*****Official Heart of Midlothian Vs Alloa thread ******

Bongo 1874

I just want to see the players show a bit of desire tonight.  I think that the apathy of the team in last couple of months is much more soul destroying than bad play, bad tactics etc.    I have watched many crap Hearts teams over the years but I have always stuck with them if they at least tried a leg.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• Bongo 1874

All roads lead to Gorgie

Sad to say it but we are at the stage where any win will do against Alloa. The fact I am still doubting our ability to achieve a win against the bottom club shows how bad Robbie's management of the team has been in recent weeks. The players need to show they care as well because they have let the fans down big time with their lazy displays, that has to change tonight. 

Buzzing already, not sure if getting the Asda Beer delivery at 9am was a good move though  🤤🤤🤤

I'll take anything from this game, keep the scoreboard ticking over. 

Prediction is 0-0

I’m hoping that the well justified criticism that has been focused on the players this week might just galvanise this bunch into a performance tonight worthy of wearing the jersey. So far they have hidden behind the inadequacy of the tactics, but the truth of the matter is that far too many of them have strolled about as if nothing mattered and there was nothing at stake. They really need to step up to the mark tonight and prove there supposed credentials as professionals.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

I’m hoping that the well justified criticism that has been focused on the players this week might just galvanise this bunch into a performance tonight worthy of wearing the jersey. So far they have hidden behind the inadequacy of the tactics, but the truth of the matter is that far too many of them have strolled about as if nothing mattered and there was nothing at stake. They really need to step up to the mark tonight and prove there supposed credentials as professionals.

They’ve already proved that they’re a bunch of wage thieves, just as Neilson has proved he’s a talentless fraud.

Beating Alloa makes zero difference of that.

5 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Buzzing already, not sure if getting the Asda Beer delivery at 9am was a good move though  🤤🤤🤤

Prediction is 0-0

It's only Sweetheart Stout......get it in early. 👍

ford donald
24 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Prediction is 0-0

Going for a 2-0 to Hearts ,saying that with absolutely no confidence,fingers crossed

25 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They’ve already proved that they’re a bunch of wage thieves, just as Neilson has proved he’s a talentless fraud.

Beating Alloa makes zero difference of that.

Yeah, I know - I just hope that most of them are embarrassed enough by the justified criticism that’s been fired their way this week is enough for them to at least show some effort. 

25 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

It's only Sweetheart Stout......get it in early. 👍

Jesus, that takes me back. Only real memory of that stuff was it was indeed sweet and easy to drink and nye on impossible to get blootered on, not a lot of use   😃😃😃😃😃

Do they still make that stuff.

Horatio Caine

There is no question that Alloa will smell blood tonight.  Ridiculous when you think about it.  We need to wade in first to take that smell away.  Two quick goals would be a great start - but to then keep up the pressure and not sit back inviting them to get back in it.  Going to be a nervous evening, which tells us all about this squad and the coaches.  Nervous playing Alloa ffs.

2 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

There is no question that Alloa will smell blood tonight.  Ridiculous when you think about it.  We need to wade in first to take that smell away.  Two quick goals would be a great start - but to then keep up the pressure and not sit back inviting them to get back in it.  Going to be a nervous evening, which tells us all about this squad and the coaches.  Nervous playing Alloa ffs.

Smell blood?  Not a chance, they are a completely demoralised, virtually relegated team that have only won 4 league games all season, won only 2 of their last 16 games. 

7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Jesus, that takes me back. Only real memory of that stuff was it was indeed sweet and easy to drink and nye on impossible to get blootered on, not a lot of use   😃😃😃😃😃

🤷 Dunno used to drink it when I was 10. 😂

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Does anyone know if the game tomorrow night is on Hearts TV. I know it is on BBC1 Scotland but I thought it would be better to watch it on the PC so I could continue watching The Masters golf on TV at same time.

That's the best "we are shite post so I don't want to watch us" post ever. 

Far more subtle and sophisticated than the other 1000 "look at how bored/ angry I am" ways to get the point across about how dull we are under Rob. 

Horatio Caine
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Smell blood?  Not a chance, they are a completely demoralised, virtually relegated team that have only won 4 league games all season, won only 2 of their last 16 games. 

