Boyce

Baxfee

Just now, skinnybob72 said:

How many had he scored this season?

Sure i heard the commentator say 15 but can mind if he said it at his 2nd or 3rd.

Lone Striker

Hardest working player in the team.  Amazing energy.   We're lucky to have him, and should be tying him down to at least another year or 2.   Just turned 30.   If we could find another decent guy in the summer to partner him up front, we'd be in a good place from a scoring point of view.

Captain Lithuania
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

And there is utter knobs on here that think he's shite. 

:gok:

Idiots. 

While I don’t think he’s shite, I have been critical of him. In the middle of the season some of his decision making was awful. He’s a player who has great instinct, and tonight showed that. When he has too much time to play he overcomplicates things and takes extra touches. 

When he has no choice but to shoot he generally does well. On the whole it’s been a decent season for him. 

5 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Sure i heard the commentator say 15 but can mind if he said it at his 2nd or 3rd.

14....  i think

12 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Hardest working player in the team.  Amazing energy.   We're lucky to have him, and should be tying him down to at least another year or 2.   Just turned 30.   If we could find another decent guy in the summer to partner him up front, we'd be in a good place from a scoring point of view.

You are right.. I don't think he was fully fit when he joined but you could see early on he was a good player by Scottish Football standards. Finds the pockets of space and has good feet.... something we have lacked up front for a very long time in my opinion. Would walk into every first 11 outside of Celtic and Rangers.

18 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

How many had he scored this season?

14 league goals & 2 Scottish Cup goals, including a penalty in SF to beat H1b5 for any interloper looking in!!

Bazzas right boot

The boy is a player.

Hope he signs an extension next season.

He'll score goals in big games for us.

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Idiots. 

Yip, too many have said this tbh.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Australis said:

Carried us in so many games and posted missing in some others.

Great performance tonight.

This.

Loved his 3rd.. bang.. great game.. defo need him next season 

16 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

While I don’t think he’s shite, I have been critical of him. In the middle of the season some of his decision making was awful. He’s a player who has great instinct, and tonight showed that. When he has too much time to play he overcomplicates things and takes extra touches. 

When he has no choice but to shoot he generally does well. On the whole it’s been a decent season for him. 

That's because it's too easy. 

36 games, 18 goals and 7 assists. 

That's exceptional. Granted he has probably not been consistently at his best. 

Great team player as well. 

The guys an absolute diamond. 

Lone Striker
15 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He's a top player. 

Or to use an Andy Townsend-ism  .... "He's a top-top player" 😀

CloustonHMFC

All things considered he's having a good season. Sometimes his decision making is questionable and I feel if he made better decisions he's easily have an extra 5, if not more, goals.

Berra than you
22 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

The boy is a player.

Hope he signs an extension next season.

He'll score goals in big games for us.

I think he has two years left still? Did he not sign a three and half year deal when he joined?

43 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Idiots. 

Quite a few of his performances this season have been “shite”.

Tonight he was superb.

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Quite a few of his performances this season have been “shite”.

Tonight he was superb.

He's been more good than shite. Won us many points this season. 

1 hour ago, Australis said:

Carried us in so many games and posted missing in some others.

Great performance tonight.

Posted missing? Boyce? 

If he gets the service, he bangs them in.

Not blown away by his stats this year in this league. But not exactly his fault, can go for games and games and give him nothing to feed on.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’ve found him frustrating - I don’t know why.

I do know he’s one to keep but I do feel he hasn’t properly clicked yet. I guess this is a good thing - if he is still to hit peak form with us then we have our 20 goals striker in the big league IMO

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Austin MacGlee

Our best player. Imagine how many he'd score if we had a creative player in the middle and decent wingers?

Let's see how everybody goes next season.  This is a league with clubs like Livingston in it.  We should tearing most of these sides apart.

We have learned the hard way that we can take nothing for granted so let's get underway with a good squad and a terrific attitude.

Brilliant player, i will admit i have questioned him in the past this season, but there is no doubting that he is top class and we are lucky to have him, just wish we played a style that suited him more often.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Our best player this season. But **** me that aint saying much.

Craig Gordon has been our best player, won us more points than Boyce and must have been hell looking forward at Berra/Pope/Halkett tripping up over each other. 

A_A wehatethehibs

That position definitely suited him. He was switched on last night. The team played with 1 eye on next season. He is going to be a huge player for us 

He's a player we want to have; however, I'll wait until it's not Alloa Athletic we're playing before getting excited.

Get the right shape and right players around Boyce and he'll eat it up. Boyce is not in any way a problem, it's what's around him, yet still managed to score a healthy number.

Thought the shape suited him perfectly last night. 

linked midfield and attack beautifully. 

Played aspects of the 10 and 9 role really well. 

looked class. 

48 minutes ago, CMc said:

Thought the shape suited him perfectly last night. 

linked midfield and attack beautifully. 

Played aspects of the 10 and 9 role really well. 

looked class. 

I liked him in the 10 as he could make late runs into the box rather than being marked out of it as has happened at times when he has been played up top. The first was a good example of this

ford donald
11 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Idiots. 

He has been one of the few players, who has worked hard during this poor period,deserves alot of credit

Ex member of the SaS

Not been convinced by Boyce but have always known he can score, seems to play better when he doesn't have to think about what to do, and just react. Good to see him score three and hopefully will encourage him to finish the season on the front foot.

Dr Ian Malcolm
3 hours ago, MCW1976 said:

He's a player we want to have; however, I'll wait until it's not Alloa Athletic we're playing before getting excited.

He's scored against Rangers, Hibs and Celtic in our three biggest games over the last year while regularly finding the net against diddies like Alloa this season. What more can he do to prove he's got it?

wattie exploited
5 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

His 3rd was a glorious smash into the net, too.

true :rifle:

Captain Lithuania
2 hours ago, kjc2006 said:

I thought he was excellent last night. What was  with his celebrations it was like he was making a Z with his fingers. 

He’s just had a baby so maybe it’s something to do with that.