Hibs to sell one or two assets

CJGJ

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, jockmac said:

Unbelievable stuff from Levein, he’s genuinely chuffed with himself that he lets a real talented youngster go to our bitter rivals, that could potentially bag them a few million as well.

He genuinely lost the plot with us, massive own goal, but somehow he delights in the lads breakthrough at Hibs. 

We are miles off from where we should be and Levein is the main reason for this, where did the chat ever come from that Levein is intelligent?

He was big in computers before he joined the club, sounds familiar 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?!?!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• WoolfordsHearts

• OTT

Top Posters In This Topic

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Guess he knew fine well he'd ruin him. Breathtaking.

Yeah I don’t think he’s having any regrets just now. 

14 minutes ago, jockmac said:

Unbelievable stuff from Levein, he’s genuinely chuffed with himself that he lets a real talented youngster go to our bitter rivals, that could potentially bag them a few million as well.

He genuinely lost the plot with us, massive own goal, but somehow he delights in the lads breakthrough at Hibs. 

We are miles off from where we should be and Levein is the main reason for this, where did the chat ever come from that Levein is intelligent?

Make no mistake Levein is revelling in the state our Club is in! He is an arrogant tosser who feels he should never have been sacked!

Hearts legend my arse!

Auldbenches
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Make no mistake Levein is revelling in the state our Club is in! He is an arrogant tosser who feels he should never have been sacked!

Hearts legend my arse!

He hadn't been back to Tynecastle for over a year and comes after the worst result in our history.  He is at it. 

16 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

He hadn't been back to Tynecastle for over a year and comes after the worst result in our history.  He is at it. 

Smug *********

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Hearts legend my arse!

Can’t stand the man, I turn the radio off of on the rare occasion I have it on and he’s talking. 

5 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Hibernian may sell "one or two" of their prize assets over the summer, admits owner Ron Gordon.

But the American businessman insists any transfers will not "short change" the club's ability to compete at the top end of the Scottish Premiership.

January bids for Ryan Porteous and Kevin Nisbet were rejected, while teenage full-back Josh Doig has been linked with several English sides.

"We have a mission to be as competitive as we can," said Gordon.

Speaking before the club's annual general meeting, he added: "I think that maybe one, maybe two could have the opportunity to move this summer.

"I don't think we should undervalue our players, I won't consider us just as a selling club."

Doig, 18, has enjoyed a fabulous breakthrough season, with Leicester City the latest team reported to be interested.

"He has been terrific, he's got some great attributes as a player, great speed, a terrific shot," said Gordon. "He has grown and matured. Every game he's got a little better, he's more confident and more comfortable.

"I'm excited that Brendan Rodgers is interested in him. Josh is a great player but we don't want to undersell our assets. We need to find the right balance between what's good for the club and for him.

"For a kid like Josh the idea of playing for a club like Leicester City is something we want to encourage."

Birmingham City wanted striker Nisbet, 24 - who only signed for Hibs in the summer - while Millwall were keen on centre-half Porteous, 22. But Gordon says turning down January offers was the right thing to do.

"It was a question of timing and valuation," he explained. "They were not easy decisions. Both of them want to grow and I am 100% sure they will have other opportunities. I think they both agreed.

"Kevin has come back and really contributed beautifully. The fact he's won his first cap is fantastic and is another feather in our cap. I think he will continue to do well and he is in a better place to move on when the time is right."

With five league matches remaining, Hibs have a seven-point lead in the race to finish third, something last achieved in 2005.

And Gordon is targeting "consistent" European football for the club he bought control of in July 2019.

He also revealed that the process of replacing former chief executive Leeann Dempster was in the "final stages", with an appointment expected in the next "30-40 days".

Lol

4 hours ago, Vlad Magic said:

Is this what this forum has become?

People lifting and then posting stories about our biggest rivals players and ex players making them money and no one batters a ****ing eye lid?

Take your McGinn money and your Doig money and stick it up yer ****ing arseholes ya bunch of sister fisting *****.

FTH, and all their fans.  :fth:

They do know that any money hibs recieve from a transfer fee will end up right in big ron the cons pocket, he will probably bring back cumdog to appease the hobos and they will lap it up. 

