The Masters 2021

kila

Full TV coverage from 7:30pm but the featured groups begin at 2pm.

Early TV featured groups for round 1:

Dustin Johnson, Lee Westwood, Tyler Strafaci
Rory Mcllroy, Jon Rahm, Xander Schauffele
Justin Thomas, Louis Oosthuizen, Tony Finau

First round tee times:

(USA unless stated, all times BST, (x) denotes amateurs)

1300 M Thompson, H Swafford

1312 S Lyle (Sco), M Jones (Aus), D Frittelli (Rsa)

1324 I Woosnam (Wal), J Herman, S Cink

1336 S Munoz (Col), H Stenson (Swe), R Streb

1348 B Langer (Ger), W Zalatoris, (x) J Long (Eng)

1400 B Harman, I Poulter (Eng), B Todd

1412 C Schwartzel (Rsa), Si Woo Kim (Kor), C Conners (Can)

1424 D Willett (Eng), J Niemann (Chl), K Kisner

1436 J Day (Aus), M Wolff, C Champ

1448 H Matsuyama (Jpn), H English, A Ancer (Mex)

1506 B Watson, B Koepka, V Hovland (Nor)

1518 S Garcia (Esp), W Simpson, C Bezuidenhout (Rsa)

1530 D Johnson, L Westwood (Eng), (x) T Strafaci

1542 X Schauffele, J Rahm (Esp), R McIlroy (NIrl)

1554 P Reed, D Berger, P Casey (Eng)

1606 V Singh (Fij), M Laird (Sco)

1618 L Mize, J Walker, B Gay

1630 C Ortiz (Mex), M Hughes (Can), B Wiesberger (Aut)

1642 M Weir (Can), CT Pan (Tai), R MacIntyre (Sco)

1654 J M Olazabal (Esp), M Wallace (Eng), L Griffin

1712 V Perez (Fra), J Kokrak, M Leishman (Aus)

1724 F Couples, F Molinari (Ita), (x) C Osborne

1736 Z Johnson, K Na, G Woodland

1748 S Lowry (Irl), J Rose (Eng), M Kuchar

1800 B Horschel, T Hatton (Eng), R Palmer

1812 P Mickelson, T Fleetwood (Eng), S Scheffler

1824 P Cantlay, Sungjae Im (Kor), M Fitzpatrick (Eng)

1836 A Scott (Aus), B DeChambeau, M Homa

1848 T Finau, L Oosthuizen (Rsa), J Thomas

1900 J Spieth, C Smith (Aus), C Morikawa

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Maroon Sailor

• Tazio

• kila

Fxxx the SPFL

i wonder what DeChambeau's secret new club is. Weather looking a bit iffy tomorrow and Saturday

Edited by Fxxx the SPFL

Can't wait. Got Bryson down to win it but would love Rory to get the Grand Slam. The problem comes tomorrow when deciding if its worth changing over to the Hearts game.

Just now, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Can't wait. Got Bryson down to win it but would love Rory to get the Grand Slam. The problem comes tomorrow when deciding if its worth changing over to the Hearts game.

Aye, what a dilemma.

Three Jocks this year.  Most in a while.  Quite fancy MacIntyre to do well as he's a fearless type.  Lyle's a waste of a tee peg and Laird's there to make up the numbers.  Expecting another big showing from the English contingent.

CloustonHMFC

Fiver on each to win: Dustin, Bryson, Jordan and Tony F. Wide open this year though, could go to anyone who finds a bit form.

13 minutes ago, JWL said:

Aye, what a dilemma.

It's a tough one. Watch pros who take great pride in what they do to try achieve their dreams, or watch some has beens kick a ball side ways and backwards against some part timers. The lure of seeing the lovely tynecastle pitch will probably sway it for me.

1 minute ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

It's a tough one. Watch pros who take great pride in what they do to try achieve their dreams, or watch some has beens kick a ball side ways and backwards against some part timers. The lure of seeing the lovely tynecastle pitch will probably sway it for me.

