10 April 2021: Should Robbie Neilson be the Hearts Manager in the Premiership next season?

David McCaig

10 April 2021: Should Robbie Neilson be the Hearts Manager in the Premiership next season?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be the Hearts Manager in the Premiership next season?

Ibrahim Tall

It’s pretty obvious he’s getting the remainder of the season. In general I’m a ‘no’, but I’d we perform for the remainder of the season at yesterday’s ‘level’ and style, then maybe I could be persuaded.
It’s a big maybe though, and probably only because I can see our opinions are ****ing irrelevant to the club anyway..

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

• Cruyff

6 minutes ago, Rods said:

If Derek Mciness is his replacement I would prefer to keep Robbie.

Why exactly? I find this genuinely quite baffling. Yes, it went wrong in the end at Aberdeen, but he did an excellent job for the most part, and would be a huge upgrade on what we have. I can understand people not liking him, but he is a good manager.

Just now, amadjambo said:

Why exactly? I find this genuinely quite baffling. Yes, it went wrong in the end at Aberdeen, but he did an excellent job for the most part, and would be a huge upgrade on what we have. I can understand people not liking him, but he is a good manager.

It would be a move sideways. 

You do realise that Aberdeen fans where hounding him out for his style of football( sound familiar) 

Geoff Kilpatrick

A 6-0 win against part time relegation nobodies and some want him in charge next season!

:facepalm:

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Rods said:

You do realise that Aberdeen fans where hounding him out for his style of football( sound familiar) 

No it wouldn't. McInnes gets results. Neilson loses to Brora.

1 hour ago, oritem8 said:

Too much money being wasted, he’s barely survived the championship and lost us the Scottish cup with his dogshit tactics in the first half.

out. 

Barely survived the championship?? What universe are you living in?

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Mcinnes has been involved in how many bottled semi finals? 

I would prefer Alex Neil or someone outside the box that is going to give us attacking football. We dont need another Craig Levien we need another Jim Jeffries.

1 minute ago, Rods said:

How would it be a sideways move to go with an experienced proven manager? He’s a huge step up from what we have.

Agreed, it turned sour in the end, but it wasn’t always that way. Remember he was there for years, turned them around big time, and actually put together a team that played pretty open, attacking and exciting football. After all, Aberdeen routinely won against teams outwith Celtic (and bizarrely us) home and away. Like a lot of managers, he probably stayed there too long and it all went a bit stale in the end. But to suggest he didn’t do a great job would be quite the misrepresentation.

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

It’s pretty obvious he’s getting the remainder of the season. In general I’m a ‘no’, but I’d we perform for the remainder of the season at yesterday’s ‘level’ and style, then maybe I could be persuaded.
It’s a big maybe though, and probably only because I can see our opinions are ****ing irrelevant to the club anyway..

The remaining games are dead ducks. Hopefully he'll use them to try a few things, give Haring and Souttar more time, help GMS get his confidence back, and blood some youngsters. Another disappointing thing about the Brora result is we could now be focusing 100% on the cup and using the league games as warm-ups for the cup games. It's maddening.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Rods said:

I would prefer Alex Neil or someone outside the box that is going to give us attacking football. We dont need another Craig Levien we need another Jim Jeffries.

Alex Neil has been my no 1 choice for a few years now. Really rate him as a manager. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Robbie could win the Champions League with Aidy White up front and Andy Halliday in goals.

And I'd still want him to go.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Rods said:

Many more than Neilson who doesn't know what a semi-final is. Stendel got us to this one "last season".

I'd prefer Neil as well but would happily take McInnes over Neilson.

Ibrahim Tall
12 minutes ago, amadjambo said:

How would it be a sideways move to go with an experienced proven manager? He’s a huge step up from what we have.

Agreed, it turned sour in the end, but it wasn’t always that way. Remember he was there for years, turned them around big time, and actually put together a team that played pretty open, attacking and exciting football. After all, Aberdeen routinely won against teams outwith Celtic (and bizarrely us) home and away. Like a lot of managers, he probably stayed there too long and it all went a bit stale in the end. But to suggest he didn’t do a great job would be quite the misrepresentation.

Tbh McInnes record loses its shine the more you look into it, he got incredibly lucky with various external factors. I.e. Rangers oblivion, our administration and 2x relegations and hibs relegation and seasons in the championship. 

With Hearts/Hibs/Rangers out of the way Aberdeen were the 2nd biggest team in the division by a mile, finishing runner up would have been a minimum expectation. In terms of cups he only achieved the same amount of trophies as St Mirren, Ross County, Hibs and Inverness and less than St Johnstone.

Not saying Neilsons better(he isn’t), but he’s nothing special either.

Edited by Ibrahim Tall

The Mighty Thor

Bob should have been emptied after Brora.

Bob should be emptied at full time at Starks Park if not sooner. 

