Credit where credit's due

RS86

kingantti1874

Credit to the fans, clearly we’ve got a reaction from the players and we saw an acceptable level of effort for the second time in the league this season. 

neilsons reluctant admission that he has had the shape and the selection wrong all season also helped.

Italian Lambretta

Rumours on Twitter that the fax machine suddenly kicked into action after 10 years and out popped a team sheet. The number on the machine wasn't familiar but  it had a Moscow prefix.

The wife had been in another room watching something else. She came into the room after the match was over and asked the score.

Six nil I said.

Who for? She asked in all seriousness.

That for me summed up perfectly this farcical season and how far our standing has fallen.

Mind you she's a Pars fan so was maybe taking the p!ss. 😀

6 hours ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I dunno. I eff loved that performance tonight. One swallow and all that..take this form to cappielow and demolish them to win the league please.

But will Neilson take that positivity into the game away to Morton.....or will he revert to type?

Hopefully a good template for the new manager to build on. 

Souttar and Smith to cover for Halkett is reassuring and gives us scope to play out well from the back. 

whilst a nominal two central midfielders feels like it could get overwhelmed, Logan and Halliday tucking in on our narrow pitch, alongside the energy of Boyce and Henderson dropping beck to cover the wings actually looks really solid. 

Front 3 looked like they could have pressed all day. That will be important against better teams. 

Balance felt really good. Six players who have been defenders for big chunks of their careers when we’re off the ball, only Halkett who offers little going forward when we’re on it. 

We were effectively playing against training cones, but great to see some logic applied to the selection. Way too late, but good to see. 

Jamie and Naismith will do well to win starting spots back. Can’t afford strollers in that part of the pitch next season. A modern press would take so much pressure off our central midfield and defence. 

A promising step forward. 

The_razors_edge

Neilson’s credit is at 0 with a lot of the fans. 

A decent win against part-time, bottom of the league cannon fodder is the minimum we should be expecting. Not a result to be ‘celebrated’ ffs 🤦🏼‍♂️

The fact some fans are celebrating it shows how catastrophically bad we’ve been at times this season. 

No Hearts manager should ever survive a defeat to Brora Rangers. Hopefully he’ll be away in the summer and he can take his book of excuses with him. 

11 hours ago, Gambo said:

Is this how low we have sunk, giving credit to beating the might Alloa AFC at home.🤣😂

If we win our remaining games in a convincing manner would people then get behind the team ? 

Or would the witch hunt continue ? 

34 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If we win our remaining games in a convincing manner would people then get behind the team ? 

Or would the witch hunt continue ? 

Behind the team 100%, but Neilson Out.

Ex member of the SaS

Papering over cracks, I would have expected nothing less from a Hearts team playing Alloa. His recent results have condemned him and he still must go.

Beating a professional football team 6-0 is an excellent performance and result at any level. 

The truth is that Robbie could win the next 100 games 6-0 and folk are still going to want him punted. 

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Papering over cracks, I would have expected nothing less from a Hearts team playing Alloa. His recent results have condemned him and he still must go.

You should have come on here yesterday then and told us we would win by at least 6 goals.

12 hours ago, Under the floodlight said:

After watching previous games and tonight's game, the difference is unbelievable, its like they hired contractors to come in and train/prep the players for the game. I know I won't get carried away just yet, but the match was enjoyable for once.

Joe Savage input.Probably out of the Alex Neil book.There is no way Neilson after months and months of shit suddenly gets them playing like that.

Under the floodlight
49 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Joe Savage input.Probably out of the Alex Neil book.There is no way Neilson after months and months of shit suddenly gets them playing like that.

If true, Anne Budge must get shot of Robbie pronto. You have an outsider giving advice on team matters, there's no need for management to be there. 

2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

The truth is that Robbie could win the next 100 games 6-0 and folk are still going to want him punted. 

Disagree.

I think we'd all love it!

Morton game important now for RN. Does he have the nous to field same xi and employ same tactics? In other words, no tinkering!

Hope so, but track record suggests otherwise.

Alternatively, of course, conspiracy theorists may argue last night's team & style were foisted on RN? Or perhaps Robbie Roulette just managed to come up trumps?

I must be suffering premature memory loss or something. So many posts from people saying 6-0 is what we should always score against teams like Alloa and other outfits that are part time dross. It’s the norm apparently. I’ve supported Hearts for decades and seem to have forgotten us swatting these teams away like troublesome flies every time we played them. 

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

You should have come on here yesterday then and told us we would win by at least 6 goals.

I defy even you to predict a draw never mind a win the way they have been playing, considering the recent team tactics and selections. You happy clappers will be shouting how good it is to be winning games at the bottom of the league to keep us from battling relegation next season.

17 hours ago, Haken said:

I felt some of the play was still a bit scrappy, especially first half.  But you can’t argue with six goals, some very well taken.  Also makes a nice difference to be able to pick out a few players and say they did well.  One swallow does not a summer make, but I’m not going to berate anyone tonight.

We didn't settle until the first goal was scored. Then they relaxed and started to play some resemblance to football. Doesn't change my feelings that we need someone new with no previous connection to the club to replace Robbie.

4 hours ago, Boris said:

Disagree.

I think we'd all love it!

Morton game important now for RN. Does he have the nous to field same xi and employ same tactics? In other words, no tinkering!

Hope so, but track record suggests otherwise.

Alternatively, of course, conspiracy theorists may argue last night's team & style were foisted on RN? Or perhaps Robbie Roulette just managed to come up trumps?

Some folk on here have got it in for him and will not reconsider their position regardless of how he does from now on. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Some folk on here have got it in for him and will not reconsider their position regardless of how he does from now on. 

