Congratulations, Aaron McEneff

tartofmidlothian

Hes been good in the last two sub appearances, feel like he's been hard done by since he's come in and hope he gets a fair crack at it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JamboAl

• GinRummy

• sadj

• TheBigO

Jambo 4 Ever
On 09/04/2021 at 21:23, ShedBoy said:

Favourite outfield Hearts player by far. 

He will make us millions. 

Bookmark 👍🏻

😂

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Shock you make a post like that about an Irish player

Meaning?

4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Meaning?

Meaning look at jihs posting history. Its what he does with any foreigner but particularly Irish and certain other players. Work it out yourself

On 09/04/2021 at 21:32, Jamtastico said:

Nice goal, I definitely think a fit and upto speed haring will help the whole team... But especially with players like McEneff who will get a bit more freedom to look forward.

If today is to be judged Haring needs to GTF. Was a bombscare today. McEneff did well. 

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

If today is to be judged Haring needs to GTF. Was a bombscare today. McEneff did well. 

I like McEneff he has the potential to be very good for us. 

PhoenixHearts
13 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Was he really though? I could name about 6 worse players today.

43 minutes ago, sadj said:

Meaning look at jihs posting history. Its what he does with any foreigner but particularly Irish and certain other players. Work it out yourself

So he’s a bigot then?

Toronto Jambo

He really deserves a run of games. I think he has goals in him, if we can play a style that lets him get forward and into dangerous areas.

Still holding out hope for Aaron. He looks like he just needs a bit of confidence. 

Would like to see him get a run of games, Haring and Halliday can’t pass the ball to save themselves so think he would do better with the likes of Walker and Baningime around him

Jambo 4 Ever
10 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Meaning?

Just ignore him 

he is an Internet bully who moans because i sometimes dare say anything negative about hearts

In about half an hour of sub appearances he's hit the post from about 25yards and scored against Celtic. Has to start next game  

3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Just ignore him 

he is an Internet bully who moans because i sometimes dare say anything negative about hearts

Deja Vu from after exactly the same inference by you the other day laughing at a foreign players name. Then you called @Barackan internet bully for calling you out on it and saying to @BackOfTheNet what youve said here about me. Terrible line to pull out claimimg its moaning because you dare to be negative about Hearts. If you want to do that bash on. Thats part of what the forums about. Its not about xenophobic posts. If you don’t want called on them dont post them. 

14 hours ago, Thomaso said:

So he’s a bigot then?

Read his posts……All the way back through his Jambo in Hamilton name phase too. Hes always been xenophobic. As above only two three days ago. 

Jambo 4 Ever
17 minutes ago, sadj said:

Deja Vu from after exactly the same inference by you the other day laughing at a foreign players name. Then you called @Barackan internet bully for calling you out on it and saying to @BackOfTheNet what youve said here about me. Terrible line to pull out claimimg its moaning because you dare to be negative about Hearts. If you want to do that bash on. Thats part of what the forums about. Its not about xenophobic posts. If you don’t want called on them dont post them. 

Read his posts……All the way back through his Jambo in Hamilton name phase too. Hes always been xenophobic. As above only two three days ago. 

What a load of tosh

im allowed to have an opinion that we signed too many Irish / northern Irish players ever since Austin McCann arrived.  Perfectly entitled to my opinion.

calling other people names like you have is bullying so please refrain from doing so going forward 

1 hour ago, EH11 2NL said:

In about half an hour of sub appearances he's hit the post from about 25yards and scored against Celtic. Has to start next game  

There’s no place for him in Robbie’s version of 3-4-3, for the same reason there is no place for him in Robbie’s version of 4-2-3-1. 

Walter Payton
5 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What a load of tosh

im allowed to have an opinion that we signed too many Irish / northern Irish players ever since Austin McCann arrived.  Perfectly entitled to my opinion.

calling other people names like you have is bullying so please refrain from doing so going forward 

Austin McCann from Clydebank?

A_A wehatethehibs
16 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Hes been good in the last two sub appearances, feel like he's been hard done by since he's come in and hope he gets a fair crack at it.

