Halliday Injury

Largo

Just heard Andy Halliday on radio, last weekend was the first game he has missed through injury in six years .

To be fair that's some record for any pro footballer .

allystrachan

To be fair that is a great stat.

can I be first in saying...not injured for 5 years then comes to hearts & gets injured! what’s our coaching team doing?! 

Samuel Camazzola
28 minutes ago, Largo said:

Just heard Andy Halliday on radio, last weekend was the first game he has missed through injury in six years .

To be fair that's some record for any pro footballer .

Good fortune to avoid injury for a lengthy period but he did spend large spells on the bench and out of the squad too. 

6 minutes ago, Parttimer1874 said:

I had hoped he was maybe just dropped. A truly torturous footballer. 

One of the few I feel actually tries. 

4 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Good fortune to avoid injury for a lengthy period but he did spend large spells on the bench and out of the squad too. 

Yes you are correct , I would imagine suspensions also cost him game time .

Might as well be injured, he's done absolutely nothing positive in a hearts shirt, doesn't even get stuck in like every pundit claims he does.

6 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Agreed, fairly limited in technical ability but appears committed enough and does the dirty work well. 

41 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

To be fair that is a great stat.

can I be first in saying...not injured for 5 years then comes to hearts & gets injured! what’s our coaching team doing?! 

Maybe one of our coaches kicked him?

Parttimer1874
17 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

I can't begin to imagine how bad he'd be if he didn't then.

21 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Might as well be injured, he's done absolutely nothing positive in a hearts shirt, doesn't even get stuck in like every pundit claims he does.

Surrounded by surrender monkeys, what do you want him to do......save shots off the line, defend against 10 attackers, win the midfield battle, shoot up the wing, cross delicately but accurately and nod in the winner all by himself?

Parttimer1874
1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

Surrounded by surrender monkeys, what do you want him to do......save shots off the line, defend against 10 attackers, win the midfield battle, shoot up the wing, cross delicately but accurately and nod in the winner all by himself?

I'd like him to **** off somewhere else tbh. Taking half the squad with him.

john thomas
1 minute ago, Jambo61 said:

That would be a start

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He hardly does owt so he’s not going to get injured. Only risk of injury is to the vocal chords from the amount of Hun podcasts he does 

Randy Marsh
32 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

He does give 100%.  That's seen as a pass these days at Hearts.  The bar has sunk so low. 

37 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

He does hes limited but knows that and plays within those limits but does his job to let others who are less limited perform and have they **** done so this year.

would rather Haring than him as DM if a choice of those two though (which it hasnt been)

Edited by sadj

Just now, sadj said:

He does hes limited but knows that and plays within those limits but does his job to let others who are less limited perform and have they **** done so this year

Good analysis. Halliday gets a lot of stick here but he always tries hard, unlike a few of the bottlers in the team.

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

He does hes limited but knows that and plays within those limits but does his job to let others who are less limited perform and have they **** done so this year.

would rather Haring than him as DM if a choice of those two though (which it hasnt been)

He certainly splits opinions that's for sure, but there are a whole list of players I'd have a go at before Halliday. Haring when fit and confident is all round a much better player, problem is we've been waiting for that Haring to return for 2 seasons now.

Edited by Jamie Walker Tash

AlphonseCapone
24 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Pass to a Hearts player on a regular basis would be good. 

Robbo-Jambo
49 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

This. 

He actually looks like he is injured every game he plays. 

Has a reputation for trying hard and getting stuck in, despite that he rarely does either in a hearts shirt

22 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He hardly does owt so he’s not going to get injured. Only risk of injury is to the vocal chords from the amount of Hun podcasts he does 

Hurt his back lifting his wage packet.

Spends most weeks W A N K I N G over Rangers on some form of media.....

Edited by Des Lynam

Just now, BigAlim said:

Has a reputation for trying hard and getting stuck in, despite that he rarely does either in a hearts shirt

Where I am. I was pleased when we signed him as thought he got in about people when he was playing for Rangers. 
Can count on 1 hand the amount of games I’ve seen him play that well in for us. If it wasn’t for the odd tussle with folk most games you wouldn’t know he was playing

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

He doesn't really do anything anyway. 

Wankson signing Summer Holiday is the most boring encounter in the history of football.

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Wankson signing Summer Holiday is the most boring encounter in the history of football.

Not as bad as your mate Carlos signing Perreira but he has been poor!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Not as bad as your mate Carlos signing Perreira but he has been poor!

Your mate Levein signed Pereira son

16 minutes ago, This is My Story Podcast said:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Halliday leave in the summer. 

No way is he good enough for the Prem. But then he's not alone. 

38 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

He does give 100%.  That's seen as a pass these days at Hearts.  The bar has sunk so low. 

If that’s his 100% then his 100% is wank. Abomination of a footballer. One of many unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Your mate Levein signed Pereira son

But but but

Carlos was a goalkeeper and he had the added knowledge of Joel's stellar stint with us - if he'd done his homework.  So you want to replace one manager with a poor signing record with another.?  That'll not take us much further forward.

heartsfc_fan

Better option than White for left back.

He's a 6/10 player. Like a 'Robbie Neilson' in his heyday.

There's worst s***bags in the squad than him.

7 minutes ago, DS98 said:

If that’s his 100% then his 100% is wank. Abomination of a footballer. One of many unfortunately. 

Which we knew when he signed but I thought we were getting some kind of "psycho killer hates losing" mentality.  But we didn't even get that. 

KyleLafferty

He’s not a holding midfielder for a start. He started off as a winger at livi. Rangers played him as a holding player but he’s said himself he’s more attacking. The games he’s allowed to go forward he’s played well. 

He’s a ‘Lafferty’.

Play him against Celtic every week (or their wee Lochend cousins, to a lesser degree) and he’ll give his all.

It’s not Hearts that interest him, it’s who he is in opposition to.

We should never have signed him.

Pasquale for King

He’s only played about 260 games in 13 years as a pro, hard to get injured warning the bench. He’s unlikely to tear a hamstring using his pace is he 😆😂

1 hour ago, Jambo61 said:

Nice to meet you andy