Great article from Tom English

innerjambo

ford donald
2 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

It was a shite article written by a shite journalist who picked out some of the things a good journalist said.

Two words for you F... O..

4 minutes ago, ford donald said:

He is actually right though. It’s a journalist reporting on what Tom English said. 

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There’s no point in trying to distinguish between the frauds at our club.

Budge

Neilson

Murray

The players

They are all a disease and they all need to go.

Deleted.

Edited by Awbdy Oot

11 minutes ago, ford donald said:

Never actually understood what I wrote did you?

ps. I've had thread bans and warnings for less than that.

ford donald
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He is actually right though. It’s a journalist reporting on what Tom English said. 

I picked that up wrong then,thought he was referring to TE,he has my apology.

Just now, ford donald said:

I picked that up wrong then,thought he was referring to TE,he has my apology.

No problem. 👍

ford donald
1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Never actually understood what I wrote did you?

ps. I've had thread bans and warnings for less than that.

My apology for that,I misunderstood,please accept.

2 hours ago, ford donald said:

Another excellent article by a very good journalist,Budge backs a manager who buys crap players and produces crap football,everybody sees it,yet nothing changes.

She backed a Manager who bought shit players, playing shit negative football......sacked him......then brought in a Manager who bought shit player, playing shit negative football...

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:jjyay:

You're just not worth the inevitable ban, trolls like you get off on getting folk banned.

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Hibs Comic with negative Hearts story copied - shock 

It’s a very positive story. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

You're just not worth the inevitable ban, trolls like you get off on getting folk banned.

Not my fault if you can’t discuss things in a mature, constructive manner.

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Not my fault if you can’t discuss things in a mature, constructive manner.

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There’s no point in trying to distinguish between the frauds at our club.

Budge

Neilson

Murray

The players

They are all a disease and they all need to go.

:rofl:

3 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

It was a shite article written by a shite journalist who picked out some of the things a good journalist said.

I agree.  Meaningless blabbering.  

Unless he is going to name names, the following sentence is worthless.  If he had named the guys he was referring to, it might have had an impact.

A lot of them have been bad professionals. They’re not trying a yard, some of these guys.

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Re Robbies signings, surely there is a huge problem when a player is signed and then sent on loan to a Premiership club. Doing badly here yet managing to play well for Motherwell seems to indicate he can't play to the tactics employed. So why was he signed? If they knew he played a certain style ( obviously watched and assessed )and that was different to how you want the team to play, then surely you don't sign him.

Surely the first rule of signing a player is will he fit in to how we set the team up.

So along with poor signings and poor tactics / selections we have a recruitment strategy that doesn't work.

The manager must identify the type of player he wants, and he must know how that player plays, and if he will fit in to his team, it's then up to others to go and get them. In other words Robbie is the problem. 

Been saying for a while, recruitment isn't our problem. It's not great, don't get me wrong,  and as you point out, just isn't joined up.

But our biggest issue by a long long distance is coaching and tactics. Within that I include the culture within the group, which is set by a coaching team.

Jordan Roberts isn't terrible. McEneff isn't pish. Neither are GMS and certainly not Kingsley. Nor was Washington, Uche, Lee, Clare and the list goes on and on and includes guys like Halkett, Naismith and Boyce still with us.

They're all guys we're almost unanimously happy we've signed. We turn them pish. Or you could say "don't get the best out of them", I guess.

The sad thing is that also counts for our own kids. Irving, Hendo, Cochrane, Smith, Mcdonald, Morrison and more. Perhaps some simply aren't good enough to make it but are we all confident they've been nurtured and developed since signing full time contracts??

Our coaching stinks at first team level.

Never mind.....get another drink and watch the effort, with no sideways football in sight, here.

Just now, DesertDawg said:

Never mind.....get another drink and watch the effort, with no sideways football in sight, here.

"Sigh"  that was the day we "won" the league. ☹️

11 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Exciting, entertaining, fast ... words that have disappeared from our match reports in recent years.

1986 was a memorable year.  We won nothing but it was an incredible time to be a Hearts supporter.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

I agree.  Meaningless blabbering.  

Unless he is going to name names, the following sentence is worthless.  If he had named the guys he was referring to, it might have had an impact.

A lot of them have been bad professionals. They’re not trying a yard, some of these guys.

I couldn’t disagree more. Halkett and White have weight problems. Irving has had several games where his mind is very obviously elsewhere. Walker, according to Neilson, isn’t fit. 

There’s four players off the top of my head showing poor levels of professionalism. It’s no surprise TE isn’t naming names. The players are a disgrace but he more than likely doesn’t want to get involved in a war of words with some shit footballers .

upgotheheads
5 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Tom English is head, shoulders and tackity boots above any other 'journalist' in Scottish football. 

