Credit where credit's due

RS86

Robbie changed the team and the approach tonight and we looked far better. The players looked up for it and put in a great shift.

Really encouraged to see Haring and Souttar get vital minutes in and they both played very well. Henderson also had a great 60 mins, lets hope he takes confidence from that and continues to impress.

It was against an Alloa side who are bottom and we really should be beating so not getting ahead of myself, but that was far more like it.

Greedy Jambo

I said straight away that the team looked like it hadn't been picked by robbie and predicted a 4-0 win. 

If it has taken him this long to pick a team that a random like me agrees with...

I want his wages, he still needs to go. 

I felt some of the play was still a bit scrappy, especially first half.  But you can’t argue with six goals, some very well taken.  Also makes a nice difference to be able to pick out a few players and say they did well.  One swallow does not a summer make, but I’m not going to berate anyone tonight.

fabienleclerq

I think the obvious stuff of it being Alloa and playing players in correct positions aside, the performance shows the players are still playing for him which I've doubted for a while. 

Still not convinced he's cracked it just yet but much better tonight. 

It was better, a lot better than recent weeks. However it was against part timers who are getting relegated. The big positive for me was seeing Haring getting game time. I really hope we can see him back to his full potential.

Mars plastic

Did he say there would be a few unhappy pundits and he’s glad to ram it down their throats?? 

He’s wired to Pluto if he thinks that excuses the utter shite he’s overseen this season. 

Edited by Mars plastic

SectionDJambo

Let’s see if he keeps a winning team and formation instead of messing around. He’s already talking about having a look and maybe changing a couple of things.

Hearts should be dictating the formations and style against every team in this league.

Robbie spends too much thought on how the opposition might hurt us. He played players in their positions tonight and we can see the difference.

It is simple stuff really. He spends too much time trying to be clever.

13 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I said straight away that the team looked like it hadn't been picked by robbie and predicted a 4-0 win. 

If it has taken him this long to pick a team that a random like me agrees with...

I want his wages, he still needs to go. 

I'm going to say I agree with you.Playing that 4231 one shit getting nothing out the players and suddenly Robbie comes out with this formation and gameplan nah not buying it.Happy as **** we won and won well though.

7 minutes ago, Mars plastic said:

Did he say there would be a few unhappy pundits and he’s glad to ram it down their throats?? 

He’s wired to Pluto if he thinks that excuses the utter shite he’s overseen this season. 

Most pundits have been backing him

22 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Is this how low we have sunk, giving credit to beating the might Alloa AFC at home.🤣😂

Personally I still want him gone. But that was far better than we have seen for weeks. The coming weeks will provide a clearer picture.

Captain Lithuania
Just now, Dia Liom said:

Good performance and goood result! Well done Robbie and team

Careful with that patter. Let me be the first to tell you it was only against Alloa. Phoodle, Snorseson etc etc. 

What we had today was leaders all over the park, Souttar and Haring back from injury and Smith and Gordon back from internationals and I believe all of them lift the standards of the team when they're all on the field, early days but Logan seems to be cut from a similar cloth

Changes nothing. The change of shape was needed months ago. 

If Robbie and the players are all high 5ing and patting themselves on the back then it is just further evidence of how low the standards are at Tynie. 

We beat a poor unorganised Alloa side at home. So what.  

I can’t give a guy any credit for playing with an attacking mindset after months of watching the same old shit and not changing it.

This was RN’s last throw of the dice in trying to save his job. He was backed into a corner and had to do it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

How we played tonight had the look of a “something happened” this week - possibly proper open and frank conversations with some of the more senior players in the team and Robbie.

I wonder if the coaches and team or senior “leaders” as they would be called in rugby had it out and the players had some influence in how they set up and how they wanted to change the style of play tonight and moving forward.

I know it happens in rugby quite a bit but I don’t know about football’s inner workings as well. It’s not players taking control but being given some responsibility.

The reason I say this is that - not ignoring that it was only Alloa - it is unusual for a change of formation to have such an instant impact and have all the players quite clearly buy into it.

Which is why I wonder if they bought into it because they were part of the decision making process and took ownership of it.

I am sure there are some on here that will know some of the team and tell me if I am speaking pish or not.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Jambof3tornado
23 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Let’s see if he keeps a winning team and formation instead of messing around. He’s already talking about having a look and maybe changing a couple of things.

Hearts should be dictating the formations and style against every team in this league.

Robbie spends too much thought on how the opposition might hurt us. He played players in their positions tonight and we can see the difference.

It is simple stuff really. He spends too much time trying to be clever.

This. Players played where they are best suited reaps rewards. Not exactly a shocking revelation.

It was a very good performance. Now we need to  follow it up with another one......the jury is very much, still out!!

Under the floodlight

After watching previous games and tonight's game, the difference is unbelievable, its like they hired contractors to come in and train/prep the players for the game. I know I won't get carried away just yet, but the match was enjoyable for once.

Gordon Ramsay
1 hour ago, Gambo said:

Is this how low we have sunk, giving credit to beating the might Alloa AFC at home.🤣😂

Yep. 

Absolutely embarrassing the way some are carrying on on here. 

Part time Alloa, bottom of the league, absolute cannon fodder. 

It was better but c'mon eh

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Niemi’s gloves
2 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Yep. 

Absolutely embarrassing the way some are carrying on on here. 

Part time Alloa, bottom of the league, absolute cannon fodder. 

Get a ****ing grip eh. 

Yep. Just won by a last minute scruffy goal ...... oh hang on, we won by 6-0 with some impressive goals along the way. Something the usual suspects seem very keen to ignore in their comments. 

