Calum Morrison

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug

😂😂😂 QPR and Derby scouting him.

We really do screw up who we release for nowt quite a lot don’t we?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Nookie Bear

• JimmyCant

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He looked promising when he first came on the scene but he is probably the only player who can’t complain about getting a chance.

His crossing was abysmal and he looked frightened in front of goal.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

He looked promising when he first came on the scene but he is probably the only player who can’t complain about getting a chance.

Would he have done better than Frear, Roberts and the Coventry lad for us this season?

Pretty certain the answer is yes.

1 minute ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Would he have done better than Frear, Roberts and the Coventry lad for us this season?

Do you not agree that he got his chance and didn’t perform? 

It’s easy to say he would have been better, which isn’t exactly hard. However I don’t disagree with him being released.

3 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

It’s easy to say he would have been better, which isn’t exactly hard. However I don’t disagree with him being released.

You're right but people are looking for as many sticks as possible to beat the club with just now.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

You're right but people are looking for as many sticks as possible to beat the club with just now.

it’s not exactly hard is it. The whole club is an absolute shambles. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

This. The club get the treatment they deserve.

18 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

He was very poor in Hearts strip, and like so many before him, unlikely to reach any heights after they leave....taking a side the credibility or otherwise of this thread, I was not impressed personally with him....

20 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Get a grip. He’s utter pish 

upgotheheads
24 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Had the confidence knocked out of him by you know who. Started with the Celtic semi at Murrayfield. 

Edited by upgotheheads

Rated him and you check back my posting history, has pace needed to work on other parts of his game, all the best to him. 

15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

There's plenty without pretending that letting Calum Morrison go was a mistake at the time.

22 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I think the opposite. Had potential but Was badly let down by poor coaching. Had pace, great first touch and drove forward. 

Badly needed coached on crossing, Cutting across his man after he skinned him instead of turning back and composure. Everyone could see that but in an interview he stated he was working on his own crossing but "had not been told to work on it" 

To me that's not his fault and the lack of first team coaching. 

Rocky jamboa

I was surprised we let him go. Was an exciting wee player. Yes, his crossing wasn't great but if we had half decent coaches, we could have improved that part of his game.

There's something in it. A lot can be done with a willingness to learn and coaching that irons out faults. He lacked composure and probably elements of technique. Hardly a lost cause but you could never imagine him prospering at Hearts. I'm sorry to say but Neilson and his coaches add very little.

What's most frustrating over recent years is the habit of getting rid of youth prospects (McDonald, Doig and Morrison etc) and given contracts to journeymen (Frear and Roberts) and basket case signings such as Oshinawa, Martin and White.

The decision making and recruitment of Budge, Levein and their cohorts has been absymal.  How she made millions is beyond me!

john thomas
32 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

He certainly got game time and there were obviously some flaws . I thought the main problem was confidence [Calum Elliot?] . I thought we should have kept him . Not sure who we had ahead of him ?

A much better performer than given credit for on here

44 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Scouting means looking at him.  Let’s wait to see if they want to sign him. 

I'm never sure about some of these threads. I mean there is over egging a pudding 

Edited by Riccarton3

He was good when everyone was playing well, used as one of the excuses when things started to go wrong.

Levein, DS, Neilson should have started dropping the senior players that weren't performing rather than ditching youngsters that could still get better. 

We now have an overage squad unable to get out of first gear instead of at 3 or 4 youth players with 50 games under their belt. Let's face it, it couldn't have gone any worse than it did.

Edited by jambopilms

airdriejambo3

Had a great League cup group stage and to me really looked like it was his time but something went wrong but I can only speculate what that was. But looked really talented when confident .

A_A wehatethehibs

Wasn’t good enough at the time, we had senior top pros Malaury Martan Danny amankwaa and Stephen Maclean

SomethingAboutObua
50 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Absolutely, the most likely thing is had he stayed at us he would probably have ended up coasting. Getting released was probably the a kick up the back side to push himself thar he needed. 

Our youth policy is terrible, but this is one that the player probably was only ever going to improve by getting some sort of big personal push. 

The bigger concern is its another player gone for nothing without any sort of sell on clause.

Edited by SomethingAboutObua

47 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Yes. He was choking big time last season. This would have been an ideal time to see how he could get on.

yet another **** up from the clowns running out football club. 

Pasquale for King

Having sat close to the pitch and heard Smith continually scream at him to pass it back, so he could then turn back give it to Souttar to Berra to lump it, I felt sorry for him. 
He played better at the beginning with out Smith playing and demanding it back but the best crossers in the world struggle to hit one man in the box, especially when it’s an immobile striker that can’t jump like Uche who is awful in the air. 
Definitely not any worse than what’s played this season. Good luck to him. 

7 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I'm never sure about some of these threads. I mean there is over egging a pudding 

The pudding is pretty much an omelet these days. 

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, keifrb said:

What's most frustrating over recent years is the habit of getting rid of youth prospects (McDonald, Doig and Morrison etc) and given contracts to journeymen (Frear and Roberts) and basket case signings such as Oshinawa, Martin and White.

The decision making and recruitment of Budge, Levein and their cohorts has been absymal.  How she made millions is beyond me!