Finlay James

It's funny how folk interpret articles from different perspectives.  I read it and immediately thought tick tock for the wee team.

For the owner to come out so publicly starting a fire sale, I'd be worried if I were of the wee team persuasion.

8 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Hearts legend my arse!

I actually hate the pr1ck, he nearly destroyed us with his gross missmanagement. 😡

StirlingJambo
10 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

She took the money for Hickey as quick as she could

Exactly! Hickey should have been offered a decent contract and not the £900 a week and we could have got a much healthier transfer fee a year or so later. Was a slap in the face that offer.

The Real Maroonblood
11 hours ago, Tazio said:

Every sodding thread now. 

Hibs are to sell star players. 
Yeah but Levein is a prick and Hearts are shite.

:pleasing:

1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

It's funny how folk interpret articles from different perspectives.  I read it and immediately thought tick tock for the wee team.

For the owner to come out so publicly starting a fire sale, I'd be worried if I were of the wee team persuasion.

My first thought was at least they've got assets to sell. Who have we got that anybody would pay good money for?

The Old Tolbooth

Two things this absolutely highlights for me, just how utterly shite and depressing our entire time with loser Levein has been, and how strapped HIbs are for cash that they need to sell someone who's 18 years of age because they have no one else in that shit stained team of any great value. 

Let their fire sale begin :) 

ford donald
13 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

And we gave doig a free.. may as well have handed hibs a million plus.

thanks Levein ya prick

Pisses me off big time that,CL you are a arsehole! 

13 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

And we gave doig a free.. may as well have handed hibs a million plus.

thanks Levein ya prick

Levein’s reasoning for this was p1ss poor. He’s done so much damage to the club.

2 hours ago, StirlingJambo said:

Exactly! Hickey should have been offered a decent contract and not the £900 a week and we could have got a much healthier transfer fee a year or so later. Was a slap in the face that offer.

Assuming this is true, its shocking frankly, terrible management of a key talent.

From other posts it seems our highest earners are in and around £4.5k per week. If we genuinely only offered Hickey £900 a week that is naïve beyond belief and totally ageist. Kingsley apparently is on circa £1600, but Hickey was better, more consistent and has more development potential. 

I'd love someone at Hearts to justify that one to us without referring to his age. 

Football has changed from the mid 90s where you can low ball youngsters, if they're good enough, they're old enough. Vlads approach to the Gordon transfer should be looked on as best practise (on a lesser scale, got to balance risk). If we'd got Hickey on a £2k p/w contract, I suspect we could have demanded a lot more than what we got. If you start with a low ball, theres a good chance you insult the other party so much it doesn't matter what you follow the offer up with. 

Letting Doig go too was ****ing idiocy. Telling me, we couldn't have loaned the lad out for a season or two and hedged our bets that interest in Hickey meant he was never going to see 20 as a Hearts player? i.e sell Hickey bump up Doig. 

Leveins mismanagement of the football department has cost us tens of millions and years of time. 

13 hours ago, Yoda said:

When Hickey moved to us from Celtic, they must have stuck in a clause, as they got some of our Bologna money.

It would appear that Levein didn't do likewise with Doig.

Fair to say that Budge the entrepreneur and Levein the ex-footballer have proven that they don't have a business brain between them...

StirlingJambo
38 minutes ago, OTT said:

Assuming this is true, its shocking frankly, terrible management of a key talent.

From other posts it seems our highest earners are in and around £4.5k per week. If we genuinely only offered Hickey £900 a week that is naïve beyond belief and totally ageist. Kingsley apparently is on circa £1600, but Hickey was better, more consistent and has more development potential. 

I'd love someone at Hearts to justify that one to us without referring to his age. 

Football has changed from the mid 90s where you can low ball youngsters, if they're good enough, they're old enough. Vlads approach to the Gordon transfer should be looked on as best practise (on a lesser scale, got to balance risk). If we'd got Hickey on a £2k p/w contract, I suspect we could have demanded a lot more than what we got. If you start with a low ball, theres a good chance you insult the other party so much it doesn't matter what you follow the offer up with. 

Letting Doig go too was ****ing idiocy. Telling me, we couldn't have loaned the lad out for a season or two and hedged our bets that interest in Hickey meant he was never going to see 20 as a Hearts player? i.e sell Hickey bump up Doig. 