Thanks but off you ****

upgotheheads

He will, and should,  get the first round of fixtures. By then we'll know if he has recruited well enough, and if the team are playing the kind of football that can compete with the likes of Motherwell, St Mirren and St Johnstone.

17 minutes ago, Rods said:

Neilsons record as manager is better than Alex Neil's.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Who would you prefer? Not just between Neilson and Neil but any realistic choice?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

😂 shut up for **** sake. Alex Neil other than his incredible time in the Scottish league with Hamilton, playing ****ing great football - got promoted from the championship to the English premier league.

robbie neilson will be managing at Peterhead or some shit by this time next year 

37 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Yaaaayyyy another poll 😁

Yaaaayyy another post saying

yaaaaayyy another poll 😁

Nearly 80% still want him out after a title win says it all.

Anything over 35% would be bad, but nearly 80%, wtf is he still here?

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

So, some folk have changed their minds because we beat Alloa 😂. No ****ing standards or level too low for some fans. 

Beat a part time team that are getting relegated with players that probably had to get away early from work to play us and now some people think everything is great again 

With the players we’ve got we could have won the league with no manger. 

He must know when fans are back he will get dogs abuse so for everyone’s sake he’s better leaving at end of season  

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

😂 shut up for **** sake. Alex Neil other than his incredible time in the Scottish league with Hamilton, playing ****ing great football - got promoted from the championship to the English premier league.

robbie neilson will be managing at Peterhead or some shit by this time next year 

Owen Coyle got Burnley promoted.

Billy Davies got Derby promoted. 

Paul Lambert got Norwich promoted back to back. 

English fitbaw isn't all that. 

Neil got relegated at Norwich, punted after being outside the playoffs the following season. Managed to finish near the play offs once at Preston then punted after a few years. Simon Grayson did a better job. :lol:

Here's their managerial records side by side. 

Alex Neil

_20210410_213021.thumb.JPG.dbb022a5f0c6c1ce825809da69d235fd.JPG

Robbie Neilson

_20210410_212940.thumb.JPG.3e4776b1634ad664df295ffbbc1176ea.JPG

Replacing Neilson with Neil really much better? 

Nae proof to suggest that. 

26 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Źźzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Don’t think he should be, but he will be for sure.

Need a good clear out , starting ASAP now we are up. I would like to see a communication from the club on the strategy for the squad rebuild. If RN gets it right , plays some decent football and gets us challenging at the top end of league next season, then its hats of to him , and I will certainly applaud him for it. 

17 minutes ago, ADAM said:

Źźzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You can wake up now, title is won season over (no Scottish Cup run to look forward to)

Edited by Gambo

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Far to much focus on RN when it’s the players who should take the blame forBrora.

this is true to be fair. 100%

iwasthere1954
1 hour ago, amadjambo said:

Agreed, it turned sour in the end, but it wasn’t always that way. Remember he was there for years, turned them around big time, and actually put together a team that played pretty open, attacking and exciting football. After all, Aberdeen routinely won against teams outwith Celtic (and bizarrely us) home and away. Like a lot of managers, he probably stayed there too long and it all went a bit  stale in the end. But to suggest he didn’t do a great job would be quite the misrepresentation.

I think you should check your facts. Under him Aberdeen did not win routinely at Tynecastle. There were a few years when we routinely beat them at Tynecastle in league and cup matches.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bring back Stendel so we can say the word gegenpresse again! Apart from making the team worse despite getting half a team back from injury, putting us 4 pts adrift at the bottom when the league was called, persisting with our worst ever goalie for too long, playing Boyce too deep, and signing two of the worst players to be seen at Tynecastle in many a year in Avdijaj and Langer, all while getting paid a lot more than any Hearts manager since Romanov, he didn't do too badly. 

Have you ever admitted to yourself that is was in fact Leveins fault or does it hurt that much, your hero destroyed our club?. 

Do you realise how stupid you look your blaming a guy when he only had 4 months, he didn't make us worse in fact if you look at the form table we were going up, upward trajectory 😉as you and Sniff Neilson Nuts would say. 

Despite getting half a team back from injury, your full of so many contradictions it's incredible, you said that having Haring back made a difference for Robbie? So Maybe In that wee head of yours? Brain/ would it not of made a difference to Stendel to be able to pick Haring, whoops i forgot your hero risked playing him to save his job and to make himself look good for the cup final, because make no mistake about it when he went of everything fell apart, doesn't it make you wonder why so many players were injured during Leveins spell.

Neglect the same way Robbie neglects youth, and other players Roberts being an example, don't come away with he's got Henderson playing that's bollocks, because Stendel gave both Moore and Henderson a chance when both weren't rated under Robbie and Levein. 

Look at his treatment with Irving young man, was devastated about scoring the own goal, instead of protecting him and putting an arm round him, he gives him the stare and walks straight past him. 

As if he never done anything wrong in his career.

Get this loser out of our club. 

Guest ToqueJambo
30 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

I think you should check your facts. Under him Aberdeen did not win routinely at Tynecastle. There were a few years when we routinely beat them at Tynecastle in league and cup matches.