Sorry but that is bizarre stuff. How’s he been hard done by? Came in and started 12 consecutive games including Brora. This season he’s not started off as first pick but It’s called competition for places. That’s how it works at a bigger club. You compete for a place in the team and bide your time, take your chance. In the less important LC groups Pollock got his chance, then we’ve signed Beni so opted for the more experienced midfielders alongside him to start with. We’ve played just 2 league games. 

I think there’s a chance we might see McEneff-Beni against Aberdeen. Bit would be a bold shout given their lack of league experience but it might happen if they look in good form. 

Savage Vince
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What a load of tosh

im allowed to have an opinion that we signed too many Irish / northern Irish players ever since Austin McCann arrived.  

State of this 😁

What a load of tosh

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

What a load of tosh

What the **** does that even mean? 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I agree. Looking forward to seeing him in tandem with Devlin and Beni.

Yeah i agree , i think he offers the box to box role but without a platform hes never going to succeed. Beni and Devlin hopefully give him that. I love Haring have since his debut at Cove but hes hit and miss still 😞 

The Treasurer

As Maceneff is naturally more attacking than either Haring or Halliday he must be in the frame to start the next game as we should be looking to be on the front foot 

upgotheheads
54 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

You know who I meant 

Austin MacPhee 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I was there .🙂

4 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Why even have an opinion on this?  What constitutes "too many Irish/Northern Irish" players? Why is that a bad thing?   I'm interested to know the exact reason why you don't like players from those countries playing for Hearts, if you have an opinion on it, you must have a reason. 

I don't give a **** about where people are from, as long as they're good enough to do a shift in a Hearts shirt.

You know who I meant 

Austin MacPhee 

My grandad had an Austin Allegro. He also drank Guinness if they didn’t have 80 shilling. 

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

As Maceneff is naturally more attacking than either Haring or Halliday he must be in the frame to start the next game as we should be looking to be on the front foot 

I agree with you. If you want to get the best out of players you have to use them properly. It is the same as Halliday, he isn't the sort of midfield player who can or will turn defence into attack. I'd prefer to see us play with a flat back 4 with Halliday the spare man sitting in from of them, just to break up attacks when needed and then give the ball to a better player going forward.

8 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Sorry but that is bizarre stuff. How’s he been hard done by? Came in and started 12 consecutive games including Brora. This season he’s not started off as first pick but It’s called competition for places. That’s how it works at a bigger club. You compete for a place in the team and bide your time, take your chance. In the less important LC groups Pollock got his chance, then we’ve signed Beni so opted for the more experienced midfielders alongside him to start with. We’ve played just 2 league games. 

I think there’s a chance we might see McEneff-Beni against Aberdeen. Bit would be a bold shout given their lack of league experience but it might happen if they look in good form. 

I think he was one of our better players the tail end of last season and come back and he's had very little game time in pre season despite us not recruiting anyone in Centre mid until day before first game of season.  Completely agree on all your points, I remember from Robbie's first spell their was always some odd looking and brash decisions made over summer breaks, giving Ozturk captaincy then binning him, finding goal scoring striker in Juanma then looking to sell ASAP so I personally hope he gets his chance this season, can tell he is a good player with a eye for goal which will be crucial especially in our home games - Beni, Haring and Halliday won't provide too much creativity/goals I wouldn't think. 

15 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I agree in a general sense but during most of those 12 games it was clear Robbie wanted the central midfield to stay deep, it was around the same time the full backs stopped going past the half way line. Only when we switched to a 3-5-2 formation towards the end of the season did McEneff appear to be given license to push forward and he done very well. He is in the same boat with the current preferred formation of 3-4-3, the attacking plan is to push the ball wide to our wingers. There isn't really a place for an attacking centre mid the way RN likes us to play.

A_A wehatethehibs
13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree in a general sense but during most of those 12 games it was clear Robbie wanted the central midfield to stay deep, it was around the same time the full backs stopped going past the half way line. Only when we switched to a 3-5-2 formation towards the end of the season did McEneff appear to be given license to push forward and he done very well. He is in the same boat with the current preferred formation of 3-4-3, the attacking plan is to push the ball wide to our wingers. There isn't really a place for an attacking centre mid the way RN likes us to play.

I think you are overstating the control Robbie has over what a player does. You’re implying that he spent those first 5-10 games because he wasn’t “given licence” I saw something completely different to you. Robbies not got a PlayStation controller controlling what he was doing. I saw a player who had just arrived, trying to take care not to make silly mistakes and get caught in possession, not fully confident yet. A player finding his feet. He played right mid a 3 or 4 games as well, fans don’t realise why that would happen. It was to get him on the pitch and finding his feet in a Hearts shirt, while also managing Andy Irving. But actually, the moment you’re pointing to, was the moment Neilson made the decision to launch Irving from the team. That’s when mceneff started picking himself up and influencing games as it became clear it was Irving out, him in. Agree that the season just ended too early for him, another 10 games and he would’ve been flying I reckon. But as for the start of this season I’m not having anyone saying he’s hard done by, he’s had to bide his time a bit with the changes to the squad and youth getting a chance in the LC groups, but he will be a big player for us. 

And I don’t believe there’s no place for him in a 3-4-3. It depends hugely who we are playing against. But I definitely see a place for him in the 2. I could see him alongside Beni no problem. You talk about him as an “attacking mid” He’s not some sap who can’t run like Walker or Malaury Martin. He has got a strong engine and legs, well capable of getting back if there’s an opposition counter attack. In games we are looking to dominate we can definitely play him + Beni and RN will do so. Right now it’s just about the start to the season so the guys with more experience Halliday, Haring have got most minutes. But I expect that pendulum to swing the way of Mceneff, Beni, and Devlin over the season.  

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I think you are overstating the control Robbie has over what a player does. You’re implying that he spent those first 5-10 games because he wasn’t “given licence” I saw something completely different to you. Robbies not got a PlayStation controller controlling what he was doing. I saw a player who had just arrived, trying to take care not to make silly mistakes and get caught in possession, not fully confident yet. A player finding his feet. He played right mid a 3 or 4 games as well, fans don’t realise why that would happen. It was to get him on the pitch and finding his feet in a Hearts shirt, while also managing Andy Irving. But actually, the moment you’re pointing to, was the moment Neilson made the decision to launch Irving from the team. That’s when mceneff started picking himself up and influencing games as it became clear it was Irving out, him in. Agree that the season just ended too early for him, another 10 games and he would’ve been flying I reckon. But as for the start of this season I’m not having anyone saying he’s hard done by, he’s had to bide his time a bit with the changes to the squad and youth getting a chance in the LC groups, but he will be a big player for us. 

And I don’t believe there’s no place for him in a 3-4-3. It depends hugely who we are playing against. But I definitely see a place for him in the 2. I could see him alongside Beni no problem. You talk about him as an “attacking mid” He’s not some sap who can’t run like Walker or Malaury Martin. He has got a strong engine and legs, well capable of getting back if there’s an opposition counter attack. In games we are looking to dominate we can definitely play him + Beni and RN will do so. Right now it’s just about the start to the season so the guys with more experience Halliday, Haring have got most minutes. But I expect that pendulum to swing the way of Mceneff, Beni, and Devlin over the season.  

I don't think he has been hard done by. It's a long season and he'll get his chance. No real need for the playstation chat as the last console I had was a ZX Spectrum 😀. No doubt some of his early performances were down to settling in but I stand by what I think. RN when playing with two wingers prefers two deep lying midfielders and we won't see the best of McEneff when he's one of them. Does have a good engine and can definitely play box to box so maybe there is a place for him in the current system, as you said it's very early in the season but I personally doubt it.

Bloody hell. I thought JiH had buggered off. I didn’t realise he was now posting under a different username.

What an unpleasant surprise!

16 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Bloody hell. I thought JiH had buggered off. I didn’t realise he was now posting under a different username.

What an unpleasant surprise!

I only discovered that recently when i looked at the profile following one of their posts which was a tad emmm whats the word….🤷🏻‍♂️ about Beni…..

I said this on another thread but I think McEneff will be Smith long term replacement at RWB and we may see him play there this season. Especially if the lad woodburn comes in.

John Findlay
On 16/08/2021 at 15:22, Walter Payton said:

Austin McCann from Clydebank?

Clydebank was centre of the troubles in NI in the 70s/80s, didn't you know🤣

Definitely a player in McEneff, I would also like to see him play from the start alongside Beni. Haring has been a bit hit or miss in the first few games.