Robbies latest words of wisdom ( merged )

Section Q

30 minutes ago, SuperstarSteve said:

Clear as day now that he’s here for next season.

Neilson is not winning the support back at any point. It’s inevitable he will be out the door, just looks like it’ll be later rather than sooner. Another full season is about to be wasted. Superb. 

He has basically issued a challenge and Budge obviously endorses it!

This will end badly!

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• graygo

• GinRummy

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Time will tell. 

Apart from the hard core oot group that have been banging on since November, most will look forward. 

The Brora result made me open to the change of manager, and I still am. 

But, I know someone like Mcinnes won't suddenly transform us to what many want, so Going forward I can't wait to get to the games, whoever the manager is. 

Covid will have more of an impact on St sales imo. 

How will your opinion know if it is covid or Robbies/ Budge's continued presence that is a season ticket holders reason not to renew?

His speech is so reminiscent of Cathro (not a sackable offence , even at Hearts right now) and  he seems totally incapable of rallying the fans behind him ( and, apparently, the players too) . There's been references on here to players "downing tools" and it's not hard to see why : he is SO depressing to listen to.

There is just  no motivation coming from him : "get over the line". 

Add to that , he accepts no blame and deflects to a ridiculous level while suggesting it's just an over  reaction from fans when he oversees the most humiliating defeat in the clubs history.  I was never against his re-appointment but , now, for me, he has to go. He just hasn't got a clue.  

Nookie Bear
18 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

How will your opinion know if it is covid or Robbies/ Budge's continued presence that is a season ticket holders reason not to renew?

FWIW i think covid will have a bigger impact on ST sales than Robbie, especially if fans are still not allowed in.

28 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

FWIW i think covid will have a bigger impact on ST sales than Robbie, especially if fans are still not allowed in.

Maybe's aye, maybe's naw!

1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

It's a fair point. But maybe it suggests they did better with the possession they had.

They did, that's not what was being debated though. It was stated that they came at us and had a go, they never. They let us have the ball, watched us piss about with it then rammed it right up our farter because we're soft as shite in defence. God knows what the results would have been if they did actually have a go at us.

"It's a case of just getting back to what we were doing three or four weeks ago."...............FFS...........says it all!

1 hour ago, Bad Religion said:

If we fail to finish 3rd next season, it will be the second worst run in terms of league placings, in the clubs history. 

That's surely a stick that you use to beat someone else with, this thread is about RN.

1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

I will renew, no matter what, I know some don't agree with this but for me supporting Hearts is bigger than Robbie or Ann, but plenty won't if he is will there and that will damage the club

Bad Religion
9 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

That's surely a stick that you use to beat someone else with, this thread is about RN.

I’m happy to beat Bob with it. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, lou said:

I will renew, no matter what, I know some don't agree with this but for me supporting Hearts is bigger than Robbie or Ann, but plenty won't if he is will there and that will damage the club

I don’t want to lose the seat I’ve got which is why I’ll renew. The only upside if Neilson is manager is that I can give him abuse

Gordon Ramsay
17 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

"It's a case of just getting back to what we were doing three or four weeks ago."...............FFS...........says it all!

This is the crux of it for me. 

He thinks everything was all good a few weeks back. 

NEWS FLASH MORON, WE'VE BEEN SHITE ALL SEASON. 

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Why on earth doesn't Ann take him aside and gently tell him to shut up for a few weeks. She can't believe his ramblings are  good for him or the club. I can only guess that the flak he is getting and the anger he is creating deflects attention from her.

Edited by Francis Albert

Francis Albert
7 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

This is the crux of it for me. 

He thinks everything was all good a few weeks back. 

NEWS FLASH MORON, WE'VE BEEN SHITE ALL SEASON. 

Avoid defeat tonight and he can talk about the progress we have made since the league cup defeat.

6 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Why on earth doesn't Ann take him aside and gently tell him to shut up for a few weeks. She can't believe his ramblings are  good for him or the club. I can only guess that the flak he is getting and the anger he is creating deflects attention from her.

I think it is like prodding a snake......you know you shouldn't but you like the reaction!