I guess both ends of the spectrum are entrenched.

I try to remain pretty much in the middle, but can oscillate wildly, depending on what is served up.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

because he is a poor manager, poor coach, had been known to lie, is full of excuses and never takes responsibility for the shit, he’s also unfathomably arrogant and dismissive of the support. Combined with some of the worst results in the history of the club - trust is gone, bridges are burnt.

13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I think it goes way beyond that. Sure, some folk didn’t want him back and were ready to pounce at any opportunity, that’s a fact. I don’t believe for one second that anyone with a basic grasp of football truly believes he’s the best man to give us the best opportunity of a successful season in the top flight. For me, that’s the bottom line. 

Edited by GinRummy

58 minutes ago, Boris said:

I try to remain pretty much in the middle, but can oscillate wildly, depending on what is served up.

Like yourself I'll call it as it is. 

54 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

because he is a poor manager, poor coach, had been known to lie, is full of excuses and never takes responsibility for the shit, he’s also unfathomably arrogant and dismissive of the support. Combined with some of the worst results in the history of the club - trust is gone, bridges are burnt.

Perhaps but if he is incharge next season and we are at a level we should be at, will folk climb down from their perches? 

48 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I think it goes way beyond that. Sure, some folk didn’t want him back and were ready to pounce at any opportunity, that’s a fact. I don’t believe for one second that anyone with a basic grasp of football truly believes he’s the best man to give us the best opportunity of a successful season in the top flight. For me, that’s the bottom line. 

Agree, I don't think he's the right manager either. I think that performance was a bit late in the day.

The point is though, as Hearts supporters, do folk continue to call for his head next season if he's still here and got us back to a good level?

I guess there are those that will never come around even if he got the chance to prove folk wrong. 

Brick Tamland
1 hour ago, Boris said:

Great tune and a great performance 

VikingHeart

Personally I would've settled with a narrow win but 6-0 is excellent. Really looking forward to top flight football again🍻

46 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The point is though, as Hearts supporters, do folk continue to call for his head next season if he's still here and got us back to a good level?

I guess there are those that will never come around even if he got the chance to prove folk wrong. 

They will continue to call for his head. Speaking personally, if the teams doing well I am happy. No matter the manager. 

Edited by GinRummy

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They will continue to call for his head. Speaking personally, if the teams doing well I am happy. No matter the manager. 

Same as mate. That's what matters. 👍

9 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Beating a professional football team 6-0 is an excellent performance and result at any level. 

That would mean at least 2 spl titles lol never going to happen, if he did that even i would cut him some slack.

Smoked-Glass

Alloa are bottom of league and they beat us in the cup. 

Still a shyte season but done enough to win this league 

ford donald
23 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Like yourself I'll call it as it is. 

Perhaps but if he is incharge next season and we are at a level we should be at, will folk climb down from their perches? 

Agree, I don't think he's the right manager either. I think that performance was a bit late in the day.

Lots of people on here wanted to give CL extra time,when it was staring them in the face for long enough,he was a failure,don't

make the same mistake RN.

On 10/04/2021 at 13:55, Tazio said:

I must be suffering premature memory loss or something. So many posts from people saying 6-0 is what we should always score against teams like Alloa and other outfits that are part time dross. It’s the norm apparently. I’ve supported Hearts for decades and seem to have forgotten us swatting these teams away like troublesome flies every time we played them. 

I'm having the same memory loss problem. Some people must have clear memories of Hearts being an all-conquering side sweeping all but the topmost teams aside with disdain, but my ageing memory isn't recalling this at all. For some reason the images that keep flashing back include us playing against Dumbarton, Montrose, East Fife, Airdrie, Clydebank and even East Stirling, and not thrashing any of them. Of being happy when we signed such star players as Malcolm Robertson, Derek O'Connor and Stuart McLaren (the worst ever Hearts player imho). I'm sure it must just be my memory, let me go and check the record books to remind myself of all the trophies we've won since I started supporting Hearts in the 70's..... [Flicks through record books]...... Oh wait, maybe it isn't my memory failing after all!

tynietigers

I do get why people want rid of RN, the season on the whole hasn’t been brilliant but he has never finished lower than 3rd with us in either league which is not a bad feat. The cup games go against him and so they should but you don’t fire somebody for success and winning this league is just that no matter who you are playing. People talk about the competition being non existent but the OF must think that every season, there is a team there and with another defender, midfielder and a forward we should be ok. So say he gets a good start who knows where we end up but once again I can understand people not wanting to take that chance but I am as with the other options of management people have put forward I really don’t think they are really any better. Anyway it’s all about opinions, Robbie was good the last time apart from not putting h1b5 out the cup. Deep down I just want success like us all but we do really need to get behind the team because abusing them every week can’t be helping 👍🏻

3 hours ago, ford donald said:

Lots of people on here wanted to give CL extra time,when it was staring them in the face for long enough,he was a failure,don't

make the same mistake RN.

Pretty much the same Levein fanboys now converted into Neilson fanboys....

Ron Burgundy

It was great to watch but also tempered by the thought that maybe this flash in the pan buys the idiot in charge more time.

Bitter sweet.

On 09/04/2021 at 21:44, Gambo said:

Is this how low we have sunk, giving credit to beating the might Alloa AFC at home.🤣😂

One thing Ann Budge and Robbie Neilson have to be glad that there hasn’t been fans at our games this season because I recon Ann would of needed ear plugs and Neilson definitely would not of survived as manager. The constant abuse he would of received would of been 10 times more that Cathro got and Ann would of been unable not to act and sack him.