Masters on the laptop and game on telly I think. Have to watch the game as it's now a must win. 

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, kila said:

Around 40,000 'patrons' per day usually, only 8000 this time.

I thought it was 8,000 for the practice rounds (no par 3 contest this week :() and then more for the weekend. Given that DeChambeau is plotting a route through where the galleries usually are, it may be useful to have a few humans blocking his route.

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Three Jocks this year.  Most in a while.  Quite fancy MacIntyre to do well as he's a fearless type.  Lyle's a waste of a tee peg and Laird's there to make up the numbers.  Expecting another big showing from the English contingent.

I really think there should be some sort of age limit or score average for the last few years involved with past champions, guys like Lyle/Faldo/Woosnam/Olazabal aren’t playing at a good enough level to be a taking a younger guys place. Langer on the other hand is the exception. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

I thought it was 8,000 for the practice rounds (no par 3 contest this week :() and then more for the weekend. Given that DeChambeau is plotting a route through where the galleries usually are, it may be useful to have a few humans blocking his route.

Masters hard hats would be a good seller. 

13 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Ah so it was, maybe up to 12,500 going by reports for the weekend figures.

No shortage of roars hopefully!

Byyy The Light

Wide open so having a couple of fun bets.

£5 e/w for Abraham Ancer to be 1st round leader

£5 e/w on Westwood to win it just because I'd love to see it

Looking forward to this, love it.

I have a bet on Thomas to win and Morikawa, Cameron Smith, Harman and Conners all ew. Looking forward to it!

The Mighty Thor

Bryson's secret club.

Hopefully he bangs in a couple of 80s and the real golfers can crack on at the weekend.

odyssey-x-act-chipper-face.jpg

Pasquale for King

BBC coverage pretty poor, highlights of today’s play on at 12:30am and about the same time for all four days. Obviously their deal means they’re not allowed to show it on the same day. 

Maroon Sailor
32 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I really think there should be some sort of age limit or score average for the last few years involved with past champions, guys like Lyle/Faldo/Woosnam/Olazabal aren’t playing at a good enough level to be a taking a younger guys place. Langer on the other hand is the exception. 

60 should be the cut off point for inviting Past Champions back

47 minutes ago, kila said:

Around 40,000 'patrons' per day usually, only 8000 this time.

I have tickets carried over from last year now to next year- can't wait!! Hopefully back to normal then. 

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Pagey said:

I have tickets carried over from last year now to next year- can't wait!! Hopefully back to normal then. 

How do you get hold of them ?

Can't be easy

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Pagey said:

How did you manage to get that and was it pricey?

7 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

How do you get hold of them ?

Can't be easy

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

How did you manage to get that and was it pricey?

Since we moved over to US, I've applied in the annual ballot for tickets but with no success.

After all the years watching the Masters on TV with my parents growing up, I decided to bring them over to see it in person last year and bought hospitality tickets for the Saturday. The hospitality company have just carried forward the tickets from April to November to April to April 2022 now so hoping my parents are still able to make it next year otherwise I'll have a couple of spare tickets 😀

Footballfirst
56 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree. They should get an automatic multi year exemption (say 10 years), but beyond that any further exemption should be caveated that they continue to play regularly on a major tour, including seniors, and such an exemption would end should the player not make the cut in five successive appearances.

Edited by Footballfirst

Bryson is gonna damage his spine (if not already done so) and someone in the gallery. Rory's heids all over the place, new coach. Westwood may contend but he'll run out of gas (legs have gone), needs to get an ugly caddie...:)

J.Rahm, C. Smith and M. Leishman

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Since we moved over to US, I've applied in the annual ballot for tickets but with no success.

After all the years watching the Masters on TV with my parents growing up, I decided to bring them over to see it in person last year and bought hospitality tickets for the Saturday. The hospitality company have just carried forward the tickets from April to November to April to April 2022 now so hoping my parents are still able to make it next year otherwise I'll have a couple of spare tickets 😀

Brilliant, sounds amazing. Looking forward to hearing about it 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
27 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I agree. They should get an automatic multi year exemption (say 10 years), but beyond that any further exemption should be caveated that they continue to play regularly on a major tour, including seniors, and such an exemption would end should the player not make the cut in five successive appearances.

