Congratulations, Aaron McEneff

tartofmidlothian

Even if Haring does get back to his best we still need at least one more midfielder. Halliday should never play centre mid for us again and there are big question marks over Irving even if he does stay. Can anyone think of any decent targets?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• GinRummy

• sadj

• TheBigO

2 hours ago, Buzzbomb1874 said:

I definitely think he benefited from Haring being in the team which allowed him to get further forward. Haring was playing a lot of forward passes as opposed to Irving who due to a lack of confidence was playing the safe sideways or backwards passes. Confidence is key and when Irving was playing well and with confidence earlier in the season he was playing far more forward passes. 

That's what Irving does, even when full of confidence.

Irving isn't good enough to play like Peter Haring did last night. Haring is streets ahead.

My opinion, of course.

48 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Even if Haring does get back to his best we still need at least one more midfielder. Halliday should never play centre mid for us again and there are big question marks over Irving even if he does stay. Can anyone think of any decent targets?

Plenty of players in the market. It's up to savage to find one that is perfect for hearts. 

I would push Halkett into a holding midfield role and play a 3-5-2 and make it a 5-5 system when defending. Wingers. And 2 holding midfield ball winners with mcnenuff or walker/naismith orchestrating the front line 

6 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Plenty of players in the market. It's up to savage to find one that is perfect for hearts. 

I would push Halkett into a holding midfield role and play a 3-5-2 and make it a 5-5 system when defending. Wingers. And 2 holding midfield ball winners with mcnenuff or walker/naismith orchestrating the front line 

I think Halkett could play holding mid as well. Have said so on here a few times. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Campbell is an obvious and unlikely option. Polworth at Motherwell was one another poster mentioned (creative type). Regan Hendry might be a good shout too. 

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

If that's what you want to believe......

So what do you suggest it is? He is good and suddenly is crap to suddenly be good again in as many games? It's obviously not form so it has to be instructions from the sidelines.

The White Cockade

Has looked a good signing and should be even better next season 

If big Peter stays fit and builds on his Alloa performance then definitely looks like we will have a decent central midfield 

A couple of posters who told us he would be a dud before he had even played for us are noticeably quiet at the moment 

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

So what do you suggest it is? He is good and suddenly is crap to suddenly be good again in as many games? It's obviously not form so it has to be instructions from the sidelines.

They were talking last night about how Robbie's been trying to get that type of performance out of him, sometimes it takes a while to click.

But it also helps that 2 of our 3 best players started and played well last night, life has to be easier with Souttar behind you and Haring by your side

Edited by Smithee

Auld Reekin'
5 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Was watching the goals back and it was a great bit of skill and composure to slot it away

Indeed it was. It'd make a great GIF for those who know how to do these things and can be bothered. (In fact, the whole move would!)

7 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I put it down to acclimatisation with the Scottish game, change of MF partners and his own form.  I do NOT believe he is told not to get forward.

Ex member of the SaS
11 hours ago, JamboAl said:

I put it down to acclimatisation with the Scottish game, change of MF partners and his own form.  I do NOT believe he is told not to get forward.

GMS has said in the press he is told to hold back so why should He be any different?

53 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

GMS has said in the press he is told to hold back so why should He be any different?

Do you have a link please.

I am not a club coach so I don't know why (if even true).  If true do you imagine that will apply to all and sundry?  Do you think he gives the same instructions to MFs as he does to wingers or CDs or FBs?

It was a good performance but for me the big change was replacing the bombscare that is Popescu with Souttar who was calm throughout and Haring who commanded the midfield and made sharp, forward passes giving the team momentum and drive going forward.

43 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

It was a good performance but for me the big change was replacing the bombscare that is Popescu with Souttar who was calm throughout and Haring who commanded the midfield and made sharp, forward passes giving the team momentum and drive going forward.

Spot on. We all call Haring a DM but he never really has been. Imo. Kind of!

He's a very positive player who looks to make things happen and also good at getti g in the box. Just happens his defensive side is excellent too, whicheans you get all that Plus can play someone like McEneff beside him meaning you have a combative and attacking ce tral pair. Love him to bits and so will McEneff.

For me, next season was always going to hinge on Souttar and Haring. They're our best players by a distance and not one's we could replace on the market (well you wouldn't think so!).

If Robbie can't get a song out of us with those two, he should give up.

31 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Spot on. We all call Haring a DM but he never really has been. Imo. Kind of!

He's a very positive player who looks to make things happen and also good at getti g in the box. Just happens his defensive side is excellent too, whicheans you get all that Plus can play someone like McEneff beside him meaning you have a combative and attacking ce tral pair. Love him to bits and so will McEneff.

For me, next season was always going to hinge on Souttar and Haring. They're our best players by a distance and not one's we could replace on the market (well you wouldn't think so!).

If Robbie can't get a song out of us with those two, he should give up.

Friday was the 1st time they'd played together this season and he got a decent tune out of them OK - and Henderson.  It's a start.

Edited by JamboAl

11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Friday was the 1st time they'd played together this season and he got a decent tune out of them OK - and Henderson.  It's a start.

It is. For me, the horse has bolted. You can only get away with Brora if it's an anomaly and you couldn't say it is.

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

It is. For me, the horse has bolted. You can only get away with Brora if it's an anomaly and you couldn't say it is.

But they weren't playing against Brora - I thought you were talking about NEXT season.

18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

But they weren't playing against Brora - I thought you were talking about NEXT season.

I am, but imo Robbie has blown his second shot and needs replaced.