He's showing he is bigger than the fans, more important, more knowledgeable ..........and she is letting him, because she is more important than him or Hearts!

Now it's our biggest transfer window and we missed out on targets.Only a couple of month ago he said we would only be signing one or two in this summers window much to the alarm of fans.

He just keeps slavering shite but yes summer is huge but a big part of that is he brought in shite or maybe he just can't get them to play either way he has had a huge part in creating the mess. 

Edited by vegas-voss

7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Exactly what I've been thinking over the last couple of weeks. 

The narrative that it's all about Brora isn't being accepted : the whole edifice is under criticism and everyone in it. She was possibly expecting some hostility towards Neilson after his first tenure , but not this. 

18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I don’t want to lose the seat I’ve got which is why I’ll renew. The only upside if Neilson is manager is that I can give him abuse

This is my conundrum too...........but I am severely stretched to justify it to myself!

As they say......"It's just not worth it"!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Because she basically thinks that winning a pub league while getting humiliated sporadically and playing like a team of welts is positive.

2 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Now it's our biggest transfer window and we missed out on targets.Only a couple of month ago he said we would only be signing one or two in this summers window much to the alarm of fans.

He just keeps slavering shite but yes summer is huge but a big part of that is he brought in shite or maybe he just can't get them to say either way he has had a huge part in creating the mess. 

To be fare he said he needed wingers and width, brought them in, didn't play them, put one out on loan then moaned he needed wingers and width, got some more then got nothing out of them!

All Leveins fault too!

Just now, Jambo61 said:

To be fare he said he needed wingers and width, brought them in, didn't play them, put one out on loan then moaned he needed wingers and width, got some more then got nothing out of them!

All Leveins fault too!

Exactly and he also said he was happy to go into next season with minor additions ( one or two ).

His biggest problem is he doesn't seem to have a ****ing clue what he wants from one day to the other.No wonder the players are clueless.

2 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

All Leveins fault too!

Also paid €€€€ for a box to box midfielder who’s now playing horrendously as a right winger.

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Exactly and he also said he was happy to go into next season with minor additions ( one or two ).

His biggest problem is he doesn't seem to have a ****ing clue what he wants from one day to the other.No wonder the players are clueless.

He strengthened the forward line, he strengthened the wide men, he strengthened the midfield, he strengthened the defence and he strengthened the goalie!

Now all he needs to do is strengthen the forward line, strengthen the wide men, strengthen the midfield and strengthen the defence and job done!

What's to worry about?

7 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

He strengthened the forward line, he strengthened the wide men, he strengthened the midfield, he strengthened the defence and he strengthened the goalie!

Now all he needs to do is strengthen the forward line, strengthen the wide men, strengthen the midfield and strengthen the defence and job done!

What's to worry about?

:rofl:

:clap:

Lone Striker
8 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

What's to worry about?

👍 Yep, its just like Levein all over again.      Is  anyone on the Board actually challenging Robbie to reveal which academy boys he intends to use next season ?   Or are they just accepting that it'll be ok for him to keep on repeating this dump, dump, dump & sign,sign,sign policy ? 

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

👍 Yep, its just like Levein all over again.      Is  anyone on the Board actually challenging Robbie to reveal which academy boys he intends to use next season ?   Or are they just accepting that it'll be ok for him to keep on repeating this dump, dump, dump & sign,sign,sign policy ? 

Hard to break a habit.

18 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

What's to worry about?

🤣 Brilliant 

Totally sums it up 

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Hmmm, not sure I agree with that!

COVID hit the UK in Feb / March 2020, prior to season tickets going on sale / renewal dates. There was no guarantee that fans would be back into grounds for the start of the 20/21 season. Yet most of us renewed without a clear roadmap for the future. 

COVID might well limit the numbers that can physically attend games at Tynecastle, but will it ultimately decide who does, or does not renew for the 21/22 season?

One thing that is certain is Neilson remaining in post for the start of the 21/22 season will undoubtably impact season tickets sales in a significant number.

Neilson Out 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Hashimoto said:

Hmmm, not sure I agree with that!