Leveins mismanagement of the football department has cost us tens of millions and years of time. 

I was told of a reliable source so assuming he’s not exaggerating, it’s true. He also said Patterson, Nicholson and Irving were/have been offered less than that.

Your spot on! If we want the academy to work and to see any benefit from it we have to offer our half decent youngsters contracts worth staying. It’s the only way we will see decent bids coming in for players.

The management surely seen after a handful of games that we had a player in Hickey and teams would have been sniffing about. That’s when Doig should have been the plan B and told to bide his time.

May one-six

A lot of people seem to be jumping the gun here and assuming that Hibs are going to get big money for these 'assets' that Ron the Con is touting. I'm a wee bit sceptical on that. Porteous is no more than average, Nisbet is not a regular scorer in the Scottish Premier League and, though I've hardly seen anything of him, I'll go out on a limb and say Doig is not in the same class as Aaron Hickey. If Ron pulls in millions for these three then you'll have to admire his skills as a salesman and wonder about the naivety of the buyers.

manaliveits105
18 minutes ago, May one-six said:

A lot of people seem to be jumping the gun here and assuming that Hibs are going to get big money for these 'assets' that Ron the Con is touting. I'm a wee bit sceptical on that. Porteous is no more than average, Nisbet is not a regular scorer in the Scottish Premier League and, though I've hardly seen anything of him, I'll go out on a limb and say Doig is not in the same class as Aaron Hickey. If Ron pulls in millions for these three then you'll have to admire his skills as a salesman and wonder about the naivety of the buyers.

Correct these three are a fuddery of mediocrity and if Clarke thinks they are international class he wont last long

Ron Burgundy

Did they not ask Ron the Con if he thought it was morally ok to sack loads of folk and then the very next day pay £250k on  a transfer fee?

Basically what we were supposed to be doing when it was set out in the 5 year plan.Youngplayers getting 50 games then move onto higher level and cash for Hearts.Instead we have flooded our team with old journeymen and differs and from the outside it looks like our youth is a mess.

Nookie Bear

26 minutes ago, May one-six said:

I think you’re being generous to Porteous. He is awful. 

eyesandears
1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

Fair to say that Budge the entrepreneur and Levein the ex-footballer have proven that they don't have a business brain between them...

Correct. Dumb and Dumberer 2.

14 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

That’s like saying how much have Dortmund made on Haaland. We’ll find out when they sell him.

I don’t see them getting a great deal tbh

Whatever they get, there will be a decent sell on clause included, something else we regularly fail to manage.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think you’re being generous to Porteous. He is awful. 

Hibs are great at talking their players up though.Hibs workmate said the same about Porteous though , that he is poor and can't see the fuss.

1 hour ago, StirlingJambo said:

I was told of a reliable source so assuming he’s not exaggerating, it’s true. He also said Patterson, Nicholson and Irving were/have been offered less than that.

Your spot on! If we want the academy to work and to see any benefit from it we have to offer our half decent youngsters contracts worth staying. It’s the only way we will see decent bids coming in for players.

The management surely seen after a handful of games that we had a player in Hickey and teams would have been sniffing about. That’s when Doig should have been the plan B and told to bide his time.

I think thats absolutely disgraceful and an insult to the youngsters concerned. 

I'd love to see this raised as a query at the next AGM, basically stating that the offering of derisory contracts not in line with first team levels is undermining the purpose of the academy. We will never be able to gain the correct value for a young player if we're utterly unwilling to be competitive in our contract offerings. 

I'm really depressed to hear this is the case. I think its outdated and built on the tall poppy syndrome/ some misguided belief young players need to 'pay their dues'.  Football has moved on considerably since then, and young talented players are now paid their worth. 

If they're in the first team and holding their own they deserve to be compensated accordingly. Hickey was the best talent we've had at LB since Lee Wallace and the club thinks £900 is a good offer? PMSL. Shocking management. 

If this remains the attitude of the club in contract negotiations, we can say goodbye to Harry Stone and Flatman right now. Both extremely talented, I'd put my house on neither making 30 first team apperances before the contract runs out and we're back offering them a Twix and a bottle of fanta to renew. 

