Official "Championship Winners" Thread (merged)

maroonlegions

7 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Still does not make sense if you regard wining the championship as non celebratory but then give no direct answer as to wining the cup.. Thats weird.   

Robbie is still getting a pat on the back for wining the Championship..??

So which is it, leaving out Robbie.. ??

I've read that a few times now and I've still no idea what you're asking me.

If we'd won the cup, this would probably be our 4th best season since 1998, despite how awful it's been. 

We didn't though so this season has been dismal. Probably the worst since 1998. 

Is that what you're asking?

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonlegions

• sadj

• GinRummy

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

You serious? 

Should take the opportunity to make a statement to those that shat on us last season. 

Pathetic. Do I really think the other clubs and officials will see that point of view.

After The Watershed

We should celebrate this title. We should have a presentation and we should make plenty of comment about how we should never have been in this position.

The majority of teams and fans in the SPFL wanted to see us fail in our attempts to get promoted. In this league, teams wanted money spinners against us and when that failed they threw the teddy's from the prams. Banning audio coverage showed how pathetic some clubs are. Do you think the likes of Roy McGregor wouldn't have been laughing at us if we hadn't won the league? 

So let's celebrate this title and say get it right up you, to those that were happy to see us suffer last year.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Rather than being presented with a trophy, can we put Neil Doncaster in stocks on the plaza instead? That would be a real celebration.

credit card

The only thing to celebrate is that every other tinpot team in this league got what they deserved for their votes.....diddly squat. So proud that's the way it turned out. Winning the league was a given. Of course ICT got what they deserved for sporting integrity, again pleasing.

The talk of not celebrating a title like this is Old Firm patter. We are better than that. We can make statements like it shouldn’t have happened etc

Jambo in Bathgate
24 minutes ago, After The Watershed said:

We should celebrate this title. We should have a presentation and we should make plenty of comment about how we should never have been in this position.

The majority of teams and fans in the SPFL wanted to see us fail in our attempts to get promoted. In this league, teams wanted money spinners against us and when that failed they threw the teddy's from the prams. Banning audio coverage showed how pathetic some clubs are. Do you think the likes of Roy McGregor wouldn't have been laughing at us if we hadn't won the league? 

So let's celebrate this title and say get it right up you, to those that were happy to see us suffer last year.

Exactly. We were demoted. Everything was done to try and disadvantage us. Starting league in October. Almost having the league shutdown to deflect any shutdown of SPL due to their COVID breaches. Only 3 substitutes when all other leagues had 5. 
We won the league allow all at Tynecastle Park to celebrate going back up. Well done to all. 

Hagar the Horrible

I need to ask what is it about the BBC and punditry in general.  The doctrine the emit I will grant is based on a bird’s eye view, but it is lazy not to delve deeper when spouting a pro forma statement son the way things are in their opinion in which they get paid to offer an insight that us mere mortal don’t get to see.  But I expect them to speak to a lot more people before putting to type their copy.  We assume they have unlimited access to the players, medical staff, directors, management, coaching and everybody apart from the fans.  Wrong! a few ex-players and pundits in general, just base their whole view from pre and post-match interviews, and the game as they see it.  They see what we see, they no longer get the view of is that by design or just a bad day at the office, case and point our insistence to keep the ball rather than cross it to 2x6 foot+ forwards.

This is not a criticism of Leanne Crichton but her  copy yesterday just follows the rules that pundits apply to the letter,  its too close to red top journalism of bland.  Sometimes you get a a Tom English who does the job with pride, you might not like what he says but its researched.

These points are Leannes, but they are stereotypical of punditry  and so far removed from the real world, you could argue its just a view they form which should be respected but lets examine the facts:

“It is possibly the most understated celebration of a title win Scottish football has seen”.  Good start but not backed up by evidence.

“Hearts have suffered more than most in the SPFL,”  Others will debate we have suffered the most by including a huge financial hit. 

“When they accepted their fate” This is where it all b reaks down, we never accepted our fate, hence why we went to court but we were forced to comply to a corrupt system behind locked doors rather than a court case in the public.

“Relegation”….NO Demotion, it says so on the Hearts website!