Which team is the more demoralised?  Grant will be dinning in to his players that they have a chance here.  We need to put that to bed early doors.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Alloa will be hoping for a narrow defeat. 

Bad Religion
46 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Prediction is 0-0

😂

Bazzas right boot
51 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Looking forward to another tactical masterclass tonight from nae goals Neilson.

Top goal scorers in the division. 

:vrface:

14 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

I think I'm right in saying we haven't scored in the first half hour of a match this calendar year.

Suppose we might get lucky

SectionDJambo

Wouldn't surprise me if we saw a complete change of tactics tonight, along with a few players actually imposing themselves on a game against the worst team in the division. Then, if an easy and convincing victory is the result, we are all asked by the pundits what all the fuss was about.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we saw a complete change of tactics tonight, along with a few players actually imposing themselves on a game against the worst team in the division. Then, if an easy and convincing victory is the result, we are all asked by the pundits what all the fuss was about.

Once we get the promotion, that question will also be asked. 

I don't blame Neilson for the last 3 years, so in terms of this year -

Sc final, beat hibs, lost final on pk. 

Lc last 16v Alloa 

Promotion ( chickens, counted) 

Sc out v Broro. 

The outlier is the Brora, the rest is a typical Hearts season with ups and downs. 

Covid transfer window, in the championship, in a shortened season with him taking over a team that was demoted after 4 wins in 30.

That's how I'll view it. 

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

I think I'm right in saying we haven't scored in the first half hour of a match this calendar year.

Suppose we might get lucky

It's horrendous. 

We have had chances, but atm we also seem to like chucking one in our end early for the banter. 

For once we might see a team come to Tynecastle and try to attack. A draw is not much use to Alloa as it stands. Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith are the only teams who have come and tried to get forward; 

Still, you never know with Peter Grant and he might spontaneously combust on the touchline as he's been threatening to do it all season.

Hectormasson
36 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yeah, I know - I just hope that most of them are embarrassed enough by the justified criticism that’s been fired their way this week is enough for them to at least show some effort. 

Think most of them have given up tbh, apart from maybe four,   playing in front of no fans hasn't helped '   they need their arses kicked physically & verbally,  hard to see us breaking down any team with this bunch of losers, fully knowing a lot of them will be leaving soon enough   let's hope theres a performance to get us over this line !    Its well over due !

Hectormasson
37 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

But still put hearts out a cup?

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Sad to say it but we are at the stage where any win will do against Alloa. The fact I am still doubting our ability to achieve a win against the bottom club shows how bad Robbie's management of the team has been in recent weeks. The players need to show they care as well because they have let the fans down big time with their lazy displays, that has to change tonight. 

Seriously don't feel confident we can win tonight. I'd honestly just take a 1-0. My fear is that when the league is won Budge will just go 'he's a great manager he won the league' and lead us straight back into the championship. So much damage is being done here it's unbelievable.

18 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Think most of them have given up tbh, apart from maybe four,   playing in front of no fans hasn't helped '   they need their arses kicked physically & verbally,  hard to see us breaking down any team with this bunch of losers, fully knowing a lot of them will be leaving soon enough   let's hope theres a performance to get us over this line !    Its well over due !

No doubt about that.  You would think though picking up the wages that these losers do that they would have the decency to actually put just a bit of effort in. Fed up with the selfish mentality some of these players have.  The ones that are actually on their way out you would think would be trying to put themselves into the shop window. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Interesting to read Craig Gordon and Kevin Nisbet agree the Championship is harder to play in than the Premier. Not sure I agree, but interesting more so from Nisbets perspective

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Alloa will be hoping for a narrow defeat. 

Normally I'd agree with you on this but Grant hate us and will have them up just for that.  Good enough reason to shut the ****er up.

Easy 2-0 win tonight but a nervy performance from us.  

Auldbenches
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Interesting to read Craig Gordon and Kevin Nisbet agree the Championship is harder to play in than the Premier. Not sure I agree, but interesting more so from Nisbets perspective

Joe ledley said the same about playing in the English premier compared to Scotland.  Said it was a breeze when he went to palace. 

Should still be beaten teams a lot easier than we are.  

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Does anyone know if the game tomorrow night is on Hearts TV. I know it is on BBC1 Scotland but I thought it would be better to watch it on the PC so I could continue watching The Masters golf on TV at same time.

