• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

• Tazio

• kila

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Bryson 10 over par.

I posted on a thread on the BBC Facebook page about him that you need to be an artist not a scientist to win the Masters. It’s not a course that rewards being crazy adventurous in the first couple of rounds. 

Maroon Sailor

Crazy on 15 for Lowry - chipping from behind the green, on to the green and in to the water. Ball just kept going and going

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

Rose hasn't missed a thing since the 7th

6 under and 3 clear with 2 holes left

Maroon Sailor

Rose has nailed it at 17

On the verge of taking about 60 players out of the tournament already

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Been some cracking golf the last couple of hours

Forecast tomorrow looks more of the same with the wind not to blow a bit more until Saturday

Maroon Sailor

Don't think Rose will be withdrawing this week unlike Bay Hill a few weeks back  when he put 3 balls in the water for a quintuple bogey 9

2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

She'll be in the studio in Salford

Never understood why broadcasters other than interviewers are required to go to these tournaments, they literally just sit and watch same video stream as viewers, hopefully this becomes permanent for sporting events, football world cups and euros are the same, BBC sending an army of people out to Brazil or wherever to sit in a studio and watch same screen that they would have back in the UK

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Rose absolutely smashing it.

80/1 before a ball was hit backed out of backing him and opted for Cameron Smith 😕

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Never understood why broadcasters other than interviewers are required to go to these tournaments, they literally just sit and watch same video stream as viewers, hopefully this becomes permanent for sporting events, football world cups and euros are the same, BBC sending an army of people out to Brazil or wherever to sit in a studio and watch same screen that they would have back in the UK

Definitely, they could then spend the money and get more coverage of the event. 

Justin Rose is a rock solid golfer on form and I doubt he will deviate from that level over the next three rounds, much like DJ did last year. Long way to go though. 

Nice to see the Scottish lads doing OK. 

Maroon Sailor
7 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Justin Rose is a rock solid golfer on form and I doubt he will deviate from that level over the next three rounds, much like DJ did last year. Long way to go though. 

Nice to see the Scottish lads doing OK. 

Rose hasn't been on form at all

37 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Rose hasn't been on form at all

Well he clearly is now because he just shot - 7 at Augusta. 🙄

I P Knightley
19 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

More a south sider I think 😆

The Braids, then?

Seriously, I didn't know he'd based himself in Embra. I thought he was living in the posh area outside Newcastle where all the footballers live. Name on the tip of my tongue but I keep on thinking of Alderley Edge - the equivalent place near Manchester.

I P Knightley
12 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Amazing run from Rose there, hope he keeps it up. 

Same.

Rose has been a favourite of mine ever since he finished 4th in The Open as an amateur. He's always come across as a decent guy.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Same.

Rose has been a favourite of mine ever since he finished 4th in The Open as an amateur. He's always come across as a decent guy.

I heard him swear loudly off the tee at the Open once, that’s my kind of guy. Swing looks a bit shorter but really good. 

Pasquale for King

The Braids, then?

Seriously, I didn't know he'd based himself in Embra. I thought he was living in the posh area outside Newcastle where all the footballers live. Name on the tip of my tongue but I keep on thinking of Alderley Edge - the equivalent place near Manchester.

Braids driving range anyway, not sure why he moved up here.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/golf-star-lee-westwoods-morningside-donations-go-under-hammer-646864

8EB74B57-D92E-450B-9EEE-8EFC634CAD61.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thank he used to stay in Ravelston area as his ex wife and kids stay (ed) out at Archerfield I think so he moved to be closer the kids. His insta during lockdown had him down near Close House near Newcastle so maybe he's moved. Or he could have houses in both places.

I P Knightley
18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I heard him swear loudly off the tee at the Open once, that’s my kind of guy. Swing looks a bit shorter but really good. 

That's what I like to hear. It's one of my favourite bits of golf; the imagination with colourful language. Before playing golf, I had no idea that someone's mother's flaps could be ***ked off.

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Thank he used to stay in Ravelston area as his ex wife and kids stay (ed) out at Archerfield I think so he moved to be closer the kids. His insta during lockdown had him down near Close House near Newcastle so maybe he's moved. Or he could have houses in both places.

His fiancée comes from Newcastle so yeah he might have a home down there. 
His first wife is Andrew Coltart’s sister and Lee is apparently a QoS fan due to him 😆

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

That's what I like to hear. It's one of my favourite bits of golf; the imagination with colourful language. Before playing golf, I had no idea that someone's mother's flaps could be ***ked off.

Hahahahaha it’s always been a problem for me, that and kicking stuff. 
I went through a phase of taking stuff back, the guy in the Edinburgh Hold centre reckoned my bag looked like it had been in a CAR CRASH, still gave me a replacement though because I bought clubs off them when I was on the rigs and they thought I was loaded 😆

I’m sure they said on the coverage last night that Rose has now equalled the record for being in the lead at the end of the 1st day of the Masters. 

Same.

Yep, like him too but I'd hate to share a table with him and Scott Hastings.

Why use 50 words when 500 will do.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I’m sure they said on the coverage last night that Rose has now equalled the record for being in the lead at the end of the 1st day of the Masters. 

Yeah 4 times, level with Nicklaus. Led 6 times in total which is the most of someone who hasn’t won. 

Maroon Sailor

Won't be many getting close to the pin at the par 3 6th

It's like trying to land and stop it on a glass table

Rose has lost the heid. 

Fleetwood getting himself back into contention. 

Rab MacIntyre with a solid round. Go on lad!

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Rose has lost the heid. 

Fleetwood getting himself back into contention. 

Rab MacIntyre with a solid round. Go on lad!

Lost the head but still only 1 over for the day. If this is his bad day he's got an excellent chance

3 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Lost the head but still only 1 over for the day. If this is his bad day he's got an excellent chance

Seems to have got it back together after shooting +3 on the front 9.

There's been a few false dawns but I think MacIntyre is going to be Scotland's next genuine world stage golfer.  I think he's got the full package of attributes required.  Laird has done really well but he's got lots of previous for having a poor round to spoil a major.  Maybe this time he'll have 4 good rounds.

William H. Bonney
1 minute ago, kila said:

Wow I've just realised how good the Masters website is now, with full shot-by-shot replays for each golfer and 3D representations.

Have a watch of Bryson's birdie on the 18th:

https://www.masters.com/en_US/players/player_47959.html?promo=bio_lb

My dad just informed me of this website 5 minutes ago. It’s fantastic.