaw dropping mindset and opinion reading this thread....

Takes all sorts I spose 🙈

eyesandears
22 minutes ago, martoon said:

Anyone know Brian McClaughlin personally or any ITK'ers know if there's anything significant in the pipeline?

Yep. It's the statement about details for the open top bus parade and championship celebration dinner :whistling:

48 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's time for you to be honest.

Your misogynist reference is absolutely ridiculous - just because a few on here use insulting language does not by any stretch of the imagination justify that conclusion : it's just you hyping it up to justify your position. 

The appointment of Levein was  an embarrassing shambles and whether people were on his back at the start or not doesn't change anything : he was an utter disaster. Again, whether people slagged him off all summer long or not , EVEN Budge admitted she should have sacked him sooner.  The fans weren't responsible for the worst string of results in Hearts history : that was down to Levein and the retirement home atmosphere he allowed to exist. 

Anyone looking at this with a bit of perspective knows that Neilson could do the same thing..... could they ? 2 wins in 9 , emptied oot the cups by minnows tells a different story. 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

Jambof3tornado
45 minutes ago, martoon said:

Chic dungs cats budgies heard on the grapevine that blah blah blah.

Pinch of salt.

Jambof3tornado
3 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

Yep. It's the statement about details for the open top bus parade and championship celebration dinner :whistling:

And the lego bus announcement mind.

merseyjambo
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don’t really do Social Media so will bow to peoples greater knowledge on that.

As far as the knows nothing about football, she made that admission herself. 

What does Ron Gordon know. No idea but in Leeann Dempster, he had a Chief Exec who had an idea about Scottish Football. Tom Farmer bought Hibs because he was a Leith man who ‘saved’ them from being bought by Wallace Mercer. Wallace Mercer, probably had zero knowledge about football but assessed things and realised that Tony Ford was not the man to take Hearts in direction he wanted.

Have you learned a new word???? You keep using misogyny as if you’ve swallowed a dictionary. It’s not misogyny to say that she’s made the wrong appointment and to question why she’s made the appointment. She’s employed a DoF so let him do the job of running the football side of club and if he believes that RN is not the man to take us forward, she needs to back him. By her own admission she is more hands on than she needs to be. That’s where my issues are, not because she’s female but because the DoF is the man who should be in charge of football side of club.

Oh and it’s amazing that you try to pick apart one point of a well reasoned argument by talking utter tripe. Typical NDF. Can’t actually come back about well reasoned points.

Edited by merseyjambo

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was far better after dropping Berra and JP, when he had time to teach the others some basic defending. 
At least he can say he beat Rangers twice at Tynecastle something that charlatan ***** Levein never ever managed 🙈

But it wasn’t better after dropping Berra.....I’ve just told you we lost 18 goals in the final 11 league games without Berra.....we lost 15 in CL’s 11 league games.

Stendel beating Rangers twice is great......but taking one point from 6 v Hamilton is really what mattered. What also mattered is he was the only one of the 3 managers last season to lose to St Mirren....we put 5 past them under MacPhee remember.

He failed.....miserably. That is just a fact.

24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Neil ticks some boxes for me, partly because he's young and up and coming, or is supposed to be, but I haven't followed his career closely since he left Hamilton. Is it just the link with Savage that's making people think he'll come to us? 

It's a bit like all those calls for Tommy Wright, who is currently getting Killie relegated. He had a LOT of supporters on here.

Ticks all the boxes but haven't followed his career since Hamilton? 🤔 I suppose he's done nothing good since Hamilton.