Official "Championship Winners" Thread (merged)

maroonlegions

22games nro

Wouldn’t be to bothered to field a team of youngsters in our game against them 😜😜

even just to see the seethe from Dundee etc 

image.png

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonlegions

• sadj

• GinRummy

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Some of the young guys are on loan but I’d expect at least McGill to get some minutes. 

Neilson should continue to play all out attacking football until the end of the season, to try and “change” the mind of many jambos (myself included) that things will be ok next year. I think if he starts playing McGill, Frear, now could be a shitebag tactic and actually disguise poor away performances. 

Just now, BigPaul365 said:

Neilson should continue to play all out attacking football until the end of the season, to try and “change” the mind of many jambos (myself included) that things will be ok next year. I think if he starts playing McGill, Frear, now could be a shitebag tactic and actually disguise poor away performances. 

I meant McGill, Frear, “etc” i.e all the fringe players 

Maroon Sailor
14 hours ago, tynewater said:

Great to win the league and get promoted at the first time of asking, after the s**t show that was last season. It hasn't been the best of seasons, no doubt, but the main goal has been achieved, comfortably. For that everyone involved gets my congratulations. As others have mentioned, being in the second tier of Scottish football and the season not starting until October certainly didn't help our ability to bring quality players to the club. Now we're back in the top flight the challenge is to build a team capable of a top 6 finish, and develop on from there. Interesting times ahead.

Best post on the thread

1 hour ago, BigPaul365 said:

Fair comment. 

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Oh yes do we did. Sorry. I will have forgotten this triumph more quickly.

Don't get too blasé about it...or you won't enjoy it again at the end of this 5 year cycle.

Edited by Taffin

maroonlegions
10 hours ago, cosanostra said:

The sooner we forget about this shitey season, the better.

No celebration required.

And if we had won the cup, would that still have applied..

1 hour ago, BigPaul365 said:

He’s had all season to play attacking football.

44 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

And if we had won the cup, would that still have applied..

😂

Are you joking?

If we'd won the cup, Robbie would get a massive break on how terrible we've been and this would be the 4th best season since 98. 

But we didn't so your question is really weird.

KyleLafferty

I can’t see him playing anyone who won’t be here next season. Already bombed Berra, Popescu, kasstneer, Frear, think Irving might be limited aswell due to his contract situation. 

JudyJudyJudy

The scummy Hobbos out on force on my Facebook laughing about us getting back up.  " just the championship title"...aye the same ****ing championship you took a few years to get back up from you bunch of c&&&&&  was my response...touche. 

Hagar the Horrible

The message was clear. ICT had the benefits from the maroon pound. Every other club who thought that thousands of Hearts fans would boost their coffers made nada from us. It turned out to be a season long boycott. Still you all had that rousing speech by lawwell Celtic and their fanbase looked after you all. Dundee got their big glamour game..oh wait they all backed the wrong horse now stew in your own juices. There is your medicine. Hearts first Hearts only. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

The scummy Hobbos out on force on my Facebook laughing about us getting back up.  " just the championship title"...aye the same ****ing championship you took a few years to get back up from you bunch of c&&&&&  was my response...touche. 

Exactly and did so at a snails pace whilst also being pretty much Colin Nish since the turn of the year. How many years were they there? 

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Why do you ask that?

Its a fairly self explanatory question in reply to your post .

Would us winning the cup this year be regarded as a non celebratory piece of silverware as to us wining the Championship with the SAME bunch of players..????  

Eh, but, but , but, eh...:laugh:

Edited by maroonlegions

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Beave1874 said:

Exactly and did so at a snails pace whilst also being pretty much Colin Nish since the turn of the year. How many years were they there? 

I think they were there 3 years ? Be good to confirm it though ?

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Beave1874 said:

THREE seasons, they are skilled at forgetting and ignoring FACTS that they hate being REMINDED  about , like having the WORST derby record in Europe..

Just now, maroonlegions said:

Its a fairly self explanatory question in reply to your post .

Would us winning the cup this year be regarded as a non celebratory piece of silverware as to us wining the Championship with the SAME bunch of players..????  

It wasn’t my question you answered to, I was just wondering why you asked. In what way is winning the Scottish Cup comparable to getting out of the Championship? It might be obvious to you but not to me. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

THREE seasons, they are skilled at forgetting and ignoring FACTS that they hate being REMINDED  about , like having the WORST derby record in Europe..

Thanks yes it was 3 seasons .. Ill rub that in their manky puses 

maroonlegions
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It wasn’t my question you answered to, I was just wondering why you asked. In what way is winning the Scottish Cup comparable to getting out of the Championship? It might be obvious to you but not to me. 

