Mafia - Birthday Bonanza

Shapes

8 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

I was thinking that as well, could use bs from day 2 tho could help build a trust list 

If the investigation only goes back to the parcel holder and we don't know who was investigated, what use is BS at all with the parcel? 🤷‍♂️

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• Stuart McNeill

• Boof

• Shapes

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riddley Walker

@Shapesif I investigate will it come back as specific role or just good/bad? 

If I investigate tonight then doc, you know what to do so I can pass the info on to the town. 

And if the parcel is passed to a goon, then going for the kill will out them as a goon. Especially if the town agrees no kills.

It's in our interests to keep the parcel IMO, therefore I'm avoiding this lynch train.

yvonnejambo

The pass the parcel thing just brought back a memory of the only time I ever won a pass the parcel and as it had been thrown about so much when it was revealed the prize was a big bar of chocolate and a bubble bath, which had split and the chocolate had a soapy taste (still ate some of it) 😊

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

If the investigation only goes back to the parcel holder and we don't know who was investigated, what use is BS at all with the parcel? 🤷‍♂️

Pass the parcel. First person to post on the thread will become the holder of the parcel. They will get to pick to save, investigate or kill someone during the first night. They will then choose who to pass the parcel on to and this will continue. Nobody knows if the person they're passing the parcel to is good or bad. If the parcel is passed to a member of the party police then the kill will be on top of the kill they already have. If it's passed to doc and they choose to save it will be in addition to their save and likewise with the spy and assassin. Any night action gained by being the parcel holder is in addition to any actions a player may already have.

Can't see anything regarding the info being passed so you might be right 

Riddley Walker
3 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Is there any scenario where I shouldn't pass on the investigation to the town? Obviously not if it comes back doc/cop. 

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

Is there any scenario where I shouldn't pass on the investigation to the town? Obviously not if it comes back doc/cop. 

Assume it'll be good/bad.

But if you are a goon, what's to stop you making up the result? For example saying a fellow goon is trusted?

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Only share a name if the player comes back as bad?

Riddley Walker
Just now, Dunks said:

Assume it'll be good/bad.

But if you are a goon, what's to stop you making up the result? For example saying a fellow goon is trusted?

Hmmm very good point. Because it would be silly for anyone to actually use it for a kill. Would be risky though as if one of them was actually investigated by the cop or lynched the other one would immediately be outed too. 

yvonnejambo
4 minutes ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Pass the parcel. First person to post on the thread will become the holder of the parcel. They will get to pick to save, investigate or kill someone during the first night. They will then choose who to pass the parcel on to and this will continue. Nobody knows if the person they're passing the parcel to is good or bad. If the parcel is passed to a member of the party police then the kill will be on top of the kill they already have. If it's passed to doc and they choose to save it will be in addition to their save and likewise with the spy and assassin. Any night action gained by being the parcel holder is in addition to any actions a player may already have.

Can't see anything regarding the info being passed so you might be right 

It doesn’t say if in the hands of goons or masons that they can’t just keep passing it others in their team?  That would be very bad in the hands of the goons. 

Riddley Walker
Just now, Tenaciousdandy said:

Only share a name if the player comes back as bad?

But the only reason investigations aren't usually passed on is so a mason isn't outed. The goons already know who's good, everyone except them. 

So I don't see why the parcel holder can't pass the info on, and it takes a target off their back as well. It could get messy though. 

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

Hmmm very good point. Because it would be silly for anyone to actually use it for a kill. Would be risky though as if one of them was actually investigated by the cop or lynched the other one would immediately be outed too. 

Actually of course they could use it for a kill (except me) as nobody knows who they are except the passer. 

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, yvonnejambo said:

It doesn’t say if in the hands of goons or masons that they can’t just keep passing it others in their team?  That would be very bad in the hands of the goons. 

Shapes posted after you can't pass it to your own team. 

yvonnejambo
2 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Shapes posted after you can't pass it to your own team. 

Ah ok that’s good. I’ve not had time to read through everything, just having a quick look now until finish work 

At least once Riddley (and all future recipients£ passes the parcel on, we can rule him out of being in a team with that player. This could come in handy later on.

Riddley Walker

Should we agree to share who we post the parcel to? My head's bursting trying to work out what the best thing is to do tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Should we agree to share who we post the parcel to? My head's bursting trying to work out what the best thing is to do tbh. 

Think we need a wee bit clarity from the Birthday Girl first :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I'm thinking probably not, but not sure why. Think it depends who gets any investigation results 🤔

Stuart McNeill

Can the parcel then just be passed back and forth? 

E.g

Riddley to me 

Me to Riddley etc? 

Edited by Stuart McNeill

4 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Way too many questions to be answered by Shapes before we can go ahead and see what's best right now.

Bunny Munro
6 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

E.g

Riddley to me 

Me to Riddley etc? 

Would be a great idea assuming it doesn't disappear if the person holding it dies. Or the Assassin could take you out to protect themselves from being investigated.

Also, we don't know who is or isn't a goon. Id wait until someone, somewhere has a trust list before starting something like that.

