Mafia - Birthday Bonanza

Shapes

Stuart McNeill
4 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

The late votes could be very telling.

I had given my reasons earlier in the day for why I was suspicious of Ian and he gave me a reason to vote for him.  Apologies for that as it clearly led to a massive swing in the voting but his timing was just unfortunate it seems.

Wee Jambo was in front for so long and based on the activity before deadline I'm wary of the following players:

Nunya

Vlad

Alim

Dandy

Yvonne

Wee Jambo

I would have included Dunks in that but it may be the case that he has a different role and like me went with his gut on the Ian vote.

Nunya - was next to vote after me.  Jumped on my Ian vote and took some heat off Alim in the process.  The goons were waiting on someone to frame and I gave them the opportunity.

Vlad - unvoted WJ and voted for Rudi on the back of his wimp vote less than 10 minutes before deadline? Hmm.

Alim - looked like he was possibly being saved.  I've already said previously there was some interesting goings on with his votes on day one.

Dandy - again jumped on the Ian lynch right before deadline and saved WJ in the process.

Yvonne - wants WJ to be the last goon to be killed if he is one for entertainment purposes? Possible turncoat.

WJ - some fairly obvious activity to try and save them.

If the assassin fancies helping the town, you could use a couple of bullets.  If it was me I'd be going for WJ first.  I don't make the assassin favourite to win the game so help the town out and kill some goons for us.

I'm fairly certain who both Prince and the assassin are.  The doctor would be nuts to get involved in that late lynch and there will be at least one goon who stayed in the background while all of that was going on.

Theres my thoughts for everyone to wake up to.

I definitely agree with Yvonne, Vlad and WJ. 

Nunya was starting to spike my interest when doing my read through but not enough yet. 

I'll give it another read tomorrow. (took me an hour tonight 😭

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• Stuart McNeill

• Boof

• Shapes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yvonnejambo
4 hours ago, Stuart McNeill said:

I definitely agree with Yvonne, Vlad and WJ. 

Nunya was starting to spike my interest when doing my read through but not enough yet. 

I'll give it another read tomorrow. (took me an hour tonight 😭

Can I just say I don’t know if Wee Jambo is good or bad I just like him 

9 hours ago, Prince Buaben said:

Prince ??

To be fair would be as well coming out. Goons know who they are and can't touch him

Any one of us could claim to be Prince - only the goons can confirm. What's to stop a goon making that claim? 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, Shapes said:

2. Yvonne

3. Stuart 

4. Alim

5. Sheldon

6. Ian

7. Nunya

8. Prince

9. Bunny Munro

11. Seats

12. Sean

13. Boof

14. GOFS

16. Vlad

17. Peaky

18. Dandy

19. Dunks

20. Wee jambo

17 left. 9 for a lynch.

Is ian not dead?

Peakybunnet

Still in a bit of shock from last night's action to be honest. 

Not Wee Jambo being saved by Yvonne but by Hearts winning 6-0 and playing good football. Can 96% of Fans be persuaded Robbie isn't that bad. 

I don't even know if Wee Jambo is bad or not but I had my vote on Ian at a very early stage and wasn't involved in any late changes. I have been consistent all game. 

I am still not much better off knowing who may or may not be bad but there are some quiet posters who are normally.pretty vocal. 

Quiet because goons or masons? 

Seats

Sean

Bunny

Prince

From the top of my head. 

Think my current vote is on Dandy but could change that. 

2 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Not Wee Jambo being saved by Yvonne but by Hearts winning 6-0 and playing good football. Can 96% of Fans be persuaded Robbie isn't that bad. 

I don't even know if Wee Jambo is bad or not but I had my vote on Ian at a very early stage and wasn't involved in any late changes. I have been consistent all game. 

I am still not much better off knowing who may or may not be bad but there are some quiet posters who are normally.pretty vocal. 

Seats

Sean

Bunny

Prince

From the top of my head. 

Claiming i've been quiet simply makes you look like a goon. I've posted loads, probably way more than you 😠

Peakybunnet
15 minutes ago, Seats said:

Claiming i've been quiet simply makes you look like a goon. I've posted loads, probably way more than you 😠

Straight on the defence which is good to see. 

28 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Seats

Sean

Bunny

Prince

From the top of my head. 

Is that your goon list, or just your quiet list?

Peakybunnet
2 minutes ago, Seats said:

Is that your goon list, or just your quiet list?

As I dont have much of a clue I will say goon list, mainly based on either playing quiet or mixed up in last nights voting going on.

What is yours? 

Peakybunnet
6 minutes ago, Seats said:

Not sure what i was supposed to say?

Just pontificate some crap about, quiet players, suspicious votes, who is the assassin, why did he kill Andy first day, wonder if Super Townie will out themselves for the towns benefit. Will the masons join up with ST? These are the things going through my head. 

10 hours ago, Boof said:

If so, now the goons know his/her identity, they might as well let the rest of us know who they are. Game-legally, of course.

It's not me.