COVID hit the UK in Feb / March 2020, prior to season tickets going on sale / renewal dates. There was no guarantee that fans would be back into grounds for the start of the 20/21 season. Yet most of us renewed without a clear roadmap for the future. 

COVID might well limit the numbers that can physically attend games at Tynecastle, but will it ultimately decide who does, or does not renew for the 21/22 season?

One thing that is certain is Neilson remaining in post for the start of the 21/22 season will undoubtably impact season tickets sales in a significant number.

Neilson Out 

I think many expected to be back in grounds by October. 

I also feel the fear of losing a decent seat next to friends and family is a factor. 

The Apprentice

I honestly thought it was a case of seeing out whats left of this season and then commencing the clear out in the summer, including Neilson and co.

After reading his comments regarding the rebuild in the summer he doesn't sound like a man on his way out unfortunately.  It's starting to get really tedious now, where I doubt even a defeat tonight would make a difference.  He'll get the summer to sign another truckload of players and start next season under severe pressure and the majority of fans on his back.

Nothing he says inspires confidence and personally it's at the stage where I just can't stand the guy anymore.

7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I also feel the fear of losing a decent seat next to friends and family is a factor. 

Yes, agreed.

Problem that I'm faced with is  - The people I go to the games with, sit next too are as fed up as the rest of us. They are quite entrenched in their views that if Neilson is still here hell will freeze over before they renew.
I love my seat in the new stand. It's only a good seat because of the company around me. I don't see myself sitting beside a bunch of strangers next season.
If only Mrs Budge could see some sense and gauge the feeling in the room this could all be avoided.

Neilson Out

5 hours ago, Hashimoto said:

Contracts never get in the way....!

5 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

If the manager in my job had made a pigs ear of it and had a disaster at work in the way of the disasters of brora and alloa results like RN had, i can assure you, his contract wouldn't matter and neither should RN's. It will cost us more not getting rid of him imo, as things stand we are set to lose potentially thousands of season tickets and maybe thousands of foh contributors, now i am no mathmatician but if you add all that up, that equalls a hell of a lot more than what RN and his coaches are on for the next two seasons.

5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

just put them on garden leave until they walk away. 

retaining neilson will cost more FOH contributions, will cost season tickets, will cost in terms of players who the new manager may not want and cost in terms of lost prize money next season.

I say the new manager, Becuase neilson is done regardless - whether it’s today or in 6 months he is finished . The fans will ramp up the pressure no matter what. Week in week out the demands for his head are only going to get bigger, and the action taken by fans more extreme.

5 hours ago, GinRummy said:

They don’t. Not in football. When managers lose the dressing room the club sacks them. That’s how it works. 

Contracts never get in the way?

Damour? Martin? 

Stendel would still have had a contract if we'd stayed up.

Why do you think we continue to pay Naismith fortunes for zero return?

Contacts get in the way, alright. 

My point wasn't about being stuck with someone on a contract, it was that we need to dip deep (yet again!) to pay people off. 

Our club (all clubs) are sustained by money, and - just like an individual or a household - if there's more going out than coming in ... well, you know what happens next.

I'm not naive enough to expect RN to be in the dugout until his contract is up. But terminating contracts - and issuing new ones - is costing Hearts a fortune.

No matter what ... contracts get in the way!

6 minutes ago, Hashimoto said:

Yes, agreed.

Problem that I'm faced with is  - The people I go to the games with, sit next too are as fed up as the rest of us. They are quite entrenched in their views that if Neilson is still here hell will freeze over before they renew.
I love my seat in the new stand. It's only a good seat because of the company around me. I don't see myself sitting beside a bunch of strangers next season.
If only Mrs Budge could see some sense and gauge the feeling in the room this could all be avoided.

Neilson Out

Same , my 3 mates are not going to renew there ST unless Robbie is out and that leaves me with a choice do I do the same or sit beside strangers or even empty seats ? It’s not just watching the game at tynecastle but also the company you watch it ! a laugh with few pints before and after,

Robbie oot!

Just now, MCW1976 said:

Contracts never get in the way?

Damour? Martin? 

Stendel would still have had a contract if we'd stayed up.