Most enjoyably during Gary Locke's season when our teenagers tore McInnes's team a new one in a few games. He was fuming! His famous book of excuses didn't cover getting owned at Tynecastle and Pittodrie by a team with this defence: Jamie Hammil, Kevin McHattie, Dylan McGowan, Jordan McGhee. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Says it all really - the fans have had enough of Mr Dull.

2 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Did you actually read what I said?

Obviously not!

McGlynn The Money

Not in a million years.

Like Levein, a much loved player who did well in his first spell as manager.

Also like Levein, in danger of destroying his standing with the fans and becoming a hate figure. Best for all parties that he goes but can't see Ann Budge doing what needs to be done. 

7 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

FFS another stupid poll. When the fans are back and he is still in the dugout I dread to think what it will be like at Tynie

I dread his negative eye bleeding Football 

7 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I dread his negative eye bleeding Football 

Well you heard it straight from the horse's mouth (Ann Budge)....."We need to consolidate our league position next year!"

Not blitz the league , not have a go at every opportunity, not go out and play attractive attacking football. None of these words you heard come out of the mouth of Ann Budge, but a feeble and non inspiring........Consolidate!

Tell's you everything you need to know about Ann Budge's mindset and ambitions for next season. And guess what? she has just the very man in place who can deliver the very product she promotes. The man who is guaranteed to supply us in plenty of the non entertaining, sitting in, dull football, side to side borefest.....ROBBIE NEILSON

Neilson Out

11 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

A 6-0 win against part time relegation nobodies and some want him in charge next season!

:facepalm:

Beggars belief. 

kingantti1874
11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Owen Coyle got Burnley promoted.

Billy Davies got Derby promoted. 

Paul Lambert got Norwich promoted back to back. 

English fitbaw isn't all that. 

Neil got relegated at Norwich, punted after being outside the playoffs the following season. Managed to finish near the play offs once at Preston then punted after a few years. Simon Grayson did a better job. :lol:

Here's their managerial records side by side. 

Alex Neil

_20210410_213021.thumb.JPG.dbb022a5f0c6c1ce825809da69d235fd.JPG

Robbie Neilson

_20210410_212940.thumb.JPG.3e4776b1634ad664df295ffbbc1176ea.JPG

Replacing Neilson with Neil really much better? 

Nae proof to suggest that. 

😂 quality of opposition not a factor then.

all of them better managersthan Robbie Neilson 

to suggest otherwise is lunacy

Ex member of the SaS

Robbie was brought in to win the Championship, a job he nearly fecked up so he should not be given any money for players and told bye and thanks for all the fish.

Ex member of the SaS
39 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Well you heard it straight from the horse's mouth (Ann Budge)....."We need to consolidate our league position next year!"

Not blitz the league , not have a go at every opportunity, not go out and play attractive attacking football. None of these words you heard come out of the mouth of Ann Budge, but a feeble and non inspiring........Consolidate!

Tell's you everything you need to know about Ann Budge's mindset and ambitions for next season. And guess what? she has just the very man in place who can deliver the very product she promotes. The man who is guaranteed to supply us in plenty of the non entertaining, sitting in, dull football, side to side borefest.....ROBBIE NEILSON

Neilson Out

This was clear a couple of seasons ago ( or more ) She set a target and let it slip and still kept Levein and his puppets stay in charge. the same will happen next season where we will do just enough to stay up.

Definitely not. We've won the Championship in spite of Neilson not because of him. 

His negativity and ultra caution against dugshit teams has been embarrassing.

Allowayjambo1874

The votes to remove Robbie have fallen from over 90% to around 78%. Astonishing that so many may have changed their mind on the back of a 6-0 home victory over the relegation-in-waiting team.

Genuinely have no idea how people who change so whimsically can follow a football team, their life must be a constant turmoil! 

5 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

The votes to remove Robbie have fallen from over 90% to around 78%. Astonishing that so many may have changed their mind on the back of a 6-0 home victory over the relegation-in-waiting team.

Genuinely have no idea how people who change so whimsically can follow a football team, their life must be a constant turmoil! 

I'd actually say it's astonishing that it's still 78% after winning the league and winning your last game 6-0.

Football fans are notoriously fickle but if that's the best 'bounce' he can muster in the polls then wow, people really do want him gone!

Edited by Taffin

13 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

There's many a sheep fan would quite happily carry McInnes all the way to Edinburgh to be rid of him.

1 hour ago, Hashimoto said:

Neilson Out

Maybe she has a 5 year plan.....🤔

17 hours ago, siegementality said:

Absolutely not. We will end up a Championship side again if he is.

While I think he should be replaced, I don't for a second believe that. He'd almost certainly get us a top 6 position imo,it would just be awful to watch.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Maybe she has a 5 year plan.....🤔

and the report on the football dept is allegedly jaw dropping😳