Gordon Ramsay
2 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Yep. Just won by a last minute scruffy goal ...... oh hang on, we won by 6-0 with some impressive goals along the way. Something the usual suspects seem very keen to ignore in their comments. 

It was a decent enough performance but beating Alloa by at least 4 goals is the absolute minimum I'd expect from Hearts. 

Niemi’s gloves
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

It was a decent enough performance but beating Alloa by at least 4 goals is the absolute minimum I'd expect from Hearts. 

Alloa are no world beaters but hadn’t lost a game by more than three goals this season before tonight. 

August Landmesser
52 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

How we played tonight had the look of a “something happened” this week - possibly proper open and frank conversations with some of the more senior players in the team and Robbie.

I wonder if the coaches and team or senior “leaders” as they would be called in rugby had it out and the players had some influence in how they set up and how they wanted to change the style of play tonight and moving forward.

I know it happens in rugby quite a bit but I don’t know about football’s inner workings as well. It’s not players taking control but being given some responsibility.

The reason I say this is that - not ignoring that it was only Alloa - it is unusual for a change of formation to have such an instant impact and have all the players quite clearly buy into it.

Which is why I wonder if they bought into it because they were part of the decision making process and took ownership of it.

I am sure there are some on here that will know some of the team and tell me if I am speaking pish or not.

I wondered that when RobBob said in his post-match interview that they played 3-5-2 to suit Souttar on his first game back. 

Sounded a bit peculiar considering all season he's been trying to squeeze a random assortment of players into his 423-1

3-5-2 was such a huge change, and it yielded instant results. Like the 4-4-2 diamond against Dundee.

The worry is that we don't ever see it again.

wattie exploited

we played well so enjoy the performance for once even if it was against Alloa    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

miles better than the last 5 games of shit !!!!!

was great seeing the team win at last :rifle:

Winning 6-0 can’t be anything other than enjoyable - now let’s see if Neilson takes this positive approach into the last 3 games, or he reverts back to type.

1 hour ago, Haken said:

I felt some of the play was still a bit scrappy, especially first half.  But you can’t argue with six goals, some very well taken.  Also makes a nice difference to be able to pick out a few players and say they did well.  One swallow does not a summer make, but I’m not going to berate anyone tonight.

Well said and how I saw it / feel

Haring and McEneff definitely looks like a partnership in the middle. Souttar head and shoulders above the rest of the CBs we have, and Boyce looked clinical. 

Of course we should be thumping these sides at home but we haven't been looking like we can lately - so yes credit to RN. 

Macaneff, haring all looked miles better tonight like they were playing with more freedom. Souttar strolled through the 83 minutes he was on the pitch which was also a bonus. 

That being said Alloa didn't come to sit in and defend and played into our hands and they are bottom of the league for a reason.

It was definitely an improvement tonight but let's not get carried away. Papers over cracks and probably buys him more time with budge. 

Got say that i am pleasently surprised, i did not see a 6-0 thrashing even against a part time team coming, so yes credit where credit is due to the team, however having said that it's almost as annoying as it is pleasing, where on earth have these type of performances been hiding this season? We did the same against raith and never kicked on from it, I'm sorry but it's going to take a lot more than thrashing alloa to get the fans back on side, the manager and players really have to have a hard look at themselves after that, why can't we get that more consistently? I still believe it is a motivation problem, and the one who motivates the players is the manager, lets not paper over the cracks here with one decent win, for me he still needs to go, happyish with the win though as it should ensure that we are back up now.

A Shoreditch Heart

yeah it was only Alloa, but that was a pretty good performance (esp. Haring, Halliday, McEneff, Boyce & Souttar) and the first game I've enjoyed for ages. Well done, but it's about bleedin' time they all put a decent shift in.

33 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

we played well so enjoy the performance for once even if it was against Alloa    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

First time for a long time it was enjoyable. Totally agree

Said it before I was pished and I'll say it again now. A good, solid, at times entertaining performance. Perspective !  We SHOULD be beating the likes of Alloa 6-0. I'm pleased with the result tonight. A lot of positives, Haring, Souttar. Boycies hat trick Mceneff looking more like we hoped for, Hendo had a good outing, and Jamie scored the goal of the season 😆. But all that went before tonight is not redeemed, changes are needed.!!!

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Alloa are shite and he needs to go.

Talking about that, I thought you had disappeared tonight.

The fact of the matter is that we have tended to struggle (for a few years) against the rabbits who sit in and make it difficult and have played better against more open teams like Hibs and Celtic in the cup .  We have also suffered from injureeeez to key players as was noticeable tonight from the difference the return of Soapy and Haring made.  Not only did Haring play well himself, his form and workrate released McAneff to up his performance.

I reckon most people would prefer the manager of a 6 goal winning team over the manager of a 7 goal losing team but ....whatever floats your boat.

I suspect if you look at the stats it won't be much different to most of our games this season.

The first 20 minutes where definitely same old same old. 

Goals change games though and real change for me happened when Henderson burst through and won the penalty.

That's not letting shackles off or playing players in position or tactics, that's good old fashioned belief and confidence. 

Including CG, that back 5 is by far the best we've had all season by a country mile. That's where the belief and confidence comes from. 

CalgaryJambo

Much better performance all round, I enjoyed watching it for a change. We need to finish the season on a high: 9 more points heading to Gorgie hopefully.

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I dunno. I eff loved that performance tonight. One swallow and all that..take this form to cappielow and demolish them to win the league please.

gorgieheart
7 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

...this...!  

As I said on the match ratings thread. The fact 11 players on the pitch all have a decent chance of still being here next season will have made a difference.   Much better last night. Long may it continue.