Why do you think we continue to pay Naismith fortunes for zero return?

Contacts get in the way, alright. 

My point wasn't about being stuck with someone on a contract, it was that we need to dip deep (yet again!) to pay people off. 

Our club (all clubs) are sustained by money, and - just like an individual or a household - if there's more going out than coming in ... well, you know what happens next.

I'm not naive enough to expect RN to be in the dugout until his contract is up. But terminating contracts - and issuing new ones - is costing Hearts a fortune.

No matter what ... contracts get in the way!

Players contracts do. As I said, when a manager loses the dressing room his club fire him. Contract or not. That’s what happens because the alternative is always worse. 

26 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Fans will get back in next season but will be spaced out  3 apart, so nobody gets the seat they have had in the past, doubt very much away fans will be allowed ,Tynecastle  will be Hearts fans only and this may become the norm for years to come.

Just now, GinRummy said:

Players contracts do. As I said, when a manager loses the dressing room his club fire him. Contract or not. That’s what happens because the alternative is always worse. 

My point is that a manager also has a mortgage to pay. You don't just say bye because they lose games.

Neilson is not even one year into a 3 year deal.

1 minute ago, gogsdee said:

Fans will get back in next season but will be spaced out  3 apart, so nobody gets the seat they have had in the past, doubt very much away fans will be allowed ,Tynecastle  will be Hearts fans only and this may become the norm for years to come.

And they are gonna be thin-on-the-ground, the ways things are going! 🙂

If as its looking Robbie stays we can only hope that between him and Savage they come up trumps this window otherwise both will come into question.

6 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

My point is that a manager also has a mortgage to pay. You don't just say bye because they lose games.

You do just say bye because they lose games. That’s what happens to managers who lose games I know he’s only a year into a three year deal but he has to go. 

SectionDJambo
37 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

also feel the fear of losing a decent seat next to friends and family is a factor

This is exactly how the season ticket uptake will never change all that significantly. Back in the days of standing everywhere except the main stand, we could just decide to roll up if we wanted and stand with our mates or family. 

I go to Tynecastle to spend time with my son and meet up with mates that I rarely see away from Tynecastle. I'd hate to miss it and won't give up my seat. I've become friendly with guys, who I had never met before, who sit nearby too.

We can always make our feelings known when we are there though. 

11 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

It's a pay off. Same as anyone else who is poor at their job. 

My point was about more wasted money.

Contracts need paid off. If they didn't, Naismith would've been long gone.

RN will likely go (quite rightly). But add his pay-off to the new managers demands and we have more fortunes wasted by this club.

Edited by MCW1976

LarrysRightFoot

All this nonsense about looking to the long term and summer rebuilding plans is nonsense, Lennon was saying the exact same before he left Celtic. 

2 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

Contacts need paid off. If they didn't, Naismith would've been long gone.

RN will likely go (quite rightly). But add his pay-off to the new managers demands and we have more fortunes wasted by this club.

More wasted every day he's still employed. 

4 minutes ago, MCW1976 said:

Contracts need paid off. If they didn't, Naismith would've been long gone.

All very true. Another costly mistake appointing RN. I think players are different though. The tactic with players completely out in the cold seems to be to not play them and hope someone comes in for them and they move on. Not the same for managers. That’s why a lot of them leave clubs with big pay outs. 

8 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

All this nonsense about looking to the long term and summer rebuilding plans is nonsense, Lennon was saying the exact same before he left Celtic. 

The only Neilson won't be there next season is if he fails to get promotion. Unfortunately. 

He'll be there,  Budge is not going to back down because it literally costs her nothing to mess up. It would signal  the flexing of muscles by fans and the whole cosy FOH relationship will be next in the spotlight. 

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I think that’ll be fear with people maybe losing a particular seat they have.

LarrysRightFoot
12 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The only Neilson won't be there next season is if he fails to get promotion. Unfortunately. 

He'll be there,  Budge is not going to back down because it literally costs her nothing to mess up. It would signal  the flexing of muscles by fans and the whole cosy FOH relationship will be next in the spotlight. 

I’ll go as far to say - as things stand, there is zero chance he will be here next season.