Of course the 'they' I referred to there was Prince but if the goons would like to show themselves, that would also be fine and dandy. 

Dandy as in splendid...not necessarily King Dandy...though he has been wafting around my dodgy list for quite some time.

Peakybunnet

Its Grand National day so will spend most of the day watching the racing. Normally go down to Aintree for the 3 days and this will be 2nd year without now. 

I won on LiveLoveLaugh in the Topham yesterday but had doubled it up with Any Second Now in The National. If it wins you wont see me all night. Also doubled it up with Bob Mahler in the Scottish National and Battleground in the 2000 guineas. 

Picture of me and fellow Jambo Craig at Aintree 4 years ago. 

image.png.b51b812c575cb9d4f3d5c856e89bb327.png

Peakybunnet
2 minutes ago, Boof said:

Of course the 'they' I referred to there was Prince but if the goons would like to show themselves, that would also be fine and dandy. 

Dandy as in splendid...not necessarily King Dandy...though he has been wafting around my dodgy list for quite some time.

And mine, my vote is still on him. 

7 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

As I dont have much of a clue I will say goon list, mainly based on either playing quiet or mixed up in last nights voting going on.

What is yours? 

I posted mine yesterday, but really not sure what value it is.

Peakybunnet
Just now, Seats said:

I posted mine yesterday, but really not sure what value it is.

Wondered why you asked if that was mine then. 

Think they can add value later in the game for what its worth as it can catch people out. 

Peakybunnet

I think the game is still in the towns favour with 3 masons, doc and ST left. 

Danger is if they out themselves they get knocked off at night. But with 12 good players left we are still favorites. 

On 08/04/2021 at 07:49, yvonnejambo said:

Goon list

Rudi

Sean

Nunya

Peaky 

10 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

Goon list

Dunks

Dandy

Peaky

Sean

Vlad 

What's Nunya done to come off your goonlist and what've Dunks, Dandy and Vlad done to go on it?

For me, Yvonne would be numero uno, the prime target for turning. Is that too obvious? Would the goons have gone for her on night 1? If night 1's victim hadn't been the TC (or Prince or Shapes) it would've just turned out to be a straightforward goon-kill.

If there's something of a mild amnesty on some players due to persistent night 1 whacking which goons would have said 'Nah - **** it...let's go for X'. Is there even anything of an amnesty? Or am I playing in some sort of rose-tinted neverland?

Peakybunnet
5 minutes ago, Boof said:

What's Nunya done to come off your goonlist and what've Dunks, Dandy and Vlad done to go on it?

For me, Yvonne would be numero uno, the prime target for turning. Is that too obvious? Would the goons have gone for her on night 1? If night 1's victim hadn't been the TC (or Prince or Shapes) it would've just turned out to be a straightforward goon-kill.

If there's something of a mild amnesty on some players due to persistent night 1 whacking which goons would have said 'Nah - **** it...let's go for X'. Is there even anything of an amnesty? Or am I playing in some sort of rose-tinted neverland?

Think her 1st list is picking names out of the hat.

The second looks like those who voted for Ian. 

Prince Buaben
17 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Danger is if they out themselves they get knocked off at night. But with 12 good players left we are still favorites. 

Far too early for them to do that. 

I have an incline who is Prince could be. 

Definitely some voting Shenanigans went on last night but am I'm cautious on how many goons were involved. Even though there is 5 of them they surely wouldn't be that brazen. Trying to decide who on the late votes were at it and who were 'set up'

Prince Buaben
20 minutes ago, Boof said:

It has been debated in previous ganes on how be a shame to kill such and such cause they have been killed early before. 

The Hogfather
7 hours ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Nunya - was next to vote after me.  Jumped on my Ian vote and took some heat off Alim in the process.  The goons were waiting on someone to frame and I gave them the opportunity.

I jumped on Ian because he was so adamant that WJ was a goon, but didn't bring any reasoning to the table. It certainly looked to me like a goon plot to try and divert much needed attention away from a team mate. I stand by the reasoning, even if the individual wasn't who I thought he was. 

Stuart McNeill
3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I jumped on Ian because he was so adamant that WJ was a goon, but didn't bring any reasoning to the table. It certainly looked to me like a goon plot to try and divert much needed attention away from a team mate. I stand by the reasoning, even if the individual wasn't who I thought he was. 

So you were protecting your Goon buddy? 

The Hogfather
Just now, Stuart McNeill said:

So you were protecting your Goon buddy? 

Aye, very good. There's that deflection tactic again Stuart. You're not fooling anybody.

3 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

It has been debated in previous ganes on how be a shame to kill such and such cause they have been killed early before. 

Yeah - not sure any conclusion was ever reached.

For what it's worth, if I was a goon (which I'm not at this party) and I was ignoring any amnesty (or my team mates were outvoting me) Yvonne - as a bloody good non-goon - would be high on my list of folk to get rid of. If she turns out to be the TC - so much the better.