PARCEL RULES 

The parcel starts with the first player to post (Riddley). He gets a night action on the first night. If he investigates, only he gets the result. If the parcel holder is lynched then there will be no night activity from the parcel that night but the holder will still be able to pick who to pass it on to.

The holder must not discuss on thread who they're passing it onto next. 

The holder must not state they currently have the parcel. Exception is riddley as he started with the parcel.

The holder can't pass it to a team mate. 

If the parcel holder uses save and the goons use their superkill then the goons kill will stand. The exception on this is the first night as the parcel holder is known to the town so if they save themselves this will count regardless.

Peakybunnet
36 minutes ago, Dunks said:

And if the parcel is passed to a goon, then going for the kill will out them as a goon. Especially if the town agrees no kills.

It's in our interests to keep the parcel IMO, therefore I'm avoiding this lynch train.

True, goons probably dont want the parcel. 😄

3 minutes ago, Shapes said:

PARCEL RULES 

The parcel starts with the first player to post (Riddley). He gets a night action on the first night. If he investigates, only he gets the result. If the parcel holder is lynched then there will be no night activity from the parcel that night but the holder will still be able to pick who to pass it on to.

The holder must not discuss on thread who they're passing it onto next. 

The holder must not state they currently have the parcel. Exception is riddley as he started with the parcel.

The holder can't pass it to a team mate. 

If the parcel holder uses save and the goons use their superkill then the goons kill will stand. The exception on this is the first night as the parcel holder is known to the town so if they save themselves this will count regardless.

I like those rules.

Bunny Munro

This parcel can really give us an edge if used correctly. Even if the goons do get it, they'll struggle to use it effectively without outing themselves and then give it straight back to us.

Just now, Bunny Munro said:

This parcel can really give us an edge if used correctly. Even if the goons do get it, they'll struggle to use it effectively without outing themselves and then give it straight back to us.

We won't know who has the parcel so the goons wouldn't out themselves. All we'll know is the parcel holder killed x - not who used the kill so we'll be none the wiser?

The parcel isn't meant to favour either team. It would be unfair on the goons if the parcel could be manipulated to the towns advantage and vice versa. 

To make the night actions even more secretive and allowing people to do what they want with the parcel, I could do a random generator to see who gets the parcel next rather than the person having it passing it on to someone.

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, AndyNic said:

We won't know who has the parcel so the goons wouldn't out themselves. All we'll know is the parcel holder killed x - not who used the kill so we'll be none the wiser?

The player who passes the parcel on will know they are a goon if they use it to kill 

Just now, Tenaciousdandy said:

The player who passes the parcel on will know they are a goon if they use it to kill 

Ah of course. 

1 minute ago, Shapes said:

The parcel isn't meant to favour either team. It would be unfair on the goons if the parcel could be manipulated to the towns advantage and vice versa. 

To make the night actions even more secretive and allowing people to do what they want with the parcel, I could do a random generator to see who gets the parcel next rather than the person having it passing it on to someone.

In the fairness of the game then it probably does make more sense for you to make it random as we can easily manipulate it in favour of the town by saying no kills. But then saying that the goons could just stay quiet and hidden and reveal who is good or bad also? 

If it talks like a goon, walks like a goon and looks like a goon, it usually is a goon.

Unvote Wee Jambo 

Vote Andy

2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

If it talks like a goon, walks like a goon and looks like a goon, it usually is a goon.

Unvote Wee Jambo 

Vote Andy

Haha **** off :lol:

I was going to suggest that the parcel could go cop>mason1>cop>mason2>cop>mason3>cop>mason1 etc if we could actually get it into the hands of the cop or a mason in the first place.

For that reason, just to keep the game as fair as possible to both sides, perhaps the parcel holder could nominate a list of intended recipients so that Shapes could work through them until she got to someone who hadn't already held the parcel so each day the parcel has a new holder?  That's if we want the holder to be someone new each day.
Or just do it randomly...

Bunny Munro

For the sake of the game I'd just keep it as it is. When introducing a new rule/role/game mechanic it's always hard to guage how it will skew the game. Best let it run its course then evaluate at the end.

Ok 

parcel holder will tell me who they want to get the parcel. The same person can receive the parcel twice as nobody will know other than the current parcel holder who they are giving the parcel to. Recipients of parcel cannot discuss who gave them the parcel and past holders cannot reveal who they gave it too.

Riddley Walker

I'm happy to pass it on to the person who can guess closest to my birthday, which I won't reveal. Then after that the passer will be anonymous anyway. 

Bunny Munro
1 minute ago, Shapes said:

Ok 

parcel holder will tell me who they want to get the parcel. The same person can receive the parcel twice as nobody will know other than the current parcel holder who they are giving the parcel to. Recipients of parcel cannot discuss who gave them the parcel and past holders cannot reveal who they gave it too.

Seems fair enough.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

10 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I'm happy to pass it on to the person who can guess closest to my birthday, which I won't reveal. Then after that the passer will be anonymous anyway. 

I like this idea 😂

14th September.

Good Old Fashioned Scandal
14 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Lmao.

10th July 

Bunny Munro
16 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

You have two, like the queen.

16 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

September 30th