Euan Henderson

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Deserves a pat on the back for scoring a great goal, almost scoring a second and winning a penalty in style. I didn't know he had a second half like that in him.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Spellczech

• Des Lynam

Pasquale for King
Just now, tartofmidlothian said:

Deserves a pat on the back for scoring a great goal, almost scoring a second and winning a penalty in style. I didn't know he had a second half like that in him.

Definitely his best performance so far and playing in his correct position. 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Played in his best position in an attacking team. Well played son.

We (he) knows he has something to offer let’s see if it continues. We need somethings from the much vaunted Academy. 

Diadora Van Basten

He was signed as a striker and played as attacking midfielder as we had no pace.

I feel a bit for him as I have a son the same age and it was always going to be hard for him. I think a lot of people wrote him off when he is very young.

I thought he was brilliant today and it was good to see him play his natural game.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

To be fair he showed more of what he had started to show under Stendel. Just shows that the best part of another year of this lad’s career has been wasted for no obvious reason.

Not saying he is Pele but you’re guaranteed effort and pace from him. The more games he gets you’ll start to get a more

finished product.

That run for the penalty was insane. Had he just got a wee break and manage to get a chance to lift the ball over the keeper it would have been a fantastic goal. 

No Idle Talk

I still have my doubts but he did well tonight and he has a good positive attitude. Even if he's not the most talented player in the world, he always wants to take the ball and run at defenders. I like that. There have been too many matches this season where players with more ability than Henderson have hid and passed the buck by taking the safe option. That's something you can't accuse Henderson of. He's earned the right to start against Morton with his performance tonight.

He's always got pass marks from me because his effort is always 100%. 

It's unfortunate he's been surrounded by players who's effort has been questionable at best. 

Still a young guy and he's got the build, hopeful. 

10 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Delighted to see it. Finally produced a performance like he played in the Reserves.

👍

AllyjamboDerbyshire

He looked like he'd just been set free. In some ways he looked like a player on his debut, he was so different - in a very positive way - to what we'd seen before.

36 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Shackles off too.

When I first saw him he played like that. Something has changed to play like that.

We were calling for youngsters to play too. 

45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think the first part comes from the second :thumbsup:

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Shackles off too.

When I first saw him he played like that. Something has changed to play like that.

We were calling for youngsters to play too. 

It was great to see, we need that energy in the team 

Saint Jambo
33 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

I still have my doubts but he did well tonight and he has a good positive attitude. Even if he's not the most talented player in the world, he always wants to take the ball and run at defenders. I like that. There have been too many matches this season where players with more ability than Henderson have hid and passed the buck by taking the safe option. That's something you can't accuse Henderson of. He's earned the right to start against Morton with his performance tonight.

There was a point at 0-0 when he got the ball on the left, stood face-to-face with the defender for a second or two, and then rather than taking him on played a safe short backward pass to Halliday. And I thought, here we go again with bot being willing to take risks in the right areas of the pitch. Was great to see him come to a game after that. Hopefully something to build on between now and the end of the season.

Amazed to hear that he has played over 40 games. Ok a lot of them have been sub appearances, but he is definitely one who has been given chances. He turns 21 in the summer and has a year left on his contract, so could do with ending this season in a way that sets him up to make next season his real break through season. Fingers crossed.

Well played Henderson. This is what we’re looking for every week. 🇱🇻🇱🇻👏👏

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

What a difference to watch someone want to run and take people on. 

Sounds like a simple thing but it’s been sadly lacking. 

Captain Canada

That was the best I've seen him play. He had the freedom to express himself and put in a great performance. 

50 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

A natural finisher, give him the chance from now til the end of the season

Agreed, let him play on the shoulder of the last man. He seems to have pace and can finish. We’re to quick to disregard young talent at our club without a proper chance. Look at our neighbours bigging up Porteus, Doig and dare I say it Nisbet to be worth millions when all 3 are nothing special.  

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

That was the best I've seen him play. He had the freedom to express himself and put in a great performance. 

I think the whole team seemed to have a bit more freedom to play with shackles off for the first time in a while. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

He has played better don’t judge on one run with the ball

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I think the whole team seemed to have a bit more freedom to play with shackles off for the first time in a while. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, NB GIN said:

He has played better don’t judge on one run with the ball

I wasn’t, I was thinking more of his goal and the one that go chopped off. He had some decent games under Stendel too. 

4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I wasn’t, I was thinking more of his goal and the one that go chopped off. He had some decent games under Stendel too. 

Spot on 👍

A_A wehatethehibs

He is a serious athlete and mentally he looked angry tonight. Something clicked. There was a flash of his power under stendel but it was not directed towards the goal. It was last night. Great to see him step up his game well done henaldo

Played with a bit of freedom and gained confidence and belief as game progressed.

would have given him the ninety as he looked to really be enjoying himself. 

Exactly what he needed.

John Kimble

After the first 20 mins and in general I was wondering what anyone sees in this kid and then like a switch he clicked. Looked excellent after that, happy to be proven wrong! Hopefully he kicks on now and becomes the type of player we saw last night. 

1 minute ago, John Kimble said:

After the first 20 mins and in general I was wondering what anyone sees in this kid and then like a switch he clicked. Looked excellent after that, happy to be proven wrong! Hopefully he kicks on now and becomes the type of player we saw last night. 

Agreed, it was like the run that won the penalty turned a switch. Always felt he needed the shackles to come off when Ive watched him. Got all the attributes to be a good player just hope he's got the mentality for it. He's going to have poor games going forward so up to him not let that affect him but also up to management to keep playing him and show him some faith. 

8 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I believe he is the fastest over 60m at the club.

Indeed. I remember the section during the documentary when under Stendal the young players where tested for their sharpness, mental speed, speed of reaction, alertness... or call it what you will. Stendal said that Hendo was the fastest.

He deserves credit for last night.

I still wish he'd come out of his shell. He looks like he's the shyest, quietest guy in Scottish football. If he could get nastier, there might be an asset in there.

18 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

I still wish he'd come out of his shell. He looks like he's the shyest, quietest guy in Scottish football. If he could get nastier, there might be an asset in there.

How many years do we have to wait for him to come out of his shell. Yes I agree that he played much better last night but most times he is given a start he does very little. 

4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

How many years do we have to wait for him to come out of his shell. Yes I agree that he played much better last night but most times he is given a start he does very little. 

I agree 100%

Berra than you
18 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Whilst I agree, he has very rarely had a start in his favoured position.

sandylejambo

Until the penalty run, I was shouting at the telly for him to get involved, I'm glad he heard me. He did seem to inspire others around him too. The whole team lifted when he did. Well done young man.

48 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

Think that is his problem . Hopefully last night helped 

He has had a lot of stick on here (who hasn't) . One poster said he had no pace !

Been in squad a lot , obviously coaches see he has something .

Time for him to step on and prove he is a first team player

Brilliant run for his goal. He realised after he went past one he could go past another and then another. I didn’t think he had it to succeed at Hearts and I’m not sure a game against Alloa at home is enough to judge him by completely. However, if he keeps playing like that I’ll admit I was wrong. 

Gordon Ramsay

Taken about 3 years for him to do something. Great run but needs to show levels like that in every game to make it at Hearts.