For the same reason Dunks would be high on my list of folk who are a bloody nuisance to goons - when he isn't actually one himself - a good chap for the turning.

Both have been victims to early departures reasonably regularly in the past.

Would the goons be that obvious?

I suppose it depends who the original goons are...

The Hogfather

I won't be around much this afternoon, prior to deadline so I'll be sure to get a vote in around lunchtime and go from there. So if anyone wonders why I suddenly go quiet, I'm not lurking.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
17 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I think Ian was right based on the event of last night, but if the assassin has been paying attention then I'm happy to leave WJ for them, so I'm going to vote elsewhere and pick someone from my list.

Vote Dandy

Prince Buaben
19 minutes ago, Boof said:

For what it's worth, if I was a goon (which I'm not at this party) and I was ignoring any amnesty (or my team mates were outvoting me) Yvonne - as a bloody good non-goon - would be high on my list of folk to get rid of. If she turns out to be the TC - so much the better.

For the same reason Dunks would be high on my list of folk who are a bloody nuisance to goons - when he isn't actually one himself - a good chap for the turning.

Depends on the goons I suppose and if they had any 'previous game beef' with anyone.

Both good suggestions there. Alim Vlad and Seats are all ones who haven't lasted long in recent games too.

What hasn't went unnoticed though is how your making sure to remind people in nearly every post that your not a goon. Maybe one does protest too much?

yvonnejambo

Is it really worth Prince (the game Prince not the real one) identifying themselves now that the goons know who it is? Or better staying hidden to the town to see how votes go? 
I can see pros and cons for this .

I think if we can lynch a goon today and the parcel is with someone good we can then start tomorrow in a better place where a mason can come out with a trust list and then hopefully the parcel can stay in the hands of trusted players. 

41 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

ST is a variable post, though. Might easily end up in goons' hands and we get someone killed.  Just for that spark of hope we really could do with bagging a goon soon...

yvonnejambo
45 minutes ago, Boof said:

I added others as not sure of them but pretty much everyone would be on my goon list 

yvonnejambo

Going to put vote on now in case don’t get back on by deadline- checked and it’s 4pm

vote Vlad

keeping pretty quiet so I think most likely to be a goon.

19 minutes ago, Prince Buaben said:

Depends on the goons I suppose and if they had any 'previous game beef' with anyone.

Both good suggestions there. Alim Vlad and Seats are all ones who haven't lasted long in recent games too.

What hasn't went unnoticed though is how your making sure to remind people in nearly every post that your not a goon. Maybe one does protest too much?

Evidence, please, or you're going to be climbing that dodgy tree at a significant rate.

Edited by Boof
Grammar faux pas

9 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

I added others as not sure of them but pretty much everyone would be on my goon list 

Would you agree that you'd be a prime candidate for targetting on night 1? Any amnesty notwithstanding...

Stuart McNeill
18 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

Is it really worth Prince (the game Prince not the real one) identifying themselves now that the goons know who it is? Or better staying hidden to the town to see how votes go? 

I think if we can lynch a goon today and the parcel is with someone good we can then start tomorrow in a better place where a mason can come out with a trust list and then hopefully the parcel can stay in the hands of trusted players. 

What would be the cons? 

Prince Buaben
16 minutes ago, Boof said:

Evidence, please, or you're going to be climbing that dodgy tree at a significant rate.

Not every post but a fair few. Give me a bit time as busy but I'll go get them

The Hogfather
4 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

What would be the cons? 

A goon could also claim to be the ST and it muddies the waters a bit further.

Prince Buaben
34 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

What if he keeps himself hidden and we lynch him and the Doc is second on the list. We lynch the doc by mistake. Goons and Assassin can't touch him

Stuart McNeill
2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

A goon could also claim to be the ST and it muddies the waters a bit further.

Allow them to. 

It'd backfire. 

If someone comes out and counters the OG Prince. We put the first Prince in the lead. Put the second Prince 2nd.

The first Prince survives as he can't be killed and we kill the goon since the 2nd most voted person dies. 

The Hogfather
Just now, Stuart McNeill said:

Allow them to. 

It'd backfire. 

If someone comes out and counters the OG Prince. We put the first Prince in the lead. Put the second Prince 2nd.

The first Prince survives as he can't be killed and we kill the goon since the 2nd most voted person dies. 

Fair point.

50 minutes ago, Boof said:

I don't disagree with the above, but you are just as likely to have been turned.

Reality is, we can't trust anyone at this stage, it's all on instinct.

5 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Allow them to. 

It'd backfire. 

Dagnabbit!

I had exactly that thought but parked it for a wee while just to see if the goons might just be sleepy enough to fall for it.

Here it is - verbatim...in response to Nunya's post at 10:48

We'd then have to make sure that anyone claiming to be Prince is high up in the voting. Since the real fake-Prince is Prinvincible anyone claiming to be him will have ill-intent in mind. As long as all those claiming to be Prince are voted for (and FFS, no townie should be claiming Prince-ness, other than the real fake-Prince) we should bag a baddie.