Boyce

Baxfee

1 hour ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

He's scored against Rangers, Hibs and Celtic in our three biggest games over the last year while regularly finding the net against diddies like Alloa this season. What more can he do to prove he's got it?

Don’t get how folk still don’t rate Boyce... scored goals everywhere he’s been scored 16 goals this season (could be more) in a terrible hearts team. He’s definitely not the problem 

Berra than you
50 minutes ago, Gary Locke said:

Don’t get how folk still don’t rate Boyce... scored goals everywhere he’s been scored 16 goals this season (could be more) in a terrible hearts team. He’s definitely not the problem 

He's the striker we have been calling out for for years. A class act and we are very lucky to have him.

pettigrewsstylist
15 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Hardest working player in the team.  Amazing energy.   We're lucky to have him, and should be tying him down to at least another year or 2.   Just turned 30.   If we could find another decent guy in the summer to partner him up front, we'd be in a good place from a scoring point of view.

Him and Walker could do damage if we can get them going together.

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Possibly, although someone would need to sit Walker down in front of a video from last night to show him what a hard-working forward looks like. 😉

Bazzas right boot
6 hours ago, MCW1976 said:

He's a player we want to have; however, I'll wait until it's not Alloa Athletic we're playing before getting excited.

He's scored for us v rangers, Celtic and Hibs as well  so you can get excited. 

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Walker is clearly better as a sub. 

Far better Tbh. 

Robbie has worked that. 

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Possibly, although someone would need to sit Walker down in front of a video from last night to show him what a hard-working forward looks like. 😉

Aye, its a considerable if, currently.

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Walker is clearly better as a sub. 

Far better Tbh. 

Robbie has worked that. 

Hes way too young for that handle. I agree with you on merit, however i expect a good mgr to be able to get him going. On that RN has not had success tbh.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Hes way too young for that handle. I agree with you on merit, however i expect a good mgr to be able to get him going. On that RN has not had success tbh.

I think it's walkers body Tbh. 

Also the fact that when he's fresh, his speed  of thought and technical ability is effective v tiring defenders. 

Maybe he'll get fitter / stronger but moving up a division - atm I can't see it. If he  can continue to be as effect as a sub it would still be a great option imo. 

It's working for both team and player just now tho so long may it continue and if Walker can bring that from the start of a game - even better. 

Ex member of the SaS

Boyce in the Scotsman saying it's the players who should take the flak, and whilst I agree, it's the manager who has to get the best out of them with selections and tactics. He said they went out to prove a point, but should have done that with QoS. After the Brora game was the perfect time to show they understood the task in hand yet they still didn't turn it on. Also claiming they underestimated the Championship!! FFS they are professional players playing in some cases against plumbers and bakers!

jambos are go!
On 09/04/2021 at 22:27, Valois No1 said:

His first tonight was a great finish

Worthy of Messi in my opinion. Maybe a one off but world class..

Bad Religion
17 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

If Jamie Walker can’t get fit enough to play 90 minutes in the Championship he should nowhere near the club. 

Used as a sub, what a joke. 

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

If Jamie Walker can’t get fit enough to play 90 minutes in the Championship he should nowhere near the club. 

Couldn’t agree more. What example does it set. How about some standards. If players can’t keep fit, let them train with the kids and tell them in no uncertain terms that every effort will be made to move them on in the next window. Maybe the rest of them will then think on. 

Bad Religion
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Couldn’t agree more. What example does it set. How about some standards. If players can’t keep fit, let them train with the kids and tell them in no uncertain terms that every effort will be made to move them on in the next window. Maybe the rest of them will then think on. 

We’re meant to be a professional football club. It’s ok for Hearts however to have a handful of players (who are on good money, I assume) who only play a few minutes per match or in Damours case not at all. ****ing joke the way we are run. 

1 minute ago, Bad Religion said:

We’re meant to be a professional football club. It’s ok for Hearts however to have a handful of players (who are on good money, I assume) who only play a few minutes per match or in Damours case not at all. ****ing joke the way we are run. 

Certain aspects are nothing short of embarrassing. Fitness being one of them. I’m not talking about ‘match fitness’ or sharpness either. Neilson freely admits Walker isn’t fit enough, Halkett and White have been noticeably overweight at times. All three still played. How the **** is that possible. 

ShortmanRossco

Seems a strange thing to say as you can't knock Boyce's goal return as it is but I still feel like he's got so much more to give. My problem with Neilson is a lack of a link between midfield and attack. If we could find an effective attacking midfielder to give him service he'd be scoring by the week. 

On 10/04/2021 at 11:43, Captain Lithuania said:

He’s just had a baby so maybe it’s something to do with that. 

Yes his baby is called Ziggy so must have been for that.

Best player apart from Craig Gordon this season but he missed far too many chances earlier on in the season for me. 

If the other players around him hadn’t been so bad all the time we would’ve played much better as he brings many others into play. 

ford donald
2 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Looks overweight and slow,needs a rocket.

Tremendous goals return despite our 'tactical genius' of a coach.

A lot of the time he is having to come back to retrieve the ball as a STRIKER ???

