Official "Championship Winners" Thread (merged)

maroonlegions

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonlegions

• sadj

• GinRummy

• JudyJudyJudy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

It's ironic that we've won the league due to other sides not winning! The story of the season.

Seems a hollow victory to me this one. 

The last time In the Championship we won the league due to The Rangers beating Hibs at ER. 

Similarly to now it was incidental as we were already streets ahead on points. 

Dont see what your point is tbh. 

Job done, not been the best of seasons, but the main objective done , so well done.

let the rebuild begin 

Right bunch of dour faced miserable depressing buggers in our support.  Can't even enjoy us getting back up first time of asking.

Champions!  

Pasquale for King

Someone has tweeted that Shay Logan has won the sane America but of trophies in 10 days with us as 10 years with Aberdeen, the sheep are going crazy 😆😂

1 hour ago, 22games nro said:

Aye was bumping his gums along the lines of wanting hearts back in premiership, with added financial bonus etc, 

But didn’t mention they were happy to lose over £100k when they voted against us   As much as I loved going there I’m never setting foot in the place again. 

I agree but the temptation will far outweigh the principal for most.  A lot will depend on when the fixture is played and if we are off to a flyer etc etc.

Itll be an easy decision if Robbies manager also tbf

Rocky jamboa
39 minutes ago, luckydug said:

The last time In the Championship we won the league due to The Rangers beating Hibs at ER. 

Similarly to now it was incidental as we were already streets ahead on points. 

Dont see what your point is tbh. 

Every time we've slipped up this season, our so called rivals have slipped up as well. We've won a very poor championship.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

It's ironic that we've won the league due to other sides not winning! The story of the season.

Seems a hollow victory to me this one. 

Isn't that how every league everywhere in the history of football has been won? 

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Every time we've slipped up this season, our so called rivals have slipped up as well. We've won a very poor championship.

We've been on the other side of that coin many, many times. "If only we'd beaten so and so..." How often have we had a chance and slipped up? Happens almost every season. It happened this year in the LC and SC as we could have had a great chance of winning either the way the other ties panned out. This season we basically did what Celtic have been doing for years - we won a very poor league by being more consistent than the rest and winning the bigger games when it mattered.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

Better than losing a fantastic championship.

Reality,this season was about getting promoted.

We have done it,without much fuss.

Our football has however been dire.

Robbie isnt the one to lead us next season.

Guest ToqueJambo
55 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Killie fans will be spewing at the big man's love for the Herts hahaha 

6132E9AF-251E-4B42-AB25-DCD37C058D34.jpeg

Especially if we swap places with them. Although I'd like Hamilton and County to go down as two of the clubs that acted the worst last season, Killie can be annoying against us so I won't be devastated if they go down.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Champions and not a penny given to those who craved our cash.... 

A very important point - all spent on more worthwhile things like bog roll or channeled into our own team instead.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Quite telling that at 11pm the main thread about our first trophy win in 9 years runs to a mere 8 pages. 

Probably because we basically won it on October 16th 2020. At least we did in the minds of those of us who weren't crying ourselves to sleep over imaginary stories of Raith Rovers winning all their 5 million games in hand.

Geoff Kilpatrick
22 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Quite telling that at 11pm the main thread about our first trophy win in 9 years runs to a mere 8 pages. 

Only if you count tinpot league as trophies. For me, it's as significant as the Festival Cup.

Francis Albert
11 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Probably because we basically won it on October 16th 2020. At least we did in the minds of those of us who weren't crying ourselves to sleep over imaginary stories of Raith Rovers winning all their 5 million games in hand.

Kind of my point. We won it months ago despite playing boring eye bleeding football for months on end.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Francis Albert said:

Kind of my point. We won it months ago despite playing boring eye bleeding football for months on end.

I had no idea eyes could bleed so much.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Only if you count tinpot league as trophies. For me, it's as significant as the Festival Cup.

I didn't say it was a trophy worth winning. But we haven't won a Festival Cup or East of Scotland Shield or equivalent in 9 years.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, Francis Albert said:

I didn't say it was a trophy worth winning. But we haven't won a Festival Cup or East of Scotland Shield or equivalent in 9 years.