I'm ****ing raging. No wonder we can't retain youngsters. 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I'd love to see this raised as a query at the next AGM, basically stating that the offering of derisory contracts not in line with first team levels is undermining the purpose of the academy. We will never be able to gain the correct value for a young player if we're utterly unwilling to be competitive in our contract offerings. 

I'm really depressed to hear this is the case. I think its outdated and built on the tall poppy syndrome/ some misguided belief young players need to 'pay their dues'.  Football has moved on considerably since then, and young talented players are now paid their worth. 

If they're in the first team and holding their own they deserve to be compensated accordingly. Hickey was the best talent we've had at LB since Lee Wallace and the club thinks £900 is a good offer? PMSL. Shocking management. 

If this remains the attitude of the club in contract negotiations, we can say goodbye to Harry Stone and Flatman right now. Both extremely talented, I'd put my house on neither making 30 first team apperances before the contract runs out and we're back offering them a Twix and a bottle of fanta to renew. 

30 games I think Harry's contract runs out In 2023 so will be lucky to see him at all as I presume he will be loaned out again then will end up as number two for some numpty ( that's if Gordon calls it quits ) for the 22/23 season.

Dagger Is Back

We'll see what happens in the summer but we've all heard this from them before. Will Porteous and Nisbet make it - who knows - I don't rate Porteous much and Nisbet has a long way to go.

In saying that. CLs excuse for letting Doig go was insulting to us as fans, we can all see through his lying and deflection. Would have an ounce more respect for him  if he'd just held up his hands and said we got that one wrong. Then again it's Levein and that doesn't come easy to him.

But at least they have players to talk up - we have an aging squad with no sell on value and a bunch of promising youngsters farmed out on loan and over the years another bunch lying discarded in the gutter. 

That's Leveins legacy. I wonder what his excuse was for not signing John McGinn when he was available for a snip? Wouldn't get his game ahead of Kitchen, Swanson or Cowie or we needed the budget to bring in Oshinawa, Dauda or Reilly?

He's got brass balls for showing up anywhere near Tynecastle

john thomas
1 hour ago, OTT said:

All of this based on some random person speaking to , yet another , 'reliable source' !

Quite concerning

2 hours ago, StirlingJambo said:

There was a whole big long thread on Doig thats worth a read. 

4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

All of this based on some random person speaking to , yet another , 'reliable source' !

Quite concerning

Im ****ing raging that unnamed source one said x and unnamed source two said y. If its negative it must be true if its two negative things about one thing both must be true. This place is mental. 

john thomas
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Im ****ing raging that unnamed source one said x and unnamed source two said y. If its negative it must be true if its two negative things about one thing both must be true. This place is mental. 

MORE DRUGS please

4 minutes ago, john thomas said:

Quite concerning

Its either true or its not true. 

Irving has been stalling for months, and there has been constant threads about piss poor offers. Likewise with Hickey. 

If it is not true, then fine. But considering our football department is a ****ing basket case and has been for several years I highly doubt that this isn't true. 

There has been constant smoke about shite contract offers. Usually there is fire. 

We can't retain youngsters, others can. (Aberdeen - McKenna, Hibs - Cummings: Both long term deals for young players with plenty options down south). 

I find it very difficult to reach another conclusion. 

Just now, john thomas said:

MORE DRUGS please

I think most have had quite enough , though watching us just now is probably more effective than valium for a wee sleep

My worry with our current manager coming back was it was obvious Youth weren't going to get a chance,That was my big worry and sadly it's happened.Criminal.

Craig is appearing very arrogant as well.Just no need for this.

1 minute ago, Hendolad said:

My worry with our current manager coming back was it was obvious Youth weren't going to get a chance,That was my big worry and sadly it's happened.Criminal.

Not Rob or Bob or Rab the day just our current manager? 🤔 I’m confuzzled

2 minutes ago, Hendolad said:

Isn’t Robert leaving? 

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

Not Rob or Bob or Rab the day just our current manager? 🤔 I’m confuzzled

Very mature.

1 minute ago, Hendolad said:

Very mature.

Ach well what can you do. Its hardly immature compared to most of the lunacy on here and it doesnt really tally with your nightmare the other day.