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I agree with almost every point about Boyce. One of our best strikers in years. But still feel a little disappointed that he hasn’t done better as it seems he has more in his locker. Missed some sitters but may also absolutely explode if team performances continue like Friday but with better quality players.

David Black
5 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

Other than his knee issue about 3 years ago, what physical problems does JW actually have or is it solely down to application. If its the latter he should be binned.

ford donald
2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

i dont think he needs an ice lolly

He should stay in the championship,thats his level,lazy player,no ambition.

On 10/04/2021 at 00:26, Phage said:

If he gets the service, he bangs them in.

Not blown away by his stats this year in this league. But not exactly his fault, can go for games and games and give him nothing to feed on.

Easier to provide him with chances to score when he’s not dropping into the centre circle to lay the ball off 5 yards

5 hours ago, Bad Religion said:

I agree with you 100%. People saying Walker can't last 90 minutes but is  a great "impact sub" against shite like Arbroath, Alloa and Morton etc. It's ridiculous. He's Raith or Dunfermline standard I'm afraid.

On 09/04/2021 at 21:50, Australis said:

Carried us in so many games and posted missing in some others.

Great performance tonight.

First goal was beautiful 

10 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Ever considered that he might just be carrying an injury and isn’t up to 90 mins but is needed as late, impact sub?  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Ever considered that he might just be carrying an injury and isn’t up to 90 mins but is needed as late, impact sub?  

Highly likely at our club and the way we mismanage injuries

12 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Certain aspects are nothing short of embarrassing. Fitness being one of them. I’m not talking about ‘match fitness’ or sharpness either. Neilson freely admits Walker isn’t fit enough, Halkett and White have been noticeably overweight at times. All three still played. How the **** is that possible. 

According to one ITK on here , it's not about fitness , he's got a long term condition.  He's never going to be playing 90 minutes, it seems. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
33 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

According to one ITK on here , it's not about fitness , he's got a long term condition.  He's never going to be playing 90 minutes, it seems. 

I don’t think it’s a secret he has a long term condition with his knees.

I guess the question is - are we happy and is he happy to be a 30 minute sub player with us for however long?

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

28 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I don’t think it’s a secret he has a long term condition with his knees.

I guess the question is - are we happy and is he happy to be a 30 minute sub player with us for however long?

Osgood-Schlatter disease apparently but I thought he had it fixed?

Boyce is our best 0utfield player imo, all strikers miss chances, believe it or not even Robbo missed chances 😲!

I'm hoping with him turning 30, that he'll sign a contract that will see out his playing career with us.

davemclaren
5 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Boyce is our best 0utfield player imo, all strikers miss chances, believe it or not even Robbo missed chances 😲!

I'm hoping with him turning 30, that he'll sign a contract that will see out his playing career with us.

Four year contract? 😎

On 11/04/2021 at 16:10, David Black said:

Other than his knee issue about 3 years ago, what physical problems does JW actually have or is it solely down to application. If its the latter he should be binned.

A Kardashian arse. 

Japan Jambo
26 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Yeah because that model has worked in our favour so far 🤦‍♂️

King Of The Cat Cafe

Not only can Boyce score goals, he is so strong on the ball and holding off markers.

And the way he took his first goal on Friday night was technical skill to the Nth degree.

In fact, three of our goals on Friday could qualify for any 'best of the season' list: Boyce's first and those by Henderson and McEneff.

David Black
20 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Not only can Boyce score goals, he is so strong on the ball and holding off markers.

And the way he took his first goal on Friday night was technical skill to the Nth degree.

In fact, three of our goals on Friday could qualify for any 'best of the season' list: Boyce's first and those by Henderson and McEneff.

If Henderson had scored at the end of his run , it would have been European goal of the season. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, David Black said:

If Henderson had scored at the end of his run , it would have been European goal of the season. 

So true...

On 12/04/2021 at 00:54, Cruyff said:

Osgood-Schlatter disease apparently but I thought he had it fixed?

I’ve suffered from that since I was a teenager, it not something that can be cured, I still get bad days with my knees 40 years after diagnosis especially after physical activities. You can have an operation to lessen the effects but there are still issues with most people. 

Bazzas right boot
On 11/04/2021 at 16:10, David Black said:

He's got the issue with his shins. 

A life issue iirc, can't t be cured. 

It's got a fancy name, he's had operations for it. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's got the issue with his shins. 

A life issue iirc, can't t be cured. 

It's got a fancy name, he's had operations for it. 

That could be the Osgood-Schlatter. It’s a knee complaint but the tibia is part of the problem as it’s the top of it where it joins the knee that is the problem area. 

21 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That could be the Osgood-Schlatter. It’s a knee complaint but the tibia is part of the problem as it’s the top of it where it joins the knee that is the problem area. 

I've heard that mentioned before with him. 

Bloody shame for him because he has so much natural talent. Would prefer if it wasn't chalked up to be a 'fitness issue' as that has negative connotations. Probably good management to limit his minutes if its causing him issues.

I was thinking, his finishing is striker quality (IMO), and he could probably play alongside another striker if out wide or midfield is too much running. Certainly possible as an alternative option if nothing else.