You know exactly what i meant.. You specificity meant NON celebratory in regards to us wining the Championship, not getting out of it. I asked if wining the cup would also be regarded as non celebratory . Obvious comparison to me but it looks like it aint to you..  

You know exactly what i meant.. You specificity meant NON celebratory in regards to us wining the Championship, not getting out of it. I asked if wining the cup would also be regarded as non celebratory . Obvious comparison to me but it looks like it aint to you..  

Again, it wasn’t my question you answered earlier. I haven’t mentioned not celebrating winning the championship. Again, what does winning the championship have to do with winning the Scottish cup? I don’t understand. 

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Thanks yes it was 3 seasons .. Ill rub that in their manky puses 

And the fact they have the worse derby record  in Europe and that we have won at Easter Road more times than they have won derbies against us..

JudyJudyJudy

And the fact they have the worse derby record  in Europe and that we have won at Easter Road more times than they have won derbies against us..

Yep 

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Again, it wasn’t my question you answered earlier. I haven’t mentioned not celebrating winning the championship. Again, what does winning the championship have to do with winning the Scottish cup? I don’t understand. 

Youre  right mate so sorry got your post mixed up with another poster, was a bit pissed at the time..

Edited by maroonlegions

Youre mate so sorry got your post mixed up with another poster, was a bit pissed at the time..

Cool 👍

maroonlegions
13 hours ago, cosanostra said:

The sooner we forget about this shitey season, the better.

No celebration required.

:tlj:

Shitey season yes.. But..

Edited by maroonlegions

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, BigPaul365 said:

We could win every game 6 nil til the season ends, it changes nothing with regards to Robbie. 

He cannot take us forward.

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

😂

Are you joking?

If we'd won the cup, Robbie would get a massive break on how terrible we've been and this would be the 4th best season since 98. 

But we didn't so your question is really weird.

Still does not make sense if you regard wining the championship as non celebratory but then give no direct answer as to wining the cup.. Thats weird.   

Robbie is still getting a pat on the back for wining the Championship..??

So which is it, leaving out Robbie.. ??

Edited by maroonlegions

This season and the recent performances have been uninspiring so much so that I have only just picked up that we have won the league. 
Congratulations are due and us winning it should never have been in doubt but I have no real feeling of jubilation  principally due to the way we have played (yesterday was an exception). The blame IMO for the lack lustre performances lie at the door of Neilson. We can not go into next season with this attitude, changes are required or we will be nestled in the bottom two just like last season. 
Will these changes happen? I doubt it. We may bring in a couple of players but there will be no management changes and therefore no change in our playing style. I fear it will be another lack lustre season. 

Edited by Boy Daniel

4 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

He’s had all season to play attacking football.

I know, and this is why I don’t want him to be our manager next season. 

2 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

We could win every game 6 nil til the season ends, it changes nothing with regards to Robbie. 

He cannot take us forward.

Agree, I would still be concerned that it would be 10 men behind the ball away from home every game next season. You can see so many minds changed already with one victory, here comes arguing Jambo’s time just as almost everyone agreed on something for once. 

wheatfield to sheffield
20 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

Why would we celebrate with mushrooms?

Championies championies oh way oh way oh way. Marshalls, the chunky chicken champions

Guest ToqueJambo
5 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Charlie Adam realising Hearts have won the Championship

172213509_3894900493932331_3380521628972483312_n.jpg

"Dundee's Charlie Adam says he wants to be the 'best player' in the Championship this season as his side prepare to start their campaign away to Hearts on Friday." - BBC, October 16th

Mwahahaha. The money Dundee have spent on their team as well to try to compete with us (as a consequence of their vote) and not even guaranteed a playoff spot. Talk about shooting yourselves in both feet, and the balls for good measure. Not to mention also voting to award a title to your city rivals. How could you even look D Utd fans in the face after all that?

Edited by ToqueJambo

9 hours ago, NLTFTh said:

At least we're out the tinpot league... 

Next

Next is : the other tinpot league

11 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Wouldn’t be to bothered to field a team of youngsters in our game against them 😜😜

even just to see the seethe from Dundee etc 

image.png

Could we not play our woman’s team

Montgomery Brewster
8 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

And we currently still have a better points per game than when they came up at the 3rd attempt. They played 36 games and only got 70 points

**** THE HIBS

F T H 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

And we currently still have a better points per game than when they came up at the 3rd attempt. They played 36 games and only got 70 points

**** THE HIBS

F T H 

Yes bunch of c**** ! Lol 

16 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Bin the thing and set the league flag on fire.

Absolute nonsense. Get a life and support the club or?...

indianajones
2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

You serious? 

Should take the opportunity to make a statement to those that shat on us last season. 

6 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

We should just not bother going up. Then we could win it every year.