10 April 2021: Should Robbie Neilson be the Hearts Manager in the Premiership next season?

David McCaig

10 April 2021: Should Robbie Neilson be the Hearts Manager in the Premiership next season?  

800 members have voted

1. 1. Should Robbie Neilson be the Hearts Manager in the Premiership next season?

David McCaig

Congratulations to Hearts on winning this season’s Championship and returning to the Premiership.

We all enjoyed last night’s 6-0 win and we’ve had time to calm down after the Brora debacle, but the question remains should Robbie Neilson be Hearts Manager in the Premiership next season.

This is once again a public poll.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Pasquale for King

• kingantti1874

• Cruyff

No and please don't make this mistake Ann, thanks for promotion Neilson but don't go out the same way as Levein. 

Leave with feeling of knowing you didn't perform in the cups, but you got us out of this league, and you will have earned a lot of supporters respect 👍

Italian Lambretta

FFS another stupid poll. When the fans are back and he is still in the dugout I dread to think what it will be like at Tynie

For me, now the title is wrapped up he has until the end of the season to produce more performances like last night. If that can be maintained then I'd be ok with him having a crack next season under the proviso that if things go downhill again he's gone. If last night proves to be a one off then replace him in the summer. 

3 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Three votes for Rob so far. Torque SRB and double 25 quick with their votes lol. 

Mr and Mrs Nielsen and Mr.Magoo.

2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

FFS another stupid poll. When the fans are back and he is still in the dugout I dread to think what it will be like at Tynie

It will be poisonous if Rob is still here. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No and please don't make this mistake Ann, thanks for promotion Neilson but don't go out the same way as Levein. 

Leave with feeling of knowing you didn't perform in the cups, but you got us out of this league, and you will have earned a lot of supporters respect 👍

Just keep Stendel away from Hearts. Didn't take him a minute to bolt when he cost us our Premiership status. 

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

The aim is to gauge opinion.  Brora reaction could be dismissed as knee-jerk and even Queens to a lesser extent.

Now that our primary goal for the season has been achieved, it’s a perfect time to see if Robbie is winning the fans back... or not!!

Robbie, Robbie, Robbie, Robbie. 

There's only one Robbie Neilson, one Robbie Neilson. 

:flagwave:

kingantti1874

Should leave and not embarrass himself next year.

Im sure Alloa, Arbroath or Morton or a similar sized team would be delighted to have him. A club more suited to his abilities

Edited by kingantti1874

pettigrewsstylist

Any win now proves nothing. Some youngsters getting minutes alongside recovering injuries is the priority. Anyone who is not staying should not be on pitch again.

Rick Sanchez

Show some ambition. Actually spend James Anderson's money well and reward the man for his efforts.

Alex Neil.

Italian Lambretta
4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The aim is to gauge opinion.  Brora reaction could be dismissed as knee-jerk and even Queens to a lesser extent.

Now that our primary goal for the season has been achieved, it’s a perfect time to see if Robbie is winning the fans back... or not!!

So over the last 30 minutes what's your opinion on that?

Vote Robbie, vote mediocrity. Another season of nothing much awaits. ☹️ On the bright side, maybe we’ll get Alloa at home in the league cup this year and get to the next round. 

Hans von Luck

Pep would be a risk at Hearts as a manager, somehow I think Robbie will stay with a review next season after the first quarter.

Alex Neil will get another job in England and McInness might give it another shot down there as well.

Just my thoughts.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

So over the last 30 minutes what's your opinion on that?

He’s gone from 5% support post Brora to 25% in the current poll, so he’s certainly winning some supporters back, but still a huge groundswell of support want him gone.

Mars plastic

Unfortunately, he’ll see out the rest of his contract as there won’t be any clubs knocking on our door looking for his services like last time. 

Geddyalexneil

Voted that he should not be manager next year. 

We need someone who can get the team playing well in the premier league on a regular basis. Preferably with some decent football on display as well.

I am still hoping for Alex Neil personally. 

The championship is pretty awful and with what we have at out disposal crawling over the line is just not good enough.

Delighted that we will be in the premier next season but I want to stay there.

kingantti1874
Just now, Mars plastic said:

Unfortunately, he’ll see out the rest of his contract as there won’t be any clubs knocking on our door looking for his services like last time. 

no and what does that tell you. 

7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just keep Stendel away from Hearts. Didn't take him a minute to bolt when he cost us our Premiership status. 

I would suggest that you get your facts right. Budge took the option to to replace him with Neilson rather than him walking away. And before you come out and accuse me of being pro Stendel you couldn't be further from the truth. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

He’s gone from 5% support post Brora to 25% in the current poll, so he’s certainly winning some supporters back, but still a huge groundswell of support want him gone.

That’s a 5x improvement! Incredible scenes. The come back is on for Rob. What a guy. Always loved him. 

9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You just voted yes practising fir the referendum. Admit it 😀

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

no and what does that tell you. 

It tells me I’ll not be parting with money for a ST for him to pish up the wall on yet more guff signings. 

Thanks for getting us back up.

I don’t like to kick him as he is a Hearts supporter and done what was asked but I’m hoping we do part ways but not expecting it. If he’s here then he will get my backing for a new season as would any hearts manager.

I’d love a change though . A dignified parting of the ways would be my wish

That shitebag shouldn't be Hearts manager next week.

He's performed his contracted task of winning the diddy league.

Get rid now and start reforming the club urgently, otherwise we'll be in a relegation battle next year.

9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Surely the expression ‘knee-jerk’ would be more logically and appropriately applied to the reaction to our first decent performance in goodness knows how long. And that knee-jerk reaction would explain why slightly fewer people now appear to want Neilson gone before next season.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

:olly:

siegementality
5 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

There are some amount of dafties on this board. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Thanks for getting us back up.

I don’t like to kick him as he is a Hearts supporter and done what was asked but I’m hoping we do part ways but not expecting it. If he’s here then he will get my backing for a new season as would any hearts manager.

I’d love a change though . A dignified parting of the ways would be my wish

he’s a rangers fan

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

he’s a rangers fan

Genuinely didn’t know that 🤷🏻‍♂️ Well he has an affinity with us 

kingantti1874
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

he does, and he’s going to ruin it. Same as Levein 

Mars plastic
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

He has an affinity with the coin he gets from us, nothing more. 

A big fat No from me. If we get someone in now then we can get a few games and a preseason under his belt. Then we can make a challenge in the SPL without the mind numbing Neilson 4-2-3-1 which up until last night we have endured.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

He was with them as a youngster, not for long obviously 😆

kingantti1874
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

He was with them as a youngster, not for long obviously 😆

From Paisley , rangers fan 100%

adambraejambo

No. Thanks for your service but need someone the players will play for week in week out not once every 6 or 7 weeks. I actually think the players know he is away hence the dramatic change in effort. Just a hunch though