Talking of being crowned champions “perhaps not in the manner some of the club's support would have liked. It's safe to say opinion has been divided at best”  Some,  sorry nobody can be happy with that, and guess what nobody I know is!  That negates the divided part as well,  hmmm I go for unified!

The rest of her column is reasonable apart from this which is worrying “He deserves the chance of summer recruitment and an opportunity to take the club forward”  He has had a season and all we see is eye bleeding football, what’s the point of recruiting other who can add to the eyesore that will be the safe option in a top flight league, which is just as crap as the one we are in.

I am with Soapy on this, let’s celebrate when we have achieved something worth celebrating, not stumble over a finish line.  And finally some of us saw the faults in the games we won well, Most saw the cracks in the games we won ugly, but all got there in the end when his style would and did bite us on the arse, that this is not how anybody wants to win a league and as such THEE most understated celebration of a title win EVER!

I ain’t pro Robbie at the moment or think it’s the best thing to continue with him. That said, This championship win - it just doesn’t feel like anything other than we accepted what happened, got the heads down, and made sure we were coming back up. There was no viable alternative to do anything else other than get on with things. It’s tainted, that’s for sure.

Rightly or wrongly I just don’t see how the players can avoid taking the trophy, disappearing down the tunnel etc. I don’t see what good it would do and if we done something like this I could see some smug faces in the background with these ****ing imbeciles and imposters that work for the ruling body, feeling somewhat vindicated, that what they did was right in the first place. That’s the sick mentality that we are dealing with. 

For me this is one for the support. At every opportunity possible and where the SPFL are concerned, show them nothing but hatred and contempt. If that means that the environment is made ultra comfortable for any of the blazers taking abuse, in and around our ground, or at a showpiece event, so be it. Show no mercy and let them have it. 

As far as the club goes, the only way that they will ever make the blazers feel uncomfortable is if the opportunity presents itself, and to us, to somehow deny or thwart one of the arse cheeks and put the SPFL in the position that they have to back us, and not both their employers 

Since that will never happen, which they proved last year, the abuse scenario may be the best thing for now. 

It’s like getting an all clear on your clap test, good news but a situation you’d rather not be in the first place. 

maroonlegions
18 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I've read that a few times now and I've still no idea what you're asking me.

If we'd won the cup, this would probably be our 4th best season since 1998, despite how awful it's been. 

We didn't though so this season has been dismal. Probably the worst since 1998. 

Is that what you're asking?

No i replied to your post along  the lines of  the "no celebratory " comment about us wining the league, i then asked you would you have celebrated a cup win with the SAME manager and TEAM ..

My question was why celebrate a cup win and not the Championship win, both are silverware regardless of how long we have won them..

Pasquale for King

I have no doubt Budge and Neilson will celebrate this title win to try and show that it’s been a great season and we should be thankful. **** that and them. 

Nookie Bear
58 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I have no doubt Budge and Neilson will celebrate this title win to try and show that it’s been a great season and we should be thankful. **** that and them. 

Can see a Mission Accomplished tweet being released 😏

4 hours ago, dumpson said:

It’s like getting an all clear on your clap test, good news but a situation you’d rather not be in the first place. 

Been there have you ?

2 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Been there have you ?

I have neither won the Championship nor had a clean bill of health post swab.

Just now, dumpson said:

I have neither won the Championship nor had a clean bill of health post swab.

You poor man...This is my third ! ... of both...

6 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

No i replied to your post along  the lines of  the "no celebratory " comment about us wining the league, i then asked you would you have celebrated a cup win with the SAME manager and TEAM ..

My question was why celebrate a cup win and not the Championship win, both are silverware regardless of how long we have won them..

No idea what the first paragraph means - sorry.

The 2nd I would have thought was quite obvious. The Scottish Cup is pretty much as good as it gets for non-OF clubs. We're highly unlikely to win the Premiership so realistically winning that would make this last year our 4th best season in many years.

The Championship (this year) on the other hand is a complete embarrassment that we're even there. We won it without ever playing well, embarrassing and demoralising losses in both cups and with a majority of fans having no confidence in our manager and owner. 

There's really not much to celebrate for a lot of fans right now. You knock yourself out though if you feel like celebrating.