I think there’s similar type exemptions in the other majors too, I remember watching Faldo hacking about St Andrews thinking it’s just embarrassing. Rich Beem always plays the PGA but does t play in much else. Tom Watson nearly won though so it’s a difficult decision. 
Agree about the seniors, they should maybe play a set number of tournaments, some of them use The Open as a warm up for the Seniors Open which isn’t right. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I heard McIlroy stating that he loves living in America as it's the greatest country in the world and the land of opportunity. 

Well it is for some I suppose but what a prick. He won't win. 

My picks are Xander Shauffele, Matt Fitzpatrick and John Rahm.

He really does just open his mouth sometimes without thinking, to be honest I think he’s a bit thick. 
Slating the Ryder cup then retracting it, sleeping in at Medinah. 
Playing with Trump then saying he won’t do it again. 
He moaned about the weather at Troon a few years ago, he grew up a few miles just across the water not Florida ffs 🙈

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Tough ask. The course record's 63!!

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The fake Yank accent.

:vrface:

Tony Jacklin was the worst for that 🙈

Pasquale for King
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

They still managed to send feckin Eilidh Barbour over. 

What a feckin waste of the licence payers money that is.

Not really much point. Lucky her. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Probably but then 63 yo Langer finished 29th last year. He’s playing regularly though on the Seniors tour. 

Pasquale for King

Quite classy that Phil Mickelson and Bubba Watson turned up to watch the opening tee shots. 

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Gary Player 85 years old and he's still an extreme right wing nut job with a dubious past  

FTFY

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Probably but then 63 yo Langer finished 29th last year. He’s playing regularly though on the Seniors tour. 

Another perk of being over here, is volunteering for the SAS championship which is a Champions Tour event. I was in the transportation team and picked Langer up from his private jet at the airport. Really nice guy, very down to earth. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

They are both that feckin dozy they thought it was their T Time.

Hahahahaha not the brightest I will

give you that, Ivy League compared to DJ. 😆

Maroon Sailor

Hope the coverage isn't going to be a Westwood love-in.

Dougherty is creaming himself already at the thought of him winning the green jacket

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Pagey said:

Another perk of being over here, is volunteering for the SAS championship which is a Champions Tour event. I was in the transportation team and picked Langer up from his private jet at the airport. Really nice guy, very down to earth. 

He seems that type, amazing he’s still playing at this level at his age. 
Still annoys me that Mark James picked Andrew Coltart instead of him for the Ryder Cup in 1999, then didn’t play him until the singles where he got hammered off Tiger. 
Great Ryder cup captain too. Kiawah island will be what he’s remembered for though 🙈

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Better right wingers than Jimmy Johnstone. 

Hahahahaha 

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I like DJ but can't stand the shite with his brother on the greens. 

A swift sandiron up the dirtbox would make him move i reckon.

Heard his bro speak he’s dumb too, **** knows how they get the numbers right 😆

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Hope the coverage isn't going to be a Westwood love-in.

Dougherty is creaming himself already at the thought of him winning the green jacket

He is a bit of a *****, landed on his feet anyway. 

Wouldn’t mind Lee winning it, especially seeing as he lives in our wonderful capital city these days.  

Maroon Sailor

Sandy +6 after 6

Got his braces on and I think he should be catapulted off the course

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

He is a bit of a *****, landed on his feet anyway. 

Wouldn’t mind Lee winning it, especially seeing as he lives in our wonderful capital city these days.  

I wouldn't mind him winning it either, his career is worthy of a major but Dougherty's fawning over him is annoying.

Maroon Sailor

Scary that it's 10 years since Schwartzel birdied the last 4 holes during Rory's Masters meltdown

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

If it's under ten they're good.

Doesn’t take long to take their Velcro golf shoes off so 40 odd possibly 😜