It’s fair to say IT at that point in time and running a football club are two different things, like owning a bank or a pie company or the building industry. IT certainly doesn’t prepare someone for the dodgy world of football. She did learn how to give contracts and jobs to friends and family though. 

7 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Such a meh player

at the same time, was he worse than Frear or Kastaneer?

He certainly was not. 

Playing Morrison and Moore for a season in the Championship would have given them the chance to progress and improve. Hungry young home-grown players who just needed some decent coaching to bring them on.

Instead we signed Roberts, Ginnelly, Frear and Kastaneer.

Totally disillusioned with the revolving door approach. Sometimes I think we would be better off if we were forced to operate with a much smaller budget.

Rick Sanchez

What's that? Pace, take on a man and cross?

Not interested. Release.

I've had my eye on Elliot Frear for a while, great player 👍

They might be watching him, but I really can't see them going for him, or if they do, it'll likely be a season in the U23 team, much like Jordan McGhee.

Derby in particular are set to be taken over by some millionaire with huge ambitions of getting them to the PL, so I can't really see a 21 year old playing in Scotland's League One, being on their radar.

I liked Morrison. Very raw, but I think he could've done a job for us this season down the right when Ginnelly has been injured. But, he's had problems with injuries, and is pretty lightweight. I'd be happy to be wrong, but I don't think he's much more than Scottish Championship standard, let alone English Championship.

As far as I recall, Morrison was a regular starter at the start of that season. I recall he did fairly well without being outstanding for 4-5 game patch. Then he was inexplicably dropped by Levein. Then he was used sparingly and sporadically. Having been taken out of a team he was growing into he had the rug pulled from under him. His confidence went. His attitude went. His form went. By the time he was moved on he wasn’t first team material. A shocking case of bad player handling, management and development by Levein and Morrison is far from being the only example of it

We are so hard and critical of youngsters at Hearts it's no wonder they get the stuffing knocked out of them

17 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

Playing Morrison and Moore for a season in the Championship would have given them the chance to progress and improve. Hungry young home-grown players who just needed some decent coaching to bring them on.

Instead we signed Roberts, Ginnelly, Frear and Kastaneer.

Totally disillusioned with the revolving door approach. Sometimes I think we would be better off if we were forced to operate with a much smaller budget.

Honestly, I’d prefer that. Invest more into the academy and artificially shrink the first team budget enough so it forces them to treat the money they have with less contempt. 

We’ve genuinely wasted millions and no one is accountable for that. It’s truly baffling. 

been here before

I always liked Morrison- said so on here quite a few times. No world beater but always had that ability to get the ball and take a man on wide and with pace.

Fair enough you knew he'd likely fail to beat the first man with his cross but thats nothing that couldnt have been worked on with time, decent coaching and practice. A tiny spark of excitement, occasionally capable of a bit of a run in a five year sea of mediocre shite.

I think his actual position was as a number 10, not a winger. When he was out loan, maybe Stirling, he was really good for them and scored quite a few goals. He came back and we played him out wide. Has he been playing centrally for Falkirk?

CloustonHMFC

His end product was shite and didn't get any better. I've no qualms with the club letting him move on when they did.

1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

They don’t have to look too far unfortunately! 😏

13 minutes ago, CloustonHMFC said:

His end product was shite and didn't get any better. I've no qualms with the club letting him move on when they did.

With better coaching could we have improved him as a player? 

Jamstomorrow
1 hour ago, keifrb said:

Unless you too made millions from your business, I imagine how she did it will be well beyond you!   :)

41 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

We are so hard and critical of youngsters at Hearts it's no wonder they get the stuffing knocked out of them

I don’t think it’s the fans that are knocking the stuffing out of them if that’s who you are pointing the finger at.

46 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

As far as I recall, Morrison was a regular starter at the start of that season. I recall he did fairly well without being outstanding for 4-5 game patch. Then he was inexplicably dropped by Levein. Then he was used sparingly and sporadically. Having been taken out of a team he was growing into he had the rug pulled from under him. His confidence went. His attitude went. His form went. By the time he was moved on he wasn’t first team material. A shocking case of bad player handling, management and development by Levein and Morrison is far from being the only example of it

Pretty much on the button there Jimmy.

Best player I've ever seen in a Hearts shirt, how he was let go is beyond me, he was probably just to hard and strong minded to work with Jobby Nilsuns fairies. 

Another nail in the coffin of an omnishambles of a club.

Can't wait to get back into Tynecastle to level a tirade of abuse at everyone. 

Litteraly shaking in anticipation.

Batistuta87

I mean he got a good 20-30 games to make an impression and I'd say he failed to do so. Didn't rate him much. Also the fact that he's doing well at Falkirk in no way suggests he'd do well at Hearts. Just suggests to me that he's found his level. The standard in L1 is utter shite. If he goes to Derby or QPR he'll get a handful of games, they'll pap him out on loan and he'll end up back at his level - at a Falkirk or an Alloa or something. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Cut The Crap

Thought he had something about him that might have been nurtured with some coaching. Certainly not worse than the 6 or 7 wide men we’ve signed since he left.