Someone else can easily play Haring and McEneff in the mid and get more out the team

Robbie can't have the excuse of not having Haring and Soapy for the way we've been pish

8 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

I am, but imo Robbie has blown his second shot and needs replaced.

Someone else can easily play Haring and McEneff in the mid and get more out the team

Robbie can't have the excuse of not having Haring and Soapy for the way we've been pish

Ah, so you're not potring about NcAneff, Haring or Souttar - it's a disguised (not very well) Robbie out post

59 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Ah, so you're not potring about NcAneff, Haring or Souttar - it's a disguised (not very well) Robbie out post

Back off man.

You picked a bit our my original post. I replied. Sorry if there's sand in your vagina.

McEneff is clearly very good. Haring is outstanding. My personal opinion is another manager would get more out of them going forward. If Robbie did, then Brill, but for me, the last 3 weeks have effed him.

And now I'm posting about him again. Because of you, you'll understand.

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Back off man.

You picked a bit our my original post. I replied. Sorry if there's sand in your vagina.

McEneff is clearly very good. Haring is outstanding. My personal opinion is another manager would get more out of them going forward. If Robbie did, then Brill, but for me, the last 3 weeks have effed him.

And now I'm posting about him again. Because of you, you'll understand.

Despite your ratty, insulting reply it is obviously just a Robbie rant.  Another thread spoiled!

As I said even if RN was the best manager in the world, injury deprived him of Souttar and Haring up to now

On 09/04/2021 at 21:33, gorgie al 1960 said:

if we get our system sorted out I reckon this boy will be very close to Paul Hartley in industry and finishing 

I thought you said 'industrial fishing'.

It read better the second time around 🙂

22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Despite your ratty, insulting reply it is obviously just a Robbie rant.  Another thread spoiled!

As I said even if RN was the best manager in the world, injury deprived him of Souttar and Haring up to now

Look leave it there. You are turning this that way, not I.

Ch'ro.

Back on topic that I never left.... If McEneff is a glimpse into Savages recruitment, that's quite exciting. Looking forward to summer n seeing who else we're in for

5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Look leave it there. You are turning this that way, not I.

Ch'ro.

Back on topic that I never left.... If McEneff is a glimpse into Savages recruitment, that's quite exciting. Looking forward to summer seeing who else we're in for

I know who's turning what.  You never previously mentioned McEneff in terms of Savage's recruitment.  You might as well say if Haring or Souttar are evidence of Levein's (or RN or Murray) recruitment that's exciting too

Haring playing like he did on Friday is important to how we play next season. My big concern is Halliday always plays, so Halliday probably would have been in midfield if Kingsley was fit, and Haring probably wouldn’t have played. 

Haring has to be a starter if he keeps Friday up, but Halliday for some reason appears to be undroppable.

54 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

I know who's turning what.  You never previously mentioned McEneff in terms of Savage's recruitment.  You might as well say if Haring or Souttar are evidence of Levein's (or RN or Murray) recruitment that's exciting too

Yikes

Bazzas right boot
On 10/04/2021 at 12:13, GinRummy said:

I think we'll need at least 2,,maybe 3 if Irving leaves. 

I can't think of anyone other than Campbell. 

Allan might be looking for a club? 😂

I've Missed the yearly Fred on him. 

I'd be looking at players released from big clubs in the 18-23 age group. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

I think we'll need at least 2,,maybe 3 if Irving leaves. 

I can't think of anyone other than Campbell. 

Allan might be looking for a club? 😂

I've Missed the yearly Fred on him. 

I'd be looking at players released from big clubs in the 18-23 age group. 

I think that’s the kind of age group we need. Energy has been lacking for a long time and while I don’t really care for stats like average age of team etc. It’s been obvious for a while we lack dynamic players. 

30 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Oh dear.  He's run out of ideas - poor wee lamb

Oooorrr not wanting to clog the board with innane squabbling. Which ruins the board.

Call it quits. Nothing to see here.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Oooorrr not wanting to clog the board with innane squabbling. Which ruins the board.

Call it quits. Nothing to see here.

Good

• 2 weeks later...

Thought he was outstanding today. Definitely his best game so far. Broke up play and was involved in all good moves going forward. Looked to have his confidence back.

44 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Thought he was outstanding today. Definitely his best game so far. Broke up play and was involved in all good moves going forward. Looked to have his confidence back.

Could be a very good player for us. Finding his feet recently.

• 4 weeks later...
jamboinglasgow

Good interview with Aaron. Talking about coming to Edinburgh, fitting in and what his aims for the future are. Hadn't realised he became a Dad this year.

From 48m

• 2 months later...
tartofmidlothian

We've not seen much from him this season, but he's off the mark for 2021/22 and it couldn't have come at a tougher place. Hope he rises to the occasion and scores many more.

1 minute ago, tartofmidlothian said:

We've not seen much from him this season, but he's off the mark for 2021/22 and it couldn't have come at a tougher place. Hope he rises to the occasion and scores many more.

Took his goal well. 

RustyRightPeg

Happy he scored today as I’m hoping it gives him the bit confidence he needs to kick on. Neilson called him out during the week in the paper to make a point and he did that today

Great to see him bag a goal today,   Hit the post last week and has not been getting much game time.   Think he will come good for us, especially with better players around him.    

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Happy he scored today as I’m hoping it gives him the bit confidence he needs to kick on. Neilson called him out during the week in the paper to make a point and he did that today

What a coach Robbie is eh!

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So is mceneff our forward thinking midfielder? Love him to get a run of games. Knows how to shoot. Lets encourage him.

Thats what he was meant to be when he turned up and with Beni here he should have the freedom to move forward.

Edited by Jamboelite

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Needs to start in front of halliday