4 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

RE the players. The shitest players in the squad who’ve been the worst performers that have cost us dear, have been the guys Neilson has brought in is the issue. He’s brought about 10 players in. Why is Ross Stewart at this football club for example. I reckon Zlamal would’ve probably saved one of them against Brora. Pointless, rubbish signing what was the point? Then, Frear, why is he here? We had Lewis Moore who was about level with him in terms of quality. Rubbish in other words but at least Moore tried. So why was he brought to the club? These guys are total wastes of space. 

Popescu. I mean what planet is Robbie Neilson on bringing a player like that to this football club? Every single fan knew both Berra and Halkett needed binned but Robbies plan was to play them then he signed utter dross Popescu as an afterthought.

Halliday, wasn’t it obvious that Hearts fans would absolutely despise him? The guy had absolutely no chance of succeeding or being liked here as he is open about the fact he couldn’t give a **** about us and prefers to focus on Rangers. So why bin Cochrane, Smith, then sideline McGill and play Halliday every minute of every game? We could’ve gave these kids plenty game time. Halliday is not on small money either. 

Big money January signings GMS gnando and mceneff. Haven’t had the promised transformational impact on the style of play. What went wrong? 

Yes the players have been shite and it needs a clear out but the fans are on about, but it’s about, who is the guy to lead us forward after the clear out? The above evidence is damning. 

Neilson will stay, the fans will not be happy, and we will then get humiliated several more times before Neilson gets sacked by Christmas at best 

100% 👏

19 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Tom English is head, shoulders and tackity boots above any other 'journalist' in Scottish football. 

I know he is, read my post again, maybe a bit slower next time.

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Been saying for a while, recruitment isn't our problem. It's not great, don't get me wrong,  and as you point out, just isn't joined up.

But our biggest issue by a long long distance is coaching and tactics. Within that I include the culture within the group, which is set by a coaching team.

Jordan Roberts isn't terrible. McEneff isn't pish. Neither are GMS and certainly not Kingsley. Nor was Washington, Uche, Lee, Clare and the list goes on and on and includes guys like Halkett, Naismith and Boyce still with us.

They're all guys we're almost unanimously happy we've signed. We turn them pish. Or you could say "don't get the best out of them", I guess.

The sad thing is that also counts for our own kids. Irving, Hendo, Cochrane, Smith, Mcdonald, Morrison and more. Perhaps some simply aren't good enough to make it but are we all confident they've been nurtured and developed since signing full time contracts??

Our coaching stinks at first team level.

Completely agree with this. In general we don't sign terrible players, most of them are pretty decent, with a decent track record. 

Unfortunately, after they arrive, we make them look bad with our coaching and style of play/tactics. 

We have wasted so much money over these last 4 or 5 years on player turnaround it makes my blood boil.

1 hour ago, Maple Leaf said:

Exciting, entertaining, fast ... words that have disappeared from our match reports in recent years.

1986 was a memorable year.  We won nothing but it was an incredible time to be a Hearts supporter.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times......

pettigrewsstylist
7 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

any off us fans could have written it as its been like this for the last 5 years and the players  are really lucky that there is no fans in the stadium as they would not get away with the shit they have gave us to watch this 85 % of this  season  :rifle:  

apart from Craig Gordon and Smith I think the whole team has been piss poor this year  :rifle:

Its certainly got relegation written all over next season

12 hours ago, Paolo said:

BBC’s best football journalist/pundit, is actually a rugby one.  Shows you how bad the rest are.  

Probably the only one not to blinded by a slavish devotion to one or other of the Old Firm. What I like about Tom English is ability to say it as it is no matter what and no matter who might be upset. He’s totally right about the state of things inside our club just now. My worry is that we currently don’t have someone at the top of the tree ruthless enough to cut to the chase with this. Savage remedial surgery is required in quite a few functions inside the club just now, starting with the management and current first team coaches.

He is a lot cleverer when aiming his articles at his target audience that's for sure, when he was making up stories and slagging off Hearts supporters he wasn't quite as popular. Still, we have a fan base that forgives and forgets quite easily  😉

Fair play to Tom, he plays the gantry very well indeed.

He's on the money as ever.  Only journalist in Scotland without an agenda.   He's also bang on in his analysis of the players.  The fans anger is all concentrated on Neilson and Budge but these players haven't tried a leg for months.  It's unforgivable.  If we approached our own jobs like that we get sacked.  

38 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

He is a lot cleverer when aiming his articles at his target audience that's for sure, when he was making up stories and slagging off Hearts supporters he wasn't quite as popular. Still, we have a fan base that forgives and forgets quite easily  😉

Fair play to Tom, he plays the gantry very well indeed.

He slagged off the bigots in our support and the bigots on here didn't like it

12 minutes ago, XB52 said:

He slagged off the bigots in our support and the bigots on here didn't like it

Exactly.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pretty much on the mark. How the players have managed to get away with it for so long really not sure. How many managers will they eat? Only bit I'm not sure about is the Academy, its hard to argue, because I really don't know who is good enough, Connor Smith certainly looked worth a go longer term

wattie exploited
14 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Its certainly got relegation written all over next season

need a clear out and take Naismith as well he has done nothing the last two years :rifle: