Halliday Injury

Largo

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He hardly does owt so he’s not going to get injured. Only risk of injury is to the vocal chords from the amount of Hun podcasts he does 

If only it was his jaw that was injured with the amount of blabbering he does on podcasts or Clyde 1 Super Scoreboard. 

Halliday is the epitome of the problems we have - a player who isn't good enough who's got one eye on another club (actually 2 cause they're obsessed with the Tic).

Any future signings should have all media roles curtailed - if Hearts are not the focus then GTF. 

3 hours ago, Largo said:

Just heard Andy Halliday on radio, last weekend was the first game he has missed through injury in six years .

To be fair that's some record for any pro footballer .

He's out with a twisted podcast?

Must of passed a fitness test to appear on open goal though on Monday 🙄 . The guy is a tit shouldn’t even be contracted to Hearts another wage thief.

A_A wehatethehibs

He has not been great but he has played his part in the 14 games we have won. I have thought throughout the season that he’d be more effective with Haring alongside him. But Pete blew it the last time that was tried vs Dundee. Maybe we’ll try it again if Haring is a yard fitter 

11 hours ago, flem said:

Agreed, fairly limited in technical ability but appears committed enough and does the dirty work well. 

apols if already questioned in this thread, but last time we were in the championship, which of our midfielders did any dirty work.

Gomis for me was more a cultured / extra time on the ball passing MF

Buaben box to box

Walker / Nicholson out wide.

don't recall any dirty work needing doing...

gorgieheart

Plays like he is permanently injured,  carthorse brings zero to any game.

Stick to radio 

I’m not disappointed by Halliday, he’s just as sh*t for us as he looked when he played for rangers. 

Another player that’s been poor, ineffective and lacking any quality to change matches for us.

I think he's decent back up for Kingsley in the absence of a quality youngster. 

But in regards to holding midfield, we need better. IMO Haring will continue to get fitter and more match sharp and is preferable to Halliday. 

Ainsley Harriott
11 minutes ago, peebles jambo said:

This, guy's a con man

Rangers Rat him Naisy and Jig can all do one 

Halliday is of limited ability, everybody knew that before he signed, but he was seen as a guy who performs to his best capability when others around are also actually trying to pull their weight. When those others fail miserably to pull their weight then Halliday struggles as well. Why there is such a malaise around the whole squad is not Halliday's fault.

Naismith is the motivator (in my opinion, or he WAS) and he's just not doing it.

GMS was hailed as some sort of spark of genius that would awaken the others round about him from their slumbers but it just hasn't happened.

There is something far wrong with the squad and no one player is to blame. 

There needs to be a massive clear out or quick fire relegation is on the cards for next season.

credit card
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Good player gives his all - glad we have him

FTH 5-1 

Bit early to go on the peev. Nowhere near the standard required in my sober eyes.

19 minutes ago, gorgieheart said:

Surely you have to use a muscle to strain it  ?

Lol. I’m no Halliday fan but given Aidy White’s performances recently I really hope he makes it and is played at LB.

Dennis Reynolds

Could really do with him at LB tonight if White and Kingsley are out.

The thought of Halkett at LB with an already makeshift defence gives me the fear. Although tbf the defence has given me the fear from day one.

Tokyo Drifter
On 07/04/2021 at 20:00, allystrachan said:

To be fair that is a great stat.

can I be first in saying...not injured for 5 years then comes to hearts & gets injured! what’s our coaching team doing?! 

Indeed. Another chapter in The Great Hearts Injury Mystery ... how do we do it?

Hectormasson
19 hours ago, gorgieheart said:

Surely you have to use a muscle to strain it  ?

🤣🤣🤣🤣👏

The problem with Halliday is that podcast, openly creaming his crackers over Rangers. Now if he was a standout every week no one would care, we all knew where Laffertys heart lay but he gave his all for us. Halliday is average most weeks never totally shite or that good so as far as I’m concerned he can **** off with the other charlatans who think this club is a holiday camp.

1 hour ago, LMc said:

Could really do with him at LB tonight if White and Kingsley are out.

The thought of Halkett at LB with an already makeshift defence gives me the fear. Although tbf the defence has given me the fear from day one.

Where are all these great young left backs that Levein was talking about on radio the other day. The other ones besides Hickey that were keeping Doig out of the team and resulted in him moving to Hibs.?

credit card
On 08/04/2021 at 10:13, credit card said:

Flattered to deceive from day one. Another one firmly in the not good enough camp.

Deffo a lot better tonight.Maybe left back is his position.