It’s on Hearts tv 👍🏽

A few beers and a curry tonight and hopefully be popping the champagne after the final whistle

Cmon the JT’s A WIN PLEASE 

36 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Ok so who out of the probable starting team tonight do you suggest will not be with us next season  other than Irving and possibly White if Halliday doesn't make it.?

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Must be worth a fiver, what's the odds.........has their striker scored in the last 16 games, if not put him down for 1st goal!

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Deevers said:

No doubt about that.  You would think though picking up the wages that these losers do that they would have the decency to actually put just a bit of effort in. Fed up with the selfish mentality some of these players have.  The ones that are actually on their way out you would think would be trying to put themselves into the shop window. 

All those attributes that you list there mean they are likely to be looking after themselves to make sure they don’t get an injury. If they had that pride in their performance they might be staying or moving to a bigger club, it’s all downhill for these losers. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Joe ledley said the same about playing in the English premier compared to Scotland.  Said it was a breeze when he went to palace. 

I suppose my own personal experience, I went from amateur to junior, though players I was up against were better, so were the players I was playing with, the pitches and the preparation, and most, not all, were trying to play some form of football, whereas amateur was all about getting it into the box and hoping that you were stronger. When I went back the way to amateur, I found I resented it. Perhaps, still you would think a bit of quality would break out somewhere, but not for 3 months now

1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Sorry for jumping in, but yes they do, walked by them on the beer shelf and thought, I wonder if that burzd on the can is still alive.🤔😄

12 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

Interesting.

Probably because they play football down there (for the most part) and up here too many teams play anti-football.

Hectormasson
14 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Ok so who out of the probable starting team tonight do you suggest will not be with us next season  other than Irving and possibly White if Halliday doesn't make it.?

Popescu Irving kastaneer, frear,naismith about finished, halkett ?jury still out on gnanduillett if he hacks it in spl, will walker do biz in spl , gms has been inadequate ?

19 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Must be worth a fiver, what's the odds.........has their striker scored in the last 16 games, if not put him down for 1st goal!

Only 12/1 bud says it all.

Byyy The Light
23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I suppose my own personal experience, I went from amateur to junior, though players I was up against were better, so were the players I was playing with, the pitches and the preparation, and most, not all, were trying to play some form of football, whereas amateur was all about getting it into the box and hoping that you were stronger. When I went back the way to amateur, I found I resented it. Perhaps, still you would think a bit of quality would break out somewhere, but not for 3 months now

Similar to mine, going down to play amateur for a couple of years was not enjoyable after playing a couple of levels above.

Very occasionally something resembling a game of football would break out but it was much easier playing equivalent of what's now Lowland League.  I have kind of tried to give the players the benefit of the doubt for that reason but even then the last couple of months, it's been nowhere near good enough.  

Auldbenches
27 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Interesting.

Probably because they play football down there (for the most part) and up here too many teams play anti-football.

Our game seems to be about stopping good players.  Nothing wrong with that when needed.  Plenty have came up here and went back with their tales between their legs thinking they would walk it.  

Dropping point to Alloa at Tynecastle is an instant sacking offence IMO.

I'm unsure what I want more. 3 points or a sacking!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Ron Burgundy
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

Get the 3 points and Neilson out.

Sadly getting 3 points will cement him into the foundations even further.

5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Similar to mine, going down to play amateur for a couple of years was not enjoyable after playing a couple of levels above.

Very occasionally something resembling a game of football would break out but it was much easier playing equivalent of what's now Lowland League.  I have kind of tried to give the players the benefit of the doubt for that reason but even then the last couple of months, it's been nowhere near good enough.  

I played junior for years but when I went back to amateur I could not believe the time I had on the ball and  found it irritating that players around me could not read the game like players I had been playing with . Not taking anything away from amateur there was some cracking players in the top level like the Caledonian etc. 

Class of 75
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Yep my wife drinks it. 

Class of 75
2 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Yep my wife drinks it. 

Pasquale for King
11 hours ago, siegementality said:

Oh look, Neilson shit the bed with Dundee Utd in last years run in as well. They were pish before the season was called.

DA92E65B-568B-4A29-8424-5902D8FB1788.jpeg

It’s no surprise, he did the same every season he was with us in the last batch of games.