Good to know. That's how much attention I pay to them.

Stendelnator
28 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Didn’t we win this exact same trophy in 2015?

Francis Albert
Just now, Stendelnator said:

Oh yes do we did. Sorry. I will have forgotten this triumph more quickly.

Geoff Kilpatrick

It will be tragic, but not surprising, if the club bring out merch celebrating something that we shouldn't have been in in the first place.

2 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

This isn't a new phenomenon on here, we got to a Cup Final only a few years ago which has been erased from the memory and we didn't deserve to be there anyway because we didn't play anybody. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

It will be tragic, but not surprising, if the club bring out merch celebrating something that we shouldn't have been in in the first place.

I don't know. Some cheeky medicine inspired stuff could be a crowd-pleaser.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

The sooner we forget about this shitey season, the better.

No celebration required.

Correct. 3 fixtures to fulfil and nothing else. Start removing dead wood as soon as possible.

2 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

The sooner we forget about this shitey season, the better.

No celebration required.

Agreed. We had like 3 good league games all season.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Correct. 3 fixtures to fulfil and nothing else. Start removing dead wood as soon as possible.

Just now, Sertse said:

Pretty much.

The vermin game was pretty much the sole highlight. Actually, the Dundee home game at the start.

Apart from that, mostly average to terrible.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Someone has tweeted that Shay Logan has won the sane America but of trophies in 10 days with us as 10 years with Aberdeen, the sheep are going crazy 😆😂

Brilliant 🤣🤣

52 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Champions and not a penny given to those who craved our cash.... 

This 

15 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Yh i thought so too 🤷🏻‍♂️

Francis Albert
10 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

This isn't a new phenomenon on here, we got to a Cup Final only a few years ago which has been erased from the memory and we didn't deserve to be there anyway because we didn't play anybody. 

At the risk of being slightly embarrassed again by my declining memory what final was that? 

But at least I am doing my best to get the thread about today's trophy triumph into double figures in pages numbers.

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Just 3? I like goals and we've scored 3 or more in 11 games (Scored more than 5 goals 4 times which could be a record?)

So that plus the Hibs game makes 12 games I genuinely enjoyed. Although I also like the odd tense 1-goal win and the ones against Dunfermline, Dundee and Caley stand out. So I'll go with 15 total in all comps.

Edited by ToqueJambo

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

At the risk of being slightly embarrassed again by my declining memory what final was that? 

But at least I am doing my best to get the thread about today's trophy triumph into double figures in pages numbers.

Thanks for proving my point, it's been erased from our short term history because the Devil incarnate was in charge.

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Thanks for proving my point, it's been erased from our short term history because the Devil incarnate was in charge.

Don't tease. Which final in recent years  has been erased from our memories?

12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Don't tease. Which final in recent years  has been erased from our memories?

Google is your friend !

Francis Albert
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

Google is your friend !

Ah of course. The game we gave Celtic their treble treble. I was there. My fading memory is my friend.

georgiehearts66

Not an unexpected outcome. Nevertheless very glad we can put this season behind us and look forward to challenges ahead. 

2 hours ago, Tott said:

image.png.c933e72dcf139b0f027e611c3721de53.png

I hope ICT come up in the play offs and send county down the other way that would be so pleasing.

4 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Aye was bumping his gums along the lines of wanting hearts back in premiership, with added financial bonus etc, 

But didn’t mention they were happy to lose over £100k when they voted against us   As much as I loved going there I’m never setting foot in the place again. 

I fully agree.  Would love to see less than 100 Hearts there and a crowd of around 12,000.

And Hearts to thrash them.

manaliveits105

Do we now keep playing or best team to give them more time to blend for the last few games or blood some youth and avoid any injuries to top players - in view of poor form I think we need to go with best team with maybe the odd introduction

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Do we now keep playing or best team to give them more time to blend for the last few games or blood some youth and avoid any injuries to top players - in view of poor form I think we need to go with best team with maybe the odd introduction

Some of the young guys are on loan but I’d expect at least McGill to get some minutes.