• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

• Tazio

• kila

Maroon Sailor
23 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Hopefully a leisurely watch this evening on the final day as I have £2 on Matsuyama @ 64/1 with Betfair.

This is Sunday at the Masters

Funny things happen 

1 minute ago, Maroon Sailor said:

This is Sunday at the Masters

Funny things happen 

Oh I know, fortunately I have back up in Spieth,Thomas,Shauffele if the shit hits the pan as back-up.

Matuyama playing par golf will win, IMO.

I think Matsuyama will drop some shots early on and it'll be wide open.

The trouble with just playing for par is you're still likely going to have some misses (because it is Sunday at Augusta) and will invite the field back. But then if you do attack and get bitten, you get bitten hard.

Augusta forecast shows winds gusting up to 28mph at the moment and easing as the afternoon goes on. Would rather the opposite!

Fxxx the SPFL
7 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Oh I know, fortunately I have back up in Spieth,Thomas,Shauffele if the shit hits the pan as back-up.

Matuyama playing par golf will win, IMO.

cash out

4 minutes ago, kila said:

I think Matsuyama will drop some shots early on and it'll be wide open.

The trouble with just playing for par is you're still likely going to have some misses (because it is Sunday at Augusta) and will invite the field back. But then if you do attack and get bitten, you get bitten hard.

Augusta forecast shows winds gusting up to 28mph at the moment and easing as the afternoon goes on. Would rather the opposite!

Matsuyama will shite the bed. Xander will win, but I hope Rose wins. 

5 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I reckon -9 will win it and Spieth will nab it

8 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Aw FFS don’t tip Xander please. I’ve got cash on him and your hugely confident predictions have a habit of going wildly wrong. 😀

What usually puts a bit of pressure on a leader with a lead of a few shots is the slightly ironic situation of rivals in the groups preceeding him having the advantage of the opportunity to get birdies on the board before the leader.  This could occur today because they're quite bunched in the groups before the final group.  1 of about 6 or so gets 2 or 3 under thru the first 6 or 7 and Matsuyama maybe stays level or goes +1.  

Keep an eye on Speith and his odds look eye catching at 16/1 for e/w 1-2-3. 

Edited by Victorian

19 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Cheers mate, but I will not hold it against you when my Japanese friend puts on his green jacket as the Masters winner.

Edited by Jamdub

12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Aw FFS don’t tip Xander please. I’ve got cash on him and your hugely confident predictions have a habit of going wildly wrong. 😀

My predictions are usually spot on. 

4 minutes ago, Jamdub said:

Cheers mate, but I will not hold it against you when my Japanese friend puts on his green jacket as the Masters winner.

Good luck to him. 

Just now, ri Alban said:

Anybody but Speith please. 

That’s more like it, I’ve got money on him as well. Xander is my preferred option though as I got him at 22/1. 

Just now, Tazio said:

That’s more like it, I’ve got money on him as well. Xander is my preferred option though as I got him at 22/1. 

Good luck bud. 

£37.50 for any time now yesterday. Chuffed. 

2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

:notsure:

Samuel Camazzola
10 hours ago, Victorian said:

Some going by Matsuyama and he's got it 75% won.  70 or 71 and nobody touches him.  MacIntyre enhancing his rep again.  Can't win but a great chance of a top 5.

75% is too generous. It's Sunday at Augusta and a bit of drama will rear its head very quickly. 

1 minute ago, kila said:

Matsuyama going to drop at least one on the first by the looks of it

Good start by Zalatoris though, seems fearless

I was just about to post your 2nd sentence almost word for word. He might look like a stick insect but he seems to be suited to the course. 

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Big Zal posting a couple of birdies at 1 and 2 will give Matsu the jitters.

He reminds of Langer. 

Speith hasn't had the good start he needed.  He's out.  All in all a decent start for Matsuyama.  Doubt he'll be caught.

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Speith hasn't had the good start he needed.  He's out.  All in all a decent start for Matsuyama.  Doubt he'll be caught.

I’m not so sure. A bogey for him and a birdie for Zalatoris and it all gets hellish tight looking. 

Malinga the Swinga

Commentators and coverage doing my head in. Every shot is brilliant, including the missed ones, every chip is fantastic, even when they are miles off target, with McGinlay the worst by a long way. 

You basically see 6 players and that's your lot. 

One last thing. What the **** is this 'patrons' chat. Its a crowd, it's always been a crowd and always will be a crowd. 

Well this is weird. Xander was looking like the most likely of my bets with Speith and Rahm out of the game. And now Rahm is my best chance, even if he is running out of holes. 

Samuel Camazzola
14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Commentators and coverage doing my head in. Every shot is brilliant, including the missed ones, every chip is fantastic, even when they are miles off target, with McGinlay the worst by a long way. 

One last thing. What the **** is this 'patrons' chat. Its a crowd, it's always been a crowd and always will be a crowd. 

Was something started by the Augusta National co-founder. Was picked up by the local press back in the day and now used by a wider audience. 

49 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

There are rules the broadcasters have to stick to. Referring to those attending as Patrons is one of them.

Nobody putting any pressure on Matsuyama.

looks like a 5 shot lead at the turn.

Wind getting up, unlikely someone will shoot 30 on the back nine.

His to lose.

William H. Bonney
3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

In the bag for Matsuyama now. Might be bed time. Ridiculous how slow these guys get round these days.

2 hours 10 minutes for the front 9 is pathetic. 

Bloody annoying I didn’t go EW on my bets as the current leaderboard has my three bets at the top of the leaderboard (if you ignore first and second) 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Funnily enough I was thinking the same :  the commentary does my head in. It's like they're describing god-like figures. And the crap they were talking last night about how , if the Japanese guy wins, how good it would be for golf in Japan  and in the same breath saying just how exclusive a sport golf is in Japan. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

That patrons stuff gets on my tits.

It's like there's some kind of in joke and you're only one of the cool kids if you say 'patron'. 

If I ever get to go to the masters, I'll spend my day saying,  "woo! Look at all the spectators!"

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Funnily enough I was thinking the same :  the commentary does my head in. It's like they're describing god-like figures. And the crap they were talking last night about how , if the Japanese guy wins, how good it would be for golf in Japan  and in the same breath saying just how exclusive a sport golf is in Japan. 

In their defence I think the point they were trying to get across was that it might open golf in Japan up more to the rest of the public. It’s hugely popular with lots of indoor golf centres but courses are expensive due to the cost of land. 

I P Knightley

Seeing a Japanese chap winning this comes almost full circle from when I started following golf and Isao Aoki looked threatening for The Open in '78?

1 minute ago, kila said:

Matsuyama finds the water on 15, this could get a bit more interesting now

The only saving grace is that it’s on a par 5, and most of these guys play par 5 like a 4 these days. Also Xander being in the sand. 

Pasquale for King

I hope they enjoyed their mashed tatties because next years Champions dinner is going to be slightly different.