Celtic shame

jamboozy

Governor Tarkin
10 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'm a firm believer in keeping Football separate from politics, religion, royalty etc etc. 

Football/sports clubs have been a rallying point for politics, religion, history, culture, and local identity the world over since the game was invented.

It's one of the things I've always liked best about it tbh.

Take that away and you lose something. You can't beat the atmosphere at games against the Hibs, Rangers, or Celtic when both sets of fans have their backs up and are in aggro mode. Give me that every day of the week over the form of corprate brand named sterile soccerball played out by franchise F.C.s that's all over out tellys these days.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McGlynn The Money

• Governor Tarkin

• Forever Hearts

• The Real Maroonblood

McGlynn The Money
5 hours ago, Drumjambo said:

Which one of the worlds 273 Gods are we talking about ?

God knows mate, your guess is as god as mine.

11 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Football/sports clubs have been a rallying point for politics, religion, history, culture, and local identity the world over since the game was invented.

Take that away and you lose something. You can't beat the atmosphere at games against the Hibs, Rangers, or Celtic when both sets of fans have their backs up and are in aggro mode. Give me that every day of the week over the form of corprate brand named sterile soccerball played out by franchise F.C.s that's all over out tellys these days.

Spot on, Gov.

You can’t take away the tribal nature of football. It’s built on it. Should be in other sports. 😂

The nutcrackers abroad have the right idea. Crazy goings on at basketball etc !

👍

Nookie Bear
11 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Doctor Who - Wilf actor Bernard Cribbins wants to travel with Jodie  Whittaker - Radio Times

Pasquale for King

The hypocrisy of Rangers having a week off from

social media due to racial abuse of their players but break it to pay tribute to a known racist 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?!?!

Two cheeks of the same arse. 

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

The hypocrisy of Rangers having a week off from

social media due to racial abuse of their players but break it to pay tribute to a known racist 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?!?!

Two cheeks of the same arse. 

:spoton:

Rangers have never seemed that bothered about other forms of prejudice either.

They and their equally vile pals in green are far more alike than they will ever admit.

On 10/04/2021 at 16:14, jamboozy said:

Fans outside Celtic pk letting off fireworks during the minutes silence for Duke of Edinburgh. 

Literally could not give a ****. Can't stand Celtic or their fans. Can't stand that racist old prick.

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

:spoton:

Rangers have never seemed that bothered about other forms of prejudice either.

They and their equally vile pals in green are far more alike than they will ever admit.

Absolutely, their anti-Irish ditties fir a start before the sectarian stuff. 
Celtic fans seem to think they’re better until you point to their own actions. 

gordon simpson

was at a Scottish cup semi against celtic when Hearts fans booed all the way through minutes silence for a pope's death  was  similar  

9 minutes ago, gordon simpson said:

was at a Scottish cup semi against celtic when Hearts fans booed all the way through minutes silence for a pope's death  was  similar  

No mate it was exactly the same. Absolutely *** pathetic. 

On 11/04/2021 at 13:29, indianajones said:

The Duke and the Pope both have **** all to do with Scottish football. 

Neither should have had silences. 

The Duke of Edinburgh was the Queen's consort for decades and played a huge part in the UK's dealings on the world stage (whether individual people care to appreciate it or not). All over the world, football matches and other sporting events are  used to show respect for the passing of national dignitaries within their respective countries. I don't recall it being such as issue in other countries but some insist on making it so in Scotland.

Successive popes collectively have done sweet FA for Scotland and so are irrelevant to Scottish football, but celtic, - who, at that time, insisted religion had no relevance to their club - shamelessly touted for a minute's silence purely to lure the idiots within the Hearts support into disrespecting the silence to divert attention from the fact that Celtic fans already had a reputation for spoiling several previous silences.

On 11/04/2021 at 23:24, Rizla said:

Letting off fireworks outside a football ground is not sectarian but it was very disrespectful under the circumstances.

Both old firm clubs have made ££££ out of sectarian issues with their fans so I doubt very much Celtic comment.

Rooted in sectarianism 

The Old Tolbooth
On 10/04/2021 at 17:23, Four faces said:

Is it okay to be unmoved by the pope or a member of the royal family dying in equal measure.Mind the street parties when Thatcher died?.

I raised a good few glasses to that one myself mate :cheers:

McGlynn The Money
On 11/04/2021 at 14:24, Rizla said:

Letting off fireworks outside a football ground is not sectarian but it was very disrespectful under the circumstances.

Both old firm clubs have made ££££ out of sectarian issues with their fans so I doubt very much Celtic comment.

13 hours ago, fila said:

Rooted in sectarianism 

The Royal Family is indeed rooted in sectarianism. A Catholic cannot ascend to the throne and until recently a member of that family couldn't even marry a Catholic.

No Idle Talk
14 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

The Royal Family is indeed rooted in sectarianism. A Catholic cannot ascend to the throne and until recently a member of that family couldn't even marry a Catholic.

👏

44 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Not sure your point , are you saying that justifies setting of fireworks .

On 12/04/2021 at 19:09, Pasquale for King said:

Celtic fans seem to think they’re better until you point to their own actions. 

You think that changes their minds ?

Pasquale for King
Just now, johnthomas said:

You think that changes their minds ?

Nah shuts them up though. 
A bit like when I mentioned to a Hibby in a pub who was calling Rudi a refugee that it was refugees that started his club. It blew his tiny mind. 
Or when I told Rangers fans Tommy Robinson’s real name when we were handing our leaflets about him. 
Morons are easily manipulated, something the club heavily relies upon.  

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

They reckon it’s because the monarch is the head of the Church of England. 
Found this article and though it was interesting. 
https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/07/26/news/boris-johnson-first-baptised-catholic-to-become-prime-minister-1670746/

The White Cockade
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They reckon it’s because the monarch is the head of the Church of England. 
Found this article and though it was interesting. 
https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/07/26/news/boris-johnson-first-baptised-catholic-to-become-prime-minister-1670746/

No it was due to the English Parliament banning Catholic’s from the throne in 1701

The fact that this is still the case shows it’s not just OF fans that still live in the 17th/18th century 

Time for the Royals to go after the Queen has passed on

No need for them and their baggage in the 21st century 

Dont suppose it would change anything for Celtic and Rangers  mobs though 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, The White Cockade said:

No it was due to the English Parliament banning Catholic’s from the throne in 1701

The fact that this is still the case shows it’s not just OF fans that still live in the 17th/18th century 

Does that law hold in Scotland though? 😎

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

I know I was just giving the modern excuses, I studied Scottish history at Edinburgh. 

Time for the whole of the UK to move forward into the 21st century and rid itself of all archaic institutions including the Union. 

No Idle Talk
58 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Exactly.

The idiots in the Hearts support were done up like kippers but were too thick to realise it. 

The only people who "done them up" were themselves. If someone is that stupid or bigoted that they can't remain silent for one minute to pay respect to the death of one of the world's most prominent religious leaders then that's on them. The same as it is on the Celtic fans who were setting off fireworks the other day. 

People should take responsibility for their own actions rather than behaving like idiots then blaming another football club or the football authorities for trying to make them look bad. 

McGlynn The Money
3 hours ago, fila said:

Not sure your point , are you saying that justifies setting of fireworks .

I was just agreeing with you that there is a sectarian element to the Royal Family.

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

As is the Catholic schooling system. Only Catholics are allowed to teach in Catholic schools in Scotland. It's time we realised it's 2021. 

McGlynn The Money
16 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

As is the Catholic schooling system. Only Catholics are allowed to teach in Catholic schools in Scotland. It's time we realised it's 2021. 

That may be so but unless it was Catholic teachers from Catholic schools setting off the fireworks during the minute's silence for a dead royal it's not particularly relevant to this thread.

On 12/04/2021 at 22:53, JDK2020 said:

The Duke of Edinburgh was the Queen's consort for decades and played a huge part in the UK's dealings on the world stage (whether individual people care to appreciate it or not). All over the world, football matches and other sporting events are  used to show respect for the passing of national dignitaries within their respective countries. I don't recall it being such as issue in other countries but some insist on making it so in Scotland.

Successive popes collectively have done sweet FA for Scotland and so are irrelevant to Scottish football, but celtic, - who, at that time, insisted religion had no relevance to their club - shamelessly touted for a minute's silence purely to lure the idiots within the Hearts support into disrespecting the silence to divert attention from the fact that Celtic fans already had a reputation for spoiling several previous silences.

Sorry but that is so much garbage and really shows your, I'll politely say, political views. The pope is the religious leader of thousands of Scots and I'm pretty sure more people in Scotland revere the pope than the DoE. 

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

That may be so but unless it was Catholic teachers from Catholic schools setting off the fireworks during the minute's silence for a dead royal it's not particularly relevant to this thread.

Just for balance. 

The White Cockade
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Does that law hold in Scotland though? 😎

Aye because after 1707 we were basically ruled by England at Westminster as our Parliament was dissolved and the Act of Settlement was included in the Act of Union It was a good way of England to rid itself of the “Scottish problem” once and for all Didn’t work out that way in 1715 and 1745 but they eventually got their way after that

Jeffros Furios

Is it not also true that a Catholic can't be Prime Minister and that was the reason Tony Blair became a Catholic after leaving office . Also imagine having a minutes silence for that murdering dog .

Unknown user
43 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Is it not also true that a Catholic can't be Prime Minister and that was the reason Tony Blair became a Catholic after leaving office . Also imagine having a minutes silence for that murdering dog .

Boris Johnson's a Catholic

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Didnae ken that pal .

27 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Nope. He was born to a catholic mother but renounced it and joined the Church of England as an adult. 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Sorry but that is so much garbage and really shows your, I'll politely say, political views. The pope is the religious leader of thousands of Scots and I'm pretty sure more people in Scotland revere the pope than the DoE. 

It's not garbage at all, and maybe your response portrays, and I'll be polite, your own politics.

Unknown user
28 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Nope. He was born to a catholic mother but renounced it and joined the Church of England as an adult. 

I was reading the other day that although he's not massively religious he does identify as Catholic again and his son is baptised or whatever indoctrination they do to their kids.

Happy to be proved wrong though of course, I wouldn't claim to know the topic well

I’ve often wondered how many catholic players we had in the team for that Celtic semi. How must they have felt never mind the catholics in our support.

WoolfordsHearts

Off topic,not related to sellicks shame.

But the sellick semi that some posters have mentioned,I've never seen the ***** so angry after the game.😊

Governor Tarkin

Utterly predictable that a Celtic bashing thread would turn in to a spot of whatabboutery and finger pointing at our own fans.

Sometimes I wish we'd just died.

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Sure...

Sectarianism is sectarianism I'm afraid. None of it is palatable.  

5 hours ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I was just agreeing with you that there is a sectarian element to the Royal Family.

By some of your other posts you are trying to hard 

McGlynn The Money
1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

Sectarianism is sectarianism I'm afraid. None of it is palatable.  

Completely agree.

I don't think religion should be anywhere near schools but the blind hatred that some have for Catholic schools is troubling.

1 hour ago, fila said:

By some of your other posts you are trying to hard 

Don't really need to try too hard, the royals make it so easy.

10 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Utterly predictable that a Celtic bashing thread would turn in to a spot of whatabboutery and finger pointing at our own fans.

Sometimes I wish we'd just died.

When I read some of the nonsense on kickback, I sometimes think I have and hell is real. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, Mister T said:

When I read some of the nonsense on kickback, I sometimes think I have and hell is real. 

🎼 Do you know where hell is? 

12 hours ago, JDK2020 said:

It's not garbage at all, and maybe your response portrays, and I'll be polite, your own politics.

Are you actually trying to say that more people in Scotland care about the Prince than the pope???? 

17 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Don't agree with separate schooling but that is just not true